anyone going to uni?

Check out this announcement about new leadership limits in Agrelos
  • as the title suggests ^

i'm from the uk so idk if things work the same way in america but,

i'm stressed

i haven't even started yet (14th sept) but i'm already stressed about financing everything

my maintenance loan covers my accommodation fees but i really don't have a lot of money left over for stuff like transport, food, etc

i do plan on getting a job but i'm also stressed that i might not be able to manage which is even more stressful bc i'm really gonna need that extra money

just arghhhhh i really don't know how i'm going to manage everything does anyone have any advice? is anyone in the same situation?

MONACO AND HAMPTONS BOUND

breakdance . morphineblast . lynxflight . marilyn

5/7 of the thot brigade

• are you living on campus? because you could always get a bike to get around! i brought mine from home and it's finally going to use aaa

i would say try getting a job at a library or something! they tend to have pretty flexible since, from what i've seen around colleges and universities here in america, they hire students so they know that you have to work around it. you can also try volunteering first and seeing if that's manageable, and then apply for a job if you can handle it. when i signed up for my classes, i made sure to give himself enough time to get work done as well as have ample free time for other things. don't be afraid to drop a class if you can't handle it/don't like it either! if you're still unsure, you can always ask around campus and go to job / organization fairs and see what other people recommend, and how they can help you!

PREDILECTION, INFATUATION

( DEDICATION, ADDICTION )

( ✧ ) ——— ( ✧ ) ——— ( ✧ ) ——— ( ✧ )

they/them . 18 . 2/7 thot brigade - thot prince

• yeah on campus 0: so everything is within walking distance but the city not so much + i plan on visiting my family every few weeks 0:

ah it's just a bit nerve-wrecking when you're going somewhere completely alone. i'm not nervous about meeting new people and living independent, it's more to do with how i'm going to manage everything. it seems like a lot gets chucked your way right from the beginning

but thank you for the advice hybern <3 i probably will go to job organisation fairs n such, i have no idea what sort of jobs are flexible enough for students but pay well enough to manage

5/7 of the thot brigade

• ask around about that! see if there are any other student organizations you can work for! i know my uni has a student police auxiliary force and positions on the welcoming / visitors center and things like that. jobs in food courts/restaurants and such could also work. i hope you find something good!

and i totally get it. being independent and heading straight into school is a lot, but i know you can do it! just know what everyone who's a freshman / first year is going to be going through the same things, and don't be afraid to ask for help. :,) i've been in school for two weeks and my lil pea brain missed two classes, but it happens! there's gonna be bumps in the road, but it's honestly better to hit them all now than have problems around midterms and stuff

are you going to be rooming with someone at all?

• oh your uni sounds so cool 0: i hope we'll get job offers and opportunities like that, it's quite exciting thinking about it. i just hope balancing work, school and personal life will be manageable but i'm sure there'll be a way to figure it out. hopefully at least!

and ah thank you, that makes me feel a bit better (: knowing myself, i probably will end up accidentally missing a few classes lmao

and yep, there's eight of us in total in one flat!

5/7 of the thot brigade

• holy shit that's a lot of people

i'm in a triple room with only one other person, and we have the largest room in the hall

w o w

and ur welcome! i'm glad i could help uwu

• yeah haha, that's just how the system is here (^: lotsa students in one flat, but the rooms aren't that big

and once again, thank you <3

5/7 of the thot brigade

• *raises hand*

my rent is like £800 more than what student finance gave me my family is kinda income so idfk why it's so low

there's a lot of banks that you can have overdrafts for. nationwide's is £1000 for the first year of uni and even though you have to pay it back at some point it's still good to have for emergencies. other banks probably have similar schemes on their student debit cards.

in terms of jobs,,, idfk how i'm gonna be able to help much with that since i need to apply to. exeter's kinda big and the uni has a butt ton of options but obvs it might be different where you're going. i'd say just dedicating your time to searching during fresher's week since the sooner you work the sooner you get paid uwu.

there's 8 people in my flat too xDD. i opted in for quieter roomates so hopefully that will make things better but i also have a few kitchen appliances (just a kettle and little things like that) of my own spare in case.

FELIKS -- SHOWPAW -- CODY (INACTIVE)

THUNDERLANDS -- SANGUINE RUINS -- EXILES

SKYCHIEF -- APPRENTICE -- EXILER

• yeah i made an account with barclays which is £3000 overdraft i think?? but to me overdraft just screams future debt and ik im gonna have a lot of that ack

and yeah i'm going to do a big hunt at the freshers fair and hopefully get a job asap!!

5/7 of the thot brigade