kind of lonely ?

• hi all ! I um... I wanted to talk about something that’s been on my mind for a bit I guess..! it might be kind of silly to post about this here, i’m not sure because i’ve never used this board before.

but um yeah. basically, I guess i just feel lonely? I move around every one-two years. i’ve already been to two different high schools. and don’t get me wrong, it is fun..! it does come with a lot of new and exciting experiences. but it means I have to leave people i’ve grown close to behind. i’ve developed this mindset that has sort of said I don’t really need friends if i’ll only be here a year. and last year I didn’t put very much effort into really getting out there to meet people,,, and I felt kind of miserable the whole time. i’ve moved again since then and i’d hoped a fresh start would help me bounce back, but I think it’s happening again.

I miss having heartfelt conversations with close friends and I miss hugging people. I miss chattering about something ridiculous with them and doing dumb crap with friends. I miss having someone to really talk to.

I guess I just feel lost n stuck. it seems so hard to reach out to people now. I can exchange a few words with acquaintances and start up small talk, but beyond that I feel so lost in trying to connect with other people. i’m not really sure what i’m looking for here and if there even is a solution. maybe I just needed to get these words down and out there. if you’ve read this far, thank you for sticking around <3