Not sure how to approach friend. (not heavy/extreme)

• i'll make this short because I'm tired and should be going to bed atm. Basically I have a friend(?) Who I had a bit of drama with a couple years ago. The matter was, like, 99% if not 100% my fault and I'm not trying to shift the blame at all. We met around 2012 and roleplayed for about 5 years, so we were super close with each other. Essentially, I became clingy and when my friend wouldn't pay attention to me I got all bitchy about it and would get pissed off at them. After quite a while of putting off with this they decided it was better off for them to just break off the friendship.

Skip to 6 months/a year later (it's been a while) and I decide to send them a formal apology. They accept and we begin talking again... albeit sporadically. I don't blame them and I don't ask because I don't want to seem needy again, and it's only their business anyway. After a about another year or so of spotty roleplaying, they just stopped responding. After a month, I bumped the thread, but to no avail.

It's been months since then. I don't know what to do. I really, really miss them, and I want to message them and ask if I did something wrong or if they just don't want to roleplay anymore, but I don't want to seem clingy again. And even if I did write something to them, I don't even know how to approach what to say or how to say it. And if they're gone from the site... I don't know what I'll do.

And, to be honest, if they do respond, I'm afraid of what they'll say.

ee98284d7df6c0606448d6f3e10cd1b9a855801a.gifv

泣きたい私は猫をかぶる

caa1ed79d3366dd5e5b3618f7d98771dad3d0bbc.gifv