i'm free [bxb pafp] at last

Check out some guideline updates for Traditional!
  • tumblr_orrkl6BsyW1svpobpo1_500.gifv

muse a is new to the neighborhood and a son to a rich and somewhat old-fashioned family. he lives the life most would want to live and has had pretty much everything handed to him on a silver platter. however, his parents aren't exactly that accepting of him. they want to make sure that their son is perfect and grows up to be 'perfect'. his parents can't even imagine him going against their word and they would kill him if he even thought of trying to hang out with 'troublemakers'. on top of that, they're also against being gay and believe that it's a horrible thing. muse a's older sister was kicked out of the house when his parents found out that she was bisexual. however, the thing is, muse a is gay and he's just always kept it a secret since he was a kid. he's forced himself to date girls and to act like somebody he is completely not so that his parents don't hurt him or kick him out of the house. muse a has always tried convincing himself that he's straight and always denies the fact that he's truly gay since he's too scared to admit it. muse b is what, muse a's parents would describe as a, 'dirty punk'. he's a rebel and incredibly reckless. muse b is exactly what muse a's parents don't want. he drinks, smokes, starts fights, and has disregard for rules. dropped out of high school in senior year and a dropout of college, muse b is somebody that muse a's parents wouldn't want their son hanging out with but that's not stopping, muse a. muse a has always been interested in this 'rebellious' life style and when he hears of a band that will be playing in an abandoned warehouse, he makes it an effort to attend and to meet the people his parents don't want him to meet. While there, muse a gets into trouble with two attendees and they threaten to kill him but before they can lay a finger on him, muse b comes in and saves him. As muse a is making sure muse b is alright, they get to talking and enjoy the rest of the show before muse a has to quickly return home before his parents realize he's gone. soon enough, they start hanging out more and soon enough, muse a begins getting sucked up into, muse b's life. he gets involved in things he would never think he would be a part of and on top of that he's beginning to slowly fall for, muse b and despite him trying to continuously convince himself that he's straight, he just can't. of course, muse a wants to be with muse b but his problem is his parents and the fact that he's just completely scared of commitment. will they be able to stay together or will they get torn apart with no hopes of ever getting back together?

i'll get the starting post up after you create your character :)

my timezone: pacific daylight time [pdt]

school is kinda kicking my ass and i've got some other personal stuff that keeps me quite busy. if i disappear for a day or two, or even a week or more, this is why. i'll try to be as active as possible but no promises on how active [more info about my activity on my profile]

character gallery: never gonna give you up [bees' character gallery] never gonna let you down

tumblr_p2bhm9VRhc1u4s87to1_500.gif

"and if the world is gonna burn

everyone should get a turn to light it up"
    PUP - scorpion hill

The post was edited 1 time, last by bees?! ().

• [he's great! kaz would definitely be getting him into some trouble in a way to loosen him up. also that idea of them getting drunk tattoos? i love it. also, that height difference, i'm living for it. i'm a sucker for height differences]

wYhKZ2c.gif tumblr_oxswn75jc01wdzd2ho1_250.gifv

kazimir makarovich 'cosmo' volkov

the young man sat at the makeshift bar that was placed within the warehouse. he quietly drank away at a beer bottle, this one being his fourth. with a sigh, he turned towards where the band was performing. it was dark except for a few colorful yet dark lights. when this warehouse was taken over, those who found it had thought to fix the electricity and, kaz was thankful for that. he didn't want to be stumbling in the dark relying on some broken lanterns and flashlights to help lead the way through the building. kaz tried to see as much of as he could of the band. The audience were aggressively thrashing around starting mosh pits and fights. there were only a select few who seemed calm and were just trying their best to avoid the more aggressive attendees. kaz would have loved to join in but he just didn't feel in the mood at the moment. his friends had left early to go off and do their own thing and had offered for, kaz to come along but the young man had turned down their offer, choosing to hang out with all the troublemakers at the warehouse. he then turned around to look at the other people that were around the bar. there were a few tables and chairs and some crates that were randomly placed throughout so that people could take them as seats. he scanned over those who were present. on the ground was a drunk man with what seemed like his friend trying to get him to stand and leave. there were a few small groups of friends and at least one pair of lovers who definitely needed to tone it down.

romance and dating and all that stuff was something that, kaz always felt weird when talking about with his friends. they all talked about girls and some of them even had girlfriends and one of them was already married and kaz just always felt like he was left out. none of his friends knew of his sexuality and he knew that they would probably be okay if he told them but he just felt... weird when he thought about coming out to them. it wasn't a big deal to them but to, kaz, it was. his friends were pretty open-minded and they accepted almost anybody as long as they were good people but anytime he thought about coming out to them, he would have to kick himself in the head and tell himself that it was a stupid plan. whenever they talked about their own interests and their own love life, kaz would try to awkwardly say something and have some kind of input and his friends never questioned his awkward actions. through his whole life he had only told at least a handful of people and it was slowly killing him not having told more people.

taking his finger and laying it on top of the bottle, he began to spin it around a bit on the bar until the entrance of a newcomer took his attention. the young man who had entered looked quite out of their element and they definitely weren't a regular as kaz had never really seen somebody like him before. as he sat there, eyeing the newcomer, two guys who also noticed the newcomer suddenly revealed themselves from the shadows of the more lonelier side of the building. it was clear that they were a bit drunk with the way they walked and acted. they were the type of guys that people would try to avoid when walking down a dark street and kaz couldn't help but watch what their next move was. the two men approached the newcomer, kind of boxing him in. one of them smiled a condescending smile, "you look lost, place like this isn't for somebody like you." the other one would then chime in, "yeah, you ready to die, kid? that's the kind of thing that happens to people who don't belong here."

school is kinda kicking my ass and i've got some other personal stuff that keeps me quite busy. if i disappear for a day or two, or even a week or more, this is why. i'll try to be as active as possible but no promises on how active [more info about my activity on my profile]

character gallery: never gonna give you up [bees' character gallery] never gonna let you down

PUP - scorpion hill

• (Yess I can see them getting into so much trouble! Also same here, height differences are the bestttt! So cute)

bw7RrME.gif

Nathaniel Grayson

Nathaniel didn’t know what he was doing here, at this dingy, dark warehouse, that was so far removed from what he knew. Anxiety rose in his chest as he inwardly began to berate himself for being so stupid to actually show up at this party. Honestly, the whole thing had been a spur of the moment decision. The young man had overheard about a party in an old warehouse from a couple at his campus coffee shop. It was just a benign conversation – something that most would easily forget, but it had occupied his mind, gnawing down his reservations until he decided that one night away from his textbooks couldn’t hurt, right? He would simply go, experience the type of life he had fantasied about for one night, and then never think about it again. It would be over quickly, and he could move on without silly daydreams to hold him back from fulfilling his parents goals. Yep, that was the plan, but somehow over the course of a fifteen-minute car ride, he had managed to talk himself in and out of his plan about a hundred times or so, before the driver had dumped him unceremoniously outside the warehouse, leaving the sorely out of place man to fend for himself. “Well, shit.” Nate mumbled to himself as he looked around, trying to avoid making eye contact with the few people who were still milling around outside, despite their prolonged stares at the misplaced stranger. He immediately knew he stood out from the crowd, simply from his appearance alone. Nathaniel was dressed in his usual, casual attire of a button down, long-sleeved, impressively white shirt and black, tailored pants – A far cry from the clothing of his peers. Everything about the blonde seemed to scream that he did not belong here.

The young man hesitated outside the building, unsure of whether to enter or just give up on the night and go back home. As he weighed his options up, his gaze fell upon a young, male couple that were cuddled up against each other, laughing about something on one of their phones. There was something about that it that was so pure and sweet, and he felt his heart sink, though he was unsure why. Maybe it was because he was lonely. Despite the fact that he was a fairly popular guy, Nate couldn’t help but feel like he didn’t have any true friends that he could open up to and they would still like him for him. The couple kissed and he quickly averted his eyes, silently wishing that it was him. Not because he was gay or anything – Because he wasn’t. Nathaniel had always struggled with his sexuality, but he was just confused, that was all. After all, gay guys didn’t date or sleep with women, and all of his past experiences had been with girls. No, he was just lonely, and in need of someone. He had the brief thought to call up one of the girls from his study group – She had always seemed interested in him. Yeah, that’s what he would do tomorrow, even if the thought of it made him feel queasy.

Trying to drive away unwanted thoughts, Nate entered the warehouse, doing his best to appear confident and like he knew what he was doing here. As he entered, he stopped to take in the sight before him. The warehouse was loud and crowded, a mass of bodies partying the night away without a care in the world. He longed to be like that, desperately. The room was dark, with only a few colourful lights, but that was enough for him to be able to spot the bar. Thank God. The young man could do with a drink to settle his nerves. As he was about to make his way over to the bar that seemed to only be occupied by another guy, he was stopped by the sudden appearance of two men who smelt strongly of alcohol. Nate flashed them a friendly smile that quickly fell away as the men spoke, a sense of dread and anxiety washing over him like waves. “..Look, fellas, I don’t want any trouble, okay?” He tried to calm them, extending his hands out in the universal sign to hold on, which hopefully would put a little more distance between himself and his aggressors. Taking a step back, as his back touched the wall, he knew he was boxed in. Damn it. He should have never come to this stupid party in this stupid warehouse. Now, he was going to get his ass kicked just for existing. Fan-fucking-tastic.

• wYhKZ2c.gif tumblr_oxswn75jc01wdzd2ho1_250.gifv

nate's words didn't seem to be chasing away the men away anytime soon, instead, it seemed to just make them want to hurt the young man even more. at his words of 'not wanting any trouble', one of the men, a small tattoo on his face the main difference between him and his friend, chuckled at the young man. "don't want any trouble? you asked for trouble the moment you walked in here." in a flash, the man took nate's shirt collar into his hands and he shoved the younger man against the wall quite harshly. as he did, the other man silently revealed a small pocket knife that was hidden within his back pocket and he made sure that nate would be able to catch sight of it. the man with the tattoo chuckled again, "we're going to make sure you'll regret ever thinking about coming here."

spinning around with nate's collar still in his hands, the man practically dragged the younger man around and threw him onto the ground. the people around were either too drunk, high, or just didn't care for what was happening. however, unlike many of the bystanders, kaz was keeping a close watch on what was going on, carefully observing what the men were doing. the second he saw, nate get thrown to the ground, he stood up, taking his empty beer bottle along with him. s he approached, he observed the two men. they were bigger and much taller than him but that didn't deter him. he wasn't about to witness some innocent guy get murdered just because he looked out of place. "hey! what the hell do you think you're doing?" kaz's grip on his beer bottle tightened as he watched both men turn their attention from nathaniel towards, him.

the man with the tattoo took a quick glance up and down at, kaz, and chuckled. "what are we doing? shouldn't you be asking yourself that same question, pipsqueak?" his friend still holding onto his knife, the man with the tattoo approached, kaz, forgetting about, nate. looking down at the much shorter man, he smiled in amusement, "trying to be the hero, huh? why don't you go play with the kiddies at the sandbox, huh?" he chuckled at his own little joke which caused kazimir to start fuming with anger. gripping the bottle in his hand, the shorter man reached up towards the man and yanked his head down, grabbing onto the front of his shirt.

"you're going to regret making those statements." kaz grit his teeth as he spoke, his body overcome with rage. he despised it when people took his height to be a target of insult and if you really wanted to piss him off, making fun of his height was one way to do it. as he held the man's shirt in his hands, the much taller man still bent down to his height, kaz took a moment, glanced at the glass bottle in his hand before he suddenly let go of the man's shirt and simultaneously swung the bottle at the man's head, the glass instantly shattering and the man stumbling to the side in a daze, a large bleeding cut on the side of his head now visible where he had been hit. the other man looked to his friend and then towards, kaz and kaz only returned a glare that cut daggers through the man. however, before he could say anything, the man with the tattoo had recovered and came barreling towards, kaz, taking him by the front of his jacket and throwing him into the wall.

PUP - scorpion hill

• bw7RrME.gif

Nathaniel Grayson

As he was shoved up against the wall, his head coming back to smack against the wall that resonated an aching pain throughout his skull and dazed him momentarily, all Nate could think about was the fact that he was really about to be killed in a dirty warehouse that most likely broke countless health code violations. Jesus Christ. His parents were going to be so mad. The flash of the pocketknife was enough to knock him out of his stupor. The young man stilled, freezing in place at the sight of the weapon. He had thought, well, hoped, that they would just beat him up, but the appearance of the knife said otherwise. His eyes darted around to look for someone that would step in and stop this madness - Wasn’t there a bouncer around to control these aggressive thugs? Nate couldn’t believe this was actually happening – All because he decided to have one night of fun.

He was about to tell the men not to do anything they could regret and that he would just leave now, no harm, no foul, when he was suddenly and violently thrown to the ground. Landing on his shoulder, Nate groaned loudly, hand reaching up to grip his injured arm, as he tried to catch his breath and his bearings. At first the young man didn’t notice the appearance of the shorter guy who looked to be around the same age, until he heard him yell out at the men. Struggling up into a half upright position, his attention, like his attackers, was drawn to the stranger who had appeared from the dark like some sort of punk guardian angel. However, any hope of rescue died quickly when he realized just how taller the men were in comparison to the unlikely hero. At least he would have a buddy in the ER, Nate thought darkly.

He didn’t want to watch the shorter man get beat up, but he couldn’t look away from it, like a car accident. Blue eyes studied him, noticing the way his grip tightened on the beer bottle when the men made fun of his height. The next thing he knew, the younger man had one his attackers by the front of his shirt. Even though the man wasn’t speaking directly to Nate, he still froze at the rage that laced his words. In a split second, the sudden sound of shattering glass rang out, flying everywhere as Nate’s mouth dropped open in shock horror. Holy shit. That was ...pretty fucking cool, admittedly. It didn’t take long for the now bleeding man to recover and shove the shorter man up against the wall. Nathaniel was ashamed to admit it but for a split second he considered just running and leaving the other guy to his own devices but he knew he couldn’t do that. Struggling to his feet, Nate stumbled over to the men and did something he promised himself he would never do. He gripped the bleeding man’s shoulder, pulling him around to face him, and punched him in the face with his free hand.

Agony coursed through his hand almost immediately. Nate yelled in pain, gripping his now injured hand, as he repeated all the curses under the sun. The pain was excruciating. He was certain he had broken it. What the hell?! That shit never happened in action movies. Oh God, how was he going to explain a broken hand to his parents? He bit his bottom lip to stop from yelling out again, instead trying to distract himself by turning his attention back to the on-going fight.

the young man had barely anytime to recover from hitting the wall, his breath having been taken out of him. of course, the man's strength wasn't all that surprising, his fault for standing up to the guy but he wasn't about to let this stranger get killed. as he laid on the ground, slowly picking himself up from the ground, reaching out for the wall to support himself, the guy who he had been trying to save came in and landed a punch on the man with the tattoo. kaz couldn't help himself from grinning as nate recoiled in pain from the contact. it was clear that the young man had never really been a fight and kaz couldn't help himself but be entertained by nate's bravery.

now on his feet, he looked between the the two older man, the one with the knife and the one with the tattoo who was bleeding from the face. luckily for him, the one with the knife was a bit shorter than the other man, a bit easier for, kaz to deal with but the downside was the fact that he had a knife. as for the other man, kaz was sure he could kill him if he wanted and his new friend didn't seem to be so experienced in fighting. their chances of winning this fight were low but he still had hope. turning to face where the other man was, kaz pulled out a knife of his own, a longer but a bit of a dull switchblade. taking a swipe at the man with the knife, he managed to slightly swipe at the man's torso, cutting his shirt and leaving a small cut, however, the man would counter, catching kaz's wrist as he went in for another swipe of the knife.

meanwhile, the bleeding man had been taken by surprise by, nate. holding his face where he had been punched, the man stretched his jaw out a bit, laughing to himself in complete shock. turning to face, nate, the man went in to grab him but would be taken off balance when kaz backed up into him, fighting for control his knife with the other man. the man fighting with kaz would end up pushing him into the bleeding man and the two of them went stumbling towards the ground, the man fighting with kaz being brought down as well. quickly, while they were vulnerable, kaz quickly reversed the grip of the man holding onto him and grabbed at his knife with his free hand, tossing it off somewhere behind him.

seemingly having had won, the bleeding man took hold of kaz's leg and pulled the younger man down onto the ground as he stood himself up, kneeling down on kaz's left hand which was holding onto his switchblade. he got in one heavy punch to kaz's face before his fist would be caught by his friend. whipping his head around, the man practically snarled as he spoke, "what the hell are you stopping me for?" before he could let his friend answer him, he spotted the eyes of a group of three pretty nasty looking people eyeing them closely. the cavalry had finally arrived, the group of people eyeing the men being the hired security of the warehouse. it was clear that they had just came from dealing with a different issue as they all looked a bit irritated but kaz was still grateful for them having had arrived, late or not.

the man with the tattoo looked from kaz to the security and then back to kaz and then towards, nate. standing up, he shoved his friend out of the way, a bit irritated and glared daggers at, nate, "you're lucky you've got your boyfriend here to save you." as he spoke the word 'boyfriend' the man gave a bit of a kick aimed toward's kaz's ribs as the younger man was trying to stand back up, which led kaz to falling onto the ground once more. clearly not wanting to get into trouble with the security, the two men were quick to leave the scene.

PUP - scorpion hill

• bw7RrME.gif

Nathaniel Grayson

Relief flooded Nathaniel as he saw the other man up on his feet once more, thankful that he hadn’t been knocked out and he wouldn’t have to face both of the thugs by himself. Plus, he was just glad the other man didn’t seem too badly injured. After all, Nate was the whole reason the courageous stranger was in this mess in the first place. He would feel so guilty if he had been seriously injured on account of him. He went to move towards him to check if he was okay but hesitated at the appearance of the switchblade. Jesus, what was it with these guys and knives? Couldn’t they just use their fists? However, he supposed it did even the playing field a bit – and right now Nate would take all the help he could get. He thought he had spotted a grin on the shorter boy’s face earlier and felt his cheeks reddened, hoping it wasn’t too obvious that Nate hadn’t been in a fight in his life. Normally he could talk his way out of situations but that clearly had not been the go tonight.

Turning as he heard the one he had punched, which he was beginning to regret with the way his hand throbbed, laugh bitterly. The young man bit his bottom lip nervously as the tattooed man straightened up, clearly even more pissed off. “Look, I’m sorry, okay? We both did stupid things so how about we just let it go,” The young man began, once again trying to diffuse the situation, as he slowly backed away from the furious man. The shorter man was occupied with the other one in a brutal struggle for the switchblade and Nathaniel had the sinking realization that he would have to face the tattooed man by himself. Raising his one good hand and curling it into a fist, he prepared himself for having to throw another punch if the man went for him, which he really hoped he didn’t because the blonde boy didn’t think he could handle another injured hand. Suddenly, the tattooed man lunged for him but was quickly, and unexpectedly, knocked to the ground by the other two who quickly followed, Nate barely having time to leap back from the fray to avoid joining them, and stared in shock at the three men currently occupying the floor.

The men struggled on the floor for the knife, a mess of limbs, but it looked like the guy who had intervened on Nate’s behalf had control of the knife. He watched the knife get tossed away but chose to kick it even further from the men, hoping that it would be far enough they couldn’t reach it. Turning back, he witnessed the bleeding man holding the younger boy to the ground in what looked like a painful grip before punching him in the face. Nate flinched but was ready to tackle the aggressive man away from the shorter boy. He used to do it all the time in football, right? The only difference between now and then was that he had been on a field, in protective gear, opposed to in a seedy warehouse with nothing more than an injured hand and two knives floating around on the ground somewhere. He could do it. He would be fine – He hoped.

Just as he was about to tackle the man away, the other one stopped his friend from beating the boy up even more. Confused, Nate looked to see what they were staring at and realized that, finally, security had arrived. Thank the Lord. The mere presence of the security guards calmed the tall young man from his panicked state, and he breathed a sigh of relief as he realized that the fight was effectively over. His first fight and he had managed to survive it. Somehow. There was no chance in hell he would have if it hadn’t been for the brave stranger. Watching as the man’s eyes flicked between the stranger, the security and himself, he dreaded the thought that the bleeding man would somehow be stupid enough to continue the fight even with the security guards present. Nate glared at him as he gave a last kick to the young man on the ground and was about to push him away but realized that that would probably incite the fight all over again and wouldn’t look too good in the eyes of the security officers. “Yeah, I am.” He gave a low chuckle instead, too exhausted to even fight the remark, and moved towards the young man on the floor, crouching down next to him, his good hand coming to rest on his shoulder gently. “Are you okay?” Nathaniel asked, concern lacing his words, as his eyes scanned him carefully for injuries, “I owe you, man. Thank you so much.”

with the side of his face heavily bruised and his nose slightly bleeding from the man's punch, kaz did his best to deal with the pain he was feeling. not only did his face hurt but so did his chest after having been kicked, he was sure that his ribs would be bruised for a while and so would his face but that didn't matter, he had just saved some guy from potentially getting killed and that was enough to make him forget about the pain he was feeling. as he sat himself up, he watched as the stranger he had saved approach him and carefully lay their hand upon his shoulder. kaz waved off the other man's concern, giving a small grin in return to his question, "don't worry about me. i've been through worse."

as nate thanked him, kaz only shook his head, "you ain't owe me nothing. you are very welcome, though." taking the sleeve of his jacket, kaz carefully wiped away the small amount of blood from his nose and sighed. "you've some balls coming here looking like you do. some people here are like hawks, picking out anybody who look like they don't belong." motioning towards the other man's attire, there was a clear contrast with how he dressed compared to both kaz and all the other attendees. he was clean and his pants were pretty much perfectly tailored to fit him while kaz's own clothing was all worn and old-looking, especially his jacket. an old brown leather bomber jacket with a few places that looked crudely stitched and other places where the leather looked to be rubbing off and wearing down.

"oh, where are my manners, my name is kazimir, kaz or cosmo for short." kaz gave a bit of a weary smile, not wanting to move his face too much as the pain he felt on his face was just now beginning to set in. observing the man for a moment, his eyes landed on his injured hand. it looked to be in quite bad shape. it was clear that he had never been in a fight before just by the sight of the broken hand. a result of punching with improper form, he knew it all too well.

"is your hand alright? saw you earlier kind of yell in pain. sure you didn't break it?" there was genuine concern in kaz's voice as he eyed the other man's injure hand. he knew how bad it was to break a hand, especially if it was caused by improperly punching somebody or something. kaz couldn't help but think about what could have happened if he wasn't there. whether they really would have killed him or not, kaz didn't like the idea of this stranger getting beat up just because he looked out of place.

PUP - scorpion hill

• ((I came across this clip and it just made me think of Nate trying his best to fight lmao))

bw7RrME.gif

Nathaniel Grayson

The young man couldn’t help but look concerned as he took in the other man’s injuries and felt guilty that this had all happened because of him. He really shouldn’t have come tonight. It just cemented the fact that this life of rebellion was not for him, and would only end in himself, and others, getting hurt. It was time to put silly daydreams aside and focus on achieving the goals he and his family had set. However, he couldn’t help but grin back at the shorter male. He seemed like a spitfire, and Nathaniel was sure that he had definitely been through worse. From what the blonde could observe, the other boy was everything that he wanted to be – Brave, confident, and pretty damn badass. The epitome of the rebel lifestyle he had wanted to live.

He felt his cheeks heat up as his attire was pointed out. He definitely stood out, making him an easy target for those who were against outsiders, as was evident by the fact that he hadn’t even been in the room for more than five minutes before he was attacked. Blue eyes drifted over the other’s clothing, taking note of the brown leather bomber jacket that looked well worn. Nate thought it looked cool in that devil-may-care way but he would never be able to pull it off. It would look forced and like he was trying too hard. “I guess I didn’t get the memo,” The boy gave an embarrassed chuckle, looking bashful. Maybe he should have tried to blend in a little more, but he honestly didn’t have any clothes that would make him look like he belonged at this concert.

Nate immediately extended his good hand for a handshake as the boy introduced himself. Kaz. Yeah, even his name sounded cool. It was good to finally have a name to place his savior. “Nathaniel Phillips – My friends call me Nate.” He gave Kaz a bright, friendly smile as he spoke, “Let me buy you a drink or something, it’s the least I can do after you saved my ass.” Honestly, he could do with a strong drink himself. It wasn’t everyday that the taller man got himself beat up. His eyes followed Kazmir’s gaze, grimacing down at his injured hand. He hadn’t expected it to hurt. It just went to show that Nathaniel was not cut out for what his fantasied rebellious lifestyle entailed.

“Oh, yeah. It’s fine.” Nathaniel tried to sound nonchalant, hoping to not embarrass himself any further in-front of the boy, though it was probably a wasted effort after the way he had acted after the punch. Hopefully a drink would dull the aching pain that still pulsated through his fist. The concern in Kaz’s eyes was unexpected and made the young man feel awkward. For some unknown reason he wanted to appear cool and suave in front of the other boy. Maybe it was because Kaz was the first person he had met from this world that was so detached from his own, and he desperately wanted approval. Despite his thoughts to leave this all behind, he still wanted to experience it. Even if it ended badly.

Nathaniel straightened up and absentmindedly brushed his shirt off in an effort to appear collected once more. He extended his hand out to the boy who was still on the ground, offering to help him get back on his feet.

• [that video was great omfg. it really isn't like how it is in the movies lmao]

as nate introduced himself, kaz mentally repeated the other man's name over and over as to make sure he memorized it. he didn't know why but he felt like this may not be the last time the two of them would meet. the mention of a drink instantly gained his attention and he looked as excited as a dog who had heard the sound of a crinkling chip bag. "i'll gladly take that offer for a drink." despite having money of his own, kaz wasn't really able to buy anything more than a beer. he tried not to bring too much money when he went out as he he knew he'd probably end up spending it on things he didn't need. not only that but he did lose a bet with one of his friends before nate had even arrived so a good chunk of his money was gone.

at the answer about his hand, kaz frowned a bit. he was quite positive that nate was not at all fine but he didn't want to ask any further. if he said it was fine that kaz guessed that it was fine, even though he was positive that he was just trying to hide his pain. shrugging, he accepted the other's answer, not wanting to push any further, "alright, if you say so. just a though, you should still definitely get it check out later just in case." kaz flashed a small grin, aware of the fact that nate was just trying his best to seem cool and collected in front of him. however, kaz was still willing to play along. he then watched as nate extended his hand in an offer to help him up.

without hesitation, kaz took the other young man's hand and allowed himself to be helped up, dusting off his jeans as he stood up. now that everything was calm kaz couldn't help but notice the height difference between the two. nate was at least a foot taller with the top of kaz's head aligning just a bit below nate's chin. kaz was always used to looking up at people his whole life, even his own sister who had 2 inches on him. out of everyone in his family, he was definitely the shortest. it just seemed a bit funny to him that a guy at nate's height was saved by somebody way shorter than him and kaz couldn't help himself from snickering at the thought. however, he'd quickly stop himself, seeing that he probably looked crazy laughing at nothing.

bounding up alongside, nate, kaz elbowed him playfully, "hope you're willing to cough up some cash, i've been eyeing some top shelf whiskey the whole night." it was almost like the fight hadn't happened. it was almost like the bruise and dried blood on his face didn't exist. it was clear that kaz was used to all the trouble and the risk. he made sure to flash a carefree yet joyful little grin before heading off towards the bar like a child heading to the cash register after getting all the candy they wanted.

PUP - scorpion hill

• ((Right?! It looks so cool in the movies but in real life it is so awkward lmao))

bw7RrME.gif

Nathaniel Grayson

Nate couldn’t help but laugh at the way Kaz’s expression changed so drastically at the mention of a drink. There was something about the other guy that was appealing to Nathaniel, maybe it was because he just seemed so carefree and friendly, but he wanted to spend more time with him, not wanting the night to end just yet, and so he was relieved when he accepted his offer. He could tell by the grin Kaz flashed him that he wasn’t buying that the taller boy was fine but was glad that he wasn’t going to push it any further. It was already embarrassing enough.

As the boy took his hand, Nathaniel pulled him up with ease and waited as he dusted himself off. This was the first time he could actually get a good look at his would-be hero. Kaz was shorter than him and didn’t look particularly muscular but was obviously strong enough to fight two guys at once. It was ridiculous how even with the advantage of being tall and well-built, Nate couldn’t fight his way out of a paper bag. What was even the point of working out if he got his ass kicked anyway? The blonde raised an eyebrow as the shorter male snickered but left it alone, instead grinning as he was elbowed in the ribs. It was baffling to the blonde how open and friendly Kaz was towards him, on their first meeting, in comparison to the guys who he had known his whole life, and called friends, that were so reserved and proper even if it was in private. It was a refreshing change of pace.

“A man after my own heart.” He replied bemusedly as he followed behind Kaz, coming to stand next to him at the bar. He really didn’t care about the price. Money had never been an issue for him before and he was ashamed to admit that he often didn’t check the price of stuff – Perks of growing up the son of an exceptionally wealthy neurosurgeon. As he signaled over the bartender and ordered their whiskey, he fished out his leather wallet and tossed some cash that was likely more than was needed onto the bar, watching as the drinks were poured with mild interest. Nathaniel handed the boy next to him his drink and raised his own in a mock-toast, “Here's to almost ending the night in a body-bag, hey?".

• [apologies for the late reply, i'm always pretty busy on the weekends]

as the drinks were poured, kaz couldn't help but grin to himself, both because he now had some expensive alcohol and also because of meeting a new potential friend. kaz was always the guy to strike up a conversation with any person who he came across but he never really got to see them again and it was almost always a one-off conversation but something about nate felt different, like he'd be seeing him again. whether it was the damage that was done to his head that was causing such thoughts or if it was true, he didn't care, nate seemed like a genuinely nice guy who probably needed some help in learning how to throw a proper punch.

taking his drink, kaz mirrored nate and lifted his own glass, "hell yeah! to almost dying." with a quick grin after his statement, kaz threw back the drink as if it were water and it was barely even more than a second before all the liquid was gone. slamming the empty glass down, his shoulders shuddered slightly as he stomached the alcohol and looked to his companion to see how he'd fare in drinking the whiskey. as he did, he then turned his attention towards the band that was playing, leaning himself up against the counter.

"been meaning to ask you, what's brought you here, anyway? bit of a rough place for somebody of your stature." the shorter man absentmindedly watched the crowd that was detached from the bar and main place; the sound of the band's loud screeching guitars and deep bass and drums carried over towards where the two young men were standing. the crowd all jumping in unison as the lead singer got into the more fast-paced part of the song being played. kaz then turned back around to, nate, waiting for an answer.

PUP - scorpion hill

• ((It's all good!)

bw7RrME.gif

Nathaniel Grayson

Nate couldn’t help but stare in disbelief at the way Kaz threw his drink back so effortlessly. He didn’t exactly have the best relationship with alcohol – To put it lightly, the blonde was a total and utter lightweight. It was embarrassingly really, how little alcohol he needed to get plastered. Normally he would nurse his drink over the course of an hour, but he felt a perverse need to impress the shorter man, and so he copied his movement without thinking, throwing his drink back. Grimacing, he let out a small cough as it burnt his throat. As the music grew, he watched over his shoulder as the crowd danced and jumped, a part of him wishing to join them.

“My stature?” He arched a brow at the man next to him as his attention was caught once more by Kaz, shifting closer to him to hear him over the band. Realising what he meant, he couldn’t help the light blush that crept onto his cheeks. Trying to avoid answering the question he didn’t really know the answer to, he beckoned the bartender once more and brought another round of drinks. “If I’m a hundred percent honest, I have no clue.” He admitted as he paid, feeling the shorter male’s gaze on him which he met as he turned towards him as he spoke. “I have no idea why I am here. I-I heard about it from some people at uni and I felt like I had to come – Is that crazy? It’s crazy, right?” Whether it was from the alcohol already hitting his bloodstream or because Kaz felt so open, he couldn’t stop talking. It was like the floodgates had suddenly swung open. “I have always wanted to experience this type of stuff and I was never allowed to because, well, if you met my parents you would understand and I just moved near here, so I thought what better time than now but obviously that was a dumb idea.” A low bitter chuckle escaped the tall man’s lips as he rolled his eyes at his own stupidity for coming to the concert where he definitely did not belong. Quickly, he realised he had basically just word-vomited all over the innocent man who done nothing but asked why he was here. Embarrassment washed over Nate, threatening to overwhelm him. He should have just left – Better yet, he should have never came in the first place. He took a gulp of his whiskey to calm his nerves, staring down at the amber liquid so he wouldn’t have to see the undoubtedly uncomfortable expression on Kaz’s face. Well, there went that potential friend.

as kaz listened to, nate, speak, he definitely got more than he had bargained for but he really didn't mind it. tapping his fingers against the bar counter, kaz simply nodded, taking it all in before saying something, "i see. i don't think it was a dumb or crazy idea for you to come here. ain't nothing wrong with wanting to step outta your comfort zone! anybody's allowed to have some reckless fun, in my book. i hear you about that parent thing, though. i've known some people with parents like that in the past. some pretty crazy things i've heard." kaz replied to nate as nonchalantly as possible, not having any problems with nate being a bit personal with him. in fact, he was quite glad for it.

seeing that their conversation was growing a bit more serious, there was a clear silence that was beginning to form between the two and before he could try and break that silence, the young man's attention was taken away by the band, once more as another band was now on stage. kaz couldn't contain himself from pointing them out, "hey! that's one of my favorite bands! i didn't know they were gonna be playing here!" a smile spreading across his face, he turned back towards, nate, "we should go get a spot in the crowd while it's all calm."

it was clear that all of nathaniel's words didn't chase him away, in fact, the openness of nate just seemed to attract him even more. it didn't take long before kaz was beginning to head over towards the crowd of people waiting for the band to set up and play. "come on! if you really wanna experience this type of stuff, then this crowd is definitely where you wanna be." kaz was like a bounding puppy, ready to go and seemingly full of energy. whether it was the whiskey he had drank or if it was the fact that he had met somebody new, kaz found himself with some new found joy. in fact, it felt like he could take on the world. perhaps it was the fact that he had found somebody new. well, maybe that mixed with the alcohol.

PUP - scorpion hill

• ((I was listening to some P!atd and this just reminded me of Nate about Kaz and wanting to be like him))

bw7RrME.gif

Nathaniel Grayson

Nathaniel looked up from his glass and stared at the shorter man in bewilderment. He didn’t seem like he was put off by his rambling or the overload of information he hadn’t asked for, in fact he seemed.. fine with it? It came as a shock to the blonde. Anyone else he knew would have made a hasty retreat – It had happened before, unfortunately. Kazmir was completely different from anyone he had ever known. The two boys couldn’t be any more different if they tried – Kaz was reckless, uninhibited, free while Nate would describe himself as the complete opposite; timid, anxious, bound.

Blue-green eyes widened as his new potential friend suggested joining the crowd. Oh no. Nate didn’t dance or ‘moshed’ or whatever it was called. He was about to protest when Kaz’s words echoed in his mind. Watching how joyous and carefree the shorter male was, it was hard to say no. And so, he quickly finished the last of his drink, ignoring the burn which didn’t seem as bad this time around, and followed after the energetic boy like a moth to a flame, coming to stand beside him after making his way through the crowd. He was out of his element but determined to give it a shot. The alcohol begun to work it’s magic, loosening him up and freeing his inhibitions, or maybe it was just the weird effect that Kaz seemed to have on him. Either way, he was going to make the most of his time here, vowing to just say yes to whatever Kaz suggested. Sober Nate could deal with the repercussions in the morning.

“I don’t know what to do.” Nathaniel leant down a little to speak to the man next to him, trying to be heard over the people talking excitedly nearby, but straightened once more as he remembered how Kazmir seemed kinda sensitive about his height. He didn’t want to offend him by looking like he was talking down to him.

• [that song fits really well? like, holy shit?? it's perfect for nate's situation, honestly. perfect theme song lmao 👌]

kaz couldn't help but grin at nate's confusion. the shorter man simply looked towards his companion and gave a simple shrug, "well, there's really nothing special, just let the music take you." looking back up at the stage, trying his best to see through the openings between the various bodies obscuring his view, he could see that the band had finished setting up. the lead singer took a moment to adjust the microphone stand and gave a few words of greeting and thanks towards the crowd. with a few taps of the drummer's sticks to set the tempo and count the band in, the music started without much warning.

first, the guitar, loud and screechy, then the drums deep and snappy with the snares and in the end the vocals with the bass. it didn't take too long for the crowd to get into the music as most of the people began to move in unison, jumping and singing along. kaz didn't take too long himself to join in with the crowd, looking to his companion to see what he would do. "come on! you don't even have to know the lyrics to enjoy it!" a smile spread across his face as he went along with the flow of the people.

one man went along in front of the two, a clear view of a beer bottle in his hand as he danced away from them somewhere else into the crowd. kaz watched as a few people made their way to the front and up onto the stage for a stage dive. one person getting carried over the two of them getting let down somewhere towards the back.

kazimir looked towards, nate, yelling as so he could be heard over the music and the crowd, "so, you havin' fun? 'cause i know i am!" it was clear that kaz had been in this type of situation before with how effortlessly he let himself go. with the whole crowd moving and jumping together in unison, it was hard for one to stay standing still unless they chose to be more towards the sides where the calmer of the crowd was. somewhere towards the side of them people had formed a small mosh pit, though, it wasn't as intense as some kaz had seen before.

some of the people nearby to kaz and nate had pushed over the crowd a bit as the small circle opened up, it was mainly more so just some light shoving and jumping around, nothing too bad. kaz tried his best to look over the shoulders of those who formed the circle, trying his best to see what was going on.

PUP - scorpion hill

• ((Praise be to Panic! for blessing us with Nate's theme lmao)

bw7RrME.gif

Nathaniel Grayson

Kaz made it sound so much simpler than it was, at least for Nate. He had always had trouble getting out of his own head and just moving his body to the music. Somehow, he doubted Kaz ever had that problem, the other boy seemed like he was good at just enjoying himself without fear of looking stupid. He watched his friend get lost in the music, looking like he knew exactly what to do, and so Nate decided to just copy what he was doing and hope for the best. Luckily, by the time the band had finished greeting the ecstatic crowd and the music had started, the whiskey had well and truly set in. It had completely numbed the pain in his hand.

It wasn’t long until the blonde was jumping along with the crowd, dancing without a care in the world and even singing along to some of the lyrics that he managed to pick up. Sober Nate may not dance but there was nothing Drunk Nate loved more – Except probably more alcohol. As he watched someone dive from the stage into the crowd he couldn’t help but let out a cheer as they were carried over the top of them. It looked so cool that he was tempted to give it a go but quickly got caught up in jumping along with everyone else. He was so lost in the song that he had almost missed what the shorter male said. “This is the best!” He shouted back with a grin, wrapping an arm around the other’s shoulders as he continued to jump and dance around. Nate couldn’t remember the last time he had been this happy in years ... or ever, really. Despite almost getting killed by two assholes, tonight would go down as the best nights of his life and he had even made a new friend out of it.

Leaning in to speak to Kaz, he paused and looked to where the other boy was staring. A group of people were shoving and jumping around but it didn’t look like it was an actual fight. Nate vaguely remembered reading that this type of thing happened at concerts. Normally most pits would have sent him running but the blonde thought fuck it. He had made a promise to himself to say yes to anything. “Do you want to go in?” He arched an inquisitive brow at Kaz but didn’t wait for his answer, already making his way through the throng of strangers to join the circle.

the fact that nate seemed to finally be opening up brought a smile to, kaz's face. it was definitely a new experience, hanging around somebody like nate. however, it wasn't a bad thing, he enjoyed being able to meet new people and nate was definitely new. he was a bit taken by surprise when the taller boy wrapped his arm around his shoulders, clearly on cloud nine. then, nate had saw that kaz was fixed on the small mosh pit next to him. when asked if he wanted to go in, kaz didn't have much time to reply before nate was already heading over, leaving kaz absolutely shocked. perhaps it was the alcohol that the other young man had drank but kaz was definitely not expecting him to be so raring to get into the circle.

following after, he found himself smiling the whole way there, laughing to himself as he watched his companion entered the circle with little to no fear. it was as if he had done it before. standing on the border of the circle, he watched those who were inside excitedly jump and run around, bouncing off of each other with some light shoves as the music became faster and rougher. looking around, he was able to spot, nate, and quickly headed over giving a small tug at his arm. "come on!" there wasn't much time given to nate to react before kaz was finding his spot and running around with the other people.

as a few people ran into him and bounced off of him, he grinned to himself. no matter how many times he had done something like this, he'd never get tired of it. he tried his best to stay relatively close to nate as to make sure he didn't get into any trouble. however, he doubted that he would as practically everybody in mosh pits were usually quite friendly and open.

finally, kaz would find himself bumping into nate after having being pushed over and smiled up at the other young man. "you sure look like you're having some fun!" however, as fun as everything was, the song was just as quickly over as it had begun and kaz returned to the border of the circle as everybody calmed down, waiting for the next song to play. taking out his phone, kaz quickly checked the time, it was fairly late but kaz had no problem with it, however, he was unsure on how long nate wanted to stay. as the next song began to start up, kaz once again found himself searching for nate, trying his best to look over and between people for his companion. finally spotting the taller male, kaz yelled out to him over the music, "how long you gonna be stickin' around?"

PUP - scorpion hill

The post was edited 1 time, last by bees?! ().