holy water cannot help you now — joiner ​

• Pitter patter comes rainfall. Fat raindrops plop heavy onto leaves and hesitate for a moment before rolling clean off to collide with neighbouring greenery. Thin sheets of water pelt down with little care for what they crash into, creating something akin to the sweet melodies that swell within an orchestra. Such a sound, it is music to the ears of one who is tasting freedom at long last. And here comes one such individual, sin and all!

Seventhdevil comes to a slow halt, his movements languid, perhaps even lazy, as though he were not caught up in the beginnings of a storm. Storm that seemed set on being quite tremendous, damp air alive with crackling electricity and suffocating humidity that only jungle terrain could generate. If someone tried to tell him that it was the start of winter, he would have fervently disagreed. Not like any of that mattered anymore, he was just happy to be alone for once in his life. Solitude can be a terrible thing, however. Thoughts come to his mind in the midst of mingled silence and background noise.

Deadly killer, vicious machine.

He winces at the mere thought. Lips curl skywards in momentary disgust though the man catches himself quickly in the act, mind waving white flag in placating manner to cool iced blood which had started to boil. Deep breath is sucked in through teeth pressed tightly together. There is no need to throw a tantrum over events that have come to pass, over things that he can no longer change. Sev- Tatsuya knows that well. He has been talking himself down from anger ever since he had started to make the journey to western jungle and now that he has arrived, he knows better than to make a fool of himself. 'Not here, not now.' Quick reminder is issued, large canine shaking his head lightly before tilting it up into the warm rain seeking refreshment.

"Yo." Plain greeting falls from ajar lips giving him an air of nonchalance bordering apathy though the warm smile that replaces any previous self-directed hostility brushes any apparent lack of interest away. To say that he was not excited to be here in some strange new land would make him a complete liar. Still, underneath displayed amicability, the trained eye may be able to spot tell tale signs of anxiety and stress that lay dormant within the rigid kai ken. Coiled springs of tension locked within his muscles, slight prickling of fur along his spine, nervous way in which his eyes can not seem to rest on one single spot for too long. Stark contrast to chill demeanour, how odd. Seventh himself fails to notice his own small ticks, evergreen smile lingering even as he sits himself down there in the rain, prepare to wait it out for someone to find their way to him.

//just as a little note! i haven't rped for quite a while now so excuse my rustiness since i'm just trying to get back into the swing of things

day after day i pray in vain, tomorrow you might save me

• Silkthread had woken up that morning having smelt the rain in the hair although he really did hope it wasn't too big of a storm or even yet a thunderstorm, thunder terrified him, so he hoped that the rain would go as soon as it comes.

The fox scurried across the forest's floor trying to avoid the rain as much as he could knowing that if he stayed out for long he would get sick but then a large canine caught his eyes. The tall fox halted in his tracks swiftly hiding behind a tree hoping the other hadn't seen him. Silk sniffed the air wondering if maybe the creature was from an allied clan or even worst...someone from the Ruins here to cause trouble, though the scent was indistinguishable due to the light rain falling.

He had hesitated for a split second before stepping out from behind the tree a small smile appearing from his face. "Hi! I'm Silkthread, how can I help you?" he cheerfully said as he made his way over plopping himself in front of the stranger.

"speech. "

\ THROUGH YOU, ALL THE DAYS WERE BEAUTIFUL \ TAGS

i’m dizzy, wrong feels right, right feels wrong,

——— ⋆ my head is tangled up i’m in trouble

• DEATH WOULD BE A RELEASE

Deathstroke arrived just after Silkthread, and the orange and black wolf eyed the stranger with curiosity. It had been a while since their last newcomer, and with the recent turmoil with the Sanguine Ruins, the assassin was admittedly... wary. The rain certainly didn't help his sense of smell, nor did it make his appearance overly flattering either for that matter. He hoped to get this dealt with swiftly so they could return to their dry, warm dens.

FROM THIS LIFE

tumblr_p8h8j3baXM1uqszudo5_500.gif
    D E A T H S T R O K E
    Slade - Joseph Wilson - The Terminator - Masamune
    Male - One Eyed Assassin - Black & Orange furred Grey Wolf - Killer of Legends & Gods - Thunderlands

• He does in fact notice the Thunderlander before he fully emerges, curiosity capturing him as keen eyes pick up on the movement. In spite of this, he makes no move to acknowledge the fact that he has in fact spotted the stranger, instead opting to wait in patient quiet which is only broken up by the steady rainfall. Having always been the one to go out and tackle issues head on he could not relate to any apparent hesitance. But, that did not mean that he could not display simple respect for the feelings of others. Hence, he remains idle. Hauntingly still, almost like he is awaiting instruction to react. Once the fox emerges and makes themselves known though, Sev's tune changes entirely. Tranquility shattered, the man perks up in a way that makes him seem like an excited puppy more than a grown dog.

"Hello, good morning!" Seven greets directly, unable to stop his tail from thumping lightly against the ground behind him as he peered down at the vulpine stranger. Unperturbed by the weather, sunshine smile lingers against his lips and he eagerly drinks in the introductory words spoken to him as dying man in the desert does upon finding a refreshing oasis. This was the first time in a while that he was going to talk to someone else and he was not about to waste such a moment. However, before he can start speaking again, someone else turns up alongside Silkthread and it is only then that he notices something.

Cautious eyes settle upon him and he feels much more like some sort of magnificent statue erected after the fashion of dastardly tyrant than mere visitor. Perhaps they had fallen on hard times here, had some kind of an enemy causing problems for them. Suspecting him of treachery was a wise move even though he would never willingly harm any of those around him. Placid as he typically was, he knew that his outwards appearance and demeanour often allowed others' imaginations to run wild. Large, dark furred canine with molten gaze. He hardly looked like a saint in the flesh. Surely anyone would be unnerved to potentially have such assumptions made about them but Seventhdevil merely takes it in his stride, cordial expression brightening as though he could charm his way out for their suspicions and into their hearts.

"Nice to meet you both. Seventhdevil, at your service." Words spill, skewed horridly by his accent, from dark man's tongue. Taking a moment, he stands so that he can dip his body in low bow, stopping when his nose brushes against his paw. Sev makes sure to maintain the gesture for a few seconds before once again straightening up to his full height. In spite of his words and actions, he goes about it all with a notable lack of formality, the canine languorous in every way. He does not remain quiet for long as he does this though, speaking up almost as soon as he is gazing at the duo before him again, volcanic gaze focused mostly on Silkthread since he had been the one to actually address him. "I was wondering whether it'd be okay if I joined this group that you've got going on here. I'm good at taking orders and even better at completing them so I'll definitely be of use around here."

"Welcome, Seventhdevil. I am Deathstroke, a Thunderguard of the Thunderlands. I see no harm in you joining, and if I'm honest it is most welcomed."

Deathstroke spoke with a nod and a friendly enough smile. Yes, he remained wary and suspicious, but he tried to keep it to himself. He knew he should not let his paranoia about the Sanguine Ruins get the better of him, much like how he should not get too relaxed either. He had to protect his home, his mate, his children, and his friends.

"Have you ever lived in a jungle before? Or even in a clan for that matter?"

FROM THIS LIFE

D E A T H S T R O K E
    Male - One Eyed Assassin - Black & Orange furred Grey Wolf - Killer of Legends & Gods - Thunderlands

• Words of welcome bring warmth to his cheeks, hot flush of pride that he has in fact made it this far and is getting what he desires ripples through him. It is a wonder that steam does not billow from him where the rain touches his skin. Sev does little to disguise his delight, tail wagging even harder as the radiance of his smile intensifies for a few moments. As he had done previously, however, the male still retains a sense of respect in the way that he keeps quiet as second stranger utters his own introduction. His joining was most welcomed? If Seventh's ego was large then surely it was near bursting at that moment. He does not comment on it directly though, instead diverting his attention onto the other details provided.

"Thunderguard? Fancy title you've got there." the kai ken remarks, no mockery in his tone but instead genuine admiration. So this was someone relatively important? With a rank like that, he did not doubt that he must be significant in some way. If that is true, however, then Seventhdevil can not help but question the apparent cautious distrust. Perhaps authority around here were just a bit paranoid. He could hardly blame them though, not when he knew next to nothing about their situation. For a moment, he considers vocalising his thoughts but decides against it once questions are asked of him, pushing any curiosities away from the forefront of his mind for the time being.

"Ah... is it obvious that I'm rather... new to this?" Sheepish smile burns wildfire across his features at that. Maybe he looked more like a starry-eyed tourist than he had intended. Soft chuckle swells within his chest and he can not help but feel caught off-guard by the queries. He is known for thinking quick on his feet though and in no time at all, smooth talking Seventh is chattering away once more. "No, I've never done either. Spent pretty much all of my life tucked away in a nice little woodland so this-" he gestures loosely with a paw to the jungle looming ominously behind the pair, "-is all new to me."

"I hope you'll all bear with me as I get used to things," he goes on to say, "I like to think that I can adapt quickly but, who knows?"

• Silkthread relaxed a little as he felt Deathstroke approached them. The change in tone also helped him relax more he flickered his between Seventhdevil and Deathstroke as they conversed for a bit, "You'll get used to it, it's...kinda like a huge family." he had replied a small smile spreading onto his face. "Oh! I haven't given my welcome. Welcome to the clan Seventhdevil, like I said you'll get used to all of this." he added flustered at the fact he hadn't even said much to the new comer, his voice going a few octaves higher for the first few sentences

"speech. "

\ THROUGH YOU, ALL THE DAYS WERE BEAUTIFUL \ TAGS

i’m dizzy, wrong feels right, right feels wrong,

——— ⋆ my head is tangled up i’m in trouble

• Explanation from Silkthread causes his mind to stall ever so slightly, volcanic gaze latching once more onto the fox as he processed what had been said. Like a huge family. Something about the idea of that struck a chord within him, heart clenching painfully within his chest. Although much time had come to pass since then, he certainly did miss his own family. Having the opportunity to establish such a positive relationship with others sounds like nothing but a distant dream and yet, the promise of affinity with the jungle's residence instilled so much hope within him that he could not help his growing enthusiasm.

"Thanks for the warm welcome, a huge family sounds like fun." Cheery grin peels his lips back as he talks, glistening fangs catching the greyed daylight. In the midst of his excitement, he can not help but wonder what the rest of the group is like. If they were all as accommodating as these two then Sev knew for sure that he would not have any trouble with settling in. There was also the matter of what the jungle was like and whether he would feel comfortable in their camp. So many things to consider, so many unknowns to discover. He wanted to experience it all! But before all of that, there was a more pressing matter at hand.

"Maybe we should head somewhere more sheltered. I'm interested in what this place is like and how you guys live but it doesn't seem like this rain is going to let up any time soon," he says as the euphoria of it as begins to wear off, looking upwards for a few moments to gaze at the darkened sky, "I'd feel horrible if either of you manage to catch a cold because of me."

"You'll fit in fine for sure."

Deathstroke added with a nod, his posture now beginning to fully relax. The arrival seemed genuine to him at least and he was happy to welcome him in to their home and ranks. The wolf couldn't help but smile when Silkthread compared the clan to being a big family. It was more like a big dysfunctional family, but he supposed it was a family never-the-less.

"Yeah, I agree, it's time to head somewhere less wet. We'll head to the main camp and take refuge in one of the huts, maybe get some food in our bellies too."

The wolf turned himself around and began to lead the way off through the jungle terrain, taking the safest routes to avoid potential flood sites. He didn't trust the loose soil during rainstorms, he had heard of others falling foul of falling trees and flash floods. At least today seemed peaceful enough without any troubles.

FROM THIS LIFE

D E A T H S T R O K E