ATTENTION! ONE AND ALL! {ANNOUNCEMENT THREAD}

• But we're a million worlds apart....

Firedawn, Warrior of Shadowclan

tagsstorageplottingmain

Firedawn had been pacing in front of the warriors den since returning from her dawn patrol. This was it. It was time to let her beloved clan know that she was going to be givng them more strong and loyal cats with one of their most loyal and noble warriors. To say she was nervous was a massive understatement. She had mentally noted that her emotions had become a whirlwind in the last moon. From joining Shadowclan, to being a warrior, to becoming mates with Flaxenglare, and now pregnant with the love of her lifes kits! There was a part of her that wished her family was here to see her. How happy her parents would be to be getting grandkits and her little sister would love to be an aunt! Maybe she could visit them one day. Her ear flickered to attention at the sound of the entrance, and she would smile in dazzling relief as she spotted the pelt of her love. She would bound over to him and nuzzle him endearingly before meowing soflty, "Ready?..." Once she got his confirmation, she would turn...and freeze.

What if the rest of the clan wasn't happy? What if they scorned her for mixing pure blood with a former loners? What if they ostracized Flazenglare for being mates and now fathering kits who would be half clan? She would look over to Flaxenglare for reassurance before she took a deep breath and meowed calmly,

"Shadowclan! Flaxenglare and I have wonderful news that we wished to share with you all. We....are expecting kits." As she said it outloud, a bright smile would illuminate her face. Her green eyes would become elegant jewels that sparkled with joy as she sat up straighter. Standing proudly beside her mate and absolutely glowing.

//

FLAXENGLARE  

SORRELSTAR  

Ratshadow

I DON'T NEED YOU TO SELL ME ON REASONS TO WANT YOU... —

Female + 11 Moons + Shadowclan Apprentice + Tags/Bio

• —— FLAXENGLARE ——

Soon to be King

Flaxen's response to panic and nervousness was to be grumpy. Grumpy he was - all glares and spitting words throughout his patrol, impatient to get home and furious with every second he was away from his mate. He was about ready to box some ears when the camp entrance loomed in sight. Flaxen tried his best to keep his head high, remain calm and poised, but he couldn't. Still young at heart and especially youthful to love, pushing through the camp entrance and seeing Firedawn race towards him was exactly what he'd been longing for all day.

He didn't react right away as she embraced him - never one for showing his feelings easily in public. But his tail had a mind of it's own and within a moment it was twined around fire's. He rested his nose on her forehead, breathing in her scent, rejoicing in her existence and her place beside him. Nothing felt more right than her right here, with him.

"Do you even have to ask?" is his response, a clipped snap with no anger whatsoever, and a roll of the eyes that is more amused than sarcastic. Of course he is. for her - he's ready for everything.

But his goal to remain like a reluctant, bad ass bf who didn't need no lady was thrown out the window when he sees her freeze, shaken with fear. He couldn't understand all these doubts she had about her heritage. All clans were made up of loners - hell, former loners made up Skyclan and Windclan's leaders, and most likely the others if he could be bothered to remember them. More so - Flaxenglare was half loner, seeing as his mom had come from a different clan altogether. Still, despite how silly her insecurities were, Flaxenglare wasn't about to let them ruin a day she was so exited about.

So, he swiped his tongue over her cheek, and again on her ear simply because he couldn't resist, and reminded her, almost chiding, "You're mine Firedawn." Don't forget we're a family. That's all I care about.

Flaxenglare's eyes would soften for once as, once more, her face brightens in that glorious way again. Seeing her happy makes him feel like he's just run around the entirety the clans' regions and not broken a single sweat. Powerful. Invincible. He fights the urge to take her cheeks in his paw and shower her again with kisses, to fuel that beautiful flame of hers for as long as possible.

But he turns his focus instead to the crowd, raising his chin - challenging anyone to tell him this was wrong, that he didn't deserve Firedawn. A smirk splits his face - to most, it looked like he was taunting the crowd, brandishing an smug expression that screamed 'haha losers I just won the greatest prize in the world and you're all CHUMPS'.

But to those who knew him - and that was mostly just Firedawn - his grin was a crack in his walls. A symbol of how utterly impossible it was now for him not to smile at all while in Firedawn's presence. If you looked really closely, you'd see that ugly smirk reached his eyes and made them beam in a way only the biggest and proudest of smiles could.

He was happy. He was exited. He was ready to take on the world with his love and his new family right by his side.

"Speech"

ddf4ehv-e42c1677-87a3-46fe-a0cd-e1d7797ed79a.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2NkOGJiM2Y3LTZkZjgtNDVkZC1hZGQwLTMzMjBmODVjMmQzYlwvZGRmNGVodi1lNDJjMTY3Ny04N2EzLTQ2ZmUtYTBjZC1lMWQ3Nzk3ZWQ3OWEucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.g7QM5yLOSrtEa8N6Vq205V3CkI7GvTIzed1WwO_2ZhQ

I'VE GOT TO BE IN THE ROOM WHERE IT HAPPENS!

Reference/ / Nightfire x Sorrelstar/ / Tags

• Children were something the molly herself at this point in time didn’t want, she wasn’t too fond of children to begin with... Most of them were too whiny and in general Dholethroat was just too impatient for the little things. But that of course didn’t mean others couldn’t.

She didn’t know either of that cats enough to feel anything when hearing their announcement, no excitement pricked at her paws or even eagerness. Instead the thought of aren’t these two a bit to young to be having kits? Hardly out of the apprentices den if she believed correctly. But it wasn’t any of her business she supposed. ”Congratulations.” She would murmur.

WELL I HEAR THE DEVIL CALLIN' ☆

GOTTA PAY HIM WHAT HE'S DUE

• of all the announcements, this one she has been expecting least, the one she's worried about, the one that perhaps in the back of her mind she'd known would happen sooner or later. they're still so young, she thinks, watching them murmur to each other, entirely absorbed in their own world. young, rash, brave little kids, so very much like another duo, long ago. she sees the way they move around each other, two pieces of their own puzzle, fitted together tightly. they look right together, her son and this girl, and she trusts him as she trusts her- no hearts will break save for the crack at the end of a final breath. they're in love, they're starting their lives off where they should always have the chance too, and she knows the announcement is coming.

it's just that when it does, she feels a heavy lump in her throat. somehow, someway, in a desperate, worrisome state, the thought in her mind every night of her mate's pregnancy, she had been convinced he wouldn't be able to conceive a child. she herself isn't able to, though she desperately wishes she can, so lonely it is with no lasting blood-kin, and she thinks in the darkness that maybe her children will take on this trait too.

but they are not her own- not by blood, not biologically -the offspring of some kind npc, and they are strong and able to bare children. the words reach her ears with a dull ringing, and all she can see is the sparkle in their eyes. green and gold fit so nicely together, alit with the fire of a new kind of love, and her son is beaming in only the way a mother can recognize, his mate positively glowing beside him.

she begins to cry.

how overwhelming this is, among all the other things, when emotions are bubbling so near her surface at all times now, ready to spring when called upon. they look so desperately in love, these two, with their soft touches and the silver aura of absolute happiness radiating from around them. she stands in the back, tears on tracks, wetting her face, reddening her eyes, and she doesn't hide them, for how can she, if they are happy. she cries for joy, for sorrow, for everything in between, silent but stormy. "oh my son, my flax, darling fire..." her words breathe out with shaky air, and she moves closer, turning to nuzzle each in their turn. "congratulations, my loves."

BUT HERE I AM WITH ⁎⁺˳✧༚ ARMS UNFOLDING

sorrelstar ——– shadowclan leader, tags, 4/9 lives, penned by lavendes

• ✦ Stepping up to the happy couple, Wolfpaw grinned.

"Congratulations, you guys!" he said.

He and Zaeya- Firedawn, he reminded himself- always had pleasant interactions. Her kindness was always spread out to each member of the clan, and she had to have a lot of patience to be with Flaxenglare. She definitely filled the mother role well.

As for Flaxenglare... by nature, he was technically a dad, Wolf supposed. The way he was around Firedawn was a stark difference to how Flaxen acted around Wolf. He guessed Firedawn brought something out in the angry tom. It almost made Wolf want to laugh at how lovely-dovey he looked.

Wolf leaned into Flaxenglare's ear, and whispered, "Seems like last meeting you guys are warriors, and now you two are expecting? You act fast, buddy!" A toothy grin followed the snide remark.

YOU CAN BE A WALKIN, TALKIN, BREATHIN BALL OF FIRE !

7 moons┇ shadowclan ┇ tags ┇ ic opinions ┇penned by pastel

• I REALLY THOUGHT THAT I WAS LUCKY

tantrum lifted his head suddenly; he had been sulking a bit silently in the corner, once in a while eyeing the two that were embracing the moment flaxenglare walked in. he didn't like to tell firedawn to her face but he just felt something off about this. yes, he could see the change in both of them when they were around each other, but he just felt unbalanced, ditzy especially whenever he heard flaxen's sharp tongue directed towards anyone. frankly, he did not like that cat. they hadn't even talked all that often and he knew that if he tried again he might lose his temper. he just really cared about firedawn and wanted her to be happy. so why did this irk him so badly? through gritted teeth, the large black tom stepped closer to them after he heard the announcement. what he had heard the other day was true; his friend was, in fact, expecting. it felt like wind was howling in his brain, tripping him up, but he managed to let out a, "i'm happy for you." meeting more of firedawn's gaze than the other's.

tags / "speech."

SO EXCUSE MY TANTRUM

CAN'T YOU SEE I'VE GOT MY HANDS FULL?

tags. / 20 moons. / shadowclan warrior. / played by cory.
    pfp art by @rook.spirit on instagram

• DIAMONDKIT

Dia didn't want to turn this happy news into a moment of tension, so she chose to avoid Flaxenglare entirely and instead padded up to Firedawn. The molly had always been exceedingly kind to her, even when Dia's older brother had become her mate, and the kitten felt comfortable expressing her congratulations to the older girl. "Firedawn, what exciting news," she purred quietly, gently flicking her plumed tail from side to side. "I'm really happy for both of you." She paused, casting a quick glance toward Flaxenglare and hoping he hadn't yet noticed her. "If you ever need a babysitter, I take payment in snacks." A lopsided smile spread across the girl's features as the joke landed, and she dipped her head to the happy couple before beginning to back away, continuing to watch from a respectful distance. A family. Two parents, children. It pained her a little, to see the brother who hated her so starting his own family, but she quickly pushed those feelings away. Everyone deserved happiness in whatever form they could find it, and Nightfire's death had proven to her that life was too short to dwell on the things that lay beyond her control. Flaxenglare and Firedawn were happy, and that was what mattered in this moment. Her congratulations were sincere, and she hoped she'd be allowed to meet their children when they were born.

[ tags ] -- [ penned by dalarna ]

Dia-left  Dia-center  Dia-right

DIAMONDKIT

ShadowClan -- ♀ -- 4 moons

[ tags ] -- [ penned by dalarna ]

• "kits having kits," he drawled out with a flick of his large tattered ear. needlethroat never considered for a second that some cats would jump into relationships. he never thought that apprentices would be fucking each other out in the middle of the forest and getting each other pregnant. but he supposed it was just him that didn't care to knock up some apprentice. oh, but they were warriors now weren't they? eleven moons old? was that truly considered an adult? could they truly raise a set of kits properly? his mother hadn't been able to. of course she hadn't wanted him or his siblings.. they were forced onto her by some rather unsavory methods. although if there was someone he would ever choose to have a family with.. she was gone now. he missed the way his throat tightened up and his paws went cold went she stood near him or spoke with him. but with her a relationship, let alone kits, were out of the picture. he wouldn't make for a good father anyway. "nevertheless.. congratulations."

you're not a very good person, are you? - tags

• YOU JUST WANT ATTENTION && shadowclan &tags

Springhawk hadn't really been paying much attention to what was happening in Shadowclan. But then again, the older molly always kept to herself. She had wondered if she should find the time to get to know the shadowclan members. But the molly was old and she knew soon that she was going to join Starclan. But for now, she was alive. She came up behind the others, as it seemed Firedawn and Flaxenglare were having kits. It wasn't that long ago that they were apprentices. She kept her mouth shut as she was unsure what to think. After hearing Needlethroat's comment, she could help but agree. Kits were having kits. She had wondered if Cedarpaw was ever going to find a crush and have kits. Her daughter was only 8 moons old. "I suppose congrats is in order."

"speech."

UrmGcJO.png

i got the whip, got the pitch, gotta keep it undercover

ALL UP IN THE CLUB, JUST TO LIVE IT UP

springhawk ☆ maine coon-bengal mix ☆ warrior ☆ shadowclan ☆ tags

• —— FLAXENGLARE ——

Soon to be King

He nods curtly to Dholethroat, but his attention is quickly overtaken by his mother. "Dear Starclan, are water-works really necessary?" he asks with a deep sigh, irritated but mostly for show. She probably never expected her angry son to ever fall in love, let alone give her grandkits. Especially not so soon. But here they are, and here she is crying her eyes out. Flaxenglare can't really tell if she's upset or happy - it makes his pelt itch that he's unsure. He wants her to be just as happy as he is - just as exited. And she is, and he can tell the second she nuzzles into him. He can't help but press his nose into her ear, closing his eyes against a dizzying wave of emotion.

He wants to tell her so many things.

He wants to thank her for approving of Firedawn. He wants to beg her for advice on how to raise little monsters. He wants to tell her he's sorry for how he was as a kit...how he still is. He wants to ask her...what would Nightfire have felt? Done? Would Night have approved?

But mostly, he wants to tell his mother that it was all because of her. No matter how screwed up the family got in the end (at least in Flaxen's eye) it can only be thanks to Nightfire and Sorrelstar's positive relationship that Flaxenglare knew what to look for in a mate.

He wants to tell her all of this, but he doesn't. He's just not that kind of a wuss.

Maybe later.

Then his apprentice is coming over, whispering in Flaxenglare's ear. And, being the rather youthful soon to be father he is - an arrogant one at that - Flaxenglare can't help but smirk back at Wolfpaw. "You think I was going to wait?" he barks, shoving Wolfpaw away in a rough-housing manner, "she was a moss ball in my paws" he adds, this time just between him and Wolfpaw. He neglects to mention that the truth was HE was the moss ball, bending without hesitation to the gentle force that was Fire's embrace.

No one needs to know how quickly he fell for her though.

But the festivities can only last so long when the relationship is borderline taboo. Flaxenglare's temper would first alight when he spots Tantrum. He's seen the way Tantrum looks at Firedawn. While most cats might refer to it as simply the care of a friend, Flaxenglare isn't so sure. Flaxenglare - a teeny weeny part at least - wanted to believe he was overreacting with Tantrum. That he shouldn't treat the guy so cruelly when he never actually crossed Flaxenglare. But the more he catches the dark male looking at Fire, the angrier Flaxen gets. He looked at her that way once, too. Look how quickly that became this.

And suddenly, dark thoughts bubble up.

Matters are not helped when Diamondkit appears, congratulating Firedawn and completely rebuffing Flaxen. Normally, he couldn't care less - this was Firedawn's day more than it was Flaxenglare's, but Diamondkit being here at all made him grind his teeth. Because wherever Dia was, Hornetsting was not far behind.

And the dark thoughts just got darker.

He has to fight the urge to shoo Diamondkit away, suddenly feeling defensive - as if Diamondkit were riddled with plague-bad diseases. Which in a way she was - her very existence was an idea he didn't want Firedawn having.

Flaxen wasn't going to share.

Never.

Anger and protectiveness growing by the second, Needlethroat's comment bends the first straw. "Yu want to say that again?" he spits at the warrior, fur beginning to rise. He didn't appreciate such a comment - the implication that this might not have been a good idea. I mean...technically it wasn't ever really an idea - it just happened.

But Flaxenglare would be DAMNED if he let anyone tell him his family was a mistake.
    The straw is twisted yet again with Springhawk, whom Flaxenglare barely sees around much less respects her at all as the clan-hopper she is. "You suppose?" he hisses back, agitated with his blood reaching a boiling point. When had kits suddenly become a bad thing? He wants to box their ears for their passive-aggressiveness, the only thing holding him back being that he doesn't want to make things worse. But obviously his ability to manhandle his anger into control is failing - and fast.

If one more person comes over here and so much as thinks taboo...Flaxenglare isn't going to hesitate to defend his family's honor.

"Speech"

ddf4ehv-e42c1677-87a3-46fe-a0cd-e1d7797ed79a.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2NkOGJiM2Y3LTZkZjgtNDVkZC1hZGQwLTMzMjBmODVjMmQzYlwvZGRmNGVodi1lNDJjMTY3Ny04N2EzLTQ2ZmUtYTBjZC1lMWQ3Nzk3ZWQ3OWEucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.g7QM5yLOSrtEa8N6Vq205V3CkI7GvTIzed1WwO_2ZhQ

• lgNooyt.gif Ratshadow had been returning from a border patrol with Firedawn caught her attention. Kits? The senior warrior thought they were also a little young to be having kits of their own. But there was nothing she could do about that. They were both young, just warriors. But if they work together, she was sure these kits would come out strong and healthy. The scarred molly sends her hopes to Starclan as she pads on closer.

Approaching the couple till she stood in front of the newly claimed queen. Ratshadow was not one to have expressions but the stealthy molly allowed a soft smile to crack on her features. "Congrats Firedawn. You are a talented, strong, and very caring she-cat. These kits are lucky to have you as a mother." the former leader said, aiming to give a supportive lick on their ear. She was very proud of her apprentices. She then turned to Flaxenglare, "These kits are also lucky to have such a strong and passionate father. You two will do well. And Shadowclan is always here for you two." she finished, making her way towards Sorrelstar.

"Now Sorrelstar, don't you go crying." she teased, looking over her former mentor. Shadowclan had grown so much, with cats coming and going. But she was glad she still had Sorrelstar around. "Grand-kits. Ha, look how far you've come my dear friend."

shadowclan senior warrior 29 moons girl berrybreeze x npc tags

shadowclan senior warrior 29 moons girl berrybreeze x npc

roleplayed by decaying - TAGS

WnbKd3M.gif

• Hornetsting lay against the icy mud, grooming down the fur on his muscular limbs before the call of Firedawn lifted into the air. His bottom jaw going slack as she informed the clan of her pregnancy. Great Starclan, they were young, he was sure the rest of the clan thought so to. He didn’t have kits till his mid-twenty moons, just like his parents. Sure, some cats aged faster mentally but could that really be said of Flaxenglare?‌ that dynamite with the shortest wick he’d ever seen. Some things he just shrugged his shoulders to, a trait he had contracted from his father. Sorrelstar looked so happy though, an antidote to long moons of suffering it was. The loss of Nightfire were the loss of a limb, things would never be balance again.

His golden daggers following his daughter as she made way to congratulate the couple alongside her clanmates. A smile resting before his teeth, but the moment Dia backed away, something dark crossed her features. So quickly but not without his notice, his smile vanished, and desolation glinted in his eyes. Was he a good father? his heart turned to ice in this moment. What if I’m just as cold and neglectful as Caledon was. Afterall, no matter how hard he tried, he could never be as good a parent as Waspwing.

Hornetsting’s muzzle twitched, his brows wrinkled into his signature scowl, painted by genetics and mirroring the old tyrant. Having ran away from love his whole bloody life, and here he was living the life of a single father widow. Who was he to teach Dia happiness when such a thing he didn’t speak fluently. He had tried to break it off with Nightfire, but the hurt in her eyes he could not swallow. They had paid the price of their mistakes. Why did Dia have to suffer? you could tell, the surface of her marble life was cracked and he only himself to blame.

The winter guardian lifted himself to his ebony paws, finely corded muscles danging beneath his frame as he made for the couple. Flicking an ear as Flaxenglare snapped to Springhawk. She’ll learn to ignore him, Hornetsting rolled his eyes and turned his gaze to the fiery molly as she stood beaming "Congratulations, m’dear. You’ll make for a wonderful mother, sweetheart" he dipped his head with a curved smile, aiming to touch his nose to her shoulder in silent congratulations. "Flaxenglare will be a … strong father" he turned not his gaze to the striped son of Sorrelstar, but merely agreed with Ratshadow. Turning away, he made with a saunter for his daughter whom he seated himself by, aiming to drape his tail across her shoulders to keep her warm. He needed to talk to her, he knew, an apology seated on his tongue numbing his soul.

• YOU JUST WANT ATTENTION && shadowclan &tags

The older molly looked at Flaxenglare's reactions to what was being said around him. She rolled her eyes a bit. She knew that she had waited a bit to have kits of her own. But then again, she remembered her boys were probably around his age again. But then again, she was much older. She was already 50 or so moons by now. "Yes, I suppose. I might still be new to Shadowclan. But I've never expected such hostility." The older molly turned her head as soon as she noticed Hornetsting. She gave him a soft smile before turning her head toward Sorrelstar. "I apologize Sorrelstar. But i've never met such hostility. Thou, I should've expected it, since apparently, I'm not trusted. But whatever." She stood up and walked away.

/out! & also ic opinions.

"speech."

UrmGcJO.png

i got the whip, got the pitch, gotta keep it undercover

ALL UP IN THE CLUB, JUST TO LIVE IT UP

springhawk ☆ maine coon-bengal mix ☆ warrior ☆ shadowclan ☆ tags

• Needlethroat's comment receives a small chuckle of amusement from the brown tabby, and like Springhawk she really couldn't help but agree. She had been thinking it, but had avoided stating it out loud. She didn't know Flaxen well but words of his... temper had gotten to her ears and she figured this wasn't something worth arguing over. And as expected, the tom didn't exactly appreciate both of the felines very small comments.

She swore if these kits had half the temper this tom carried with him ShadowClan would be in for it.

"Snapping at Springhawk was rather uncalled for." And Needlethroat. Perhaps snapping at him was more reasonable, but she wasn't sure what the two felines were expecting. If anything the concern about the parents being too young shouldn't be taken as an insult by them, but instead cats just being concerned for both them and their litter. Dholethroat didn't... exactly like kits admittedly, but she seen queens and fathers on the daily working their rears off to parent their children.

Flaxen and Fire were hardly out of the apprentices den. Hardly adults themselves. How indeed were they going to handle this, even if they worked together?

"Cats are just concerned Flaxenglare for both you, your mate, and your up and coming litter. You both are hardly adults yourself and you both are being tasked with raising children at a considerably young age." She wasn't trying to stir up anymore outrage, instead she was just trying to... perhaps get the soon-to-be father to understand where perhaps the two cats opinions were coming from along with her own. After all, Springhawk herself was a mother correct? She knew the hardships of parenting. She had a right to be skeptical.

She hoped the two cats would prove their concerns to be wrong, prove that they had no reason to be worried.

She looks after Springhawk as the feline walks away with a small frown, she hadn't been actively around the clan much for her opinion to weigh much, but if it mattered to Springhawk, Dholethroat trusted her. She had given ShadowClan no reason not to trust her so far. With a small sigh, she pads away off to do something more productive.

//choppy ass post s o rr y sdhbshgds

WELL I HEAR THE DEVIL CALLIN' ☆

GOTTA PAY HIM WHAT HE'S DUE

• —— FLAXENGLARE ——

Soon to be King

Flaxenglare sneers immediately at Springhawk as the cowardly riverclanner huffs about the injustice of Flaxen's reaction. How she expected to not meet such hostility only proved her ignorance of the betrayal she commited to Riverclan and the distrust she was to be met with at least by cats wise enough to consider it like Flaxen. But this hadn't been about her backstory - Flaxenglare was just pissed she'd act so passive aggressive when this was supposed to be a happy occasion - a time for Firedawn to truly celebrate this future of hers. She had ever right - no, she deserved to feel happy and special - not like a teen who messed up and ought to be chastised!

Ratshadow does a good job in soothing some of Flaxen's nerves - her support and playful jests towards Sorrelstar are exactly what Flaxenglare had been hoping to receive for Firedawn, and hopefully, should his mate be upset, it'd be enough to reassure her that this was a good thing.

He doesn't like Hornetsting's presence here, but he does nothing to drive the man away as he adds to the positivity - at least for Firedawn. But he doesn't particularly care for any congratulations from him so it's fine by Flax if he keeps his distance.

"She should know to say it in private then" is his response, bitter and unsympathetic to Springhawk's side. To Flaxenglare, Springhawk had spat in the face of his family with that unnecessary addition to her congratulations - if she didn't want to be supportive then she could keep her damn distance! But to walk right up to them and spew her opinion and taint this occasion - you bet your arse Flaxenglare wasn't going to take it sitting down!

Turning his attention away from the women, Flaxenglare would press closer to Firedawn, trying to ease the crackling tension in his fur before it gets out of hand again. "When should she start living in the nursery?" he asks Sorrelstar and Ratshadow, who have far more experience than he on the matter.

"Speech"

• ✦ Wolfpaw took a few steps back from Flaxenglare. The grown cats were talking now, it seemed; or, atleast, the cats that were 'grown' in context of their warrior name only. It was almost funny to watch all the warriors drama. Though, Wolfpaw guessed it was only funny when it wasn't happening to you. Watching Flaxen being put on blast was a lot more entertaining before he was a mentor.

"An awful lot of cats are leaving, huh.." he said, hoping that no one could hear his comment.

He hoped Sringhawk and Dholethroat had fun, where ever they went. He flicked his tail.

At the mention of the nursery, his gaze went back to Flaxenglare.

"From how a lot of cats are talking, you two are already living in there...." he grinned.

YOU CAN BE A WALKIN, TALKIN, BREATHIN BALL OF FIRE !

7 moons┇ shadowclan ┇ tags ┇ ic opinions ┇penned by pastel

• ✦ ✧ ✦ sunshine seems to beam from the lithe warrior as she makes her way over in time to hear the news. immediately she smiles, eyes narrowing sunnily as she bounds up to them, nodding to the new mother. "kits? great starclan, congratulations, firedawn! and congratulations to you too, flaxenglare. i'm sure you'll both be wonderful parents." she doesn't know what tensions she's walked into, but her cheerful words are aimed primarily at firedawn, who has been standing there, observing flaxen's words. "let me know if you need any help. i help out in the nursery a lot, so just find me if anything is up. wow, i'm just so excited for you two!" perhaps her constant stream of talking is not helpful, but the girl is just so excited. hazelmist has loved children ever since, well... forever. they're just so fun and nice to play with, and they do say the cutest things. the thought that these two are too young doesn't even cross her mind. if she'd known what the conversation had been about, perhaps she'd have butted in with a comment about how they'd decided it was time. honestly, her clanmates should respect that! but she doesn't know, and so she simply beams at the couple, tail twitching.

☾*: SHE'S ABSOLUTELY SMITTEN —————

SHE'LL NEVER LET YOU GO

hazelmist / female / tags / PENNED BY lavendes

• But we're a million worlds apart....

Firedawn, Warrior of Shadowclan

tagsstorageplottingmain

Things had been happy, so happy that tears had begun to form in the queens eyes as well as she was greeted with nuzzles and words of congratulations. But something was...off. Those who were close to the couple were sincere, that was clear. But the others.

Firedawn, ever since she had been young, seemed to have a gift of telling what a cat was really feeling but what their eyes gave off. Any cat could spew congrats and give fake smiles, but the look in the eyes, the real deep look, most cats couldn't fake that. So when the others came up, giving their smiles and their congrats, she could see it. That doubt in their eyes. She knew it. She had felt it herself when she had first found out she was pregnant. She looked down at her paws as Flaxenglare spoke up for them, defended her and their family, but all she could feel was guilt. This was all her fault. The whispers, they were all because of her. She had almost drowned in it all, but then she felt Flaxenglare press against her, and her head snapped up. She blinked as Wolfpaw and then Hazelmist bounded up and she couldn't help but smile at them both. And mentally thank them. She would take the sight before her in once more. All of these other cats who cared, who were genuinely excited for her and Flaxenglare. She would entwine her tail with her mates in support and she would meow loudly enough for the crowd to hear, yet still retained her humble and soft spoken tone, "I...WE understand your concerns in regards to our age. But as Dholethroat stated, we are adults. Newly adults, sure, but adults none the less. How is it, that we can be expected to swear that we are ready enough, mature enough, stable enough, to fight and die for our clan like our warriors' oath had us swear too and yet not be old enough to have a family?" She would blink at those around her and smile warmly, "I hear your concerns, and I will heed them, but as my mate said, any concerns that soured this moment for us should have been voiced in privacy. Being old does not always make you wise." She would then look over to Dahliapaw and Sorrelstar, "Any support you are willing to give to us will be beyond appreciated. Flaxenglare WILL be a great father, If I have no doubts about anything, it is in that." She would then smile at her mate as she meowed happily, "I'm assuming I'll move in once my walking turns into waddling."

I DON'T NEED YOU TO SELL ME ON REASONS TO WANT YOU... —

Female + 11 Moons + Shadowclan Apprentice + Tags/Bio