( work this body | private )

• ✦ ✧ ✦ "Shimmersong!" The voice of Sheepstar echoed through camp, the curly-furred leader emerging from the entrance. Eyes searching for the familiar form of his mate, the tom nosed through a few of the dens in search of Shimmersong. Unbeknownst to...literally everybody, Sheepstar had been working on something for Shimmersong, though he had to find his mate to actually give it to him. More searching, popping in and out of dens until he was left with just the warrior's den. Maybe he should've checked there first.

The leader hastily trotted over to the last den to search, ears perked forwards as he ducked into the shady den. "S-Shimmersong?" It was dark, Sheepstar having to squint to see if he could find the white and grey fur of Shimmersong. He should be here, right? It was the crack of dawn, so he should be here, curled up in his nest, hopefully just starting to wake up.

// .:Shimmersong:. <33

ezgif-4-cd9e0e09e434.png

in my body, i have a soft light

burning low, but too hot to hold

tags. | penned by snappy.

• just another nancy boy

✿✿✿

tags

Shimmersong was sprawled out within his nest. Deep within his sleep, he didn't hear Sheepstar call for him from the camp entrance, nor did he hear the leader going from den to den searching for him. He only realized that Sheepstar was looking for him when the leader poked his head into the warriors den and called his name. Stirring in his nest, Shimmersong slowly opened one eye. Purring when he spotted Sheepstar, the lynx point blinked open his eyes and stood up, stretching his legs before ambling over to his mate, a sleepy grin on his face.

"Yes, love?" he asked, leaning forward to nuzzle Sheepstar's cheek. He pulled back, and after failing to stifle it, parted his jaws in a yawn before turning his attention back to his mate, curious as to why the other tom had been searching for him so early in the morning.

shimmersong__transparent_by_princeriot_ddkzv3r-pre.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzkyIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNDA2ZDNlMDgtOTkyNi00Mzg0LWJlNzItMjg1ZWRiZDczM2MwXC9kZGt6djNyLTY0ZDkwOTY1LTcyYmYtNDA1NS1iMTcyLWZkOTk2YTQyNmJjOC5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.cGV6r-y-QjlZB81y38OmCUmP7zUzjztxDFzy022Vfaw

IT'S GONNA BE A FANTASTIC DAY

Shimmersong ☆ThunderClan WarriorTAGS PENNED BY PrinceMonroe

• ✦ ✧ ✦ "Yes, love?" There was the voice he recognized, the familiar purr of Shimmersong alerting Sheepstar to his location. The leader's mate was curled in his nest, looking bleary from sleep but mostly awake from his own calls. The lynx point pulled himself to his paws, Sheepstar meeting him halfway and aiming to butt cheeks with Shimmersong.

"I didn't m-mean to wake you so early, but...I couldn't r-really wait much longer." Sheepstar mumbled guiltily, giving the other tom a swift lick between the ears before turning on his heels, gesturing for Shimmersong to follow him. "I need to s-show you something and the mornings usually a-aren't as busy...if you w-want to stay here and sleep though, I won't drag y-you out of here. It is w-warm in here..." The curly-furred tom faced Shimmersong, an inquisitive glimmer in his eyes as he waited for his mate's decision.

ezgif-4-cd9e0e09e434.png

• just another nancy boy

✿✿✿

tags

”It’s all right,” Shimmersong assured him when Sheepstar apologized for waking him. “I like being up early. Besides, I think I’ve gotten enough sleep over the last few days to last the rest of my life.” Since injuring his paws, Shimmersong had mostly spent his time drifting in and out of sleep. It was about time he got back to his duties again—or at least as much as he could manage until they’d healed fully. They weren’t bandaged anymore, but they were still a bit sore, and stung when he moved too quickly.

Shimmersong tilted his head to the side when Sheepstar mentioned wanting to show him something. “Oh? What have you done now?” the warrior teased, purring good naturedly as he trotted out of the den. “Don’t keep me in suspense.”

shimmersong__transparent_by_princeriot_ddkzv3r-pre.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9NzkyIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNDA2ZDNlMDgtOTkyNi00Mzg0LWJlNzItMjg1ZWRiZDczM2MwXC9kZGt6djNyLTY0ZDkwOTY1LTcyYmYtNDA1NS1iMTcyLWZkOTk2YTQyNmJjOC5wbmciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.cGV6r-y-QjlZB81y38OmCUmP7zUzjztxDFzy022Vfaw

• ✦ ✧ ✦ Sheepstar was shuffling his paws excitedly, the tip of his tail twitching as Shimmersong pulled himself out of his nest and trotted out of the warrior's den, still ruffled from sleep. "I've d-done nothing! When h-have I ever done something bad?" Sheepstar sighed dramatically, shaking his head before bounding over to the entrance of camp, gesturing for Shimmersong to follow him out. Once his mate caught up to his side, the leader would slide through the entrance and wait for Shimmersong outside of the camp.

"I found s-something that you might like." The curly-furred tom purred as Shimmersong joined him, the tom leaning in to nudge his mate's cheek before trotting a few more feet away towards their destination.

ezgif-4-cd9e0e09e434.png

• just another nancy boy

✿✿✿

tags

Shimmersong shrugged, sticking his tongue out at Sheepstar. "I don't know," he said. "Maybe you have a whole secret life while I'm asleep." He playfully butted his head against the leader's shoulder before trotting ahead of him, stopping upon realizing that he had no idea where he was even going. He blinked curiously when Sheepstar explained what he had woken him for. "You did?" he asked, pleased that whatever Sheepstar had found had made him think of him "What is it?"

The post was edited 1 time, last by .:Shimmersong:. ().

• ✦ ✧ ✦ Sheepstar couldn't hold back the purr that was blossoming in his chest, a soft smile curling onto his maw as Shimmersong trotted ahead, stopping and waiting for the leader to take him to where Sheepstar had promised he would. The curly-furred tom gestured for Shim to follow with a flick of his tail. "Hmm...y-you're right, there's lots I haven't told you." So ominous, Sheep.

It didn't take long to get where Sheepstar was taking Shimmersong. Weaving through trees and ducking under bushes, Sheepstar finally stopped on the edge of a small clearing surrounded by autumn-colored trees. The floor, although cold, was blooming with wildflowers of all different colors. "A late f-flower bloom...it reminded me of you." The leader murmured affectionately as he slowly moved to the center of the clearing, surrounded by thousands of in-bloom flowers. Blue, white, yellow, purple, every color of flower imaginable was here at Shimmersong's paws.

ezgif-4-cd9e0e09e434.png

• just another nancy boy

✿✿✿

tags

As they finally set foot in the clearing, Shimmersong froze, his eyes widening in astonishment. For several seconds, all he could do was stand there with his mouth agape before he finally managed to stammer something out. "How did you--how did--" How on earth had Sheepstar found this? How had Shimmersong not found it? The tom's eyes lit up with pure joy as he took a small step forward to follow Sheepskin into the flower patch, eventually bounding forward to meet his mate, staring down at the flowers surrounding his paws in complete and utter bewilderment. He had thought they had all wilted away by now. That he wouldn't see a single flower again until newleaf came.

Shimmersong gingerly ran a paw over a few of the blooms, as if trying to make sure they were really there, and then turned to look up at Sheepstar. He stared, speechless, up at the curly furred tom before pressing his face into the fur on Sheepstar's neck, a loud and hearty purr rumbling within his chest.

• ✦ ✧ ✦ The stuttering, fumbling mess of words that came from Shimmersong took the curly-furred tom by surprise. He had stumbled upon the blossoming clearing by chance when he was out on a hunting patrol, making a mental note to bring his mate here whenever he got the chance. He hadn't dawdled around with getting Shimmersong here, he didn't know when or if the flowers would still be blooming by the time they had managed to slip away.

Sheepstar couldn't help but tear up as Shimmersong bounded forward, his face burying into the frizzy fur of the leader's neck. "I'm glad y-you like it...I f-found it while hunting and I didn't know h-how long they would last, so I made s-sure to bring you here as soon as possible..." The leader murmured affectionately as he dipped his head to give the lynx point a soft nudge, pressing his nose to the top of Shimmersong's head. "It's a special place...p-perfect for the most important c-cat in my life." His voice was mushy, almost too mushy as Sheepstar glanced down at Shim, eyes brimming with tears and a dumb, goofy grin on his face. He was in love.

ezgif-4-cd9e0e09e434.png

• just another nancy boy

✿✿✿

tags

Shimmersong's purr only grew louder as Sheepstar spoke. "You're such a sap!" he teased, butting his head hard into Sheepstar's shoulder and causing the other tom to tumble back into the flowers. Not that he could complain. Sheepstar flattered him, and Shimmersong felt like he could look at that stupid goofy grin forever and never get tired of it. His blue eyes glinted with tears and he pressed a single gray paw to Sheepstar's chest before leaning down to touch his nose to his mate's. "But you're my sap. I wouldn't have it any differently."

Shimmersong flopped down beside his mate, still purring as the flowers tickled his face. He rolled over to gaze adoringly at Sheepskin, a smile spreading across his muzzle as he watched the other tom through still glimmering eyes. "How did I ever get this lucky?"

• ✦ ✧ ✦ Sheepstar flopped back into the plush bed of flowers, the leader about to pull himself up, but was stopped by Shimmersong's paw pressing into his chest. His heartbeat picked up rapidly, the curly-furred tom's breath hitching in his throat as his mate leaned down to press his nose against his own. Sheepstar couldn't suppress the purr rising in his chest as Shimmersong laid down next to him, the leader rolling onto his side to better see the lynx point tom.

The other tom was looking at him with such affection that it made Sheepstar's heart ache. "Don't l-look at me like that!" Sheep whined as he covered his eyes with his paws, shaking his head as he turned away from Shimmersong, burying his face into the flowers so that almost his entire head was obscured by multicolored blossoms. "Shimmmmm..." Sheepstar buried himself into the flowers around him, embarrassed and flustered at the sudden rush of love aimed towards him.

ezgif-4-cd9e0e09e434.png

• just another nancy boy

✿✿✿

tags

Shimmersong could only purr louder as Sheepstar covered his eyes in embarrassment. "Too late!" Shimmersong chirped. "I've already started, I can't stop now!" The tom widened his eyes in an exaggerated adoring stare and immediately burst into a fit of giggling, burying his muzzle in Sheepstar's pelt. He flopped back into the flowers again, rolling over onto his back before turning to look at Sheepstar again. He stuck his tongue out at the curly furred tom and stifled another purr at his mate's embarrasment.

"Sheeeepp!" he mimicked, the grin never leaving his face. "I'm not gonna stop saying nice things just because you're embarrassed." He paused. "If anything, it motivates me to continue." The lynx point sat up and gingerly picked a few flowers between his teeth before allowing them to float down around Sheepstar. He leaned down to lick the leader between the ears. "I love you."

• ✦ ✧ ✦ Sheepstar groaned and playfully swatter at Shimmersong, the leader rolling onto his back and looking up at his mate. Haloed by the afternoon sunlight. Surrounded by the flowers that he loved, Sheepstar couldn't help but feel a surge of affection for Shimmersong as he stared up at him, paws moving to press against both of the tom's cheeks.

"I h-had a real question for you..." Sheepstar mumbled softly as he pulled himself to his feet. A rush of adrenaline, nerves. There had been another reason why the curly-furred leader had led Shimmersong to this spot, despite the fact that it was in its last bloom before the cold season killed off the delicate blossoms. Sheepstar gathered his thoughts, pacing back and forth for a moment before turning back to Shimmersong, ears laid flat against his head. "I've been thinking...a lot...and I wanted to a-ask you..." His voice lowered, the tom growing misty-eyed.

"Would y-you start a family with me, Shimmersong?" Sheepstar spat the question out quickly, his face growing flustered. "I mean, o-only if you want to! You don't...have to, of course, I was just...y'know, asking..." Way to screw it up, buddy.

ezgif-4-cd9e0e09e434.png

• just another nancy boy

✿✿✿

tags

When Sheepstar finally did speak again, Shimmersong grew silent for a moment. It wasn't like he'd never thought about having kits of his own. He'd always figured he could, though he had never been quite certain. And though he did want kits of his own, the idea also filled him with an anxiety he was unable to place or explain. It both made him want to jump for joy and shrink down to the size of a beetle at the same time.

If anybody other than Sheepstar had asked him that question, he would have immediately balked and shut the idea down instantly. But Sheepstar...the kits would be his. Half of Shimmersong himself and half the tom he loved with every fiber of his being. That would make the unease worth it. Perhaps lessen it, if not entirely vanquish it. And in the end, that was enough.A small purr began to rumble in his chest, Shimmersong leaning forward to nuzzle his mate's cheek.

"Yes."

• ✦ ✧ ✦ The seconds that followed Sheepstar's question felt like an eternity, stretching on forever as Shimmersong stared at him, round eyes wide and bright. He couldn't read the expression on his mate's face, the leader starting to worry if he had asked the question too soon. They had only been mates for a short time, but...Sheepstar knew what he wanted and he knew that he was going to spend the rest of his life with Shimmersong, or die trying. He wasn't a hit it and quit it sort of guy, he was here to stay, through thick and thin.

Through it all, Sheepstar would be there by Shimmersong's side the entire way. As Shimmersong got up to nudge his cheek, the answer that he could only dream from fell from the other tom's lips.

"Yes."

Sheepstar almost couldn't believe it. Tears, ones that he had been holding onto for his entire life, freely fell down the curls of his cheeks, the leader bursting into the widest grin he could muster. "I'm so...l-lucky. You...I..." His word were thin, emotions welling up in Sheepstar's throat as he pushed his nose into the crest of Shimmersong's forehead. "It doesn't have to b-be now...it could be next week or a million years from now, I just...wanted to know if it was possible, having a family with you, Shimmersong...it's all I ever w-wanted."

ezgif-4-cd9e0e09e434.png

• just another nancy boy

✿✿✿

tags

”I want it too,” Shimmersong told him, leaning into Sheepstar’s curly pelt. “I always have. I just...” He shuffled his paws, wondering how to explain his feelings to Sheepstar in a way that made sense. His own anxieties seemed stupid to him, a jumble of fears he barely understood himself. “It makes me nervous.”

It was all he could think to say, and he blurted it out quickly, turning his face from Sheepstar’s in embarrassment. The idea of being treated as a queen made the lynx point uneasy, and on top of that, he was nervous he wouldn’t make a good parent. He hadn’t exactly had the best frame of reference, after all. Melodyrose had been around for a short time, and before that all he had had was Belle, who he was terrified of even being the tiniest bit like.

• ✦ ✧ ✦ "It makes me nervous."

Sheepstar couldn't help but relate to his mate's words, his tail curling around Shimmer's body as he took a second to gather his thoughts. He knew what it felt like to be nervous, to not know the future, to not know if you would make a good parent. It was something he struggled with when he thought back to his own family, how his father left him, his siblings and his mother when they were not but a few days old. He wanted to be better than that.

"If it m-makes you feel better, I'll b-be with you every step of the way. It's o-okay to be nervous, I'm right t-there with you." Sheepstar whispered softly, aiming to give Shimmersong a swift lick to his cheek, leaning back into his mate to comfort him.

ezgif-4-cd9e0e09e434.png

• just another nancy boy

✿✿✿

tags

Sheepstar had confirmed Shimmersong's earlier hope of support, and Shimmersong turned back towards his mate, purring as Sheepstar licked his cheek. Shimmersong nuzzled into the crook of his mate's neck, purring quietly. "I know you will," he said. "That makes it worth it. You'll be a wonderful father, Sheepstar. I know you will." Shimmersong had no worries about Sheepstar. He never had.

And maybe Shimmersong himself could be a good father too. Sure his mother hadn't been great, and Melodyrose had vanished, but he had still had every cat in ThunderClan to help care for him. He could look to them as an example instead. Who cared about Belle? She wasn't here now. Even the twolegs had taken better care of him than she had.

• ✦ ✧ ✦ Sheepstar took a minute to soak up this point in time. Curled up with Shimmersong at his side, both of the toms content and comfortable for the moment. No murders, no death, no tensions with other clans, just peace and quiet, just...this. Each other, nobody else, just Shimmersong and Sheepstar.

The curly-furred tom pulled away after a few moments of calm, peaceful silence. "I h-have something for you." Sheepstar piped up as he left the other tom's side, tail flicking in anticipation as he glanced back over his shoulder at Shimmersong. "You h-hungry? I brought some mouse, if y-you want some, I thought...maybe t-this could be our first...d-date?" That sounded so clumsy and dumb, but he couldn't help but ask. It was hard to find time to slip away with his mate, being leader was such a drain on his time and energy.

ezgif-4-cd9e0e09e434.png

• just another nancy boy

✿✿✿

tags

Shimmersong closed his eyes, sinking into Sheepstar's pelt. He shivered as a cold breeze hit his muzzle, a reminder that there wasn't much time before the ground would be covered in snow. The lynx point let out a contented sigh, and the pair sat in silence until Sheepstar left his side. Shimmersong's gaze followed his mate curiously before trotting up to meet him, gently nuzzling Sheepstar as the other tom stuttered out his offer.

"I'd like that," Shimmersong purred softly, settling down beside the curly furred tom. They had never really had a first date together, and it would be nice to have it now. He had always enjoyed spending time with Sheepstar, and there was less time for that now that the other tom was so busy. "You're sweet."