lights are on | bird training

• HEY KID, TAKE THE STAGE AND DELIVER ——— TAGS

"Come on, Domino, work with me," Vanillapaw complained, plopping themself down. Domino had been resting between their shoulders, listening to them and chirping to guide them; or at least, that was what he was supposed to be doing. After about ten minutes, the sparrowhawk had gotten bored and hopped off, wandering around on the ground. Nilla had wandered around aimlessly, trying to find him without any idea of where he could be, but had given up, resorting to calling out and hoping the hawk would come back eventually.

IN LOVE I'VE ALWAYS BEEN A MERCENARY

BUT I NEVER LEAVE MY POST WHEN THE CASH RUNS OUT

SHADOW VEIL | CHARLOTTE x MERCY | HE/THEY PRONOUNS

• Despite being nick-named a one man pet store due to the ridiculous number of glass enclosures and cages that lined his room, Theo couldn't imagine himself taking care of a hawk. At least, not without envisioning a horrible end for it. Birds weren't like reptiles and insects, if you couldn't tell- content with leading a clockwork lifestyle. They desired more than just being fed and exercised at the scheduled times. Yes, they were too unpredictable for his liking, and prone to leaving their owners behind, as Domino had demonstrated. Theo didn't claim to know Vanilla any more than the next fella, but he thought that they were just swell. A real hoot. But maybe he was wrong about them. It wouldn't be the first time that he had misjudged someone at first glance. Anyway, that was enough pondering for now. He approached the feline from behind, his earthen gaze no less agreeable than usual as he glanced up at the winter sky. A nice day for flying, from a hawk's point of view. "I'm no avian expert," He said, taking a seat next to the child. "But 'ave you tried positive reinforcement? I mean, giving Domino a mouse or somethin' whenever he does what you want 'im to. If you reward him enough, he'll be a prize winning champ in no time." Pavlovian conditioning, that was the term used in his psychology textbook. "Though uh, I guess you have to find 'im first." The fox hound mumbled, a mite sheepish as he rubbed at his chin. "Sorry 'bout that. Anything I can do to help?"

YOU GOT A LOOK IN YOUR EYES, I KNEW YOU IN A PAST LIFE

SHADOW VEIL — SEVEN MONTHS — FOX HOUND — TAGS

• Ver could completely understand Vanilla’s frustration, birds were a pain. Stubborn as all hell and somehow more difficult to handle than her own children. She didn’t have the secret whisper of some of the Volarians with her pets and often when she was alone would get into one sided arguments with her own pets (really only one of them) whom only met her insults of “Dumb bird” and “asshole” with loud squawking and what she was sure was smirking. It was a good thing she no longer held an alliance in Volary, she saved them from a lot of ear trauma and saved herself from disappointing them. All she had to worry about was disappointing Enjolras or Mercy really.

she was aware that the kids all had their own bird, had seen them around plenty and it was only a matter of time before she had the chance to catch one of the kids out and about with their companion so she could show off her own and give some of her own parental advice (rather wanted or more than likely not). Her tail wags slowly as she approaches Nilla and Theo one wing held out and perched on top of it sat her Redtail Hawk; Phantom who quizzically would tilt his head as he stared down at the other Veilers. ”I see you got yourself in quite a pickle kiddo” she grins down at Nilla adjusting her wing to cause Phantom to hop off to perch elsewhere; finding his place on one of her horns. ”Bribing always works but you don’t want to fatten them to much... unless you want him to be unable to fly his butt away from you” she notes.

After a second of silence she softens her face and flicks her tail in the direction of the treetops ”I can go fly around to fetch him for you if you’d like” perhaps that was wishful thinking, hawks were fast and she was still adjusting to even being able to fly again.

”speech”tags

I AM THE CONSCIOUS CLEAR

IN PAIN OR ECSTASY

Storage | ♕ | played by Kedamono | ♕ | ic opinions

• ———— ARVICAENA ————

AIN'T EVER WANNABES

The canine spotted Ver and blinked in surprise. This was, well, Mercy's lover. Wasn't that who Ver was? That would make her Arvi's mom as well. Wouldn't it? Maybe. She was not sure how things like this worked. The pup came strolling over and paused when she heard the conversation. Training a bird? That one was new. "I didn't know a bird could be trained." She admits with faint smile on her maw.

"Speech."

I WAS GONNA BE THAT ONE IN A MILLION

wolf \ single \ adopted by mercy \ self doubter

• ★ ★ ★ despite having his own red hawk , his being partially leucistic , a rather good distinction between his companion and ver's , enjolras would not call himself a bird whisperer . sure , he made some vague commands that helios seemed to follow , but he felt the bird was the one getting him to do things , and not the other way around . said hawk was the one that had alerted him to this little gathering in the first place , perhaps finding all the birds and the drama to be entertaining . enjolras approached with a raised eyebrow , not exactly picking up on the situation due to not having heard what it was that had been said . " are we having a bird party or something ? " he inquires , only half serious . it seemed like something the flights would do , but he wouldn't put it past the veilers to host some sort of pet event that was overrun with birds .

𝑴𝒀 𝑫𝑬𝑨𝑹, 𝒀𝑶𝑼'𝑹𝑬 𝑵𝑶𝑻 𝑺𝑶 𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑶𝑪𝑬𝑵𝑻

enjolras harbringer . vf + sv - emperor + duskguard . biography

• HEY KID, TAKE THE STAGE AND DELIVER ——— TAGS

They huffed, annoyed by the suggestions despite the fact that they knew Theo was only trying to help out. "Yeah, I tried that. Didn't stop him from getting bored." They heard heavier steps coming closer, and it wasn't difficult to figure out that this was Ver. It was confirmed moments later when she started speaking, and they shook their head, turning towards her voice to hopefully look in her general direction before their head turned straight ahead once more

"He didn't fly off," they said, seemingly only growing more agitated at the idea. Vanillapaw would have heard his wings, and besides, he still didn't have all of his feathers. Even if he had taken off, he wouldn't have gotten very far. "He's gotta be close by, but, you know, I couldn't exactly what where he was going." It was said in a bitter tone as they gestured at their eyes, or the light that covered them.

They heard two more voices nearby, but neither was familiar and they didn't feel like introducing themself to either of them right now. Instead, they said, directed at Ver, "Domino just got bored, that's all. He wouldn't just disappear, he isn't like that."

IN LOVE I'VE ALWAYS BEEN A MERCENARY

BUT I NEVER LEAVE MY POST WHEN THE CASH RUNS OUT

SHADOW VEIL | CHARLOTTE x MERCY | HE/THEY PRONOUNS

• Damn, was he honestly the only one in this clan who didn't have a pet of some kind? It was starting to feel that way. He'd known that Littlepaw had also been training her bird not long ago, but at that time he'd chosen to stay away due to his lack of interest in anything having to do with pets. However, when he wandered across a group of his clanmates all gathered around Vanillapaw and spotted a small bird hopping around near by, the Shaderunner couldn't bury his curiosity. Padded forward to stand near the group, the tabby tilted his head slightly as he listened to their conversation, plopping himself down into a seated position as they chatted amongst each other. Nilla seemed to be growing a bit frustrated, and he couldn't blame them, seeing as he himself wasn't the best at taking constructive criticism. Rather than piling on to the suggestions at how to get the bird to listen, Riptide pointed his tail at where he could see the little sparrowhawk wandering around, even though he knew that Nilla couldn't see where he was gesturing. "I think that's Domino over there." Not at all helpful, but to be honest, Ty didn't really have anything to add to this situation.

UNTIL I LEARN HOW TO FLOW WITH THE HIGHS AND THE LOWS

SHADOW VEILSHADERUNNERDOMESTIC FELINEINFORMATION