Festival of the Hearth - volunteer sign ups!

• If you wish to volunteer to host an event for the Festival of the Hearth, please state your interest if you'd be up for hosting one of these events! A lot of these are new traditions we're going to be implementing for this festival, so if you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to ask here, or pm me or myst!

lighting the bonfire, hosted by Spiritline

The bonfire is lit at the beginning of the month, and is kept going all throughout the month, while being watched over by firewatchers to ensure that it doesn't die out. When it's first lit, snacks such as marshmallows are roasted to be shared amongst friends, along with other activities.

candle making, hosted by Vale

Participants are set up with a bucket of melted wax, dyes, herbs, scented oils, and a few wicks to make candles for loved ones, made with scents and colors that they feel that they would associate with the people that they plan on gifting them to. Later on, after all the candles have dried, they're given out to the people that they were made for in a separate thread to show appreciation for them.

aurora borealis, hosted by Gabriel

The aurora borealis is a new phenomenon that occurs over Hyperia's skies, similar to the aurora borealis that occurs in the Arctic Circle in real life. Due to the mana in the air fluctuating, those in Hyperia are able to observe the lights only during the month of December. If you've got any questions, feel free to pm either me or myst.

feast, hosted by Athanasius

At the end of the month, a feast is held with Hyperia and it's allies to celebrate a year of memories made, and another year of memories to come. With this, after the feast is over, the bonfire is finally allowed to die out.

Code
    1. i want to sign up!
    2. name:
    3. event:

I tried my best to laugh at it

but all I did was cry

tags. | played by Mirror's Edge

The post was edited 1 time, last by ~VALE~ ().

• i want to sign up!

name: spiritline

event: bonfire

also, perhaps making wreaths? you could make a competition out of it or smth
    maybe a big tree decorating hmmm

heart don't fail me now

COURAGE DON'T DESERT ME

SPIRITLINE BANDAUHER | HYPERIA | SEEKER | TAGS

• i want to sign up!

name: [athanasius] against the world

event: feast

𝙗𝙚𝙡𝙞𝙚𝙫𝙚 𝙢𝙚 𝙙𝙖𝙧𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜, 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙧𝙨 𝙬𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙢𝙖𝙙𝙚 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙛𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙞𝙣𝙜 ・゚✧

𝘢𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘢𝘴𝘪𝘶𝘴 / 𝘩𝘺𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘢 𝘪𝘴𝘭𝘦𝘴 𝘤𝘳𝘶𝘴𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳 & 𝘤𝘭𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘤 / 𝘱𝘦𝘯𝘯𝘦𝘥 𝘣𝘺 𝘺𝘢𝘬𝘢𝘯

• Added up! Please link the threads here for me to add to the thread hub whenever you've got them up!

~ ~ can I sign up for something [occ]

There actually should be more events coming soon, so if you'd like, I can give you a quick ping when some more are up so that way you know?

I tried my best to laugh at it

but all I did was cry

tags. | played by Mirror's Edge