Out of the Shadows Chat & Plot

Check out some guideline updates for Traditional!
  • Out of the Shadows: A Pokemon Journey | sign-ups OPEN |

The children of many famous figures in the Pokemon world have started on journeys of their own, desperate to prove themselves worthy of their heritage. However, some seek to step out of the shadow of their parents, for not all of them are pleased with the legacy of their family. Trials and challenges await on the path to glory, and they will all be given the chance to prove themselves worthy of their parent's name.

Overarching Plot: A Pokemon journey through Sinnoh, Unova or Kalos with some other sideplots

- Team Galactic, Team Plasma or Team Flare (dependent on region of choice)

- An International Pokemon League (requirement: 8 badges from any region)

- Meeting/befriending/helping Legendary Pokemon or fighting them off

- Due to heritage, being targets for kidnappers or people who want to make money off of ransoms

- Their parents all go missing, and they have to put a hold on their dreams to go rescue them

- Angst angst angst angst drama drama drama drama

- All suggestions are welcome!

STARTING POINT: Some sort of Junior League Tournament in a city which all our characters shall be participating in, and something goes terribly wrong during the tournament (i.e. attack by a Team, indirect attack like a bomb, news of kidnapped person, rampaging Pokemon). Maximum number of badges any character can have is 4 and maximum number of ribbons is 2

Rules

- All FF rules apply

- No godmodding or controlling other people's characters or winning every single battle or dodging every single attack, etc

- Please be active and alert me to inactivity

- Depending on popularity, there might be several plots or groups at the same time

- Rules are subject to change

Roster

- Riley King Ashbringer

- Emma Dubois Mirror's Edge

- Samara Moon PastelSkulls  

- Celothian Arya KagomeMoana  

- Sage Devereux televised.

This means there are two Pokemon of that species and no more can be owned by a trainer

• kicks down the door

Emma is also open for plotting!

Time for these kids to wreak havoc on the world and their parents having to clean up after them

I'll give up on giving up

And get the world on my side

Adara | Vale | Thea | Adina

Trad and Ext Roleplayer

• hello all!!

my bby sage is open for plotting! she’s a fun one that’s for sure! she’s from kanto and is the granddaughter of Drasna, an elite four member in the kalos region.

Ashbringer whether it’s reciprocated or not I feel like sage might develop a crush on him for sure and I lowkey already ship it. thoughts?

also Mirror's Edge I feel like sage and emma would know eachother since their parental figures see eachother due to their status? so when they bump into eachother it’s a “long time no see” kinda thing! I feel like with their similar goals they have a competitive friendship, battling eachother to become better but also never maliciously?

EDIT: I didn’t realize they both have a kirlia and will have a noivern, I never looked at her pokemon until now and that’s my bad! I can switch them up if you want so it’s different!

OH THERE AIN'T NO REST FOR THE WICKED ———— ・゚✧ 」

oh no there ain't no rest for the wicked until we close our eyes for good — newest thread created

• I love that! Emma was raised away from the Elite Four at her mother's request, but definitely could've been brought along to maybe gatherings the elite four held when she was younger if that works with you as to how they met and know each other, especially since I can only assume Sage couldn't travel to Kalos often and a big gathering with the elite four and their families would be perfect!

what if they had friendly kiddy battles and so their pokemon are still a bit competitive with each other?

Trad and Ext Roleplayer

• Ashbringer ah yay! i’m glad you’re down! and yes I agree, I feel like they’d be good friends!! she would prob be inspired by him to try out being a coordinator! and def appreciate his love for pokémon and caring for them!!

Mirror's Edge omg yes that would be perfect! prior to her parents deaths she didn’t travel as much to kalos so that fits in perfectly as to how they’ve met! and their pokemon still being lowkey competitive is so cute. I can see, just with sage’s personality, one of the first thing she does when she is reunited with emma is challenge her to a battle hahah

oh no there ain't no rest for the wicked until we close our eyes for good — newest thread created

• Ashbringer yes for sure! I don’t know if that’s the path I necessarily want for sage to take but you never know! she’s a don’t knock it til you try it kinda girl so I feel like I have to have her dabble in everything haha

• ok so i couldn't help myself and switched out my kirlia/gardevoir for fraxure/haxorus and changed my mismagius to a blazekin. i think i'm satisfied with her team now, they fit her and what i'm trying to achieve for her better! just wanted to let you guys know!

• Cel is open for plotting - daughter of Hunter J and she is from Kanto region :)

Carmen Sandiego Returns at last...Will you join her or the sides against her??

Carmen Sandiego Returns

Galaxyclan : Clan of the Lost Nebulas

Galaxyclan

Mythica

Mythica Sign Ups

~~ If you need to contact me I do have a discord at Carmenfan#4438.

Work schedule ;:

November 5: 8 am to 12:30 pm

November 6: 8 am to 12:30 pm

November 7: Off

November 8: 8 am to 12:30 pm

November 9: 8 am to 12:30 pm

• okay so i’ve been doing some thinking...and I have high muse for this rn and this thread is lacking in the male department so should I make a guy?

• God I kinda want there to be a sycamore kid just so that there's some sort of rivalry between them and emma since they were probably raised together

Either friendly rivalry or at each other's throats whenever the others are looking away

Trad and Ext Roleplayer

• I did originally have a second character (daughter of Cynthia), but a son of Sycamore might be fun...I shall consider it (unless someone gets to it first)

Honestly either one of those would be amazing to see

These kids are gonna try so hard to be normal but as a group they're just all blinding to everybody else

"Is that..."
    "Yeah, that is. The kids of all those famous people."

"No, I wanted to know why one of them has a bloodied bag over their shoulder."
    "... Should we call the police"
    "Nah it's fine I'm sure their parents are upstanding citizens so are they"

Meanwhile, the kids...
    "So how the hell are we going to explain the bloodied grunt in the bag?"

"Is he even alive at this point?"
    "WELL he would in a better state had SOMEBODY not bashed him over the head with a bat"
    "I'm 99% sure this is kidnapping"

Trad and Ext Roleplayer

• OMG HAHAHA Mirror's Edge & Ashbringer cue to sage in the back holding the bat. everyone looks at her and she throws it to the side and scratches the back of her head, shrugging sheepishly. “he was threatening y’all...I panicked!”

• OMG HAHAHA Mirror's Edge & Ashbringer cue to sage in the back holding the bat. everyone looks at her and she throws it to the side and scratches the back of her head, shrugging sheepishly. “he was threatening y’all...I panicked!”

I'm just trying to imagine these kids, who in some cases grew up spoiled or sheltered, trying to take on evil teams and having to do illegal stuff and just being so lost

They just have a grunt tied to a chair
    "So what should we do?"
    "Punch him until he talks?"
    "Well asking nicely won't work too well"
    "Is he still bleeding? Does he need a hospital"
    "OH MY GOD DID HE STOP BREATHING"
    "HE STOPPED BREATHING"

"HELP HIM"
    "NO WE GOTTA DUMP THE BODY LIKE IN THE MOVIES"