( work this body | private )

Check out some guideline updates for Traditional!
  • ✦ ✧ ✦ Sheepstar began to make a circle with his paws, patting down some grass and things until it was flat enough for both Shimmersong and himself to eat freely. The leader gestured for Shimmersong to come closer, pushing the mouse towards him so that the other tom could take the first few bites as Sheepstar wasn't feeling all that hungry.

"You're sweet..."

"And y-you seem to be cold." Sheepstar purred back to Shimmersong, positioning himself in such a way that he could hopefully shield the smaller tom from the cold winds of leafbare that were beginning to blow through the forest. "It w-won't be long until the forest i-is a winter wonderland..." The leader sighed, glancing about their surroundings as Shimmersong ate, lowering his head so that he could rasp his tongue over some ruffled fur on Shimmersong's neck, the tip of his tail twitching affectionately.

ezgif-4-cd9e0e09e434.png

in my body, i have a soft light

burning low, but too hot to hold

tags. | penned by snappy.

• just another nancy boy

✿✿✿

tags

"Maybe just a little," Shimmersong admitted, leaning down to take a bite of mouse. He hadn't realized he had been hungry. He couldn't remember if he'd actually taken the time to eat the previous night or not. He leaned into his mate's touch as the other tom leaned down to smooth the fur on his neck, but stuck his tongue out at the mention of winter.

"And then it'll be cold, and prey'll be harder to find," he sighed. "I hope it's not as bad as the last." He had still been a kit during the previous leaf-bare, and had plenty of memories of the lack of food, the cold, and the death of several of his denmates from starvation. At least he could make himself useful this time around instead of being stuck in camp. "At least I probably won't drown in snow this time around. Last leaf-bare I was so short I kept getting stuck in snowdrifts and had to wait for someone to fish me out. Or tunnel myself out like a mole. A very cold mole."

IT'S GONNA BE A FANTASTIC DAY

Shimmersong ☆ThunderClan WarriorTAGS PENNED BY PrinceMonroe

• ✦ ✧ ✦ As Shimmersong began to talk, Sheepstar glanced down with ears perked forwards, listening with a mushy glint of affection in his eyes. The winter was looming near; it was evident in the bitter hints of cold in the breeze, the grass turning from vibrant green to the dull brown that he associated so much with the coming of leafbare. The ground would soon be hidden under a layer of thick, powdery, cold snow. Winter was the only time Sheepstar was grateful for the warm curly fur that kept him so warm throughout the year.

"I w-wont let you drown, I promise." Sheepstar laughed softly, shuffling his paws as he scooted closer to Shimmersong, tail intertwining with the lynx point's. "If you g-get cold..." The leader leaned down to press his cheek against Shimmer's. "I'll always b-be here to warm you up." Cheesy.

ezgif-4-cd9e0e09e434.png

• just another nancy boy

✿✿✿

tags

Shimmersong gave an amused snort, lightly shoving Sheepstar with his shoulder. "Glad to know I'm safe," he purred. "If I sink again I might as well just build myself a den in the snow and live in it until the snow melts." The tom let out a contented sigh, tucking his paws underneath his chest. "At least I'll blend in more when I'm hunting," he said. "That's the only good part about snow." He paused. "I'd like snow a lot more if I didn't constantly feel like my feet were going to freeze off. And if it didn't clump up into my tail. Maybe I'll just turn into a snow cat this time around and really embrace being both short and cold on a constant basis."

• ✦ ✧ ✦ Sheepstar hunkered down, tucking his paws subconsciously under the curls on his chest as Shimmersong told his experiences in the cold. He shivered in response to the mention of the cold and the snow, ears falling flat against his head and his nose scrunching up at the thought of being freezing. "Winter was never my f-favorite season. I prefer spring, when e-everything is green but still cool e-enough where I don't overheat." The leader explained softly as he scooted closer to his mate, resting his head on the other tom's shoulder.

"No turning into a s-snow cat! I need you here, as a real cat...you would be cold a-all the time instead of just for a few moons out of the year!" The curly-furred tom pouted at the thought, shaking his head back and forth in vehement rejection.

ezgif-4-cd9e0e09e434.png

• just another nancy boy

✿✿✿

tags

Shimmersong nodded in agreement at the mention of spring. "Me too," he agreed. "It's not too hot, not too cold, and all the prey and flowers come back." He shuffled his paws. "I was growing some herbs for the medicine cats too. I picked the last of them the other day. I just hope we have enough." He smiled as the memory of Cloudpaw and Sunflowerpaw as kits flitted through his mind. They'd been eager to protect his garden, and now that they were both apprentices, he frequently left his herbs in neat piles just inside the medicine den for them.

Shimmersong let out an exaggerated sigh, leaning over to press his muzzle to his mate's cheek. "I suppose I'll stay as a real cat...for now. Maybe my tail will just freeze into a giant icicle. And then I can use it as a weapon." He snickered. "No one will dare sneak into our territory with me around, ready to jab intruders with my ice tail."