I'M THE WITCH [ open + whitecough symptoms ] YOU'RE THE WORLD

Check out some guideline updates for Traditional!
  • numb. blind. deaf and closed from the world. it's as if she's drowning, sinking deep, dark, down. down into a bottomless pit until she doesn't know where up is, but it doesn't matter. here in the tightening, ever echoing fog, directions don't matter. her emotions can scream out into this void for no one to hear, not even herself, enraptured as she is by the numbness. it's almost comforting, the blankness of it all, muscles aching, wondering whether she is pulling up or pushing herself deeper. she sinks in her mind and out of it, water and ice, for her fire has vanished.

she doesn't feel cold anymore, doesn't wince at the stinging wind, and the singe of snow around her eyes. numb are her paws buried within the chilled frost, deaf are her ears to the howling breezes that snatch at her fur, and with eyes squeezed tight, she is newborn again, just her against the world. she is off in a land of nightmares, of fog and smoke, everything grey and dark. perhaps it is time she let the darkness overtake her, slide through her veins like ink from a pen. it feels right, almost natural in this hellish landscape. torture doesn't hurt anymore, scratches and bites are but a mystery to her, a timeless beast as herself. hell is dark, but so is she.

in a world of white, far above the down below, a great maple stretches towards the sky, creeping limbs ever heaven-bound, scraping a stormy expanse. at the roots, snow billows across the open space, sparkling and dense, though easily manipulated by the wind. a dark body curls tight in the frosty ground, half buried and shoved close to a stone that just barely peeks out of the snow. morning awakens the world in a muted, soft sunrise, pale pink only barely flaming the sky as it lightens. she opens her eyes with no wonder to the sparkle of winter, only bitter resignation as she pulls herself from the ground. her chest is tight, eyes heavy, and she can barely shake the snow off of her fur to stumble, half-awake towards camp. it's with a last look at the soaring maple, and a resonating cough that shadowclan's broken queen makes her way home.

several deep coughs later, and she's almost there, though she hasn't noticed the time pass at all. everything is fluid in her mind, everything is undone since this ending of her era. best friend, gone, mate, dead, children, scattering like leaves on the wind. is she so unimportant that the spirits don't care for her anymore? even as she slumbers every night beside the grave of the one ghost who's come to her time and time again? she shakes her pelt, dusting the last flakes off before she steps into camp, clearing her throat. it's scratchy this morning, dry and hard to swallow. her paws stumble only once as she reaches her den finally, and with a deep sigh, sorrelstar sits herself at the edge of warmth, facing out to watch her family awaken.

her eyes refuse to glance towards the medics' den, refuse to accept that if she looks now, no white pelt will greet her, no indigo eyes or tired smile. it's too fresh, too soon, gone with no goodbye. her eyes also skip the apprentices' den, for the one who holds the ghost of her son has gone too, off into a great unknown, with no word to her. everything hurts in her mind, and she coughs again, curling her tail tighter.

// whitecough time! feel free to let your character catch it as well.

OLIVESLIP

BUT HERE I AM WITH ⁎⁺˳✧༚ ARMS UNFOLDING

sorrelstar ——– shadowclan leader, tags, 3/9 lives, penned by lavendes

The post was edited 1 time, last by SORRELSTAR ().

• rjr04Rk.png

GINGERPAW— 7.5months . Male . Shadowclan Apprentice

The night had been cold and harsh in the apprentice’s den, the winter winds seeming to whip and howl at the camp with all of its might. A force of nature that the little tom didn’t want to mess with, and yet found himself caught in the middle nonetheless. He felt like he remembered stories from his old family, regaling tales of storms like these. Reciting accounts of winds so cold and fresh snow every morning, said to have been brought by icy cats with frost over their hearts. Those stories always made Gingerpaw shudder, and now, the little tom couldn’t help but wonder if such spectres truly existed as he stepped forth from the den.

He appeared haggard, tired, and blinded by the freshly fallen snow, large amber eyes squinting against the harshness of the outside world. He had not slept very well, tossing and turning, feeling the cold nip at him no matter how tightly he curled. Outside of the apprentices den it wasn’t much better, and the young tom winced as cold air scorned his throat and lungs. This winter was only just beginning, he had to remind himself, and grimly he hoped that this would be the worst of it. That, perhaps by some miracle, that as winter went on it would get better. I, I gotta work on optimism, that’s right, he told himself, working his way into the camp now.

He didn’t bother going to check the fresh kill pile, knowing if anything was there at all that those who needed it more should eat first. Really, the young boy was going to make his way towards the warriors den, to see if he could find anyone to accompany him to go out hunting- not like he’d be much help. Sundaze hadn’t been around a lot to teach him lately, his skills were falling behind, but, well, he wasn’t a complete novice at this anymore and every little bit helped. Nonetheless Gingerpaw stopped in his tracks as he saw Sorrelstar sitting outside of her den, alarm flashing in his eyes as he saw just how tired she appeared to be. A lot had been going on lately, the events appearing to take a heavy toll on the leader. He thought back to when he had been found, alone and afraid, brought into this Clan... he thought of how everyone said Sorrelstar was an exceptional mother figure, one for all if needed. It was no wonder everything hit her hard in that regard- she must have cared deeply for everyone who had been lost recently.

Gnawing at his lip, his heart going out for the molly, Gingerpaw changed course and slowly approached the leader with a nod of his head. “Guh-good morning, Sorrelstar, did you uhm, sleep well?” He asked softly, stopping in front of the leader. This close to her, he could really see how tired she was know, and the young apprentices brows furrowed more so. “I... I don’t wanna be rude, but do you uhm, need anything? Like, like water? Or...” he asked, trailing off, unsure of how to help if he even could.

Ooc. My apologizes if you wanted Oliveslip to post first! I can delete this if need be ^^

Icon by Scribe!

{ Oliver! . Gingerpaw of Trad.Shadowclan . Caspar E.V. of EXT. Sanguine Ruins }

{ Discord: OliverTwined #4195 }

— Always open to plot or chat!

• Nightpaw lifted her head at the sound and scent of sorrelstar, but she could already tell that the leader wasn’t doing well. She couldn’t blame her, the apprentice wasn’t feeling good anyways, she coughed and shivered, “h-hello sorrel *cough* star and oliveslip” she said laying her head down and coughed again.

Fallenkit- short-haired dusty gray tabby she-cat, is blind by birth, black spot on right eye, three unknown scars on each eye, lives in Skyclan. Is 5 moons old.

Pearlkit- short-haired dapple silver she-cat with dark silver stripes, gray paws, lives in riverclan. Is 4 months old.

Nightpaw- Long-haired black/gray tabby she-cat, is blind in both eyes but left eye is pale blue, right eye is pale gold eye, lives in shadowclan. Is 12 moons old.

• Sickness. She could smell it. Subtle, yes, but there. The medicine cat paused in her duties, an apprentice had come to her asking to remove a thorn in his paw pad, the result of a dawn patrol. She could hear Gingerpaw asking if the leader needed water...so the soft smell of illness was from her. This was not good, no, not good at all. She finished up with the apprentice quickly before hurrying out of the den and approaching the leader.

Oh, it was worse than she thought. She looked awful. "Sorrelstar, wh..." Oliveslip didn’t finish the sentence, for she knew almost instantly what was wrong. Whitecough. She’d never seen it for herself, but Icefeather made sure to teach her thoroughly about it before she..not the time to think about that. If left untreated, whitecough could turn into greencough, which typically claimed the lives of many cats before it was through. This could turn into an epidemic. Another voice, a raspy voice, caught her attention as well. Her eyes widened drastically. More whitecough! No! "Both of you, get to the medicine den right away so I can treat you.
    " A paw reached up to touch her cheek, eyes closing briefly. "We’re going to need more catmint..."

"speech."

i guess you wonder where i’ve been —— tags.

ddd21je-695e497d-695c-4b8e-bacb-32b5e936f3d1.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2QwN2I4NTM3LTczMzItNDI3My1iYzBlLTc3ZDBlOTQxMmY2NVwvZGRkMjFqZS02OTVlNDk3ZC02OTVjLTRiOGUtYmFjYi0zMmI1ZTkzNmYzZDEucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.OO55FSQhpgljvxyq4ocgie84z3wZX0V5uk7NdVMbwAI

i hear your eyes and i see those cries

❝ I CAN’T BE THE ONLY ONE WHO HEARS YOU ❞

OLIVESLIP | TRAD. SHADOWCLAN MEDICINE CAT | TAGS | PENNED BY ZYACINTH

• nik couldn't remember a day in his life when he'd ever been sick. not that he could remember much really. his life was a muddled mess of fog and dust storms clouding his memory. the only thing he could even try to remember was his life as a housecat. he didn't know much about it, but he had convinced himself that he had been a housecat his whole life, although that didn't quite explain the instinctive manner he fought or how quickly he sunk himself into clan life. although he could only assume that he'd never gotten sick from all the needles he was jabbed with or all the pills jammed down his throat by the cold, latex covered hands of the veterinarian's.

hesitant to step closer he stood back, making sure there was plenty of room for oliveslip to work and to help the two sickly clanmates. lips pulled into a thin line he watched blindly as oliveslip was quick to usher the two off to the medicine den. from his position beside gingerpaw he barely parted his lips for a moment before speaking out, "..if you need help, oliveslip, with anything, just ask." he wasn't as susceptible to sicknesses as he or his clanmates would like to think.

HE SCRAPES BY WITH A CIGARETTE AND A GUN !!

• Nightpaw was silent but got up anyway, leaving to the side, she swayed as she slowly walked to the medicine cat den. The apprentice stopped to cough then went back to walking, head and tail low, she finally made it to the medicine cat den when she collapsed onto a nest, coughing again as she closed her eyes:

Fallenkit- short-haired dusty gray tabby she-cat, is blind by birth, black spot on right eye, three unknown scars on each eye, lives in Skyclan. Is 5 moons old.

Pearlkit- short-haired dapple silver she-cat with dark silver stripes, gray paws, lives in riverclan. Is 4 months old.

Nightpaw- Long-haired black/gray tabby she-cat, is blind in both eyes but left eye is pale blue, right eye is pale gold eye, lives in shadowclan. Is 12 moons old.

• rjr04Rk.png

GINGERPAW— 7.5months . Male . Shadowclan Apprentice

He startled as others began to appear, his attention having been solely consumed by the leader. He really had to work on that, the antsy ginger and white tom would think to himself, finding he had to stop getting locked onto one train of thought to the point he would lose track of his own surroundings... that was bound to get him into trouble one day, he knew it.

That was besides the point though, did Oliveslip say ‘whitecough’? He wasn’t all too familiar with it, but, well, that sounded... bad, so to speak. Seeing the other apprentice, so feeble and also coughing, left a heavy stone in his belly. How quickly could this spread? Could he catch it? Gingerpaw hoped that his youth would help him here, but he knew on some level that that alone wouldn’t protect him. “O-oh, that sounds bad,” he exclaimed, wondering now if just offering to go and get the leader water was enough. He’d wait and see, he supposed, trilling in greeting as Nik showed up as well and also offered his assistance.

Icon by Scribe!

{ Oliver! . Gingerpaw of Trad.Shadowclan . Caspar E.V. of EXT. Sanguine Ruins }

{ Discord: OliverTwined #4195 }

— Always open to plot or chat!

• she startles as if she hasn't noticed the gathering of felines around her. gingerpaw greets her with worry in his voice and she offers him a smile, trying to make it reach her eyes, although it doesn't quite. "i'm alright... just tired. don't you worry about me." the boy is almost another son to her, small and new to clan life as he is. she does have a habit of adopting strays, doesn't she? it's a coping thing, a way to make up for her inability to be a mother. ginger's training is coming along nicely, and he's growing into a true shadowclanner. "i'm proud of you-" the words slip from her maw in a hurried daze as they are cut off by coughs. nightpaw, a girl who's been in the apprentices' rank for far too long, stumbles towards them, and sorrel leaps to her paws, too slow to catch the girl in her fall. oliveslip is hurrying towards them, and it's a bit of chaos in her mind now, heat flaring from somewhere inside of her.

the medic says something about whitecough, about treating them, and sorrel only shakes her head, digging her claws into the snow, ears flicking. "take nightpaw. get her healed. i'm fine, it's just a bit of cold air in my lungs." she has three lives left, all perfectly good. the apprentice only has one, precious and small, and the leader will be damned before she is saved instead of a clanmate. "i'm fine, oliveslip. use the herbs on someone who needs them. make sure the kits and queens are okay."

BUT HERE I AM WITH ⁎⁺˳✧༚ ARMS UNFOLDING

sorrelstar ——– shadowclan leader, tags, 3/9 lives, penned by lavendes

• —— FLAXENGLARE ——

Soon to be King

Flaxenglare can't stand selfless people. Don't they understand the pain they cause, fighting so hard to be kind and generous when what people REALLY need is for them to be healthy and strong? "Stop being ridiculous mother" Flaxenglare says, hiding the fear and the nervous beneath a layer of irritation - as usual. The young man had heard everything when he'd been walking over to get his mother something to eat. Of course, the instant he caught the scent of sickness in the air, all his attention and determination was on getting his mother treated.

It was moments like these that he hated the most. Sickness...grief...those things Flax just didn't know how to fight, not when they were on someone else. If grief was an illness, Sorrelstar had been sick for a long time and no amount of herbs could cure that. He wanted to. He wanted to help her, to embrace her and comfort her the way she always did for him...but what could he say, exactly? Ever since Nightfire's death...something felt...broken. Maybe it was just Flaxen's guilt talking but...well, he was certain he was the last person who could help her heal.

And if not him, who?

"Mother..." he thinks about the way he lets his anger get the best of him. The way it hurts people when all he wants to do is help. So, swallowing down his irritation as he hypocritically sends Nightpaw off to get help, Flax instead calls up the painful source of his mounting anger. He's just...scared.

"It's just you and Nightpaw, you're not wasting any herbs, you've got to take some" he says softly, uncaring of the risk as he comes closer and touches his forehead to hers. The heat he feels is unpleasant. Worrying. "Please, mother"

"Speech"

ddf4ehv-e42c1677-87a3-46fe-a0cd-e1d7797ed79a.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2NkOGJiM2Y3LTZkZjgtNDVkZC1hZGQwLTMzMjBmODVjMmQzYlwvZGRmNGVodi1lNDJjMTY3Ny04N2EzLTQ2ZmUtYTBjZC1lMWQ3Nzk3ZWQ3OWEucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.g7QM5yLOSrtEa8N6Vq205V3CkI7GvTIzed1WwO_2ZhQ

I'VE GOT TO BE IN THE ROOM WHERE IT HAPPENS!

Reference/ / Nightfire x Sorrelstar/ / Tags

• Image result for cats outside

Widow~Female~9 moons

Widow

Today feels like no other!

Widow had never really seen sickness before. Living with humans all her life, they'd all gone to doctors and she to vets whenever signs of illnesses appeared. Now it seemed to be everywhere, the leader and an apprentice were both coughing, looking tired and dreadful, and Widow didn't quite know what to think. "Are, they alright?" She asked the cat nearest to her, Gingerpaw. "They don't look so good, are they hungry?" Maybe if she went hunting she could bring them something to eat, though she wasn't that good at hunting yet.

"Speech."

• owlflight

starclan - warrior - male - tags

The former deputy had once clung onto a soul of one so similar to his. However, when Valerianpaw had found his peace, so had Owlflight. He had ascended once more to StarClan to be among the deceased. However, today, he had felt a strange pull to walk the camp of ShadowClan once more. His copper orbs searched for the reason his starry paws ached to return. That’s when he saw a gathering at Sorrelstar’s den. If any had been able to see the starry warrior, it would be the one he had called mother in his life. The StarClanner frowned as he saw her refusing to eat anything.

Padding over, he nudged her softly. The deceased bengal whispered as he did so. “Please eat the herbs, mom. It’s not time for you to join me in StarClan yet.” His words were kind and gentle towards the stubborn leader. “If not for yourself, please eat them for me. A guardian cannot rest until his job is done, right?”

He hoped that his words would remain with her. The chocolate tabby smiled once more and watched over her. Her former deputy sat down and remained by her side. His copper orbs danced over the forms of those visiting Sorrelstar. “Don’t mourn the loss of those that aren’t lost. They’ve found themselves. Perhaps they’ll return to you, but it must be of their own doing. For now, you must heal to be with those you love on this earth.”

• "So I walk alone down the darkest roads"

"The anthem of a bird with a broken wing" — Canarysong

Seeing Sorrelstar refuse to take any herbs angered Canarysong, tears began to well up in her blue gaze as she padded up towards the she-cat. "Sorrelstar-eat the herbs, please! Oliveslip can get more, we can find more. Your health is important, so please Sorrelstar take the herbs and get better" she told their leader. It sounded more like she was begging their leader to take the catmint instead of actually yelling at the she-cat but in truth if Canarysong had more of a voice to yell at their leader? She would of done it. However, Sorrelstar shouldn't be refusing herbs when she was in such a state-and Canarysong didn't care if she gets sick due to being around her-right now all that matter was seeing the she-cat get better. "I-it isn't your time to join Starclan, and I don't know how many lives you have left Sorrelstar but-we need you" she prompted towards the female, her heart ached to see her friend, her leader to get better.

"I am who I say I am"

"Speak" "Thoughts"

Canaryy_by_Stiner_small.png

(wonderful art by Stiner! <3)

Characters played on this account:
    Canarysong, Mysticfang

Canarysong/12 moons/shadowclan warrior/She-cat

Mysticfang/16 moons/ Darkclan senior warrior/Tom

Tags

Widow~Female~9 moons

Widow

There was something wrong with the cats, definitely, but they seemed to be most focused on Sorrelstar. They had something to make her better, but she was refusing to take them. Herbs, they said. If it'll make her better, why wouldn't she take them? Widow wondered. That didn't make any sense. Also they were spouting words like "lives", as in multiple ones, and Widow wondered if she'd heard right. Sure, she'd heard two-legs say cats had nine lives before, they always muttered about it whenever she so much as jumped from a slightly high place. But they didn't really have nine lives! Do we? No. No way, if she had nine lives, she'd know. More so, she'd seen cats who weren't careful on the Thunderpath. They got hit, and they didn't get up. Stopstopstopdangerrepress. Widow exhaled, and focused on her clan mates again. It must be a clan thing. "Sorrelstar?" She meowed, glancing at Gingerpaw in case this wasn't allowed for some reason, but it seemed to be okay. "Um, it sounds like everyone wants you to get better, and if eating herbs makes you better, you should do it. If you're scared there's not enough, I could go out and look for more, just tell me what they look like and I won't come back until I have enough!" Widow meowed, wanting to prove herself to ShadowClan but also wanting to make sure her leader stayed healthy.

"Speech."

• Nightpaw hadn’t moved much since her falling down, but she could hear everything. Hearing Sorrelstar refusing herbs just made her want to tell the leader to eat some herbs too but from her tired dazed state, she couldn’t speak but only let out heavy coughs. They sound raspier and heavier then before, she opens her eyes but they were cloudier then usual, she coughed again and tried to stand up, her legs shaking as she tried to stay balanced, but she wobbled looking like she would fall again at any moment.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Rubyheart1 ().

Widow~Female~9 moons

Widow

Widow's focus snapped to the fallen apprentice, and her eyes widened with severe worry. "H-Hey, guys? She doesn't look so good." That was obvious, but with everyone focusing on Sorrelstar's refusal to take herbs, it seemed the apprentice had been forgotten. Widow trotted to her side and crouched, concern filling her gaze. Not yet understanding sickness, she was not worried for her own health. "Hey, hey miss I don't think you should be standing. Sit down, at least, but stay awake okay? Oliveslip will get you some herbs." Widow looked to the medicine cat, whose name she had managed to remember. "Herbs are for helping this right? I can help get some if we need them, but I really think Nightpaw needs some." The tabby meowed urgently.

"Speech."