fragments of fragments | shadow veil

Check out this announcement about new leadership limits in Agrelos
  • Mercy knew very little of the Painted Brigade, except for the fact that Dreamdoll had lived here long ago — during a different time entirely, back in the days of ColouredClan. That probably wasn't the best thing in the world, given the fact that they were an allied clan. At the very least, this would certainly make the process she was about to initiate far more painless. For herself and Adara, anyway; she honestly had no idea how their news would be received.

This was a nervewracking thing, what they were about to do. It was something Mercy had no experience with whatsoever, so she was glad for her Midnightbringer's company — even if Adara had even less worldliness than herself. Hopefully the girl's brusque demeanor wouldn't create any issues, especially since the matter they were here with was so... delicate. But then again, this would be a learning experience for both of them, figured the molly as she stopped on the border.

ooc: please wait for ~ADARA~ to post!

YOU ARE A MURDERER, NO MATTER HOW BELOVED

SHADOW VEIL LEADER — DOMESTIC FELINE — TAGS — PENNED BY MERCURIAL

• I still can't smile

the way you do —

Such things weren't received well, from what Adara had observed. Granted, she hadn't been the one doing the talking, simply guarding the ones who made the decisions, then, but the midnightbringer had seen the worst in people when spite caused them to immediately and rashly move forward, moving soldiers like pawns and sacrificing them like so.

Thinking it would be more cordial would be wishful thinking as the midnightbringer came to a stop next to Mercy, grey gaze settled upon the border from underneath her cloak, scanning the horizon for signs of any life as she silently fiddled with the brooch.

It's ridiculous to think that they'd simply take it kindly, actually.

Black paws would shift as she waited next to the shadowkeeper, the usual dead look in her eyes.

If I stayed with you

would I be able to change?

tags. | played by Mirror's Edge

• The pair waiting on the border did not seem at all too pleased to be here. This could only lead the Boss to believe that something was wrong. And he did not want to have to deal with any other issues in addition to everything else they were currently dealing with. Welcome to the Painted Brigade. Name’s Kingpin, the Boss here. Is there anything I can do for you?Please don’t let this be anything bad. I can’t deal with anything else in the department of bad news after Bridal’s death. He’d wait patiently as he glanced at the pair, waiting for their news. He thought he recognized Adra. They were their ambassador right? Or did he dream that one up?

THE DARKEST SIDE OF ME

i can’t control myself — boss of the painted brigade / tags / penned by trouvaille

• ✦ ✧ ✦ Oz came next, figuring he should be present if there were other Clans present. He stood near his father, his harsh gaze falling on the two of them. He didn't recognize either of them, but nor did he care. "Ozymandias, Administrator." He introduces himself quickly after Kingpin. He waits patiently for a response from the two.

I MADE A DEAL WITH THE DEVIL INSIDE

Ozymandias "Oz" ☆ Painted Brigade Administrator☆ Hellhound ☆ PENNED BY DREAVYN

Kingpin x NPC

• Here he was — the clan's leader. Kingpin was entirely unfamiliar to her, as was the next to approach. Administrator? That sounded like a leadership position as well. Perhaps it was the deputy. Mercy glanced over at her clanmate out of the corner of her shadow-obscured eyes and then dipped her head to the Brigaders. "Hi, I'm Mercy, one of Shadow Veil's leaders. This is Adara, my Midnightbringer of outerclan relations." A very brief silence ensued as she collected her thoughts. "We've come to... break off the alliance between our two clans. I'm sorry for how sudden this might seem, but the rest of my high positions and I are in agreement that Shadow Veil hasn't gained too much from the alliance, especially in comparison to our relations with other clans." She spoke in a soft, even tone, though her brows were furrowed. The last thing Mercy wanted was to infuriate or offend these two. "So we feel that it'd be better to focus on our... closer, more present allies — especially the Penumbra Accord. We don't want to make enemies of your clan, of course; I don't mean to offend. I just want to do what's necessary for Shadow Veil's well-being."

• Break off the alliance? So much for planning to be keeping them. And the what accord? That didn’t sound good. Kingpin wasn’t pleased to say the least. So much for this discussion. And you’re saying we’ve gained anything from your end? I’m not quite sure I understand why this is happening rather than trying to make things work.” He’d pause, taking a moment to glance towards Ozy before continuing. If they didn’t want to be allies anymore then fine. But he wouldn’t let them leave with learning about this accord. If it was to be used against them, then he had no desire in letting it happen. “I’m not sure what you’re talking about. I’ve never heard of a Penumbra Accord. Would you mind explaining that to me?

Of all times why now? I suppose we’ll just have to find other clans to work with. May as well pay them all a visit and check up on our alliance terms.He’d wait for a response, flashing a questioning look in the direction of Adara. Would things ever begin to look up for the Brigade? Would he be able to carry them back to where they needed to be? “If this is something you’re sure of then alright. Thank you for at least coming to inform us I suppose.

THE DARKEST SIDE OF ME

i can’t control myself — boss of the painted brigade / tags / penned by trouvaille

• ✦ ✧ ✦ Oz let out a scoff. She tried her best to be polite, but to Oz, it was just a facade. Oz wasn't known to be kind - He was known to be full of fiery anger and discontent for those around him. There was a strong air of tension and Oz wasn't going to make it any better.

"You're pathetic." He spits, his words laced with poison. "Abandoning a Clan that just lost one of it's leaders, never providing jack shit, preying on the fact that we're stuck in a ditch. You're selfish." He growls through gritted teeth. He is disgusted that the Veil wants to put this elitist group on top of their alliances - They were making a mistake. "This has nothing to do with the Shadow Veil's well-being. It has to do with your elitist titles and fantasies." He adds, before turning his tail and leaving the group behind. He doesn't need to hear more of their bullshit - Quite frankly, he doesn't care.

/out

I MADE A DEAL WITH THE DEVIL INSIDE

Ozymandias "Oz" ☆ Painted Brigade Administrator☆ Hellhound ☆ PENNED BY DREAVYN

Kingpin x NPC

• Rocketpaw appears just as Ozymandius flees the scene, his tails splayed wildly behind him. He eyes Mercy and Adara with a not-so-friendly look in his eye, though it's to be expected. What would have been his mentor had just passed, and here comes two supposed allies, breaking the news that they'd rather focus on some so-called Accord that he's never heard of in his life than an alliance. He snorts in faux amusement, breath flooding from his mouth with his irritation. What even is the Penumbra Accords, he wonders. Some way of cheating so they never lose a battle? A way to make their clans look bigger and better than the others? He doesn't doubt it, Shadow Veil was a thorn in everyone's sides, what with their faux neutral ways. Maybe they are neutral now, run by some absolute asswipes who're too pussy to claim pro or anti-clan status because The Exiles will be more up their asses than they already are, but one day he knows there'll be some sadistic fuckface at the top of the monarchy once again, who'll revert the clan back to the former glory it had been when Sekhmet, now long dead and passed, had ruled. He almost sneers at the two before him, Arcanium eyes blazing with fury, but he waits for the woman to speak before he does. He's a Prince, albeit a Late one, and he has manners and the ability to bring people to their knees with simple words. It comes with the names he flaunts so proudly- Resurgam, Arcanium, Mikaelson, and Targaryen.

AND I THINK IT'S GONNE BE A LONG LONG TIME —

SHE PACKED MY BAGS LAST NIGHT, PRE FLIGHT

ZERO HOUR, NINE AM

• I still can't smile

the way you do —

"Even more reason to break it off, then." Adara finally spoke, acknowledging Kingpin's words. "If it's a dead weight for both of us, wouldn't it be simpler to cut it off? Make it easier for both of us to maintain alliances that may hold more precedence than ours. As for the Penumbra Accord, it's an alliance designed in hopes of combating the Exiles." He was surprisingly calm about this, not that Adara had any complaints.

You had to have a level head for such things. Being able to make such decisions without allowing feelings to intervene was key.

Which clearly everybody did not have, as another approached, grey eyes narrowing a fraction at his choice of words. Pathetic. Elitist. "Selfish?" Adara murmured, tilting her head ever-so-slightly. "I suppose, in a sense, putting your own clan and survival first is indeed selfish. But justifiable." If you aren't willing to do the same when it comes to your clan or another, you clearly aren't fit to make decisions.

If I stayed with you

• Kingpin's point was a fair one, she supposed, and as she dropped her gaze to the ground without moving her head, Mercy was grateful for her shadows giving the illusion that she was still staring forward to meet their eyes. She took another moment to figure out how to reply, but Adara spoke up first, which she was grateful for as well — the Midnightbringer was young, but rational and concise as ever. Perhaps Mercy would benefit from taking a page from her book.

"Exactly," she said once Adara had finished. "And to be more specific, the Penumbra Accord's an alliance between Shadow Veil, the Sanguine Ruins, and the Solaris Kingdom that takes priority over the rest — it should be officially announced at this month's Gathering. All three clans have been especially close for a while, and we've been teaming up a lot against the Exiles lately. It only made sense."

She, too, was relieved by Kingpin's calmness. It would seem that his Administrator had other ideas, however. Her brows shot up as Ozymandias suddenly snapped at them with a startling amount of venom, throwing wild — and frankly insulting — accusations. "What?" she managed to get out, but he was already leaving in a huff. A young boy took his place, one who looked similarly irritated. She expected that from an ignorant child like Rocketpaw, but such immaturity from an adult was, well, a lot. "What he said isn't true, you know," Mercy went on hesitantly, returning her concerned gaze to Kingpin. "I had no idea your clan was going through a hard time — this isn't out of malice. And I guess that just proves what Adara said — we don't really have proper communication. I think breaking off the alliance will only lessen the burden."

• So now we’re a dead weight? You’ve got to be fucking kidding me. How could they possibly be a dead weight? Hell, it wasn’t like either of them were putting effort in, but you didn’t see Kingpin running off to other clans throwing shit in their faces like that. You cannot blame us entirely for this. It falls upon you and your clan as well. And just so you know, we’ve never considered the Veil to be a “dead weight.” What exactly makes us a dead weight anyway?” He snorted, almost disgusted with the fact of what was happening. He hardly even noticed Ozy’s leaving, hoping that he could contain his true feelings about the events. “How would you know? If you don’t bother to send ambassadors our way or keep your effort up you wouldn’t have known. We’re sorry to have been such a burden to you all. We’ll be sure to keep how much of a burden we are in mind next time anyone from your clan shows up at our borders.” He mused, keeping his tone calm, despite what anger was threatening to flood out. He’d grant them more time to say what they had to say and explain themselves further before asking them politely to leave.

THE DARKEST SIDE OF ME

• "We're not blaming you entirely; Adara did say 'for both of us,'" she replied evenly, though her composure appeared to be slipping a bit. Irritation seeped further into her expression as Kingpin went on, adopting the same spiteful attitude as his clanmate. So much for a calm discussion. "Sorry, remind me — when was the last time you sent an ambassador to Shadow Veil? Don't try to take the higher ground here when you're the one claiming we're both evenly at fault." Her eyes were narrow now, her creamy fur bristling. "Especially when we just invited you to an ally event. I think it's obvious who was pulling their weight in the alliance. Oh, and back to what your Administrator said before he oh-so-maturely lost his temper and stormed off — when there's a change in leadership, it generally falls upon that clan to inform its allies. So don't blame us for not knowing that or anything else about you and quit being so hypocritical." Curling her lip in disdain, Mercy looked at the younger molly beside her. "Adara, we're done here." And with that, she turned around and padded off, holding her head and tail high.

• I still can't smile

the way you do —

"Understood." Her tone was flat as usual, betraying no emotion as she briefly dipped her head towards the other party, before the midnightbringer trotted off, the cloaked tabby falling in behind Mercy, not sparing a glance backwards. The only goal had been to inform them of the alliance being dissolved; they had accomplished that. There was no need to engage in petty arguments, no matter how tempting it felt to snap back a sharp retort or two. Imbecilic. She had possibly placed a bit too much hope in Kingpin's leadership skills.

//ic opinions I love kingpin and painted brigade, addie's just an eternally grumpy girl

If I stayed with you