who let the dogs out - o, dogs in the territory [PLOT EVENT]

Check out some guideline updates for Traditional!
  • With leafbare fast approaching it was understandable that prey would gradually become harder and harder to find. It would be a hard leafbare - it always was - but Heronstar was determined her clan would prevail through the winter.

It was another chilly day as Heronstar lead a hunt in the woods. The leader was currently going after a plump grey squirrel, chasing it up a tree before finally managing to grab it. The small beast squirmed beneath the weight of her front paws, before a swift bite to the neck finished it off. She flicked her tongue across her lips, savouring the little blood she had got on them, before carefully picking the dead squirrel up between her teeth. Heronstar would jump down from the tree before heading back to where she and the rest of the hunting patrol agreed to meet up once they were done. She would wait quietly for the others return, quietly taking in what they had caught when they did return to her.. It wasn't an overly impressive haul, but considering the weather and how few signs of prey they had found, there was still a decent amount and would go a long way to ensuring the clan was well fed for another few days. "Alright, we've got enough for now," Heronstar mewed, turning to the other warriors behind her. "Lets head back to camp."

She was about to lean down and pick up her squirrel, when a sudden noise in the distance caught her attention. At first she was unsure whether she heard anything, that she was merely hearing the chatter from the clanmates behind her. But then she heard it again, louder this time, and closer too. Heronstar glance back at the patrol. "Did anyone else just hear that?"

//and so starts the dog plot! the dogs will probably get introduced in my next response to this

SUNSHINE, WAKE ME UP, AND LEAD ME INTO LOVE

SKYCLAN LEADER — 8/9 LIVES — 22 MOONS — AVATAR BY GOLDY — TAGS — PENNED BY THORNY

• MOTHSHINE

Skyclan - Senior Warrior - Female - 14 moons

The feeling of snow under her paws wasn't entirely unwelcome. It certianly wasn't the most familiar. So much had happened in the last few moons, it felt like several lifetimes had passed. It was strange to think that last leafbare she had been so young. Any goals and friendships had hardly been formed. By next leafbare, things would be different again. She was sure of that much. Frosted bark scraped beneath her claws, body attuned to the way the trees required her to move. Where Riverclan had the river, they had the skies. Squirrels and birds and prey that would otherwise escape their neighbors. It's where they were comfortable. It was what they knew. A wren fell limp between strong jaws, pride surging in her chest. It always felt a little bit more special to provide when it was more needed. When winter called for less of a chance of finding prey, and a chill settled into your bones. They'd endure it. She'd make sure of it. With Heronstar, Juniperthorn, their senior warriors. They'd manage. It wasn't as much as she'd like, but then it was better than nothing at all. She made her way down to the ground again, landing with a grace she didn't often posses. Effortless like it was for many of them. Her nose was quick to find their patrol again, tail waving high behind her to signal her own readiness. They'd try again tomorrow, and the next day. They'd figure it out as they always did. "Nice catch, Heronstar." She chirped, her own prey falling at her paws. That name on her tongue had begun to feel less strange. There was a glimmer in her eye that had been long gone, at least for a while. It was all coming back to her. "Maybe on the way back we--"

A bark? Could that have been it? The ashen molly's ears perked immediately, head swiveling around. She had only seen a dog one another time, with Lavenderstar. A tiny little thing. Tinier than any of them. She had to remember that they could pose a thread, even if that one had not. A scowl settled onto her face. "I heard it." She confirmed quickly, glancing at their leader again. She took a few short steps in the direction the noise had come from. Had it only been one? One dog they could handle. She watched for a moment, half expecting something to come bursting through the trees. She listened. She waited. It had been closer the second time, hadn't it? Perhaps she should be more wary, already prepared to face off against whoever may arrive. "Should we check it out?" She asked over her shoulder, eyes never quite moving away from the space ahead of her. They might not have to, if whatever it was was feeling brave. It might come right to them anyways.

WELL, DOESN'T EVERYONE?

Mothshine + Skyclan + Tags + penned by avery.

• the shrill cry of a starling was cut off by strong jaws snapping it's neck in half, the avian falling limp between ivory incisors. triumph flashed across cinnamon-pointed features, an expression that would surely be refreshing to anyone who had talked to him the past moon. the sharp pain of loss was beginning to ebb, diminishing slowly. and while it may still sting, it was no longer an agonizing hurt that seized his heart and made his chest ache. finally, the clan was beginning to heal from the grief.

a gust of cold wind buffeted his fur, nearly knocking him from the sturdy oak branch he was balancing upon. his fluffy coat did nothing to stop the bitter chill that bit at him, forcing a shiver from the senior warrior as he moved to leap down from the branch. snow crunched underneath his paws as he landed with the expertise of a skilled skyclan warrior, straightening up and making his way through the snowy forest, back to the place where he was supposed to meet up with the others on the patrol. voices drifted on the winter breeze, the familiar chirp of mothshine easily recognizable. he was getting close. he pushed through the undergrowth, frost dusting his mink pelt as he did so, and came to stand beside mothshine. good, we all caught something. the elders and queens will eat well today, he mused to himself, pleased with the successful hunt. a rare emotion for him, indeed. but who wouldn't be glad that their clan was being fed?

a cacophonous barking echoed throughout the forest, shattering the happy moment and making his fur stand on end. dogs? apprehension pricked at him, one ear flattening as his eyes darted towards the direction of the noise. his instinctual reaction was to curse starclan for allowing yet another problem to be flung at skyclan, but then he forced himself to vanquish those thoughts, lavenderstar's words and his promise to her ringing in his head. that didn't stop the flash of fear and irritation he felt, though. "great, just what we needed," he grumbled, his voice muffled by the bird he was carrying. setting down his catch, he then nodded towards mothshine after she suggested checking it out. "we need t' know if they're posin' a threat," he agreed. "but we'll need t' be careful about it." if we don't want to end up like sunwish did. the memory of sunwish, torn to shreds by a dog, brought a sick feeling to his stomach. it seemed like such a horrible way to go. he never wanted to see another clanmate so brutally murdered like that.

kestrelswoop turned his gaze onto heronstar, awaiting her input on the situation.

• So it hadn't just been her who heard the distant barking. Heronstar didn't know whether to find the comforting or not.

At the question of what to do, Heronstar was silent for a moment, quietly considering what their options were. There was nothing to say that the dog who had been barking was peaceful, but having been injured by a dog in the past, and having seen cats been maimed and killed by dogs in the past, Heronstar knew it would be wise to investigate and determine whether it was a threat or not. "We should check it out," She finally said, giving a a firm nod of agreement to the two senior warriors beside her. "It might be nothing, but be vigilant. I think we're all aware of how nasty a confrontation with a dog can get."

The leader suggested they leave their prey under the watchful eye of one of the NPC warriors on patrol with them, before leading the small group in the direction of the sound. It was typical though, that now they were going in search of it, that whatever had made that noise had gone silent Heronstar was almost considering telling them to turn around and leave it when suddenly she caught a faint scent carried by the breeze. It wasn't too strong, but it was definitely present. Having found a new lead, the calico pushed on ahead, following the scent as it grew stronger. She would hear the dogs before she saw them. They were panting, as though they had been running, and she could hear them sniffing around in the snow ahead. Poking her head out, she spotted the two dogs in front of them, though thankfully they hadn't detected the SkyClan cats yet. One was a small tan and white dog, with thick curly fur, who kept lifting its head to look around. The other was taller in size, but was very slim with long legs. Wait a second....she had seen that larger dog before! That was the same beast she had found Lavenderstar talking to one day. She pulled her head back to turn and speak to Mothshine and Kestrelswoop and inform them of her discovery.

"There's two dogs, not one," She quickly explained, leaning in close so she could whisper and hopefully not alert the dogs to their location just yet. "I recognize the larger dog from a few weeks ago. Lavenderstar was....she was talking to it I think? I don't know what she said to it, but the way it looked at her, it was almost as if it knew what she was saying. It didn't seem like much of a threat back them, more curious if anything, but I still wouldn't advise being too complacent around it." Heronstar would pause for a moment, thinking of what she wanted them to do next. She did not want to start a fight with these dogs, not if she could help it at least, but it was imperative they moved them on from here. "I don't want to instigate a battle with these dogs, so I think its best if we scare them off for now," She suggested. "If we can catch them off guard, it might be easier to scare them away from here. If you two are ready we can do this now."

SKYCLAN LEADER — 8/9 LIVES — 22 MOONS — AVATAR BY GOLDY — TAGS — PENNED BY THORNY

• Juniperthorn had been coming back from leading a border patrol when a bark, full of chaos and threat and every other negative description in the book. Narrowing his eyes with suspicion, he let his nose lead him toward the source of the barking as he furrowed his fictive brows. Dogs? In the snowy air of leaf bare, when Twolegs seldom left their nests... this was dangerous, incredibly dangerous. If they didn't have their Twoleg supervisors, then they could run free, tearing cats apart as they wished- he too remembered seeing Sunwish's body, and carrying it back to camp with a heavy heart and a silent maw. Torn to shreds, and if these dogs were a threat, the whole of SkyClan was in danger of meeting the same threat.

Catching sight of Heronstar's dilute pelt between the foliage, alongside Mothshine and Kestrelswoop, he wondered whether they had heard the bark too. They were talking (about what he couldn't quite decipher), which inclined him to believe they had, but... checking couldn't hurt. Emerging from the undergrowth, he asked quietly as he approached the group, "Heronstar, did you hear-"

But he cut himself of as his gaze drifted over to the two dogs whom had stolen away Heronstar's attention- he too recognised the larger one as the one his mother was talking to that one time, apparently trying to get it the hell off their territory. Apparently, this dumb canine didn't get the memo that you're meant to respect the wishes of dead people. A snort of disgust left Juniperthorn's nose. "Oh, wonderful," he sarcastically snarled under his breath, eyes narrowing to grey-green slits. "I'll help scare them off, if you'll have me." There were only two of them, and in this excited, curious state they were fairly skittish- four of the should be able to shift them pretty easily.

image0.png

I AM THE GREATEST MOTHERFUCKER

THAT YOU'RE EVER GONNA MEET

SKYCLAN — DEPUTY — TAGS, PENNED BY WALUIGIPINBALL

• Wrenthroat had been on Juniperthorn's patrol when he heard the same sounds. Brutal, yet, it didn't bother him as much as it did to the other SkyClanners. Moons ago, he would dash through gardens, chasing that thrill that was teasing those chained beasts. He's never fought one though, nor did he ever have a traditional BloodClan dogtooth collar in his possession. He followed the deputy, emerging from the foliage, eyes narrowing as he set his eyes upon the creatures. Feelings of disgust flooded him, a voice that chanted about how those dogs were unworthy of his presence, how they deserved to die here and now so that they wouldn't trouble SkyClan in the future. The feline mind could easily outsmart those dogs' smaller brains, despite their boost in girth. But he would listen to Heronstar. If these dogs had buddies, then fighting them would only spell more trouble. "I'll help you out if you need me to." He volunteered, royal blue eye sizing up the disgruntled animals.

"speaking in #dc143c"

- tags -

QuaqtPm.png

L'ETERNA CIMA ESISTE SOLO PER ME

[ storage ex-bloodclanner, ex-skyclanner male / 22 moons played by melo-crisis ]

(c) vespertine

• ToUQPFN.gif Dogs. She didn't have much experience with them but she had heard stories. Of how these beast could rip a cat apart if they wanted to. It was scary to think back to when Lavendarstar was talking with one. It was scary to think they would have to deal with not just one dog but two. Her eyes looked over her clan mates and wondered if they had any idea of what to do. For she was at a loss here. "" .

skyclan warrior 14 moons girl rainpuddle x flick tags

skyclan warior 14 moons girl rainpuddle x flick

roleplayed by decaying - TAGS

pTlpMkX.gif

• At her suggestion of attempting to scare off the dogs, she was relieved when some of the others were quick to agree, offering their help. "Thank you," She mewed to the three of them, giving a reassuring nod to Breezetail who looked a little lost. "Wrenthroat, Mothshine you'll be with me and we'll attack from the right," Heronstar said, gesturing for the two to come to her side. She would then glance at the remaining warriors briefly, before turning to speak to Juniperthorn. "Juniperthorn, take Kestrelswoop and Breezetail and attack from the left."

With the group split up, it was time to put the plan into action. Heronstar would lead her small group forward, keeping low in the pushes as the slowly approached the dogs. She didn't charge out though until she knew Juniperthorn was in position. Searching through the undergrowth, she found the younger toms gaze, before nodding to show she was ready. She would wait for him to nod in return before giving the order to charge.

"Forward!" Her voice would call out, before she burst from the bushes. The dogs had caught her shouting, but they hadn't picked up on where the noise came from until the cats came hurtling out towards them.

• he, too, was relieved to have some backup appear. with five fully trained warriors and wrenthroat, an ex-bloodclanner, he was reassured that they would be able to handle the two dogs. at heronstar's commands, he nodded, stalking after juniperthorn and breezetail when the group split into two and veered into different directions. his pawsteps were silent as he slunk through the thick undergrowth, his eyes narrowed and focused on the mutts ahead of them. they'd show the mongrels that they weren't welcome, and hopefully, never catch another whiff of them on their territory.

the group halted in the shadows of the foliage, and he was forced to wait, claws sheathing and unsheathing in impatience, for heronstar's next move. it would seem like an eternity, the adrenaline already pumping through him, when finally the signal to move forwards sounded. letting out a yowl of his own, he'd surge from out of the undergrowth and towards the dogs, golden eyes blazing and claws glinting.

• Nodding obediently, he briefly let his gaze sweep over those gathered. Six warriors- man, they'd come far from those days when Lavenderstar had only managed to get one warrior on a patrol other than herself. It seemed ApprenticeClan was no more- or, perhaps... it lived on in some way. It was the same generation, stood here to drive out these mutts. He mouthed a message of good luck to Mothshine before stalking over to his assigned position alongside Breezetail and Kestrelswoop, baring his teeth in silent preparation. Even if these dogs seemed pretty skittish, who knew how frisky they might get.

At Heronstar's yowl, alongside Kestrelswoop Juni too let out an uproarious war cry, a brutal warning for them never to set foot in SkyClan's territory again. To taste the air thick with dog scent was always sickening, and after they drove these buggers out the tom hoped they wouldn't have to run into them for a long, long while. Ever unsheathed claws ablaze, face tainted with the fury of battle, he would race toward the hounds, hoping they wouldn't put up a fight- they were sure to come out of that less than fighting fit.

image0.png

I AM THE GREATEST MOTHERFUCKER

THAT YOU'RE EVER GONNA MEET

SKYCLAN — DEPUTY — TAGS, PENNED BY WALUIGIPINBALL

• As Wrenthroat approached his leader's side, he unsheathed his claws and kept his eye on the dogs. He moved silently, as if he would die, or cause others to die, if he made a single noise in the silence that ensued Heronstar's order. This was his first time fighting some mutts, however, he felt nothing but confidence as his fighter's spirit flowed through his bloodstream like a natural reaction to tense situations.

As she called out the command, he leaped forward, teeth bared and eyes filled with a murderous glare. If these dogs weren't scared, they were either too dumb to understand what was going on, or they were being underestimated. He really hoped it would be the latter one. Should they attempt to retaliate against the attack of the felines, Wrenthroat was prepared to twist and turn to hit a weak spot.

"speaking in #dc143c"

- tags -

QuaqtPm.png

L'ETERNA CIMA ESISTE SOLO PER ME

[ storage ex-bloodclanner, ex-skyclanner male / 22 moons played by melo-crisis ]

(c) vespertine

• Thankfully it would seem they were to be spared from any retaliation. At the sudden appearance of the SkyClan cats, the dogs turned around sharply, caught off guard by their sudden arrival. The small dog looked as though it might have turned and attacked them, but quickly back down. The larger dog was first to turn tail and run, and was shortly followed the smaller dog, disappearing back the way they appeared to have came.

Heronstar waited for a short while before she eased her stance, wary that the dogs might have returned, but when they didn't she finally relaxed. "Hopefully that will have scared them off," She mused, glancing around at the rest of the warriors. She sighed softly. "I hope they won't trouble us further, that is not something we need right now." Heronstar shook her head. "Come. Let us gather the prey we caught earlier and return to camp."

• Breeze nodded and followed where she was suppose to go. She copied her clan mates actions, doing her best to scare them. And it seemed to work. Her eyes looked back to the other felines and wondered if the dogs would return. She really hoped not. But she had a feeling this wasn’t going to be so easy. If they came back once then they would come back again. Like badgers and foxes did."" .

skyclan warior 14 moons girl rainpuddle x flick

roleplayed by decaying - TAGS

pTlpMkX.gif