What’s yar poison, Darling? {poisonlichen}

Check out this announcement about new leadership limits in Agrelos
  • Crazyclaw

Her coat hung dully over her skeletal frame, having lost its shine moons ago. Her savior gone, the light of her life snuffed out and everything dull and not joyful. Her eyelids hung low over her amber oculars, emotionless gaze flicking here and there every so often. If Poison was dead, why hadn’t the skies called her home? He was supposed to be with her, dang it!

She allowed herself to sit up, head hung low between her shoulders, ears flattened to her narrow head. The pain in her stomach became a dull memory, maybe allowing herself a few nibbles of prey with her Provider gone. The Clan passed before her eyes, the moss in her nest having been changed multiple times, as if to tell her to forget he had even existed. The scent was gone, their secret ... stash.. having been undisturbed the few times she did force herself out there.

‘I brought you a mouse, Lichen.’ The cheery apprentice beamed, placing it in front of her gaunt form, just before she was called away by her mentor. ‘You’re welcome! Bye!’ The apprentice mewed, ducking her head and whirling around.

Her voice was gone, for what was the point in talking if they weren’t going to give you their utmost attention as if you were the only being in the world? Suddenly, she didn’t feel like eating. She could wait another day. She hooked the mouse in her claws, and in a rather childish and all-to-pitiful way, fling it across the den, watching it thwack against the wall and land with a mute soft thump to the floor.

Grunting, she turned her thin frame once in her nest and curled up, tail wrapping over her head.

Ignoring any calls for patrols or sharing tongues.

[ TAGS ]

Pinterest from lavendes-

https://www.pinterest.com/wclavendes/lichen/

Art and pfp drawn by goldy -

dd2z7jm-e91f9509-424d-44c4-84f8-e962d4a8cf45.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzY4MzUzODllLTc2OWItNDI4Yi05NjMzLTNmYzZjMzFjNjVmZlwvZGQyejdqbS1lOTFmOTUwOS00MjRkLTQ0YzQtODRmOC1lOTYyZDRhOGNmNDUucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.9lK7VaJ4mCJevre_m-4qavFvoNw3kPNhhVOITEs0rMI

TAGS HERE

From Goldy’s character Poisonstrike:

”...Most of them just don't come to this one cause's it's a dungpit run by a paranoid rat." He quipped angrily, his tone cruel and jabbing. He didn't feel any sympathy for sorrelstar's plight, and wasn't about to show compassion. She was rude to him, and rude to his prize. Therefore she was an enemy.

• (Nooo poor bby ;A; poison has to swoop in!!! also really well written post~)

It had only been a few moons of absence, but to this sad pair, it felt like a lifetime. It had been so long since the unstable tom even set foot on this territory, the smell, the landscape, it was foreign now. It was like walking back into a dream, he felt many emotions. A stir of familiarity, and an endless pit of dread. This place was, no matter how much he refused it to be, his home. Poisonstrike padded carefully into camp, small frame held low to the ground. He.. wasn't sure if he would be welcome back or not. There were no obvious smells clinging to his pristine russet pelt, not even the scent of another clan. No, the only smell that wafted into Lichen's den was the smell of the wild.

He moved directly over to his heartbroken mate, having ignored the attention or commotion of anyone else. She was the reason this was his home. She was his reason for existing. She was everything. How could he try to run from that? The warrior wordlessly lay himself down at Lichen's side, absently curling his tail around her brittle frame. He wanted nothing more than to embrace her, to tell her how lovely and perfect she was, to be ONE with her. But he didn't deserve that sort of closeness, not yet. He had abandoned her. Things couldn't just go back to normal after doing something so cruel..

"Love, you're.. so thin." He noted quietly, a deep sadness dripping from his voice. He had really hurt her, hadn't he?

• A warrior was coming. The strong scent of Pines and forest barreled past her tail and into her nostrils. The brambles dragged against their frame as they entered, and she dreaded each. And. Every. Pawstep. Sounding against the ground that was heading straight towards her form.

Her tail curled all the more tighter against her form. Go away! No, I don’t want to patrol with you. I want to lay here and DIE! She thought, stiffening as the unrecognizable warrior proceeded to lay down against her side and wrap their tail over her. How dare you be so brazen! I’m taken if you must- She sat up, leaping away to turn with an angry snarl plastered to her face, claws digging at the ground, dull amber gaze pinning the russet tom under their flames. Her head swum, swaying on unsteady paws as she took in the sight before her, barely hearing the voice, and hardly believing her eyes.

I’m dreaming. He’s not there . I’m just going to wake up soon, and it’ll all have been a dream.. again. She thought, legs giving out as she “fainted”. How many times had she pulled this trick? Allowing herself to just fall over at some chosen time when it all became too much for her to handle? She shut her eyes, waiting for the reality to set in.

Now I’m hallucinating. Ha! The Clan’s gonna laugh at me now... if they aren’t already..tears stung her eyes. Why did it always have to feel so real?!? If this was a hallucination, she could practically feel his soft fur at least one more time yes? Perhaps he’ll whisper that he’ll never leave ..again, as her dream Poison seemed to do to her every night, before she’d wake up and the brief moment of joy would die out with the first glance at an empty den.

The she cat would slowly come to life again, pulling herself up to gaze distantly at the russet tom. It was a chore placing one paw in front of the other, freezing before that handsome face, and risking a tentative nuzzle.

Boy it sure felt real...

[ TAGS ]

Pinterest from lavendes-

dd2z7jm-e91f9509-424d-44c4-84f8-e962d4a8cf45.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzY4MzUzODllLTc2OWItNDI4Yi05NjMzLTNmYzZjMzFjNjVmZlwvZGQyejdqbS1lOTFmOTUwOS00MjRkLTQ0YzQtODRmOC1lOTYyZDRhOGNmNDUucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.9lK7VaJ4mCJevre_m-4qavFvoNw3kPNhhVOITEs0rMI

TAGS HERE

”...Most of them just don't come to this one cause's it's a dungpit run by a paranoid rat." He quipped angrily, his tone cruel and jabbing. He didn't feel any sympathy for sorrelstar's plight, and wasn't about to show compassion. She was rude to him, and rude to his prize. Therefore she was an enemy.

• Poison soaked in her anger with sleepy, pitiful eyes. She had every right to be angry - though it soon faded into a look of shock. And then she collapsed! He didn't expect something like that, oh the poor girl.. he really had put her through too much. He sat up and leaned in, but was afraid to get too close. She was able to rouse herself.. barely. Her delicate paws struggling to keep the rest of her afloat. She was dazed, and hurt. Despite it all she leaned in affectionately, and Poison just couldn't resist. He nuzzled against her, moving in close. He tried to help her keep from falling down, and rubbed his cheek against her so aggressively you'd think they hadn't seen each other in decades. He inhaled deeply, cherishing the wondrous opportunity to finally smell her again. "I missed you so much, I just can't live without you!" He cried out softly.

• Ah yes. Figment-Poison always had that .. real touch. She sucked in a long, shaky breath, effectively choking her senses on his scent, and hardly risking to breathe right back out and continue breathing. She felt, rather then saw, the tom press up against her and hold her swaying form in place with a rather all too familiar strong nuzzle.

If I open my eyes, he’ll be gone again... the she cat thought, frowning as her tail twisted up against his. “I missed you so much, I just can’t live without you!’ His voice was loud in her ears, leaving them ringing. Well actually, it was soft.. but to the female who hid in silence all the time it was loud.

Oh this indeed, was way too much for her to handle! She sagged against him, although she expected to fall straight to the floor- as this was just another hallucination to her.... addled mind... the hallucinated tom wouldn’t hold her up before- and broke down in pitiful sobs and wails.

[ TAGS ]

Pinterest from lavendes-

TAGS HERE

• This was no figment of a troubled mind however, Poison was there. And he was glad to hold her shaken frame, to be the pillar she needed, the pillar she so deserved. She was weak, thin, a flimsy, wilted flower. She needed him so terribly. Guilt sagged in his chest, forming a lump in his throat. "I'm here, I'm here, I've got you." He cooed, still nuzzling into her. He could feel her bones prodding against him, poking from every inch of her dappled pelt. Was her fur always so dull? So thin? Did he steal it when he ran? He wanted to breathe life back into her, to take away all the trauma he had so recklessly caused. selfish selfish selfish!!! He battered himself, the coldhearted tom somehow feeling an intense remorse for his actions. How could he be so selfish? "Please.. please my darling, forgive me." He added. His eyes were shut tight, yet tears found their way down his cheek.

• Soft fur enveloped her, instead of the cold, hard ground, a rather gentle voice telling her that he had her.

So it’s not a dream then..? She thought, burying her head into his chest. Forgive him? That was easy to do...

If he wouldn’t leave her again.

[ TAGS ]

Pinterest from lavendes-

TAGS HERE

• Poisonstrike held close to his mate for a long moment, simply enjoying her company. "I'll make everything okay, I promise." He murmured, eager to get things back to the way they NEEDED to be. He finally pulled away, very gently to make sure she wouldn't fall. "Darling.. you aren't well.. are you?" He pointed out softly, urging her to open up about what she was feeling. His mind burned with thousands of questions to ask, but he remained silent. His plume-like russet tail remained curled around Lichen protectively, and he readied his posture just in case she were to collapse again. He would catch her.

• E-everything? She thought, almost wanting to laugh at her disheveled, messed up pelt, her skeletal frame showing beneath the softer chassis of her fur, which no longer seemed to have that glow to it.

Her dull, golden eyes cracked open, gazing at him. ‘Darling.. you aren’t well.. are you?’ Oh no, she hadn’t been well.. for.. moons! And he must have either decided she wasn’t pretty or beautiful anymore- or he’d found someone prettier then her out there, and perhaps he was only coming back to check on her!

She huffed, giving him the tiniest of nods. Definitely not well. She’d lost her voice with no one to talk to. And she swears she sees her mother at least once or twice.. or was that just her dreaming?

[ TAGS ]

Pinterest from lavendes-

TAGS HERE

• Poison tilted his head curiously, and bore his pale brown gaze into Lichen's. Her eyes shone such emptiness. He swallowed that horrible bitter lump in his throat and rose to his paws. "Please.. let me make things right, okay?" He mewed to her, he licked her cheek before turning and leaving the den. Turning his back to that poor broken girl made him instantly feel worse. He had to make it back to her quickly, but not without something nice. The small warrior crept toward the kill pile, and picked up the fattest bird he could find. It wasn't the most beautiful gift, but it was what he had available. He quickly padded back into the den where he and Lichen had reunited, dropping the plump kill at her paws. "It's a lovely bird, isn't it? Please, you deserve a good meal. We can't make things right when you're on death's door." He said, almost a bit commanding.

• ‘Please.. let me make things right, okay?’ She heard him ask, before her cheek was given a quick lick, and then he was gone.

She slowly sank to the floor, resting her chin on her paws and her tail curling over her hind legs. She barely heard him re-enter, having been half asleep by the time he returned with a fat thrush.

Hmm.. fat one. Juicy maybe? Or is it gonna be full of maggots? Hadn’t mother fed her something like this before? She gave it a light sniff, prodding at it with her muzzle. The tom cat seemed waiting for her to eat it, so she took a small nibble from the prey, and swallowed it.

[ TAGS ]

Pinterest from lavendes-

TAGS HERE

• Poison sat rigid, watching Lichen's every move with intense, sorrowful eyes. He felt impatient, his tail twitched a bit as he held back the urge to yell. Why was she being so cautious? Was she still angry? Why hadn't she spoken? He was unable to read her mind and that.. got to him. She was barely even conscious at the moment. His failures were really coming back to bite him, and it was NOT a pleasant feeling. "Why.. why are you so sickly? I'm here now, please, won't you just forgive me? Eat up! Eat it all, please!" He pleaded angrily, unaware of the trauma his words could pull up.

• {oh he just had to do that}

Unblinking eyes.. angry scowls.. the russet tom watched her every move, tail tip twitching impatiently.

Angry voice! The she-cat drew in a sharp breath, cowering at the sudden noise with a whimper, paws covering her ears and head.

‘I told you to eat it!’ A pawful of the insect larva filled carcass which had practically fallen apart when it was first flung at her, writhing masses of white spilling across the ground. She recoils at the sight of it, mouthgaping open in a ‘no, please mom-!’ Before being effectively drowned out by the horrid mouthful of... maggots. ‘Chew it! Swallow it! I want none left!’ Mother’s paw smacking her chin, forcing her to eat the disgusting filth..

[ TAGS ]

Pinterest from lavendes-

TAGS HERE

• Poisonstrike's maw fell open slightly as his mate recoiled from him, he was shocked at his own rage toward her. And shocked at her visceral fear. He had never seen her look at him that way. She was so small now, cowering from him like a kit. His ears pressed flat and he turned away, unsure of how to proceed. He worked hard to run through his thoughts carefully, to dissect his emotions before speaking. He had to prevent another outburst. She deserved better. After a soft sigh, his silky voice slipped through the air once again. "I'm... I'm sorry. You don't have to eat it." He said simply, gaze drifting over to her once more. He was afraid to touch her. She looked so breakable.

• The tom turned away, and she half raised her head to gaze up at the tom, lowering her her gaze as he turned back to her. The mouthful she had yet to even swallow suddenly felt dry, and was hard to even choke down.

Her gaze narrowed, facing the prey again. Did she really want to eat? She was hungry... but the image of maggots seared into her brain again, and she just couldn’t. She shoved it away, giving a small whine, sniffling as she blinked away tears.

[ TAGS ]

Pinterest from lavendes-

TAGS HERE

• Poison moved in closer, shoving the prey out of his path. "It's alright.. I shouldn't force you. We can take it one moment at a time." He said softly, trying to console Lichen. He reached one scarlet paw forward and rested it against hers. He could tell she had a lot of problems plaguing her mind. More than he even knew. "I love you. Please understand that." He added, his gaze now holding a look of patience, a look of understanding. "I missed you so terribly.. I .. I just didn't know what to do with these. FEELINGS. You make me feel so much more than I can take." He blurted, trying to explain as best he could. In his mind he had a thousand reasons for fleeing, all of which seemed so simpleminded now. "I feel so much when I look at you. I feel like I might ignite into a ball of fire!.. and destroy everything."

• ahhhh so cute sorry track

i keep trying to conceive that death is from above

char gallery / / about me / / text wall

previously exodus. will continue to answer to exo, exodus

• The handsome tom swatted the prey out of her sight, and she turned her gaze downward as his paw held onto hers. The corners of her mouth twitched into a small glimmer of a smile, raising her golden gaze to meet his.

I love you too. She wanted to say, but just couldn’t get her muscles to cooperate and let her actually say the words, so all the tom would have heard were grunts.

Was that a good thing or a bad thing, him wanting to explode and ignite something? If he destroyed the world, would he destroy her in the process? She nuzzled his paw, offering a small purr.

[ TAGS ]

Pinterest from lavendes-

TAGS HERE

• This small sign of warmth from his lover instantly made him smile. Yes, she was communicating! She wasn't afraid! There was hope! He purred as well, and was once again reminded just how bountiful being kind is. This was a new concept to him, all this patience, but it almost.. came naturally? With Lichen. His love for her was powerful enough to create any change within him. She was truly making him into a better tom, and he would proudly admit it. "I see now.. you cannot speak." He noted aloud, "That's alright! We don't even need words. Our love can mend all." He stated confidently. "Step by step, no matter how small, we'll get there." For starters he wanted to share tongues. It had been far too long, it was an intimate act, and such a healing one. "Would you like to groom together?"

• Oh good. She doesn’t need words anymore! He wasn’t upset she’d lost her voice, and he was gonna stay at her side once more. But for how long?

Her pelt definitely was in need of a good wash.. or two.. or three.. or four.. she mutely nodded in agreement to the suggestion, and licked at his paw tentatively.

[ TAGS ]

Pinterest from lavendes-

TAGS HERE