WHO IS THIS KID [ introduction ] AND WHAT'S HE GONNA DO?

• How long had it been since he had made a new friend? Cloudypaw couldn't remember. Since moving into the Flights only a couple of months ago, the quiet, noticeably distant feline hadn't really made an effort to socialize outside of his siblings. Yeah, he held (minimal) conversation with the other members of Volary Flights now and then, but they rarely went anywhere. He didn't blame anyone other than himself. He knew he was awkward to talk to. He had a hard time carrying conversations, and often preferred to tag along with his siblings and listen to their conversations, but alas that rarely made any connections for him personally. He disliked being in any sort of spotlight, and that definitely provided some problems for him that others didn't have.

While he did feel lonely, he always concluded that it was better than feeling uncomfortable. He at least had his siblings to talk to, and he found that was enough to get through the day. Talking to anyone else made him jumpy, on-edge. His mind never went to good places when he was like that. Avoiding that place was the best, and the best way to do that was to just not talk to anyone.

Even now, as he was on the hunt for Dovepaw and Sugarpaw, he was avoiding others, dodging gazes and turning away from friendly (and the occasional more apathetic) greetings. Occasionally he would stop, look around in an attempt to find their familiar figures, only to have to move on again. This is what he had spent the morning doing. Now, with the time approaching noon, the lacking presence of his sisters was beginning to get to the small-bodied cat. His paw, being the only true window into seeing exactly how Cloud felt, began to tap in a small, quick and anxious motion. Should he call out for them? Would that draw too much attention? He fought back the urge to bite his lip, withholding his (other than his tapping foot) composed look. He guessed he should just keep looking around and hope that no one would notice him doing his fourth lap around the Phoenix Ruins today.

//not my greatest start but im just not having in rn oof;;

[ TAGS ]

EITHER WAY YOU WON'T BE GOING THIRSTY・ 。゚

kira x bramblemask qualea of volary flights botany enthusiast tags

• The reason Cloudypaw hadn't been able to find his sister in camp so far was, well, because she hadn't been in camp. Stuck on the earliest patrol to the edges of the borders, Sugarpaw had only just returned to the Phoenix Ruins when she saw a familiar sight and did a visible double take. Cloudypaw's back! He looked ... very uncomfortable, which made Sugar's heart twinge sympathetically, but her expression lit up at the sight of her brother.

Oh, one thing first. Sugarpaw lifted her chin and chittered, scanning the canopy for a familiar flash of red. Come on, she urged, eyes narrowing as she caught Pepper's familiar feathers in the trees, willing him to come and join her. After a moment he did, fluttering down to perch on her shoulder like she'd been teaching him.

"Good boy," she purred, touching her nose to his beak. With that sorted, her attention returned fully to the blue tabby and she trotted over towards her vvery uncomfortable-looking brother.

"Cloudy!" She called out, tail lifting high into the air as a greeting as she got closer. "You okay?'

the space where no one's been

I SEE THAT YOU ARE THIN, THE NIGHT IS GETTING DIM

VOLARY FLIGHTS | QUALEA | INFORMATION | PENNED BY WREN

• Cloud was about to give up, retreat back to his place in the Osprey Commons and probably sulk or something. when the familiar face of Sugarpaw came over to greet him. His tapping paw slowed down. Well, that was at least some sort of relief. And she also had her red bird with her. He wasn't sure he had ever caught the avian's name. Should he ask? Would that be rude? Maybe it would come up naturally? Hopefully it would, because he had already decided not to ask what it was directly. Oh well.

"...Hello." murmured the quiet feline eventually, holding his stoic expression. Any words from the tom was a victory. Maybe Sugarpaw would see it that way too, but for him it was just normal. "I was looking for Dovepaw and you." That should suffice for her question, right? Anymore would seem like rambling most likely. It would be find to stop there. His eyes turned to the bird. Pretty thing. Maybe he should look into finding a companion of his own. It would be nice to not be alone so much. and it wasn't like he would have to talk to the thing. Most of the Flights' companions didn't talk. He liked that about them. After a long pause, he spoke. "He's cool." Had he said that to her before? Oh well. He reminded himself to think more before he spoke next time. "Where'd you find him again?"

[ TAGS ]

EITHER WAY YOU WON'T BE GOING THIRSTY・ 。゚

kira x bramblemask qualea of volary flights botany enthusiast tags

• Littlepaw wasn't sure why she was relaxing in the Phoenix Ruins that day, but she sure knew that she grew more and more annoyed with Cloudypaw as he passed through on the third pass. If not for Sugarpaw, she would've been quick to snap at him on his fourth go around, his anxious tapping giving her a headache. Bubby did little to help, however, as the bird chirped and squawked each time Cloudypaw brought his gaze around in search of his sisters. Maybe her bird, as useless as he was, was trying to get the boy's attention - or maybe Bubby was just trying to be an asshole to her.

Lily pulled herself onto her paws, amber eyes narrowed at the quiet boy and his sister. A sharp hiss left her mouth in a breathy tone, ears pulled back as she lifted her broken legs and tried to move on and ignore the little reunion. However Bubby, ever the socialite (and asshole, might we add,) abandoned her side and flapped his little wings, carrying himself fairly easily towards the two. Littlepaw looked over her shoulder with clear disdain, while her sparrowhawk tapped his beak against Sugarpaw's leg, as if asking for attention himself. After all, Sugarpaw was far softer than his true companion.

She turned around, achingly slow, and hobbled over to the two, eyes lowered to Bubby in a vague attempt to further ignore the other apprentices. She let out a heavy breath, already over exerting herself, but not wanting to make a scene over it; "I'll just take my bird back," Lily huffed, awkwardly leaning down to try and beckon the bird, only for it to hop around to the other side of Sugarpaw. Great.

• ✦ ✧ ✦ Noir had vaguely met Dovepaw and Sugarpaw, both gorgeous damsels, but he had yet to meet Cloudypaw. As he spots a stranger he doesn't recognize, Noir bounces his way over to join the group. His bright eyes fixate on Cloudypaw as a confident smile brushes his face. "Hello there," He begins with a slight nod of his head, "What was your name again? I missed it. I'm Noir," He introduces himself, waving his tail along the ground.

YOU COMMITTED, I'M YOUR CRIME

serval member of Volary Flights enjolras h. x alicante z. tags penned by dreavyn

• ROAD WORK AHEAD? UH, YEAH I SURE HOPE IT DOES! ——— TAGS

"Cloudy!!" shouted the young female, obviously very happy. Dovepaw bounded up, and grinned at her brother. He was back! "What 'cha doin'?" she asked, very excited to see her brother again. Noticing Lily and Noir, she could tell that Lily was not in a good mood (Dovepaw really thought she never was, as when the first time they met, Lily snapped at her), and Noir was being Noir.

"speech"

IF YOU DON'T WANNA SEE ME DANCIN' WITH SOMEBODY

DON'T SHOW UP, DON'T COME OUT

KIRA X BRAMBLEMASK — 7 MONTHS — VOLARY FLIGHTS — PENNED BY JUNEY