losing lands | P, Enjolras

• To say the mare was feeling homesick seemed to be an understatement, what was worse is that she felt like a foreigner in a strange land, if it wasn't the sheer fact she was a horse in a place where predators dominated it was her accent. What was worse than the unusual attention was the fact she couldn't even return home, her home was in the old world, long before the Agrelos merge; and what she wouldn't give to run through the green rolling hills, the lush forests and tall mountains of home. One mare in her old herd had taught her a word in Welsh once, Hireath, which cannot be fully translated but which roughly means a longing for a home you cannot return too and it felt too apt to her situation.

The one thing that quelled her sadness was simply ignoring it, seemed simple but it was the only thing that seemed to work, good ol' distraction. Maybe if she kept herself focused here she would be able to properly make another home here. It would never be the heather covered moors of Fermanagh, or the small mountains and green hills of Donegal, but it was good enough. One thing she could never give up though, save the tartan tied around her ankle, was the berries and fruit she missed, and of course her native tongue.

It was in the process of carrying one basket of Killarney strawberries and one of bird cherries, tied so each landed of opposite sides of her hips as she returned to camp, that she found herself startled by a squirrel that landed on her back, one with particularly sharp claws. The friesian let out a screaming whinny before she started to buck wildly, spraying the spiky fruit and small berries everywhere until the rodent dropped from her. She stomped the ground letting out a few choice words in her mother tongue. "Níor chóir bastaird dúr léim diabhal ar dhaoine eile, leathcheann.*" An embarrassing display in a land full of elementals and elite fighters, she had been used to running instead of fighting when threatened and it showed. "Freaky wee fecker." The antlered mare would grumble under her breath as she focused on picking back up her collected berries, or at least the ones that hadn't been trampled under her hooves at least, as she thanked the stars she wasn't in the middle of the camp for everyone to see.

//*Stupid bastard shouldn't damn jump on others, moron

Ahhh I'm so bad a starters sorry! Back from Scotland tomorrow so should be able to post better then!! (Also my Irish is shabby, I'm still learning and I'm not fluent so if there are any mistakes pls forgive me)

"Speech."

she rules her life like a fine skylark —— tags.

*:・゚✦ MY MIND WON'T REST AND I DON'T SLEEP

NOT EVEN IN MY DREAMS *:・゚✦

— órfhlaith faelan | shadow veil | duskguard | horse | penned by KnivesInSpace —

• ★ ★ ★ enjolras knew what it felt like to long for home . well , he thought he knew . how else was he supposed to explain the brief flashes of people , places , colours , and scents that are so foreign to him yet so familiar ? he hadn't been around for the agrelos shift , but it was clear to him that his soul had been through the wringer already . it's this sense of longing that often leaves the emperor feeling displaced within his own home .

he'd felt better with alejandro around , the bengal tiger offering a sense of stability in his rather turbulent life . and then he'd disappeared , and enjoras was once again alone . add to that kira's sudden reappearance and his convoluted feelings for the former leader , and the male felt like a branch being tossed around in a river . it made him tense , jumpy , and he was taking more and more walks to get the feeling out of his bones .

it was on one of these walks that he happened across órfhlaith . he'd been around the mare a few times , but never really got to know her . social interactions had become his weakness , and he tended to keep to the outskirts of clan life , at least when it came to the veil . the flights was small , and he know most members like family by now , and he very well couldn't abandon his responsibility as the leader . he'd been rather curious about her , admittedly . she was the one other equine that he knew of , the first being the unicorn with a rather odd name .

now , he wasn't so sure . he watched from a good distance away as she bucked and kicked and spun and effectively sent the squirrel flying ( along with her berries ) . she'd be a dangerous opponent against someone like him who barely reached her knees . as she settled down and started to clean up the berries , enjolras deemed it safe enough to approach . though she had yelled something , it hadn't come through clear enough in his ears , and he'd written it off as the background noise of the nearby foliage . " er . . . est-ce que tu vas bien ? do you need any help ? " he asked , peering at her and then the scattered and smashed fruit .

// no worries ! and i'm not gonna notice so go ham haha . i'm barely fluent in french 3 years did nothing for me so i rely on everybody's favourite: google translate

𝑴𝒀 𝑫𝑬𝑨𝑹, 𝒀𝑶𝑼'𝑹𝑬 𝑵𝑶𝑻 𝑺𝑶 𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑶𝑪𝑬𝑵𝑻

enjolras harbringer . vf + sv - emperor + duskguard . biography

The post was edited 1 time, last by enjolras h. ().

• "Ah, ye saw that did ye?" Not quite the situation she'd like anyone to see her in, especially before they knew each other, it seemed now that as the first impression she had made on the stranger, great. She had a sheepish grin on her face when she heard him ask her a question, in french. Now her french was very limited, but she could tell it was a question, and she knew bien meant well or good... "Aye am grand?" She hoped she'd interpreted his question correctly. "Ye never realize how sharp squirell's claws are 'til they're on yer back."

The mare set her focus on her previous fruit, picking up her berries, or what was left of the before hearing his second question. Usually, Órfhlaith would refuse the help with a smile and a thanks, not wanting to put someone out, and she even had her mouth open to say as such, but one look around at her scattered 'loot' made her rethink that decision before she gave a hesitant nod. "Aye, if ye don't mind, a'd appreciate the help."

She turned her head to undo the simple baskets on either side of her to put them down, a small amount of either fruit in each. "A' usually keep 'em separated, bird cherries in one and uh, um, well, we callum sútha talún*, which literally means strawberries... I'll explain later. But don't worry about sorting them." Their proper name were 'strawberry tree strawberries', or Killarney strawberries but that was a mouthful. "Be careful though they're sharp." The spikes were small but pointy, and not very fun if you were expecting them to be soft, why they were called strawberries she would never know.

"Go raibh maith agat* by the way, I'm Órfhlaith by the way." She had just realised she had asked a stranger for a favor before introducing herself, and now she felt rude, making a good impression. "What about you?"

//*Sútha talún - Strawberries

*Go raibh maith agat - Thank you

I'm SOOO sorry this took so long, long story short suddenly the website decided to stop working in my country and I couldn't figure out what was happening until now, so now I have to use a VPN to get on here which is whack so again I am so sorry!!

"Speech."

she rules her life like a fine skylark —— tags.

*:・゚✦ MY MIND WON'T REST AND I DON'T SLEEP

NOT EVEN IN MY DREAMS *:・゚✦

— órfhlaith faelan | shadow veil | duskguard | horse | penned by KnivesInSpace —

• ★ ★ ★ he couldn't stop the small , playful , smirk that comes to his maw as the mare speaks . yes , he had seen it all , and looking back on the situation , it was rather entertaining to see . though , he figures he shouldn't mention such things to her . maybe he'll bring it up later , a sort of inside joke . " they are quite feisty and aggressive , " he agrees with a slow nod of his head , not unlike that of someone who's having a kind of academic discussion .

enjolras nods his head , moving to start the clean up process . he pauses as she begins to speak once more , eyes squinting just slightly and brows furrowing as he tries to read her lips with her accent . it's a challenge , and it reminds him of his own accent that he can no longer hear . she calls the berries . . . something he couldn't possibly understand on the first try , and proceeds to say more unknown words before introducing herself .

the sudden stop catches him off guard , and he spends a few quiet moments trying to wrap his head around her pronunciations and knowledge of this other language . finally , he sets the berry he'd picked up in a basket before returning his gaze to órfhlaith . " ah , my name is enjolras , " he starts , a paw coming up to absently bat at his ears . " what uh . . . what language do you speak ? " it's extremely difficult for me to read . the thought runs through his mind , and a wry graces his lips .

// aaa no worries ! yeah it's a big issue that doesn't seem like it's getting fixed so oof i'm sorry for all the mess you're going through hN

𝑴𝒀 𝑫𝑬𝑨𝑹, 𝒀𝑶𝑼'𝑹𝑬 𝑵𝑶𝑻 𝑺𝑶 𝑰𝑵𝑵𝑶𝑪𝑬𝑵𝑻

enjolras harbringer . vf + sv - emperor + duskguard . biography