Bloody stream (private)

Check out some guideline updates for Traditional!
  • Henpelt was not in a great state of mind, to say the least. Ever since the blow to both his leg and pride, and his acquiescing to outside assistance, the Havana Brown had been plagued with similar dreams over and over again whenever he slipped into the realm of unconsciousness.

Nevertheless, he continued on. It was the middle of the night, and Henpelt wad in the medicine den doing his best to resist rest’s siren song. It sung to him at all hours, and its instruments of choice were warmth and exhaustion. Still, he resisted. The few times the frail warrior had given in to temptation, he’d been punished dearly. He didn’t intend to make the same mistake again.

Unlike seemingly every other situation in his life, the schemer had no plan to overcome this obstacle. This was not some physical, palpable threat that he could stave off with claws or distance, and that fact scared him to his core.

OOC: Amberstream

• You got a perfect one, so put it on me...

Amberstream, Warrior of Riverclan

Femalestorage14 moonsSingle

Stunning and glossy bengal fur would flash at the edge of the toms vision as Aphrodite was limping towards the medicine cat den. Damn, stones. And damn the snow that covered their jagged heads and caused this stupid cut in her paw pad. Her turqouise blue eyes would glitter with soft annoyance until she finally stepped into the den and blinked in soft surprise. "Henpelt." The one cat she could call something close to a friend since joining this place. "You're still here, huh? It's almost like they're worried if they release you the other warriors won't look as good." She would flash him one of her genuine confident smiles as she limped forward and took a seat in front of him, "Can you believe I cut my paw on a teeny tiny rock? I swear I'm usually more graceful then this." A purr of amusement would rumble from her throat and she tilted her head, a more gentle light coming to her eyes, "How have you been feeling?" 

Speech

☾*: IF YOU LOVE ME RIGHT — WE'LL 'LOVE' FOR LIFE

RIVERCLAN || WARRIOR || 14 MOONS || PENNED BY @/!ZAEYA! || TAGS

• Hebpelt was deep in thought when Aphrodite entered. So deep, in fact, that the Havana Brown didn’t notice his peer’s presence until she uttered his name. The scoundrel’s piercing yellow eyes flitted up with no small amount of panic, afraid that he’d somehow fallen asleep. That was until who he registered was standing in front if him, at which point his expression settled.

“Ah, hello Aphrodite.” A small smile crossed his thin face when he heard her joke, even as troubled thoughts bubbled below. It’s a slight. She’s saying you’re weak. Let it pass, and it will be proof to her of your deficiency.”

The havana brown silenced these unwanted sentiments before responding. “Yeah, I'm still stuck here” he muttered in an annoyed tone. The smile Aphrodite beamed him filled the frail warrior with a feeling of warmth and comfort he’d never encountered before, and he wished it would last forever. Henpelt tried his best to return the gesture, but got the feeling that his smiles were more creepy than reassuring.

He noticed the pretty she-cat’s limp when she came to sit nearby, and his yellow eyes shimmered with worry. The warrior was about to ask what the problem was when she came right out and said it. He was surprised that someone would willingly talk about their failures, let alone joke about it. Mom would have a field day with her.” The Havana Brown then decided to try his paw at the reassurance Aphrodite seemed so skilled at. “At least its not that bad. And don’t worry about it, even the best make mistakes.”

The Havana Brown wiggled his leg in response to her question. “Its moving a lot easier now, but it still hurts like hell to put any pressure on it.” He sighed before continuing. “Besides that, i haven’t been sleeping too well.” That was a lie. ‘i’ve barely been sleeping at all’ would be a more apt statement, but he didn’t want to put any undue stress on the kind warrior. “Its these damn dreams, they just won’t go away.”

She would blink gratefully at his reassurances and a purr of laughter would flow from her throat like warm honey as he talked about his leg. She couldn't imagine how bored the poor guys must be. But her expression would melt from amusement to soft genuine concern as he spoke about not getting enough sleep and then the dreams that were causing his insomnia. Her ears would flick lightly as she listened to him and then she tilted her head, "Do you want to talk about these dreams?" Her tone was kind, but not in a way that came off as pitying, but instead like she genuinely wanted to help him.

Speech

• Amberstream’s purr of laughter was like music to Henpelt’s ears. The Havana Brown wanted a snapshot of her smile that he could look to whenever the world bore its ugly fangs, so that he could have some sense of comfort. Still, her grin faded when he mentioned his nightmares. I don’t want to worry her. Should I talk about them?”

The scoundrel had a hunch that the pretty she-cat would press the issue if he flat-out refused, so he acquiesced to her request. “There’s not much to tell, really” he began with a sigh, “its more or less the same thing every time. I’m a kit, and my parents kill me. Sometimes they drown me, sometimes they set me on fire, and other times they eat me while I'm still alive.”

The chocolate tomcat shivered. Wasn’t talking about things supposed to make you feel better? This just made him more scared!

Henpelt sighed before continuing. “When i was a kid...my mom and dad always drilled into me the concept that accepting help means you’re weak. And if you’re weak, you don’t deserve to live. I’m grateful for that lesson, I really am. It’s what’s allowed me to survive on my own for so long.”

He paused, trying to organize his thoughts. “But since my injury, I disobeyed the golden rule my parents spent moons enforcing through lessons and exercises. I’m breaking it right now by talking to you about my problems. So... I think my subconscious is telling me that I no longer deserve to exist.”

Henpelt curled his paws, desperately searching Amberstream’s face for a reaction. the last thing the tomcat wanted to do was make the kind she-cat worry about him. Hastily, the Havana Brown tried to downplay his problems. quickly throwing up a toothy smile, he spoke. “I’m sure they’ll subside soon, though! I just gotta power through and get used to this whole ‘help’ thing.”

The expression on the she-cats face would be impossible to read until he spoke about his concious. Suddenly the she-cat would snort and lash her tail slightly, "Well. First things first. Your subconcious is a dirty, flea infested liar. You absolutely deserve to exist! Who know how I would have coped in this place if it wasn't for you?" She would flash him another briliant and almost confident smile, "You're a special cat, Henpelt. And your past shaped you that way. But things change, take me for example." She would seem to hesitate for juts a heartbeat before meowing softly, "I was born a kitty-pet. Bred to be some kind of trophy for two-legs to coo at like some stupid toy." She would wrinkle her nose in disgust at the memories as she continued, "And when I got old enough, they tried to pair me up with this boring no good tom who only thought about himself!" Her tail lashed again as she looked to her friend once more, "What I'm saying is, our pasts are messed up. But our future look pretty good right now." She would lightly flick his nose with her tail tip as she seemed to purr with laughter and then tilt her head, "Hey, my paw is feeling better. Want me to grab you something to eat?"

Speech

• Henpelt listened thoughtfully to her spiel, interjecting every now and again. “You would've coped fine without me, and you know it” he joked. “I’m sure you would’ve lured some other helpless tom into your vile cult of compliments and uplifting remarks if I weren’t around.”

The Havana Brown couldn’t help but roll his eyes slightly at her telling him he was special. However, he didn’t wish to start and argument, so he kept his qualms internal. I’m not special, Neither are you. Neither are any of us. We’ll all die, and in a million moons we’ll be mere footnotes in the annals of history. And that’s okay.”

The injured tomcat’s eyes widened in no small amount of surprise once she revealed her past. “That’s...awful” he muttered. The tom’s life hadn’t been sunshine and rainbows, obviously, but at least he was free! Being bred only for a sole, singular purpose. The thought sent shivers down his spine. “I’m glad you were able to escape that life.” A toothy smile crossed his thin maw, before he unsheathed his claws. “You know, There’s quite a few kittypets who owe me favors. I could cash some if them in and teach that Tomcat a lesson, if you want.” His eyes glittered with half-serious mischief.

The scoundrel let out a snort at her cheesy closing statement. Looking away from her, he mumbled. “Your boundless positivity never ceases to disgust me.” Henpelt flashed Aphrodite a warm yellow gaze along with a smirk before hauling himself up with a grunt. “No, you got me food last time. I figure I need to return the favor. Besides, I should get some exercise after sitting on my ass for so long.” With that, he left the medicine den, returning moments later with a large, juicy fish. “Wanna share?”