HEAR THE NIGHT OWLS SING ♥ Laika

Check out this announcement about new leadership limits in Agrelos
  • Night was a lonely time and normally Nymeria fled into her den by this time, atleast old Ny did. Nymeria had done some traveling and well.. the darkness wasn't escapable. Shelter was rare when you were in the middle of nowhere, sometimes she had to sleep right out in the open. The darkness of her mind wasn't either, her thoughts only grew louder the second she left camp. She felt like she was out in the open of it; nowhere to go or hide. It was just the matter of accepting it by now and trying to find someway to improve these thoughts. Meet new people, bond with whatever last of her friends and family was here, maybe make up new medicines and experiment, she just needed to busy herself and improve on herself. But Nymeria just couldn't bare to go into her den; the den her and Samuel shared. It just.. put her in too much pain, she knew she wouldn't be sleeping tonight even if she did go in. It was just pointless. So the half blind wolfdog was sat infront of her den, staring up at the stars in thought, "I wonder how you are doing up there.." she murmured quietly to herself, lips pulled back into a solid frown. "Heh.. lucky." she added, more hurt in her voice as she closed her eyes and let out a long sigh, "I don't know how I'm ever going to get over you but.. I promise you I will.. atleast try. For you." she said in a barely audible tone, a broken smile appearing into her features as she looked upon the stars again.

Laika E.

"COME ON LITTLE LADY GIVE US A SMILE"

NO I AINT GOT NOTHING TO SMILE ABOUT

• I'LL STAY WITH YOU - FOR THE REST OF TIME.

There was a grace to her step as she steadily arrived closer to her Aunt's den. Ever since she had seen her return, seen that she was still here, there was just that tiny bit of comfort to come along with it. It still couldn't repair the hole that burned in her heart, but it was the start of something at the very least. No matter how much she wished everything could've stayed the same, there was nothing she could do that could change the past itself. That was why she had to carry on, even if it sent a strain in her chest, a tug that seemed to pull it down. The night sky, she had still to move into a proper den, still yet to gather the paints she needed. Those stars that twinkled in the night sky, she wanted to fix them, place them right once again. It was a dream she desired to complete, her star maps. All of them had burned in the embers of the tree and yet she could remember them all so vividly.

Destiny had been strange as of late, drawing her back home, encountering her living Aunt. It all hurt so much, she wondered why the stars allowed her to feel such a pain. As Laika would continue to walk, she would begin to gaze around, unsure of where she had even came upon. There was the darkness of the trees that surround them, and right there in the moon's light...she saw her. Her Aunt sitting alone. She remembered that pain she felt, the pain of sitting under this same moon when she discovered her vater's killer, when she had found out of her uncle's death...this very same moon. Slowly as she approached, the crackle of a stick would go off, snapping under her weight as she got close. "Aunty...", she would begin to say softly, she wanted to say; are you alright? Yet, she knew in her own heart, in her own feelings, that no true answer could come from that. "...We're here...together.", she would speak almost in a whisper as she came to a sitting next to Nymeria. As she gazed towards the new moon forming, it would hint of light shone in her own dark eyes as she gazed, the stars above the both of them leaving specs bouncing off them in this gaze.

As she stretched upward, her neck elongated as she opened her muzzle, her words shrouded in a mixture of the howl, and the hidden words within it.

"Run, run to the sky
    Brave souls without a good bye
    in hearts, they won't die
    I won't let you go
    Brave souls without a good bye
    piece of me for you"

NYMERIA-

"Speech."

( LAIKA E. // TAGS  // 16 Moons // Child of Ventus and Kate)

• //sorry I had some work to do and was closing the outside pool up at my work for the rest of the year ^^"

Nymeria slowly glanced over at the sound of a twig crunching underneath an unknown weight, she had relied on her hearing for the most lately; being half-blind. And.. she had been quite flinchy since the time she got attacked, so no doubt she would respond to the sound. She was an experienced member; fought in raids and wars, hunted, been captured.. the sound was the sound of presence and she was sure to give it her attention. The wolfdog's half alarmed look softened with a bat of her eyelashes and a perk of her ears to the familiar face. "Laika," she announced smoothly but in a low toned of voice, her tired and sad gaze following her niece as she sat by her. We're here together. The words were oddly charming and put a surprising amount of comfort into Nymeria, the sensation probably wouldn't last long but Nymeria always believed she was alone. She was physically alone for nearly a month and that had made her thoughts worse; she lost at the battle against herself. The words were like a comforting lick on the head from a mother, it made her pink lips raise slightly before fixing her gaze back upon the night sky. "..Together." she repeated, a slight raise of good emotion in her voice with a shuddering sigh.

Her head lowered again to meet the sight of Laika once she started to howl a melody, nose twitching in curiosity as she listened. If she knew the lyrics, the canine would've joined in but she was a baby to this melody. She didn't really understand yet she somewhat did.. English and its expressive complexity, the Slovenian woman was still learning English at this age. But she knew it was a song with some deep meaning, and it was for sure beautiful and impressive. "That was beautiful, Laika.." she barked with her soft smile, tail gently wagging briefly to shine her pleasure, "What does it mean?"

"COME ON LITTLE LADY GIVE US A SMILE"

NO I AINT GOT NOTHING TO SMILE ABOUT

• I'LL STAY WITH YOU - FOR THE REST OF TIME.

What she would give to pull back at the time she had lost with her uncle, when his aches had kept him on bed rest for those moons. He had taken her in that day she arrived on the border, her Vater's brother. All the things she wished she could have said now haunted the guilt in her heart. She remembered her thoughts on seeing those spirits in the stars. She wished such had been true, not just her imagination. Now however, all she could do was see him in dreams with her Vater and Mutter. Another soul to haunt on her guilt with the rest. "You know, I wish, I had been there...to at least tell him good bye.", Laika would admit as she held her gaze to those beauty of stars above. Even as her ears rested into the sadness that came from the guilt inside her. Even as the howl had left the marrow of her bones, she felt like something was just missing from it. Something she had yet to have done. A piece of her just feeling incomplete without it, her ears shifted inward, the thought truly puzzling her.

"Mutter, she would call it a glaffing, a word in the old language of the wolves beyond my own past. Its a howl that come from the marrow of our bones, to represent our grief and mourning.", Laika would say, partially in remembrance, remembering the way her mother had licked the top of her head when she was younger, when she would get in trouble. It seemed at these thoughts the frost over her front right paw began to grow even more. She remembered seeing her collapse, the pain it had surged through her, her pledge, and then climbing to those hills in the wild and screaming out in grief, the howl from her very marrow. "Tine smyorfin", she would mutter under her breath as she looked up to her Aunty. "My mutter told me, every one of those stars...is someone who reached the cave of souls, each of them becoming a new star...to guide our new future. I swear I see them climb the trails to the caves of souls when I watch at night...but I know it's just my imagination..."

.// Sall good Xd IRL > Online any time

"Speech."

( LAIKA E. // TAGS  // 16 Moons // Child of Ventus and Kate)