How can I sleep at night, there's a war inside my head {OPEN}

Check out this announcement about new leadership limits in Agrelos
  • Badgerspring had been noticing something disturbing lately. It seemed like the spirits he had witnessed for so long, the ones that both watched over him and haunted his waking steps, were changing in some way. It wasn't that Badger realized what was going on, he was just able to pick up on the subtle changes. It was like darkness had been thrust over them...but at the same time, he knew it wasn't something that the Dark Forest was doing. No, it wasn't anything like a shift in power...was it? There was no inky blackness that had swept over them. Certainly that was how the Dark Forest operated? Just...inky blackness stealing your heart?

But no, it wasn't quite a darkness. Though it was a lack of light. Hard to explain, but it was like...like somebody had put a hole into the ones he had borne witness to his entire life. As if...the starry pelted cats were fading. Disappearing. His eyes flicked nervously back and forth as he turned to pace in the same line as he'd done for probably the millionth time that day. Back and forth, left to right and right to left. Constantly moving, eyes constantly scoping out the area. It was obvious the usually anxious cat was now like a train wreck. You could clearly tell the collision was coming. You clearly knew the end result wouldn't be pretty. And yet? You couldn't look away.

Some had whispered that the anxious mess of a cat was a ticking time bomb. And while that may be true, nobody could have predicted the strangled, panicked scream that ripped from his throat, seemingly out of the blue. To anybody watching him furiously pace, perhaps they could have guessed. But it was the normal day winding down silence, where the Clan simply relaxed with full bellies and shared tongues...nothing seems to have prompted this scream of sheer terror.

Except. Except Badgerspring could not prevent. Orchardbreeze...his mother, oh. Oh God. She was...she was dying? Again? From StarClan wasn't supposed to DIE!

• ddfz8qx-b5ddca03-4b70-4680-bcb8-1db73664936a.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzU1NTMyNGU1LTYwYjItNDZkNS04OTRlLWM1YTYzYjc3MjcxOFwvZGRmejhxeC1iNWRkY2EwMy00YjcwLTQ2ODAtYmNiOC0xZGI3MzY2NDkzNmEuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.xr7ynhqk2qsWUM58tXj0Gb5TQwc4vL-_z3F5ILIp6dU

— ⋆ —

Something... Something isn't right about him...

Even the tom who actively stalked his clanmtates was confused. The back and forth motion of another feline had caught his attention long before the scream– something was chewing this strange warrior up, and Silentpaw, well... he found it somehow pleasant to watch. Badgertail's wide eyes, his aggressive pace, the anxious twitching of his tail and ears. It almost put a smile to the creepy apprentice's maw.

But then the scream. Oh, that scream– why did he want to laugh? Something was clearly wrong with the other tom, but his first instinct was to simply wait and see if he bolted off, afraid of his own shadow. Yet, ever-so-curious, the blue abyssinian got to his paws from his special place beside a tree and started to approach after flicking his tail against the gray bark.

True to his name (for the most part), Silentpaw would stop just a few steps away from the warrior's path and tilt his head to the side in a very obvious sign of confusion, with a worldless question in his gaze: Why did you scream?

—— storage . plotting . skyclan

• A scream would interrupt her from a light sleep, the gray molly had been exhausted recently... with everything. It was hard to believe she would almost have been leading SkyClan for two moons still, but... it felt longer then that. So much had happened since she stepped up. So much had changed. But there was time to think about that later, for now that... scream.

She was up on her paws in and instant, immediately making her way out of her den and racing to the sound of the scream. Badgerspring.

Oh dear, what was up? ”Dear...?” She begins quietly, ”Is everything alright...? Did something happen?”

MY HEART IS LIKE A HAND GRENADE

PULL THE PIN AND DETONATE

• The scream was enough to pull Wolfshade out of his heavy sleep, his nap interrupted by the unsettling sound which quickly sent him to his paws and out of the warrior's den. He caught sight of Lavenderstar leaving her own den and heading in the direction of the screaming, instantly he trailed closely after his mother. Truthfully, he hadn't expected their frantic running to bring them to where his adopted brother was pacing back and forth. A concerned frown plastered itself on his firmly closed lips, deciding the important questions had already been asked. It was now a matter of whether or not Badgerspring would answer.

take what you want from me and go —— tags.

WE WOULDN'T TURN AROUND 'TIL WE WERE UPSIDE DOWN

( i'll be the bad guy now, but no, i aint too proud. i couldn't be there even when i try. you don't believe it. )

WOLFSHADE MALE LAVENDERSTAR X BUTTERFLYDAWN SKYCLAN WARRIOR PENNED BY ALCHEMIST.

• A scream split the air, irritating Juniperthorn to no end. Any interruption to his already absolutely fucked-up sleeping pattern wasn't taken kindly, and the boy of cinnamon had half a mind to stomp over to whoever had made such an ungodly sound and screech into their ear whilst they were asleep- or, if he was looking for a more short-term solution, he could always just thump the culprit around the head. Eyes of unripe juniper narrowed, and he stalked out of the warriors den, treading lightly and carefully. For once, he was not awoken by his own mind but by somebody else's.

Drawing up beside Wolfshade, Juniperthorn eyed his adoptive brother, a member of his family he didn't entirely trust. Everyone had thought him dead, and he hadn't even had the decency to pop by for a chat. Sure, he obviously had something else going on at the time, but... surely one could always make time for family, right?

Though Juniperthorn supposed he couldn't really talk. His family was so big he often didn't bother with extensive familial connections, his littermates being the only ones he generally had a strong bond with. Yeah, whatever, blood is thicker than water; but really, he didn't care if he was related to someone or not, if he didn't like them then that was the dealbreaker.

Echoing his older brother's actions, Juniperthorn opted not to speak (which for some might have been a surprise); the question everyone was asking had already been delivered, after all. There was no point in pointlessly adding to it.

image0.png

I AM THE GREATEST MOTHERFUCKER

THAT YOU'RE EVER GONNA MEET

SKYCLAN WARRIOR — TAGS — PENNED BY WALUIGIPINBALL

• Curled up tightly in the nursery, Heronswoop awoke with a jolt when Badgerspring's scream pierced the air. Like the other queens, she looked around, bewildered and concerned by the sound, not knowing that it was Badgerspring at that point. Leaving her kits to the temporary care of an NPC queen, Heronswoop would venture out and hurry over to where the scream had sounded from. It didn't take her long to realise that it had come from Badgerspring, the number of cats gathering around him served to highlight that fact even more.

"What's going on?" Heronswoop asked, glancing between Badgerspring and the cats assembled. "Has something happened?"

SUNSHINE, WAKE ME UP, AND LEAD ME INTO LOVE

HERONSWOOP — SKYCLAN DEPUTY — 20 MOONS — AVATAR BY GOLDY — TAGS — PENNED BY THORNY