something always brings me back to you -- twoleg object

• BEARPAW

Bearpaw knew that he had been... less than active in the past moon. He'd taken his father's injury hard, and Sparrowflight's descent into depression had torn him up on the inside. He wanted his mentor to be happy, to see the light in her eyes again, and it had crushed him to know that she was so broken by the loss of her own mentor. He hadn't begrudged her the time she needed to take to begin recovery, but it had left him with a great deal of time on his paws. While he found some solace in practicing his hunting and fighting on his own, he'd also found that he had the tendency to take on the emotional burdens of those around him until it crippled him. He'd been trying so hard for so long to carry around his guilt at letting Birdpaw be so badly injured all those moons ago, his fear for his father's life and sorrow for his stepping down as leader, his heartbreak for his mentor's great loss. His heart was at capacity, and still he felt deeply for those around him. He'd needed some time away from anything more than the most terse conversations with his Clanmates to figure out how to handle himself.

But now he was back. He felt more at peace with himself, with his capacity for love and pain, with his own discomfort in his large body. And he wanted to get back into the swing of things. "Hey, look what I found!" Bearpaw called, depositing a strange object in the center of camp. He'd picked it up while he was meditating over by the gorge, and was confused about what it might be. It was clearly a Twoleg object, he thought, but the gleaming metal rings and tough nylon straps confounded him. The whole contraption was quite large, and despite his best efforts couldn't be torn apart. It was clearly intended for some heavy-duty stuff, but he hadn't the slightest idea what it could be. "Anybody know what this is?"

// tldr; Bear's been working through some stuff, and found a climbing harness near the gorge! classic twolegs, always climbing shit

[ tags ] -- [ penned by dalarna ]

Bear-left Bear-middle Bear-right

BEARPAW

WindClan -- ⚦ -- 6 moons

• Birdpaw had made an internal vow to visit her brother in the apprentice den when she moved to the medicine den, and the girl of night's hue had felt increasingly guilty about the fact that she hadn't kept that promise. She loved her brother, being perhaps close to him than anyone else in the clan (even the medicine cats whom she'd come to appreciate as a second family), and she wished she had more time to spend with him. Delicate paws kissed the ground barely making a sound as she approached him upon hearing his call. Her limp had disappeared now, with her leg fully healed. And though she would have to be careful with the fragility of her skeleton from now on, she would never blame Bearpaw for what had happened to her. It was her and that twoleg's fault, not anyone else, and she'd never be afraid to let that opinion known.

The scent of twolegs accompanying whatever object he had with him immediately set off mild alarm bells in her mind, but through the brief flicker of her golden gaze around the scenery she noted there wasn't one nearby. Her wariness faded and she hummed in interest at whatever her brother was standing over. "Looks heavy," she noted quietly as her eyes rove the strange bright thing. "Where- uh, where did you find it?"

LOOKING LIKE YOU LOST ALL YOUR THINKING

SCREAMING LIKE YOU SAW ALL YOUR FUTURES

WINDCLAN MCA — ART BY MYTH & SUBLIME — TAGS, PENNED BY WALUIGIPINBALL

• — The slender molly made her way through the swaying fields, carrying something rather large in her jaws. It was interesting that she had managed to catch it at all and she wondered if she could find more hares that were this big. It was getting into leaffall now and frankly she was mildly worried about how they were going to make it through leaf bare. It would be a stressful time primarily for Windclan because of where they lived and the prey that they ate. Rabbits were plentiful during leafgreen and newleaf but then as the seasons got cold they would rapidly decline. A soft sigh left her throat as she slipped onw into the dip in the earth that made up their camp when she noticed Birdpaw talking to Bearpaw. Curious she made her way over, dropping her rabbit off at the fresh kill pile as she went along. They were talking about something and her nose twitched at the strange scents that lingered in the air. That was when she saw the strange contraption that was very much from twolegs. Cats didn't' have a need for such things and it made her a bit antsy. "It doesn't seem dangerous at least. But I doubt that we could use it for anything. Ah, maybe...lining nests or something like that?"

I'M DONE FIGHTING ALL NIGHT

( don't follow me, you'll end up in my arms )

( ✞ ) mistralhowl ( ✞ ) 3 years old ( ✞ ) windclan ( ✞ ) tags

• WHEN I FIND MYSELF I'M GONNA BRING HIM HOME ——— TAGS

Hmph? Mildly irritated by being roused from a nap he had finally succumbed into, the sleepy tom focused onto the siblings, before his stare dropped to the weird contraption one of them had. After hearing Mistralhowl's suggestion he would pad over on unsteady paws (one of his back-legs had fallen asleep and felt like it was made out of fuzzy static) before snorting loudly. "Just don't let Lizardbounce see that. If he sees anything remotely twoleg related then he flips out." He yawned, his eyes becoming a little blurred as he recalled his time messing around with Chillybreeze and Blossompool with some twoleg trash, back when they had been trouble-making apprentices. The former leader had thrown quite a little fit after discovering them. Sheesh. He felt old. But anywho, he gave his messy pelt a shake before eyeing the weird looking object. Looked pretty useless to him.

TELL ME WHAT YOU HATE ABOUT ME

WHATEVER IT IS I'M SORRY, I KNOW I CAN BE DRAMATIC

I GUESS THAT SOME TIMES GOOD THINGS FALL APART

WINDCLAN | SENIOR WARRIOR | 15 MOONS | MALE | BIOGRAPHY

• BEARPAW

His sister's arrival immediately covered his soft face with a lopsided grin. He was so happy to see her. When he registered her skittishness around the Twoleg object, he felt a sharp pang of guilt - of course she would be nervous around it, they were the ones who'd broken her leg! But she quickly relaxed, and he realized that she was moving without a limp. The grin already plastered to his features spread even wider. "Birdpaw, you look so strong!" he purred, reaching out to try and touch his nose to hers. He was so pleased that she had healed well, and looked more confident and at peace in her new role than he had ever seen her before. It made his heart swell with pride and affection.

"Yeah, I don't really know what it is, but I found it in a heap near the gorge." Pausing, he dipped his head to the approaching Mistralhowl. "We could do that if we can figure out how to get it apart! It's really tough, whatever it's made out of." To demonstrate, he tugged at the variety of straps with his teeth and claws to no avail. If it could support a Twoleg's weight, there was no small chance that it would be impossible for a cat to break. He turned back to Birdpaw, an idea blossoming. "Do you think the medicine cats might have some use for this? Maybe for rigging up broken bones or something?" He had no idea what went on in the med cat den, but maybe Birdpaw would have some ideas.

At Duckthroat's arrival, Bearpaw was initially pleased to see his mentor's friend. But as soon as the tom opened his mouth, Bearpaw realized his massive error - how could he not have thought about how his poor father would react to seeing such a thing in the middle of camp? The Twolegs and their contraptions had ripped so many lives from him and his loved ones, he'd have to be a fool to drag their detritus into the middle of camp. Well, call me a fool. "StarClan, you're right Duckthroat. I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking about that." He lowered his head, chastened by the warrior. "We'll just have to put it to good use or get rid of it before he sees." Fat chance of that happening, Lizardbounce seemed to have eyes everywhere when it came to his children.

Bear-left Bear-middle Bear-right

BEARPAW

WindClan -- ⚦ -- 6 moons

• "it'd be best if we did get rid of it," he drawled as he limped over, pain still rippling through his body like waves. truth be told, rul couldn't remember for the life of him why lizardbounce was so uppity about twoleg shit. probably something to do with his leg. although the black tabby had lost that just a few weeks before rul had ever come along. "whatever it is, it's probably useless anyway. ain't made for cats," he finished as he reached forward with a paw to lazily poke at whatever it was. well, maybe it he could see it then they could use it for something but without eyes he didn't have any suggestions.

if i taste you we will know if love kills or makes you whole

male // windclan // leader // tags // plot