WOKE WITH A THOUGHT | studying medicine

• WAIT FOR IT - TAGS ★

Calina had never been interested in anything medical. She had attended a few herb trainings, one that petered out after a while and left her with only the vaguest idea of what to do when somebody was injured. She knew poppy seeds, cobweb, and marigold were all good for minor injuries. But what did one do when there was a broken bone? Somebody not breathing? What if somebody fainted, or if they had an injured eye? You couldn't slap cobwebs on any of those ailments. Valerian's recent return, with him wounded in ways that Calina could not begin to comprehend the solutions for, had sparked a begrudging interest in medical treatment in Calina. She had always thought being a doctor would be either boring or depressing and in no way did she want to take the position of Spiritcaller, but she did want to know how to help her clanmates.

Lucky for her, she had recently wandered down into the catacombs and found numerous volumes on botanical remedies and whatnot. She was sure there was also medical information in them besides merely plants, and so she had dragged a bagful of them up to her little, haphazard stone shack and dropped them on the ground. The Duskguard began dragging them out and lining the books up, her eyes focusing briefly on each title. She was so grateful that she was nearsighted rather than farsighted, otherwise she would be incapable of reading and the books would be useless.

i am not standing still

i am lying in wait

The post was edited 1 time, last by Calina A.R.K. ().

• He wasn't sure how he felt about being here yet, definitely an upgrade from the rogues he'd lived with. Beings here came and went as they pleased and some actually seemed happy, at the very least Mira was going to stay till he was recovered. Not too long he hoped, undernourishment had left him weak and tired. After getting a few good meals recently he'd started to venture into the community. Just in time to see the massive creature hauling books around, he was curious, what were they looking for? Ymir opted to follow her until she arrived at a stone building, to his surprise, she was hauling books of medicines and plants and such. Was this creature their healer?

The clearly malnourished snowy feline padded over cautiously, could they speak?

"Are you the veil's healer?" rang the tom's voice with a soft but curious tone.

WON'T YOU GO TO SOMEONE ELSE'S DREAMS?

tags plot domestic feline shadow veil penned by @/azheko

• WAIT FOR IT - TAGS ★

Calina had begun flipping through the pages of one book boasting about herbal remedies, but she was distracted from it quickly when a soft voice asked her a question. She raised her head, squinting for a minute at the pale tom. He looked unfamiliar, but he didn't reek of another clan. She had to assume that he had joined recently. Her gaze flicked over his jutting bones. Clearly, he didn't eat enough. It reminded Calina of one of her brothers. He had been too skinny, too. She hoped that whoever the cat was, he had gotten a few meals since his entrance into Shadow Veil. But that was a rough topic to pick up immediately after seeing someone for the first time, so she focused on his question instead, letting out a light, amusement-soaked laugh.

"Oh, hell no. I'm no healer. I'm a nightwatcher, so I just help out 'n' fight for Shadow Veil 'n' stuff. We've got two spiritcallers right now, 'n' an apprentice one." She explained quickly. "But I don't know anything 'bout medical stuff, so I wanna make sure, if I'm the first on a nasty scene, I can at least help with injuries." Calina was mainly motivated to do this because of Valerian, but it had been a long time coming. If she wanted to get anywhere, she needed to help with all aspects of the clan, right? "You're welcome to take any of th' books. The more knowledge out in the clan, the better, right?" She pawed at the pages of the book again, trying to find the introduction.

i am not standing still

i am lying in wait

• A nightwatcher, some kind of recognized fighting and helping force, noted. Spiritcallers, is that what they called their healers, everyone had different names for what they did and it was interesting and bothersome at the same time to learn all the names. The creature before him looked to be one interested in learning and had amassed a stack of books, some that would no doubt be entirely useless to them. He studied the titles quickly trying to find what would be best for them to learn. Knowledge of medicines was useful as long as those studying actually had the mind to use it for its intended purposes.

"If you intend to heal those as a first responder then I'd suggest this first, and maybe this one too. Most of those books there are for advanced medicines, which are useful but not as much so if you are only interested in quick fixes on the battle field." he'd offer as he pushed an introductory first aid book towards her and an intro to medicines.

Ymir would eye up a book on advanced medicines, curious if there was anything the book could teach that he didn't know himself. The snowy feline couldn't be bothered to read it in his current state and would only note that it was available.

WON'T YOU GO TO SOMEONE ELSE'S DREAMS?

tags plot domestic feline shadow veil penned by @/azheko

• The young female made her way forth, observing the scene as it were. She flicked her tail, tilting her head slightly. It would seem that this member was somewhat interested in learning her trade. Well, she couldn't blame them. There weren't many healers around now'a'days and the more with this knowledge, the better. She took a seat, looking over these books from her distance.

Ymir was smart on this one. He recognized the book she needed. "You could always ask for help, as well." Bellona offered with a slight grin.

☾*: I FOUND PEACE IN YOUR VIOLENCE ————

LOVING NEVER GAVE ME A HOME, SO I'LL SIT HERE IN SILENCE

SANGUINE RUINS / WARLORD / CHEETAH / XX / PENNED BY GUMI