☪ as the world falls down —

Check out this announcement about new leadership limits in Agrelos

• synopsis

learn more by clicking on the names of my characters above.

to make a long story short, frances and her brother kane are witches. the good kind. the kind that teach other witches (and vampires, werewolves, etc.) how to properly harness and understand their powers. they're kinda like teachers/therapists but for the creatures who go 'bump' in the night.

now that you're (mostly) up to date, this is where your characters come in. i'm feeling strangely twilight-y, so how about a family/clan of vampires/supernatural creatures? (worry you not, as i'll be playing a few of them, myself. i just haven't made bios for them yet.) your two main characters will, naturally, be the love interests of kane and frances. they can be either vampires or werewolves (or some other were-whathaveyou), and their job is to fall madly in love with kane and frances.

seems simple enough, am i right?

wrong. kane and frances are both emotionally stunted jerks, each with their own problems and a couple of god complexes to top it off.

oh, and also -- they've got a horde of super powerful enemies tracking them down.

this should be fun.

if you want to join, just post below. you can make some bios, but you absolutely do not have to.

give me the word, and i'll start us off!

• I'd be interested to join this if that's alright?

~alyss in wonderland~
    giphy.gif
    “Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?'
    'That depends a good deal on where you want to get to,' said the Cat.
    'I don't much care where -' said Alice.
    'Then it doesn't matter which way you go,' said the Cat.
    '- so long as I get SOMEWHERE,' Alice added as an explanation.
    'Oh, you're sure to do that,' said the Cat, 'if you only walk long enough.”

• abso-heckin-lutely.

i'm currently in the process of making more characters for the family, but kane & frances are complete enough for me to begin, if you're ready!

• I think I'll create bios for my main two characters first then see what you think.

~alyss in wonderland~
    giphy.gif

• sounds like a plan to me!

i'll be working on a few other members of the family in the meantime.

also, i'm not promising that i won't fall asleep, but i should be on some time tomorrow afternoon/night!

• No worries. Before you do pass out though, would you mind clarifying some things about my characters before I start? Apart from being family, and being supernatural creatures of some sort, is there anything else you'd like them to be?

~alyss in wonderland~
    giphy.gif

• emily

20 (80)

elliot

24 (100)

would it be alright if they were werewolves rather than vampires?

~alyss in wonderland~
    giphy.gif

• absolutely!

two of my three side characters are vampires while one is a vamp/were hybrid

their basics (and i mean bare essentials here) are up in the thread with kane & frances’ information if you wanted to check it out!

• louise merchant / vampire / appearance

[ I went ahead and started things off! But feel free to jump in whenever you're ready!]

In the two centuries in which Louise had walked the planet, there were few things, she had found, more comforting to her than the feeling of having a violin in-hand. Her "children," as she had taken so fondly to calling them despite their varying ages, never seemed to mind, and she only ever played it downstairs and never when she suspected they might have been trying to rest.

But everybody in that particular household was awake right now, restless perhaps. They were, after all, expecting some very important visitors. Frances and Kane Burwell would be popping in for a stay. This was, of course, at her recommendation, as her dear, young Bentley was only eight years a vampire and, on occasion, allowed his powers to get the better of him. She suspected that it was because he had been only seventeen when he was turned. Of course, he was also a werewolf, so that's not to say he wasn't accustomed to the preternatural world as a whole - only where he fit in as an individual and what he could do to better himself.

Plus, whose powers couldn't use a little dusting off and spring cleaning here and there?

She was snatched immediately from her musings when, from the front side of the house, she heard the sound of tires on pavement.

"They're here!" she merrily chimed, setting her instrument aside and all but dancing over to the door.

• ♥ ―

Elliot stood by the window, eyes trained on the car that had just pulled up in front of their house. His sister, meanwhile, was quite content to observe her nails instead. She couldn't fool him however, as he knew that she was just as curious.

Their ears twitched as they heard Louse call out downstairs.

"She seems excited," Emily commented, her brother simply humming in response. He had yet to take his eyes from the car and it wasn't a surprise. Emily may have been quite curious herself, but it was something that ran in the family, so her bother was no exception. Apart from the curiosity though, she also saw the mistrust that lingered in his blue orbs.

~alyss in wonderland~
    giphy.gif

• kane burwell / twenty / witch / appearance

The closer they got to the house of their soon-to-be residency, the more tension Kane felt arising in his jaw.

"Quit clenching," chided Frances from the driver's seat. "Don'tcha know your face'll get stuck like that? "

He couldn't help but roll his eyes. That was something that their mom had always told them as children when they would do things like stick their tongues out or make funny faces at her. "I'm just ready to have a place of our own," he commented, drumming his hands on his thighs. "I hate all of this bouncing around we always do."

"And we'll have a place of our own... Soon," Frances responded, easing her foot down on the brake as she turned into the driveway of the house that would, for the time being, be their makeshift home. "We just have a few... loose ends we've gotta tie up." Then, as if sensing his annoyance at the same response he had received for years, she finished with a quiet, "It won't be long now."

He fell silent as, through the trees, the house came into view. It was surprisingly modern for a place so far out in the middle of nowhere. Two wide windows stretched all the way up to what he presumed to be a second story. It was angled strangely, with an indoor lookout of sorts jutting from the second story out over the driveway. Ducking from his seat out into the muggy, autumn morning, he noticed a youngish looking man peering out at them from up there.

He scratched the back of his neck. "Who was it that you said lives here again?"

Summoning what he assumed could only be the endless store of energy she kept sealed away for moments like this, Frances whisked ahead of him and bounced towards the front door.

"Some vampires and a 'couple of werewolves. Nothing we haven't seen before. Now c'mon! Show some enthusiasm!"

And, with that, she knocked daintily at the door.

• ♥ ―

As soon as he made eye contact with the blonde man, Elliot finally pulled away from the window. Emily brought her eyes up to look at him, not having expected him to leave his post so soon.

The brunette's attention was quickly changed as she heard the knocking at the door, "Should we go downstairs and introduce ourselves or..."

"It's not as if they're here for us."

"I know that, but still, it feels a bit rude to be keeping ourselves cooped up here like teenagers avoiding their relatives."

"You can do what you want, Em. But I'm going to stay 'cooped up' in here."

Emily grumbled profanities underneath her breath, knowing full well he could hear, and then stormed out of the room. Considering he was the eldest, he sure could be immature at times. The blue-eyed girl's frustration with her brother dissipated quite quickly once she had reached the bottom of the stairs. All it took was one look at the woman and Louise's maternal nature tamed Emily's temperament.

~alyss in wonderland~
    giphy.gif