muse a is an archaeologist and treasure hunter. he works for both himself and sometimes for museums and other private companies, including the government. exploring and adventuring is in his blood. his father was a treasure hunter while his grandfather was a historian and his grandmother an archaeologist. almost everyone in his family had a job that had to do with history or artifacts. ranging from digging up dinosaur bones to recovering items from old ship wrecks. muse b is a journalist. they're working hard to climb further up on the ladder and dream of having their own independent show all about showing off the world and reporting about different countries. almost everyday they dream about being able to travel and teach others but for now, they're stuck writing and talking about boring subjects they know nobody wants to listen to or read about. however, muse b gets their big break when they are offered a job they could only dream of. they are offered to follow along with muse a to collect information on their finds for a new show that is to be produced. of course, muse b gladly accepts and doesn't hesitate to travel across the ocean to meet up with their new partner. muse b thinks nothing of the job. all they know is that their partner is an archaeologist and that they'll get to travel here and there. they'll get to see new sights, meet new people, learn new things, and more importantly, they'll be able to kick back and relax. after all, their new partner is going to be doing nothing but dig up ancient vases, right?
okay, so the whole plot is going to follow the adventures of muse a and muse b and how muse b is going to get more than they bargained for. when muse b takes up the job to tag along with muse a they think nothing of it. after all, their partner is only just an archaeologist and all those people do is dig up old pieces of furniture and sometimes find some ancient temples. what they didn't know is how much trouble they're going to get themselves into. gunfights, fistfights, high speed chases, and just basically fearing for your life. muse a is used to the adrenaline filled adventures but muse b was definitely not prepared for all of this. they aren't skilled in anything dealing with survival. they don't know how to shoot a gun or more importantly, throw a punch but what they do have is persistence and they are not going to give up anytime soon, no matter how many times they are shot at. so, will our pair be able to survive their many danger filled adventures? or will they both find themselves cutting their travels short?
also, this is heavily inspired by the uncharted series and also indiana jones because, basically, i was on a plane for vacation last summer and watched indiana jones 1 and 2 to pass the time and now here we are. i'm also just a huge sucker for adventure based stuff :)
also, in a shorter summary, muse b has no idea that muse a is going to be taking them on all these life or death situations and basically thinks they'll just be shooting the breeze digging up a temple or something
- this is advanced so some lengthy posts with correct spelling and grammar are needed
- this thread will have some heavy topics including violence, alcohol, drugs [might be a part in the rp dealing with being drugged], abuse, and other similar serious topics so if you don't do well with such topics, i don't think this would be a thread you should join if you aren't comfortable with said topics
- i'd really like if you were to be active, if you know you're not much of an active person, this thread probably isn't for you
- swearing will be allowed
- the description of your character that i give is just a basic guideline. you can still make them however you want but be sure to still follow the guideline :)
- i'm known to disappear for a while so i apologize if i do. be ready for me to make an unscheduled return, however
- i don't mind how you make your form. but the basics are needed, such as appearance, name, age, gender, and stuff like that
- i plan for this to be a bit of a slow burn and maybe a one-sided crush for a bit at the beginning where muse b finds themselves attracted to muse a but muse a doesn't have the same feelings until later on... if that makes any sense?
- feel free to throw up sub plots and other things throughout the roleplay! i really love being able to create plots with characters! i'm also just a sucker for creating headcannons :)
- if you have any questions or comments, feel free to say something! i don't bite!
extra stuff and sub plots:
the roleplay starts with muse b having recently landed in cairo, egypt where muse a is currently staying for the time being. muse a is already almost midway in their journey. muse b meets up with muse a at a camp a few miles away from the main city. since it's their first time in eqypt, muse a offers to take muse b to go sight seeing in the city since the two of them will have to pack up and travel to india the next day. however, what muse b doesn't know is that muse a isn't the only one going after the ancient relic muse a is after and the two end up in quite a scuffle while going around the city. however, muse b has already taken the job and is in too deep to back out now. the object that muse a is after is an old compass that could possibly lead to the lost city of atlantis
as for side plots
- i was thinking of bringing a recurring henchman of the rival treasure hunter that muse a is up against. said henchman ends up changing sides and possibly joins the pair and aids them in their journey. either the henchman gets captured in the future or maybe even killed for being a traitor
- muse b gets kidnapped by the rival treasure hunter or perhaps both muse a and b get captured and have to escape?
- the two end up stranded somewhere
- muse a or b gets horribly hurt
[feel free to add some more to the side plots if you see fit! :)]
Name: shayne griffin 'ireland' lynch
Nicknames/Aliases: ireland, sean, irish, dr. lynch
- incredibly bold and usually always the one to take initiative. shayne usually is the one to start things instead of responding to them. also terribly hardworking, he will do practically anything to get the mission accomplished and isn't the type of person to give up right away. even though it seems as thought they might have failed, shayne will always find a way to turn it around and find a new solution. he is very persistent and will always somehow solve the problem no matter what.
- highly daring to the point where he can become reckless. he almost always manages to get himself caught in the most dangerous and deathly situations. at this point, his friends have learned to just trust him and not try to talk him out of it because no matter what you say, shayne is going to climb onto that moving plane and shayne is going to jump out that window. also very intelligent and calculative, he's a quick improviser and is known to make quick changes to the plan on the fly.
- observant, shayne is known to take interest in the smallest of details and keep them stored in his head for as long as he needs it. he has an incredibly memory which comes in handy a lot. charismatic and charming, shayne finds it easy to win people over. he's an easy guy to talk to and very down-to-earth. very witty with a good sense of humor that adapts to the type of people he's hanging around. never seems to run out of things to talk about and anytime you're around him you'll always find yourself cracking a smile no matter how down you may just be. just an overall fun guy to be around. he never has to force emotions and just doesn't have to force anything at all. if you want to either have a normal friendly chat or a heart-to-heart conversation, shayne is always available. however, he can sometimes be a bit of a cynic and may be hard to get to know when first meeting him but he'll always end up warming up to you in the end.
- shayne almost always has a witty comment to give whenever he's faced with a dangerous situation. he likes to get into the heads of his enemies and annoy them which definitely makes things worse for him. he can also be very snarky, especially when irritated. shayne can be described as a man who 'has a girl in every port'. he's not exactly a flirtatious kind of guy, well, that's what he likes to say about himself but others definitely have a different thought on that. shayne knows that he's an easy guy to fall for and he likes to be able to use that to his advantage. especially when it comes to getting information that he needs. however, this almost always backfires as he always ends up leaving a long line of angry women and men in his path who would do anything to punch him right in the face.
Accessories: shayne always brings along an old leather cowboy hat that was once owned by his great great grandfather that was passed down to his great grandfather, and then his grandfather who gave it to him on his 8th birthday. it has clear wear and tear but has clearly been taken care of well. the hat has gone through many repairs but still shows some damage here and there. he also wears a simple black cord necklace with his mother's wedding ring at the end of it and an old spanish coin that was a gift from his father. shayne would risk his own life for these accessories and he has on multiple occasions
Scars/Body Modifications: shayne has two tattoos. one is a tattoo of a plane. it's for his father who has a love of planes. even though shayne and his father don't always see eye to eye with each other, shayne still loves and respects his father no matter how strained their relationship may be. his second tattoo is a flower tattoo on his back for his mother who loved to garden and take care of different kinds of flowers. as for scars, he has many. almost too many for him to be able to keep track of. on his back there are five large whip scars on his back from a time where he was taken prisoner by pirates and tortured by said pirates. a small part of the top of his right ear is cut off due to torture from the same pirates. on his left palm there is a short scar from the time he was slashed on the hand during a fight he had with a opponent who had a knife. there are other various scars on his body from the same fight. there is also a deep scar on the bridge of his nose from a time he fell out of a speeding car. there are also very faint rope burn scars on his wrists from being kidnapped by a rival treasure hunter
Faceclaim: troy baker
• shayne has a very tense relationship with his father who was almost always absent in his life. however, he still loves his father dearly
• shayne ended up living with his grandfather and spent a lot of his childhood and teenage years living on his grandfather's ranch
• shayne was gifted a 10ft long black bullwhip on the same day he was gifted his leather cowboy hat. his grandfather taught him how to use the whip and shayne still carries it around, mainly for self defense and it's kind of like a lucky charm to him
• spent a lot of his childhood and some of his teenage years on a ranch allowed him to get to learn a lot about horses which led him to becoming a very skilled horse rider
• he has a horrible fear of being buried alive
• his mother disappeared from his life when he was 10 and news that she took her own life came when he was 13
• his father did actually abuse him for a short time when he was young due to alcoholism but, luckily, he ended up getting help for his addiction and the abuse ended as soon as he found help
• shayne still has a hard time forgiving his father for his past actions but he really respects him for being able to get himself help
• shayne did go on many trips with his grandfather and a few with his father. on rare occasions, his father would come back from trips he took alone with a trinket or two as a gift for shayne
• loves cats. if he didn't travel so much, he would probably adopt at least 5 cats
• shayne got into a lot of fights when he was a teenager. he lost quite a fair amount of them and won another fair amount of them. he wasn't unbeatable by any chance but he was very hardheaded and would always try to continue the fight even though he had already clearly lost
• can speak, read, write, and understand many languages including, russian, german, spanish, italian, mandarin, cantonese, some japanese, some arabic, some hindi, sign language, swahili, nepali, french, greek, some vietnamese, turkish, and a fair amount of swedish and dutch
• knows how to fly and fix at least several types of aircraft due to his father teaching him
• doesn't know how to fly a helicopter
• has an irrational fear of lizards
• his alcohol tolerance isn't exactly the best. he's able to hold his ground but not for that long
• his nickname mainly started out as a joke between friends as he's from ireland. however, the name would ended up sticking with him and he's now mainly known as ireland or irish
• he currently lives in new york city and is planning to move to canada whenever he gets the time
• very skilled when it comes to ballroom dancing but he never likes to admit it
• type of guy to put a band-aid over a gunshot wound and call it good
• knows how to play the guitar, piano, and the drums
• really good with kids
• would kill for some black berries
• "so, you got a plan yet?" "yup! 100 percent!" he, in fact, did not have a plan and was still working on it
• "shayne! what are we running from?!" "i'm not sure yet!"
shayne griffin 'ireland' lynch
shayne had just finished talking with the main manager of the camp about the move that he was going to make tomorrow. he would be driving from egypt to india and as if that wasn't enough for him, he would end up having to bring along some extra cargo and that extra cargo was to be a journalist. why he had accepted to be followed around on his adventures, he did not know... but then again, he couldn't really say no. the person who had chosen him to be partnered with the journalist had more so forced it on him instead of letting him have a say in it. shayne wasn't exactly too keen on having this person tag along, especially with the type of danger he almost always found himself in. however, it was too late to go back now. the journalist was supposed to be arriving soon. he had heard news of their plane recently arriving and while he was trying to get himself ready for his travels to india, he was also trying to get himself ready to deal with the burden of this new partner. right now, he was on the hunt for an ancient relic that is said to be connected with the lost city of atlantis. however, it wasn't like he could just go straight to greece and try to find the relic from there. there were clues spread throughout the world that led to it and at the moment, he was at least almost halfway through getting through all these clues of where it could be located. as much as he wished the clues could have just been spread throughout greece and not throughout the whole planet, there was nothing he could do about it. all he could do was follow them and hope for the best.
however, shayne wasn't the only one after this relic. a rival treasure hunter is also looking for it. a treasure hunter who would do anything to get his hands on the relic. this treasure hunter had his own private army, mercenaries, and a countless amount of weapons. so far, shayne had only one run in with the treasure hunter's mercenaries and thankfully, the run in was fairly quick but still quite tense. all that shayne really hoped for was to get to the relic before the treasure hunter and to not have anymore encounters with his thugs, especially when he was going to have an innocent journalist trailing alongside him. as much as he could hope for no encounters, there was no way he could guarantee that his journey would be without bloodshed.
shayne gave a heavy sigh at the thought as he made his way to his tent. however, the sound of a vehicle pulling up to the camp caught his attention. soon after the car had parked, a person exited and came up to him, "the journalist has arrived, dr. lynch. they're very eager to meet you." shayne sighed once again and gave a simple nod to the messenger who quickly returned to the vehicle to help with the journalist's luggage. the archaeologist stood in his spot for a while, thinking of what to say and what to do. after about a minute, he finally made his way over to the tan jeep. he could see the driver and the person who had told him about the journalist hurriedly trying to take luggage out of the vehicle and to a nearby tent. his eyes then wandered around the vehicle until he spotted what definitely looked like the journalist. they looked quite excited and as they stood next to the vehicle, they were frantically looking around for the archaeologist. seeing this, shayne made his way up to them and gave a friendly smile.
"i'm guessing you're the journalist who's going to be tagging along with me? i'm dr. lynch, but to hell with formal names. friends call me ireland, or irish. real name's, shayne, however." after giving his name, shayne stuck out his hand for a handshake. despite the smile he currently had on his face, he wasn't exactly insanely enthusiastic about this new addition. the man had enough things to worry about and an innocent human life was definitely one thing he didn't really want to have to worry about. just more weight to put onto his burdens, really. "sorry if the camp looks a bit of a mess, i've got some people packing up to head to india right now. one hell of a time for you to be arriving because i'll be making a drive all the way there." shayne then motioned towards those who were already packing things up, "as for the people already getting ready to leave, they'll be arriving in india in advance to get things set up before i get there. however, they'll be flying. i really hope you don't mind long drives because i plan to drive there as i've got some extra business to attend to on the way there."