WHOOPS I DID IT AGAIN TO YOUR HEART // open, attempt at joining

Check out this announcement about new leadership limits in Agrelos

• DEATH WOULD BE A RELEASE

The question haunted Deathstroke almost insistently ever since he had returned home to the islands; had Feliks found the gift? Did he like it? Did he know that it was from him and not from some other random individual going by 'Mr S'?

Normally such things wouldn't plague the ageing assassin, but this one did.

"Maybe I should head back and check... I did leave all too quickly. I should have walked my invisible ass up to him and kissed him..."

So many things he wished he had done, and of course hadn't. It also did not help that the isles were getting... busy. The neighbours were growing on his nerves and all sense of peace was gone. 'Perhaps it is time I left...'

With the decision made the assassin packed up his belongings and left his 'retirement' home.

The trek was harder because of carrying his life with him, and he knew there might be a chance that his dream life would elude him. But he had to try, just once. He wished he could run by Feliks' side. He wished he could stand beside him and fight. He wished he could share his nest. With Feliks as leader perhaps he could get his wish. Though he knew it could cost them both dearly. For too long he had refrained, but refrain he would no longer.

As he neared the Thunderlands border he opted to bury his belongings in a safe place, just in case things went sour. Then he proceeded to the border where he would wait. He just prayed that the right individual found him, preferably one that would not murder or chase him on sight.

FROM THIS LIFE

tumblr_p8h8j3baXM1uqszudo5_500.gif
    D E A T H S T R O K E
    Slade - Joseph Wilson - The Terminator - Masamune
    Male - One Eyed Assassin - Black & Orange furred Grey Wolf - Killer of Legends & Gods

• I'LL STAY WITH YOU - FOR THE REST OF TIME.

Her new role meant she had to be on guard, that she had to be at her upmost game. She had faith that the stars she drew at night were a message, one mean to guide her towards the future. Was that why she kept herself on this routine? Patrolling the border into the earliest of mornings and the latest of nights? She didn't know, but if this was what it mean to be a shield to her family, then so be it. She would do it. That scent though, the one she was nearing smelled familiar. She was trying to remember why, but just then when she saw him. She remembered why. "You?", She would speak softly, the wolf-dog having grown in size immensely in the near four moons they had last seen each other. "I remember you...Pandora's vater...", she would speak softly, but there was no malice in her voice, there was a warmth to it. "Eight hour I had got him to promise....", she remembered how angry her Opa had been, that icy glare she couldn't forget as he had passed by her then...

"Speech."

( LAIKA E. // TAGS  // 16 Moons // Child of Ventus and Kate)

• Age was such a double-edged sword. He preferred his new found maturity and the experience it gave him, but the older he got the more cautious he grew. It seemed everyday there was a new creature to be wary of, or a new clan that sought to be the 'next big thing', if he could've abandoned it all to go live on the Island... the male would've done so in a heartbeat. Alas, fate gave him a funny hand once more and made him leader of the Thunderlands, a position he had never really dreamed of. Even if he was wary of his own power, there were times he felt tempted to exploit it, when he met Deathstroke's eye on the borders that day that temptation came out full force. Stay here. I don't care what anyone thinks. Even if he sided with the Thunderlands or his mate, the wolf would end up betraying someone - why couldn't this be any easier, damn it? After finding the gift some time ago, it was a pleasant surprise to see the lupine again and to catch his real scent, though he tried to subdue his body language. No tail wagging, a weak smile, he didn't know who could be watching.

Slade would understand, it was like dealing with a devil - a particularly handsome devil who'd swept the Chief of his feet. As he approached, emerald eyes in a trance-like state, he spotted Laika approaching the other first, almost relieved at the fact. At least for a while he be quieter, and not have to worry about stammering over his words in front of everyone. He saw Deutschland's teeth in the back of his mind, snapping down on the thing he loved most, and briefly the male looked away to think. He'll be upset I don't kick him off our borders immediately. As will Nymeria if she's around. Shit. "What... what is it you're doing here, exactly?". It was hard to hide the affection in his tone, his voice seemed more strained than normal because of it.

CUT MYSELF ON ANGEL HAIR AND BABY'S BREATH

6 YEARS / SKYCHIEF / EURASIAN WOLF / TAGS / THE THUNDERLANDS / PENNED BY VEXXYUS

The old assassin turned his head as he picked up on a scent, followed by the appearance and voice of a female. At first he was baffled, but as she spoke he began to remember and he realised that they were no strangers. Deathstroke's expression genuinely seemed to soften at that moment and he seemed a little calmer. Though the lack of teeth at his throat somewhat swayed him to feel that way.

"Goodness, you have grown. Last time I saw you you barely came eye level with my chest."

Although it was a pleasant surprise to see a familiar and youthful face it did however remind him of the sourness of the last true visit he had had with the Thunderlands regarding his last batch of pups. Alas, he had failed to maintain his meetings with the pups, but the raw hatred that had come his way had left him... rattled.

He was about to speak further with her when Feliks made his appearance known, and instantly Deathstroke's heart began to race and his single eye widened in delight. As a way of hiding his wagging tail he promptly sat back on his haunches and trapped the wriggling thing under a hind paw to end its insistent twitching.

"Ah, Feliks, so good to see you. And congrats on your promotion, word about it travelled fast."

He began with that good old classic villainous purr that he could do. The assassin shot the other a cheeky smirk as he looked him up and down, taking in the sight whilst he could.

"The Isles have become terribly loud and busy as of late, far too much for me. I've been forced to leave and now I come seeking solace elsewhere. Though my isolation since 'The Flash' means that I no longer know where to go, so I come to you. I ask of you to take me in. I will be your willing forager, your guard, your fighter. Whatever you need me to be for I am at your mercy."

The wolf bowed his head low in submission, though that submission was for Feliks, and only Feliks.

FROM THIS LIFE

D E A T H S T R O K E
    Male - One Eyed Assassin - Black & Orange furred Grey Wolf - Killer of Legends & Gods

• He felt his knees go weak at that damned smirk. Swallowing a lump in his throat, the wolf straightened his posture, offering a nod. "Thank you, I suppose,". Every time he wanted to say something more or show some more positive emotions he reminded himself of potential consequences, but resisting the urge felt harder and harder the more the male spoke. His ears shot up in surprise at the talk of the lupine leaving his Isles for good, and almost instantly Feliks knew what that meant. Heart skipping a beat, almost instantly he started thinking of ways of compromising with the old Thunderlands who'd oppose the Chief's 'forgiveness'. They would think the old assassin was asking to taunt them, but the truth might hurt more than that. The male sat down once he felt even more lightheaded, unfortunately not thinking as appropriately as he should have been. Of course keeping a known criminal here would be a serious commitment, one that couldn't just be made because of silly fantasies in his head - damn it Feliks, focus! He raised his head higher as Deathstroke bowed his, finally figuring that he'd come up with a decent way of getting the wolf to join without many issues.

"I'm aware that several years ago you've had problems with some Thunderlanders because of your actions. I cannot ask for forgiveness and deny others the same chance... but know that whilst you're here you're gonna be subject to a few stricter rules. At least until you prove... you're genuine,". I'm sorry, you know I trust you, I have no choice. "Apologise to those you've wronged if they're willing to talk to you, but don't mock them or even talk to them if they aren't. Follow our rules, especially in regards to who we harm and how we harm them. Don't apply for ambassadorship, and if you don't think a clan will appreciate you going to their event then don't go. Failure to follow any of these and you'll be kicked out, no exceptions. Use this time to right the wrongs you've done to those like Deutschland,". Perhaps it was asking a lot, but Slade had said he was willing to serve: sadly Feliks couldn't just use that willingness for fun, they'd both be kicked out. For a moment he flashed a smile, though by the time anyone else looked at him he dropped it. "If you can do this, you can stay,".

6 YEARS / SKYCHIEF / EURASIAN WOLF / TAGS / THE THUNDERLANDS / PENNED BY VEXXYUS

• They should not expect him to willingly share his home and resources with the man who had eaten his newborn children. As the one with the oldest member seniority, he thought he should be offered that much. But it would be too much of a price to pay for Feliks to allow his partner to stay.

The eastern German shepherd, though much smaller and likely thinner than the wolf, greeted Deathstroke as everyone should have expected him to. Teeth bared and nostrils flaring, his neck fur was raised and he was too stubborn to submit himself to Feliks' conditions. "Why's he looking at you like that, Feliks?" He growled, lips curling over his teeth. Feliks was far more subtle than Deathstroke. Deutschland could see his eye widening with delight and it made him hate Deathstroke even more.

"What gives you the audacity to come here?" Nothing about Deutschland's aura was friendly. Far from it. He could not, for the life of him, figure out why Deathstroke chose this Clan. He could have joined any discreet Clan. Why come here when he knew he would not be welcomed? He did not like Feliks' compromise and wondered why the hell it was being considered. This person had been a menace to Thunderlands. If someone had told Deutschland that the former member of the Tribe of Burning Dreams, a hated rival in Thunderlands' past, would become one of them a few years later, he would have laughed his ass off at such stupidity. Yet here it was! Right in front of him!

AND THE FEVER BEGAN TO SPREAD FROM MY HEART DOWN TO MY LEGS

AND ALTHOUGH I WASN'T LOSING MY MIND IT WAS A CHORUS SO SUBLIME

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

THUNDERLANDIC MEDIC || 6 YR. EAST GERMAN SHEPHERD

BIOGRAPHY || PLAYED BY FELIBRI

The assassin didn't miss spotting that smile whilst it lasted, and it was enough to make his heart lurch within his chest in a rather painful manner. Being forced to sit there was down right torture. All he wanted to do was run over and whine his little heart out whilst he showered the other wolf with affection, but he couldn't. Not yet.

The terms of course took his attention and he did understand that they were more than mere formalities or for show, they were genuine instructions that he had to abide by. Deathstroke at least was willing to try, though he knew it was going to be a tough journey. The former assassin gave a nod of his head as he showed that he understood the terms.

"I accept your terms, and I fully understand your decision. I will-..."

The words died a death upon his tongue as the growl caught his attention, and it didn't take a genius to know who the owner of the growled voice belonged to.

Deathstroke turned his head in order to look at Deutschland and he knew that he had slipped up in terms of his body language. The assassin lowered his head and flattened his ears as he remained fairly submissive in the presence of the dog. Though he soon sighed softly and straightened up as he looked to the German Shepherd whilst shrugging off the submissive play.

"Deutschland, perhaps it is time we talked. You are an individual who cares for truth, and I am willing to explain everything to you. I know you hate me, and frankly I cannot fault that considering the things that I did. But I still wish to talk, if anything to give you some insight into my... bold, slightly mad decision to come here."

FROM THIS LIFE

D E A T H S T R O K E

• I'LL STAY WITH YOU - FOR THE REST OF TIME.

She looked to her leader with pride, he was doing so much to be fair with the clan. She liked this change she had seen in Feliks compared to the very first time she had met him. She liked seeing how he was willing to give others a second chance and yet still hold his strength as a leader among them. While she didn't know the full story behind everything, she did remember how much her Opa had genuinely hated this outclanner. She still lacked the full knowledge on all the details of why that came to be. The genuinely kind creature she was though was simply happy to see that chances were being made, and even allowed. It was as said grandfather began to approach that she began to reel her muzzle down a bit, trying to avoid that scornful eye of his like the last time.

"I had to grow a lot..."

, she would say a bit timidly as she looked between her grandfather and leader. This looked like it was going to be more business than she had thought...with such she looked down and noticed the frost growing on her front right paw. She had to keep a light breath to keep it from spreading.

"Speech."

( LAIKA E. // TAGS  // 16 Moons // Child of Ventus and Kate)

• It wasn't easy, it would never be that easy. The relief that flood over him vanished the moment Deutschland appeared. My compromise isn't enough. With the fur along his spine bristling at the sudden increase of tension, Feliks realised that sitting on the fence might not be as simple as he thought it would be - especially when a hurricane was rocking the damn thing. His ears grew hot as the shepherd mentioned Slade's look, and though he avoided meeting his friend's eye he did turn to face them. "Long story,". Very long story. Hadn't it been four years now since his first encounter with the lupine? Not that that mattered, he knew how stubborn Deutsch could be and he doubted any Shakespearean romance would convince him that this was a good idea. What gives you the audacity to come here? At that quote he stood up, spinning himself around quickly. "What gives me the audacity to become leader here? I killed Loveletters and watched Sam get tortured all to spite a leader here, yet I was offered a second chance and look what I did with the damn thing - I'd say I redeemed myself. What right do I have to deny others the same chance?".

At least, the right to deny others who he genuinely believed would follow the rules. Maybe he was blind or stupid, but then Deathstroke offered to explain it to the shepherd and those self-doubts were voided. He straightened himself up once more, "Let him talk to you," Feliks sighed, gesturing to Slade with his snout. His voice had grown noticeably firmer since Deutsch's last comment, but it was mainly due to worrying more than anything else. So scared of becoming like the leaders only interested in themselves, but no matter what he did here he could draw comparisons. Let your lover stay to the ire of veterans? Or kick them out to the curb despite being let back after two exiles? Maybe he should have left civilisation to live on Cuneus Isles, at least then there would be no one to offend but the fish. "He'll be able to explain himself better than I can,".

• His dull canine claws sunk into the ground as he raised his head and curled his lip. What made Deathstroke think he was worthy enough, trusted enough, to have an audience with him? Deutschland's track record would suggest he had the characteristic of giving out second chances, what with the incidents of Barron, Sasha, and most currently, Feliks. It might seem hypocritical of him to refuse admitting Deathstroke. However, he had a grasp of their character. As Feliks turned on him now for his "audacity" question, Deutsch's sickly blue eyes widened slightly in surprise, and his expression briefly switched to a sort of aggressive submissiveness, ears folding back against his head.

He didn't think it were a fair comparison to make. He had trusted Feliks before then. Deathstroke, on the other side, had no clean track record with Deutschland. Nyet. It should be simple enough. As the situation turned more favorable in Deathstroke's view, a look of betrayal clouded his gaze and the beating in his heart grew louder as he struggled to fit the pieces together. Why was it a long story? What was going on between them? Feliks didn't seem like the type to take bribes.

The shepherd's narcissism was rearing its ugly head and he managed to tear his gaze away from the leader to look coldly back at Deathstroke. "I won't speak to you about any of that until you show me just how good of a citizen you are." Nothing had been done to earn his respect, just promises that could be empty as an upturned glass. Deathstroke had always been cheeky and tricky, why should he believe anything now? Deutschland acutely remembered how he had to feign sexual desire to get the upper hand in a fight with Deathstroke many moons ago. "I pray you do not get yourself injured or sick." It would certainly cause a lot of stress to both parties.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Deathstroke offered Laika a genuine look of sympathy whilst he could. Though he knew it was going to be a stressful first week if he stayed, which he of coursed intended to do. The old wolf had already made up his mind and he was willing to face the trials that it would bring. Though he supposed facing Deutschland now was probably for the best, especially since it got it out of the way.

Sighing lightly again he then looked to Feliks, appreciative that he was at least standing up for him. He then decided to open up a telepathic communication with the other wolf.

"I'm going to come clean and tell him. There will never be a 'good time' for him to find out, so may as well get it over and done with. Just like ripping off a bandage... only with more teeth and ancient grudges."

The assassin returned his focus to Deutschland and he was about to speak until he paused and listened to the German Shepherd's words carefully. He swivelled a single ear forward in an intrigued manner before he straightened up further by squaring his shoulders and puffing out his chest.

"I will show you then, provided that I am permitted a chance to live and work. I will let my actions speak louder than my words."

He replied as he saw this as his one and only chance to find his place within the Thunderlands. The wolf was well aware this was going to be hard and that his every move and action would be watched and scrutinised, but it was something he was willing to endure in order to be closer to Feliks.

"Though I did promise you some truths, Deutschland. And... as Feliks has said, it is a long story. Probably best I start from where Feliks and I first met, the day I jarred a shard of wood through his leg and chained him up in a shed so I could attempt a takeover of BlizzardClan."

The old memories still sat vividly in his head and he doubted he would ever forget. But he could not be sure if the German Shepherd even wished to hear how the destiny of two wolves had become intertwined from that day.

FROM THIS LIFE

D E A T H S T R O K E

• He grew panicked as a voice intruded in his head space, and though he realised quickly that it was Deathstroke the contents of their telepathic message did not grow easier to hear. Feliks whipped his head around to the one-eyed lupine, shooting a look that read 'are you sure about this'. They didn't want to rip off said bandage whilst the wound was still fresh, and he wasn't sure the gathered Thunderlanders would completely understand what was happening... even Deutsch. The wolf grimaced at what he thought to be betrayal on the shepherd's face, but knowing that the emotions would grow much worse he omitted from staring any further. Feliks wasn't ashamed of who he loved, only that he'd placed himself in such an awkward scenario. Then Deathstroke started speaking, and the Chief held his tongue for as long as he could. As if reacting to being mentioned he felt a shooting pain crawl up his leg, but too involved in the conversation he just shook it off. Even if he'd never recovered physically, the mental side effects of getting strung up like that had been worse. To this day constraints freaked him out, being so powerless was a torture in itself.

Feliks hardened his gaze the more he thought about it, not wishing for anyone to assume he was scared of Slade. He wasn't anymore, he just held their good qualities with such high respect he dared not think about what they could be. "He took my ear as well, evidence to BlizzardClan that I was dead or worse," the wolf added on begrudgingly, genuinely reluctant as he was not ready to spill the beans. Silencing Slade wouldn't help, no matter how much he told himself that. "But I used what little energy I had left and escaped. We battled and I came out on top, but I stepped down from leadership when my injuries interfered with my work. Of course Deathstroke came back though,". He'd let his mate explain the rest, his words were just spoken to let them know that he approved of the story being told.

• He didn't like it. God, he wished the ground could swallow him up then and there so he'd forget about this headache of a problem. The German shepherd still was showing severe signs of distress and wrath, his tail twitching furiously back and forth. His patience began to run thin as Deathstroke began to launch into a story.

A bitchy "did-I-ask" look rested on his face but he knew it was something that would have to be done at some point. He did want to know what made them so close, but why they were going so slowly about it was causing his lips to curl ever so slightly over his worn yellowing teeth. His eyes flickered from one wolf to the next, brow furrowed. He had a feeling he would not like what would come next.

"Don't tell me you started dating each other." It was sarcasm pure and simple, yet he may be horrifically surprised how close he was.

"BlizzardClan was so angry, heh!"

Deathstroke admittedly still found some amusement in the memory as he recalled all the shocked and angry faces. Sure, he might have been defeated that day but it had been the starting point of something rather intriguing.

"After that we pretty much dogged each other. I was of course still rampaging through other clan leaders at the time and pissing off pretty much everyone. Sebastian, Bill Cipher, Peter, and so on. Eventually I turned my attention to the Knights of Eden. I used my disguise known as Masamune Date, and well... funny you should bring up 'dating'. I tricked Feliks into... coupling with me after he discovered me meandering along the border. Broke his heart after I revealed who I truly was behind that soft azure fur. Ivan drove me out the Knights, then seemed to lose his mind after that. Feliks and I went back to tearing each other apart, and so on. I joined the Exiles and Feliks made my life briefly rather miserable as he got the upper hand over me."

He added with a chuckle, though he skimmed over how exactly Feliks had done that. He still remembered how hurt he had been when his apprentices had been targeted, or the savage kick to his nuts. Just remembering that made him ache somewhat.

The wolf folded his ears back and sighed lightly.

"Went through a couple... bitter marriages. Lost my first husband after he was brutally murdered by Sollux, and had my first taste of a hollow revenge. Though destiny certainly had a twisted sense of humour... didn't it, Feliks? I don't think we would have ever reached a truce without Reiki... and I wouldn't have changed myself."

Deathstroke lifted his helm and looked at the other wolf with that same expression of intense affection. Closing his eye briefly he then drew in a deep breath before opening his eye again so he could lock his sights on Feliks.

"Masamune wasn't a complete lie... I think I spent most of my life lying to myself. I love you, Feliks. I don't want to be alone anymore."

FROM THIS LIFE

D E A T H S T R O K E

• in my darkest hours i could not foresee

Panic and excitement. She came running at the sound of the voice. The voice she longed to hear for so long. She knew him. But, when her Grandfather was there.. She froze and looked between the two. Fur on end and eyes filled with mixed emotions. The two men she wanted proud of her. Both here. She felt sick almost as she moved towards him. Vater..?

speaking - tags

that the tide could turn so fast to this degree

sanctus espiritus, redeem us from our solemn hour

sanctus espiritus, insanity is all around us

sanctus espiritus, is this what we deserve

• By the end of the tale, Deutschland was certain his feelings should never be one associated with the telling of how a couple came together.

Everything seemed so wrong, and as the story progressed, he felt sicker and sicker. His own sarcastic remark was practically a prophecy. His eyes were in a blank stare for most of the time. He tried to remember, reach down into his memories, of the relations between the Tribe, ThunderClan, and the Knights of Eden. Had Deathstroke gone undercover at that time? And while Deutschland was busy executing traitors, Feliks was being duped into sleeping with his nemesis? But the story had a happy ending, one he could not comprehend.

I'm sure if you told everyone the entire development of your own relationship, someone would feel the same way. A voice in his head tried to convince him. But it's different! He protested, fighting his own mental battle.

I love you Feliks. I don't want to be alone anymore. Deutschland had no right to intrude on romantic relationships. While he felt that the beginning with Masamune was downright evil and manipulative, he still couldn't believe that Feliks ... seemed okay with that. They seemed happy to see each other, though the story would be difficult to tell.

It was clearly known that the Thunderlands had strayed far from their ProClan roots, and his enemies, especially Sasha, accused him of causing the shift, which really wasn't very wrong. He at least paved the way with his political tactics. If this was being told back then in the ProClan days, it wouldn't go well, but Deutschland was sure there would not be much keeping Deathstroke from becoming a citizen now.

So, when he opened his mouth, it was not to judge them. In fact, it was something that would seem quite irrational and rash. "Ivan didn't lose his mind because of you, you self-absorbed prick!" He hissed. He might have misinterpreted Deathstroke's words, but he didn't care. Ivan was a great friend of his, and the mention of him hurt him terribly. He was likely dead now, but Deutschland wished the polar bear was here, to thrash Deathstroke to the ground and end it all here. The German shepherd stared at the ground, wrath and betrayal welling up in his chest. He could not even look at Feliks, he leader. He refused to stay longer and put a damper on a bitterly sweet reunion, so with a final huff, he turned around and ran.

• When he was so used to talking, the silence was painful, but the wolf felt he had very little choice. The more he said, the more he could complicate things, and this was the one manner not worth meddling with. He wasn't sure if he'd ever truly forgiven Deathstroke for what had happened those times he'd shifted into another form, he looked away to contemplate the matter. Whatever attracts he had had not been healthy, the affection could have been so much more twisted and manipulative than it was, yet things had settled. He'd mellowed, Slade had mellowed, but still Feliks wondered - would he have ever escalated things this far had his problems with the clans not started? They had treated him like trash, perhaps getting with someone they treated worse than trash was a way to make himself feel better, but as he said the reasons for growing affectionate towards the lupine mattered little. "At first I wanted unconditional surrender, for everything that happened, but then it turned into unconditional love,. The leader was quiet now, watching Pandora appear and Deutchland snap his teeth in betrayal caused him to grow weary. A messy situation, he just hoped the friendship he had with the former leader would not end this way.

His eyes narrowed in concern as they stormed off, he felt the air grow heavier with every passing moment even as Deathstroke's lifting words lingered in his head. Love... don't want to be alone... he swallowed a lump in his throat. To mean something to someone, to not have to die fighting a cause no one else cared about, after a few hard blinks his pupils became wider with adoration. He tried not thinking about the guilt, or the negative connotations of going public with their relationship, Feliks only prayed he would not have to flee again. After a few seconds he huffled closer to Slade, gently bumping his head against theirs. It was probably the most public affection he was willing to share, especially whilst he felt trapped between two warring sides. "Regardless of my love for this animal," he backed away to address his present clanmates. "My extra regulations are still in place. I don't want anyone getting preferential treatment, please speak up now if there's any further problems,". There would be time for expressing his love later, for now he needed to make sure the crowd was satisfied.

Deathstroke really wasn't sure whether that could have gone better or worse, though he was at least thankful that teeth weren't wrapping around his throat or that he was dealing with a shrieking dog having a full on toddler tantrum. The wolf was however surprised by the affection received from Feliks and he seemed to freeze on the spot. The assassin ends up remaining submissive and he keeps himself low as he sweeps his gaze around himself as he waited for any further challenges. However, as he does, his blue eye picks out Pandora. His gaze lingers upon her for a long moment before it slowly sinks in.

"Daughter?"

He says the term in almost disbelief.

FROM THIS LIFE

D E A T H S T R O K E