A feather floating up - Visiting, possible joining?

• The floating realm above him sat so precariously in the scopes of honey wells. Their masses untethered to the earth, and connected to themselves through bridges that appeared as fish wire strands from where he stood. What a strange world. And yet everything in this world, Agrelos, had always been strange. Even he was becoming less insecure with his existence as time mulled on. Though still he felt quite shy of his anomalies, or were they anomalies?

He hummed as he lowered his lids slowly, deeply inhaled, then exhaling the ruminations of his mentality. His self was not all that troubled him, but he certainly was not here to vent to strangers he wished to greet. And they would only be stranger for a little bit before becoming... friends? Neighbors? Something similar he hoped. The fox fowl studied the wooden vessel before him, as tall as his knees. It would steadily vault him up to those realms so high above the earth he knew.

But there was a beauty, the night and the canopy of stars and constellations behind it. Streaks of painted light also seemed to define it's back drop. Caught in their allure his feet lifted and fell quietly in the boat. He realized after a good few minutes he was being elevated, the stars moving and no longer fixed, and the shadowy mass closing in distance.

There was a dock, though that did not so surprise him. And he did not linger in the sailing elevator, leaping competently onto the flat. It was as mysterious and forbodingly charming as he had imagined it from the ground. He allowed himself a moment to shiver at the acknowledgment he was perhaps thousands of miles in the sky. He wasn't necessarily scared of heights but to say it wasn't even slightly daunting would be a blatant lie.

The white kitsune carried himself confidently on through the dark sea and small lights, the mass of snow feathers trailing behind like a regal cape. His gaze was set straight ahead, but he made sure to keep aware of things that could be caught in his peripherals and by the basins of his large ears. Part of him could not help but entertain the paranoia of his sister's presence in the basement of his brain. But it was muted to make noise for a more persisted goal.

His home is beautiful, tranquil, and had been a place of refuge for him since escaping his violent kin. But it felt awry. Though he too felt and accepted his share of blame. This was not him abandoning his home, but exploring another clan for the time being. Until he could figure out how to better himself and the Dark Dynasty. He had no accessories with him and he had what he believed little knowledge of the Hyperian Isles. His maw parted, and the warmth and fluidity of his voice matched the hue of his eyes, "Hyperian Isles, I am Botan of the Dark Dynasty. Would you allow me to venture into your realm?"

He hummed after speaking, captivated again by the ongoing scenery and spying the distant diversities between the islands. Wind weaved as fingers of breezes combing through his fur and sliding across the fibers of his feathers.

• the beauty and magic of the islands was one of the main reasons that spirit had finally settled down in a clan. after going from group to group, feeling displaced in each, he'd finally found himself drawn to the small island-dwelling group. it had managed to become his home in a matter of days when no other place had felt right. perhaps it just had that affect on others. it pulled and called to those who were feeling lost on the path of life, offering asylum from all manner of things.

there had been quite a few joiners in the past few weeks, every one of them with their own reasons, so spirit wasn't really surprised to see one of the boats docking. with mild curiosity, he trotted over to the scene, setting down his basket of herbs as he heard the kitsune introduce himself. the dynasty. that was a group he hadn't yet visited, and he made a mental note to pay them a visit some time in the future. liquid gold eyes studied botan for a brief moment before a genial smile settled on his maw. "pleasure to meet ya, botan," he greets with a quick dip of his head. "the name's spiritline, a seeker here." he stepped back slightly a made a vague gesture with his paw, indicating that botan was welcome to enter their territory. "what brings you to these islands, mm?"

"speech."

我会为这场悲剧负责 ——

heart don't fail me now

COURAGE DON'T DESERT ME

SPIRITLINE BANDAUHER | HYPERIA | SEEKER | TAGS

• Another vulpine, and handsome in his own right. His eyes could not help but wander to the bushy tail he possessed, comparing his own which was a fan of colorless peacock feathers. He was never a jealous spirit, but sometimes he longed for what he thought to be a normal tail. And again these were another bushel of weeds wacked away to make room for fruits baring good will.

"Likewise Spiritline," Botan responded with his voice keeping the same texture of cool mirth, moving forward at the velvet fox's gesture. Botan moved without the anxiety that would normally creep up on him, sustaining his leveled grace. A cloud touching the ground and exuding a downplayed elegance. The fox peacock hybrid continued," I seem to have been wondering about your islands, so much so I have come to visit them. I can't explain it as rationally as I would like, but I have been drawn to.. explore them, if you will?"

Botan dis not just mean the land and territory that the Isles boasted. But also it's people and cultures, they would not be like the Dark Dynasty. So he did wonder about their differences as well, what made them them. And with these in mind he also inquired to the male next to him, carrying his basket of herbs," If I you do not mind telling me, what is a Seeker?" Botan speculated it was some kind of a healer or spiritual position. It was the herbs that made him think that, but for all he knew he was but gathering them for such positions. And he did not like to assume things about people or information he didn't truly have.

• he nods in undersatnding, a pensive look taking over his countenance. it seems he was right in thinking that there is more than just magical life on the island. he cocks his head just slightly as he falls deeper into thought, only to be pulled back out again by botan's following question. "er," he started, raising a paw to bat at his ears. it wasn't much of a position, more of a stepping stone, and he wasn't entirely sure how to explain it. but, he had to try. "it's...one of the lower ranks." the lowest, actually, aside from being a regular member. "i just patrol and greet newcomers, make sure everyone feels welcome here." a small, yet embarrassed, smile tugs at his maw. of course, he could also hold training sessions, but he wasn't yet confident in his ability to teach anyone much of anything. setting his paw back on the ground, he follows botan's gaze to the basket he'd previously set down. ah, i see now. "the herbs are for the clerics. the healers. i'm a cleric apprentice, currently. it's good practice for me to remember what is what."

"speech."

我会为这场悲剧负责 ——

heart don't fail me now

COURAGE DON'T DESERT ME

The post was edited 1 time, last by spiritline ().

• Botan's head dipped just slightly, a tiny nod from the creature. So the herbs were for such purposes. Yet Spiritline did not seem far off from being a healer himself despite classifying it as a lower rank. Personally, lower and high ranks were a dim way to express roles. All roles were needed. But he also understood why they were labeled that way.

Botan already had felt more at ease when Spiritline had greeted him, but the similarities in... pursued profession, if you will, helped. A sense of common ground to converse about. And the herbs themselves, were not ones he was familiar with.

"Well Spiritline, I think you're doing a fine job welcoming me, those herbs you carry, they smell divine and I'm unfamiliar to them, what are they?"

• botan's praise was well received, and the vulpine let out a small giggle. he barely knew the dynastian, but he already enjoyed his company. in some ways, he already knew he was doing a good job, but at times, it was nice to hear it from someone else. "ahah, xièxiè!" his tail waved happily, not unlike a dog's, as he took in botan's following question.

a small prickle of anxiety shot through his veins as he look down at the basket. he was pretty sure he knew what they were, but the more he thought about it, the less certain he became. but wouldn't it look bad if he told the hybrid fox that he didn't know, after having just told him that he was studying to become a healer? he should at least know a little something. so, spirit took a soft breath and mentally assured himself that he knew what he was doing before pointing a paw to some of the herbs. "alder, for toothaches. and then yin yang huo, i think it's goatweed here, for joint pain and mental and physical fatigue." it was a plant he recognized from his past life, something that had grown in abundance that seemed scarcer now. he gestures to one last bundle as he continues on. "and tormentil, for treating wounds and counteracting weaker poisons, if i'm not mistaken."

"speech."

我会为这场悲剧负责 ——

heart don't fail me now

COURAGE DON'T DESERT ME

The post was edited 2 times, last by spiritline ().

• Botan's frame seemed to straighten, slightly startled, but relaxed just as quickly. Spiritline has said xie xie, something the white male didn't necessarily know the meaning of. But he did. Thank you. His synapses thummed like guitar strings being plucked, softly, trying to understand how he understood the grateful words. No matter. "Your Welcome." The kitsune hybrid could find another period in his lifetime to space out and rationalize this discovery.

The vulpine's head nodded in the tiniest movements as his ears soaked up the voice of the velvet fox, listing and describing herbs. Some of them, he would think he would know himself. Like Alder, surely he should know about that. Did he forget some of his own knowledge. He knew he was still learning, but he felt so much more in the dark on the path he was pursuing now. His lines dipped, corners allowed to fall with the pull of gravity. Yellow, amber eyes glossing. Was he failing his home?

He coughed, not in sickness, but to catch himself and level out his mental state again. It still was too early go on a date with his negative thoughts. His smile was encouraged to ris again and his countenance warmed once more, and his voice milling mellow notes, "yin yang huo, that sounds lovely. You say here, where are you from originally?"

• either the dynastian wasn't entirely sure of the herbs either, or he'd gotten them all right. regardless, spirit felt pride swell up within as the white vulpine took in all that he had said. the next question that he gets gives him pause. where was he from?

with such hazy memories, it was something he didn't spend much time dwelling on. he spoke chinese, he knew others that did, so the logical answer would be 'china.' but something about that statement didn't seem right. his past life had been full of magical creatures, sprawling lands, and gorgeous temples. not that he had asked others what their time in china was like, but it just didn't seem like the appropriate answer. his home, the place he was raised in, flashed briefly in his mind.

water on all sides, lotuses blooming all year, docks and bridges and colour. but it was over in an instant. it was all he could ever picture. never a name, never anything more. sometimes, he could imagine himself and his brother sitting on the piers, talking and bickering as they had grown used to doing. a sad sort of look takes over his features as he tries to remember anything more, anything that would allow him to remember more beyond the brief flashes of colour. "i'm not sure," spirit finally responds, his voice wistful and his gaze distant. "i can't seem to remember..."

"speech."

我会为这场悲剧负责 ——

heart don't fail me now

COURAGE DON'T DESERT ME

The post was edited 1 time, last by spiritline ().

• Botan had waited for a reply. The response that meandered through the air on a dreamy breath did not take long to flourish, but the gaze of Spiritlines was as distant as the horizon beyond the sea. The snowy creature had two feathery brows knit in wonder, concern. This fellow's mind, blank of his origin? Botan murmured, how it would be nice to be able to forget. Have his less than ideal past be washed away. An entirely new slate to carve in better memories.

But that was wishful thinking. And he felt quite selfish entertaining those thoughts, even though he knew they would probably visit and play again. The tall triangular ears of the fox fowl twitched in spark of a minuscule epiphany. He should change the subject to one more fitting, and hopefully one that did not cast such longing looks on his new friend. Was longing a bad thing? He had always tried to stifle his own yearnings, they had never really done him any good except creating more sadness.

"Well, memories can be... complex, and some are even hard to reach for good reason," it was true, some memories in creatures were penciled out due to trauma, "the Hyperian Isles is your home now. You seem to like it, is there anything you like the most? What is it like here?"

• perhaps if spirit had remembered more, he would've banished the thoughts of his old home as much as he could. after all, who wouldn't be upset to constantly remember the death and loss of one's entire family as well as missing your soulmate? the amnesia, unbeknownst to him, really was a blessing. moros' death was hard enough, remember everything he'd left behind would've taken the fox out entirely.

still, the change of subject doesn't upset him. he knows he won't remember anything, and he knows he hadn't been dragged from any sort of new memory. botan's words ring true in this situation, and spirit seems to lock away the phrase deep within his heart. the wistful look that had taken over his features is quickly expelled at the new question, replaced by an easy smile. hyperia. his new home, and one he knew much better than the place he'd left behind.

"i think i like...the magic the most," the fox starts, a paw coming to tap at his nose as a habitual gesture of thought. that had been what had drawn him to the islands in the first place. magical boats and islands thrumming with life. it appeased something in his soul, and he'd finally managed to stay longer than a few weeks. with that obstacle overcome, spirit had even managed to start making friends with his clan mates, and every day the clan became more and more his home. "everything here is just so peaceful, and everyone is really very nice. except michael, but he's a grumpy old man." despite the harsher words, there's no real malice in his tone. rather, there was something else there, something a lot closer to affection (though spirit would never admit to it). "i'm sure you'll love spending time here!"

"speech."

我会为这场悲剧负责 ——

heart don't fail me now

COURAGE DON'T DESERT ME

• The alabaster fox hybrid felt a blush come on, a warmth that had him feeling good about himself. He had seemed to steer the neighboring male away from a troubling thoughts to a present mirth. And his dark lined grin is as pure as snow floating down from the sky. As Spiritline carried onto his answer, one of his answers to Botan's handful of inquiries, the vulpine listened attentive but also feeling like something was pulling at him. It was ignored in respect to his potential clan-mate.

Botan hummed, as if in thought, speculating but not scrutinizing the idea of magic, "Hmm... magic." Botan had not known how he felt magic. He had never found or made time to rationalize it or examine the idea. An idea, so abstract and with very vague definition. It was in this moment he realized he had always associated that word with a feeling, one he couldn't describe. It was when he was amidst something he could not explain, something astoundingly beautiful, something awful, terrible, something that felt like home. It was so vague and loose, in specific ways he had mentally described it to an aspect of everything, it's use dependent on the feeling he got when among ...something? Something inexplicable. Was that what magic was, inexplicable? The floating boats, those were inexplicable, other then simply settling for "magic" as their reason for being.

These thoughts, the idea, it was bot alluring and terrifying. Botan would have wondered the morality of "magic," but for Spiritline; it was seeming to be a pretty good thing. So it couldn't be all that bad. Michael?," the white fox-fowl laughed, finding a soft humor in the velvet fox's description of the old man, "I'll be sure to watch for him, and say hello all the same." His feathers, tail, flicked up mid-way, their fibers surfing in the breeze blowing. It was a gesture uncommon, but that is because it was one that demonstrated comfort and a gallon of contentedness. He was calm, yet happy, a slight of elation, oh this was strange. It was not an feeling felt often, his few times before with the same experience were after he joined the Dynasty and small masses of people here and there mingled and he felt like he was a part of society. Nervous and shy yes, but, still.

And here, now, he was more confident, more happier, and the air, or maybe? the magic? had him feeling high, like he could literally start floating any minute. "So how does one go about joining Hyperia?" He did not know he had changed the name, Hyperia instead of the Hyperia Isles, consciously perhaps he was just preferring it.