the edge of dawn {p}

Check out this announcement about new leadership limits in Agrelos
  • Sounds good! XD Those battle take forever so take your time.

GrimDescriptiveChihuahua-small.gif

Your eyes were made for swimming

But they might be made for drowning

Either way I know I can not fight it

I've wanted you for too long

And I don't care if it's wrong

- Fallen Roses - Underwater

• The days at the monastery were peaceful, or so the new professor thought. It had only been a month or so since she had been asked to teach there. It all seemed... so sudden. One moment she was discussing matters with Jeralt, the next three kids (they weren’t really kids since they were rather close to her age) showed up asking for assistance. That’s how she found herself meeting Rhea and the others and accepting her job offer. Never in a million years did the ex-mercenary think she would become a Professor at one of the most prestigious academies in Fódlan. Still... as peaceful as things seemed, it definitely wasn’t normal. Though, she shrugged all of the things that were bothering her off as she usually did. She sat up in bed as sunlight of dawn broke through her window and into her room, flooding the wooden interior with warm light. She didn’t smile, but a fuzzy feeling erupted in her chest briefly. As soon as she had realized that it was there, it was gone. A small sigh escaped her lips and she got out of bed, readying herself for the day to come. It was the middle of the month, which meant she was going to have to crack down on some lessons in order to fully prepare her class for their upcoming mission. She got herself dressed and grabbed a pile of books she kept on her desk before leaving her room, ready to go set up for the day. She blinked as she saw students bustling about already, seeing as how early it was. It was a sigh that she had yet to get used to, as she wasn’t used to everyone greeting her. Though, it did feel... nice, she supposed that was a word for what she was feeling. Strange, but good. She made her way across the grounds and to the classroom, setting up her belongings.

Felix was up well before the sun was. After all, why let the day go to rest? Plus, he found that the halls were quiet in the early morning. That being said, there was nobody to disturb him. No loud noises or yelling from the other students, no squealing girls or creaking floors. It was almost blissful, and he couldn’t help but crack a smile. He prepared for the day by getting dressed and brushing his long, dark hair. It was a process that he wouldn’t let anyone else see. He hadn’t shown anyone his hair down since... he couldn’t remember when the last time that happened was. It must have been when he was a child. People wondered why he didn’t just cut it. He didn’t care what they said. He furrowed his brows slightly, trying to get rid of such bothering thoughts. He sat there for a moment, enjoying the silence a bit longer before he got up, grabbing his sword and making his way to class. It was early, so he could probably get in a bit of training before classes actually started. So, he started to head towards the training grounds, hoping not to run into anyone in the process. It was too early for idle chat.

Dimitri, much like Felix, was up early. After all, he had been awake at such an hour for most of his life. That was just how he was raised. There were many reasons for this though, not just to avoid people. For starters, his complicated armor could take a while to put on, not to mention he liked to polish he lance in the mornings and make sure he was in the right condition to train and learn. He also liked to get a good meal in the mornings, as it helped him focus more. He head out into the monastery grounds, greeting those he passed. He tried his best to be friendly to those around him, even though he was certainly aware of the fact that not everyone smiled brightly upon him. He understood that he would be disliked by some and he accepted this. Either way, it didn’t put a damper on his mood. He smiled a bit as he saw Byleth making her way towards the classroom she was teaching in, but he didn’t bother to say anything. She looked like she was busy and he didn’t want to disturb her while she was setting up. So, he minded his business with a chuckle and went upon his way to the dining hall. The Professor sure was a hard one to figure out. He was still having trouble doing that himself. But, one day, he wanted to actually get to know her.

((Okay I’m going to leave it here for now! The other characters I’ll play (for now) are Ashe, Hilda, and Annette, but I’ll add them later since I don’t want to just be repeating the same opening post! I’ll add them when they have someone to interact with! Hope this is alright for a starter!))

[ Nohrian ]

• Seteth was being his usual grouchy self as he walked down the hallways, looking for some of the teachers since he has yet to explain their assignments for the month. Speed walking down the hallways, people moving the sides of the hallways to let him through, keeping his gaze ahead as he continued his search. Realizing that maybe he should be heading towards the teacher's offices hoping that some of the teachers were already in their offices, so he turned his destination towards there. Keeping his walking brisk and fast he approached the offices, peeking inside the offices, seeing Manuela and Shamir talking already, so he approached them, getting their attentions, knowing to keep it brisk since Manuela has a class to attend to.

Edelgard had woken up bright and early like always, curious as to how her lessons for the day was going to go, though she did need to talk to her teacher about the mission. Hearing a knock as her door she yells that she will be a moment, making sure that she has everything before opening up the door, seeing Hubert. Greeting him before closing the door behind her, she quickly walks towards where her house's class was being held. Hearing the footsteps from Hubert behind her she keeps her pace up, seeing some of the students from the other classes before reaching her classroom, seeing that the other members of the house have already arrived.

|~| Sorry if it sounds kinda weird, very tired from a long day of work |~|

• Luckily, the Blue Lions classroom wasn’t far from her own room. She didn’t have her own office yet, so most of the time she was either in her room or in the classroom (that’s to say, when she wasn’t running around the monastery trying to track students down for information). She set her belongings down in the empty classroom and took it in. It was... quiet, which was a nice change. No bickering fro Felix and Sylvain, none of Ashe’s many questions, nothing. That wasn’t to say she didn’t enjoy these things, it was just a nice change so early in the morning. Though... she wasn’t sure what to do now that nobody was there. She took a seat and sat there, just waiting, enjoying the quiet nature of things for the time being.

Dimitri was he first to enter the classroom, as he usually was. He smiled softly at his Professor, who seemed to be sitting in the classroom alone with a blank look on her face. He knew better by now, knowing that she was probably lost in thought at this point, and not just staring off into nothing. “Good morning, Professor,” he said gently, as to not yank her out of her thoughts and spook her. She blinked a few times and looked at him, nodding her greeting. She could be quiet at times, and Dimitri appreciated that. As much as he loved having a conversation with her, it was a nice break to just exchange pleasantries and remain in silence.

Felix didn’t even look at the time while he was training. If he was late to his lecture, then so be it. Training with a physical sword was much more important than discussing strategies and such, at least that’s what he though. Though, as the sweat started to roll down the sides of his face, he decided it would probably be the best option to actually head the class. He wanted to avoid the stares of his classmates in all honesty. So, he packed up his sword, which he usually kept by his side, and started to clean up before heading across the monastery and to his classroom. He was bothered to see that Dimitri and the Professor were the only ones there and the moment. A scoff escaped his lips and he didn’t say anything as he plopped himself into a seat.

((Sorry this is so short! Also, let me know if you want any of our characters to interact! I could play a character or two from the Black Eagles house if you’d like!))

[ Nohrian ]

• In just a couple of minutes Seteth had explained what their missions were, something that he knows they can achieve, especially with Manuela and her class right behind her to back her up. With that being done he turns around, excusing himself as he walked back to the Archbishop, leaving Manuela and Shamir to whatever they needed to do. Manuela excuses herself as well, leaving Shamir on her own as Manuela slowly walked towards where her class is, wondering if anyone was there yet, though more then likely Edelgard and Hubert already there. Seeing movement in her classroom as she slowly approached she couldn't help but allow a knowing smile appear as she strolls in, "Hello class, I have news for our new mission which I will be mentioning after classes, so please do not leave yet until then." She says as she makes her way to the front, moving her gaze towards each and every one of her students.

Edelgard was expecting that the class was going to get a mission at some point, but when was the question, especially since she wants to learn as much as she can to help those in her kingdom and her friends as well. She wasn't above learning something new and she knew this, rather grateful that her wishes to be treated like any other student granted while she was learning. Hearing the high heels of the teacher approach the entrance of the classroom she turns her gaze towards Manuela, hearing the announcement of a new mission. A smile appearing on her face she looks at the others of the Black Eagle house, each and every one of them nodding their heads in acknowledgement.

|~| So sorry for the long wait, BF came into town for the first time so I've been distracted, if you want to play a couple of characters from the Black Eagles I can roleplay some from the Blue Lions myself ^^ |~|

• ((That’s perfectly alright! I’ve been completely swamped with sorority stuff so I’ve had very little time as well! And yes! I would like to try playing Ferdinand and maybe another character in the Black Eagles house but I haven’t decided who yet! Is there anyone you’d want me to be? I’m willing to try anyone!))

Byleth waited for the rest of the Blue Lions class to saunter in. The good thing about them was nobody was late. It was a blessing that she had such a good class, all of them were pretty well behaved (maybe with the exception of Sylvain at times). But still, it almost brought a smile to her face. As she watched Dimitri and Felix exchange looks, she chucked a bit to herself. She thought herself to be very observant, so watching her students interactions was rather amusing to her. She enjoyed it greatly. When everyone’s talking started to die down, she cleared her throat and made them aware of their mission this month. It wasn’t anything too big, so she had faith that everyone would do a wonderful job. She knew that every single one of them was training hard, so she didn’t have any concerns when it came to their fighting.

Felix let out a sigh when Byleth informed the class of their mission. It seemed that they were tasked with taking care of some bandits. How trivial. He scoffed a bit, which earned a glare from Dimitri. The raven-haired male didn’t seem to acknowledge it. At least he would get to get some training in. Part of him wished they could have a mock battle of some sort again, but he knew that would come later. He himself felt prepared but he knew the other students in his class definitely needed the training. He waited for the rest of the class to quiet down from their chattering before letting out a heavy sigh.

Ferdinand sat in the classroom with the others. Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted Edelgard idly chatting with Hubert. Honestly, that boy scared him. Either way, all of them were eager for their Professor to come to class in order to give them their mission. He tapped his fingers on the desk and rested his head in his hand. Usually he didn’t feel so lethargic, but he was rather tired that day. He was itching to get their mission so that he would have yet another chance to show Edelgard that He was stronger than her. So far, his plans to do so hadn’t gone so well. But this time, he was determined. He was absolutely going to one up her this time! He didn’t care if Hubert or the others said he couldn’t. After all, it was just a friendly competition, right? He more than respected her as the heir to the Adrestian Empire. He would most definitely serve her, but not blindly. He just wanted to show that he was stronger (and possibly more capable) than her. He knew he could do it one day, and every mission gave him more and more chances to do so.

((Sorry this was short! Writing this between talking to people ;-; sororities are draining))

[ Nohrian ]

• Also wow apologies if I sounded rude, I didn’t mean to bump this! I want to give you as much time as you need

Apparently I took a nap and then bumped it in like, a fever dream state? I swore it was a dream but apparently not! So sorry if I came across as pushy!!

• Manuela always knew that there was a friendly competition among her students, and these missions helped them get stronger as well as improve in their trust with each other. Because of this she would always encourage the competition as long as there was no backstabbing, which she heavily doubted as going to be a issue. "But now that we have that out there, let us start with class, today will be about the ancient war." She says as Edalgard and Hubert take their seats, quietly listening to the lesson on hand even though they had a little knowledge of the war already.

Sylvain was in the classroom too busy preening his hair, gotta make sure that he was perfect for the ladies, even for Byleth. With him sitting backwards in the chair as he was preening himself he took a glance at everyone else arriving. He nonchalantly waves his hand at Ferninand when he finally arrives at the classroom before reaching into his back pocket. Pulling out a mirror he continues messing with himself, waiting for class to start.

|~| No need to apologize, it's a my bad since my muse has been iffy due to it becoming the busy season at my job so we are getting swamped. But trust me I understand that happening. Imma start condensing them into 1 paragraph since my muse is so iffy right now,I hope that you do not mind.

Then I'll be Sylvain, and hmm, well I do like Petra so maybe her if you are up for it? Anyone else you want me to play in the Blue Lions?|~|

• As Manuela started to speak, Ferdinand’s senses perked up a bit. He was always one to stay focused when it came to lessons. After all, how was he going to beat Edelgard if he wasn’t prepared? He smiled a bit and nodded enthusiastically with what his professor was saying. As a noble, he already knew quite a bit about the ancient war already. Still, that did not stop him from putting all of his focus into the lesson that was at hand. He sent a slight glare at Hubert at one point. He knew he wouldn’t never let him get close enough to his precious “Lady Edelgard” in order to prove his superiority. He scoffed a bit to himself, knowing that he would have to confront the rat-like male at some point if he truly wanted to achieve his goal.

Petra was actually a bit late to class that day. When she entered the classroom belonging to the Black Eagles, she bowed slightly. “My apologies are sincere,” she said to Professor Manuela before taking her seat. She didn’t know how she had overslept, but it happened. She didn’t look at her other classmates as she readied herself to take notes, prepared to take care of whatever she had missed so far.

Felix rolled his eyes when he saw Sylvain. He was messing with his hair, like always. He didn’t know why he was so annoying all the time. There were much better things than girls in life, but that was all that Sylvain seemed to care about. He scoffed and crossed his arms heavily across his chest. He saw Dimitri walk up and greet Sylvain. Great. The boar prince and the idiot were mingling. Things couldn’t get better. He turned his head when Professor Byleth cleared her throat, indicating that the lesson would be starting. Good, he needed something to take his mind off of things. He didn’t think studying was as important as training, but he was beginning to see the value in it.

Byleth cleared her throat, making sure everyone was paying attention. It still felt weird to have all eyes on her, but he was slowly starting to get used to it. She had informed them of the months mission and now It was time to start their lessons. She started talking about some history of Fòdlan. She suspected that the nobles in the group had already heard such tales before, but it was good to lecture on things that weren’t always tactics and weapon strategies. She taught on for a bit before ending the lesson, giving the students time to mingle. She knew If she didn’t allow this break for questions and free time, the students would get antsy and their attention would fade. Plus, it gave her a chance to get to know the people in her class. After all, they were relatively around the same age. She figured she might as well make friends out of the situation.

((I completely get it! That’s why my posts have been so short. Muse has been hard to find recently.

And alright! If you wanted to maybe be Dedue or Ashe I wouldn’t mind! Or anyone else really! Feel free to be whoever!))

Edit: apologies if this is terribly ooc. I found out I have the flu and apparently I wrote this in some hazy state last night!

[ Nohrian ]

The post was edited 1 time, last by Nohrian ().

• |~| I am! I was just starting my response! Lol|~|

• Oh my bad!! I’m sorry if I sounded pushy! I just got this surge of muse since my sorority stuff is finished after 2 weeks and I finally feel free!

Take all the time you need!

• Manuela paused in her lesson when she heard Petra come in, giving her a smile, "No worries Petra, we all have those days." She says as she looks over the class again, making sure that everyone was there this time before continuing her lesson. To her knowing the history of the land you walk can be quite important, especially since it can be used tactically, ranging from political to even on the battlefield. That being said she made sure she didn't bore the students too much with the lesson, understanding how boring it can be as well as how tedious it can be to memorize.

Edelgard took a side glance towards Ferdinand since she was feeling a gaze on her, guessing that it was him since there was a friendly competition between the two. Turning her gaze over to Petra she gave the other female a gentle smile, disliking those days when you have a late start to your day. After hearing the teacher greet Petra and then return to the lesson Hubert looks over at Ferdinand when he sees Edelgard look over towards him. Giving a small grin towards the other male he looks back at his teacher, starting to take notes as well.

Sylvain continued looking at his mirror even when the teacher started the lesson, grinning to himself when he saw Felix's reaction. Hearing the doors open he directed his eyes towards Dedue, a bit surprised that the large brute was late in the first place. "Sorry for interrupting." Dedue says in a calm but apologetic tone, slowly walking towards where he usually sits. Plopping down in his seat, Dedue makes sure that he has everything so that he can take notes, not knowing what today's lesson is due to being late.

|~| No you're fine lol, I understand the impatience part. |~|

• A slight smile came upon Petra's face when she was met with acceptance from not only her Professor, but her fellow classmates as well. A small sigh of relief escaped her lips and she was able to relax a bit more. Coming to the monastery from Brigid was a big step, even politically. She wasn't sure if she would fit in when she first arrived, especially since she didn't speak the language perfectly. But, with every passing day, she was learning more and more about the culture and ways of Fodlan. She nodded her thanks to Edelgard, seeing the acceptance in her gaze. So, she decided to crack down on focus on the words that Manuela was speaking. After all, she was already late, so she had to catch up on everything in order to further herself.

Ferdinand noticed that Edelgard had glanced at him. Of course, he was too busy focusing to really take note of it. He would have to challenge her to a dual after class. It would increase both of their training and also give himself a chance to finally try and beat her. He exhaled sharply through his nostrils in determination. Though, he was caught off guard when he saw Hubert look at him as well. He gulped a bit. Damn, he didn't think the raven-haired male had noticed the looks he was giving Edelgard. To make matters even worse, he smiled at him. That sent shivers down the noble's spine. It wasn't a nice smile, no, that didn't even seem remotely possible for Hubert. He felt his body tense and he avoided his gaze. That man sure creeped the hell out of him, that was for sure. Plus, they didn't get along in the slightest.

Felix scoffed out loud when he saw Sylvain continue to perfect his appearance. He clenched his fists, wanting nothing more than to punch his childhood friend. Seriously, didn't he have any respect for their professor? Though, thankfully, Byleth cut in and cleared her throat, sending a dangerous look in the flirt's direction. Felix was actually kind of shocked. The professor wasn't known for being very expressive. In fact, for the most part, she showed no emotions at all. So, it was a bit stunning to see her looking angry. It almost brought him joy that such a look was directed at Sylvain. He looked over to him, a smug smirk present on his face, in a 'i'm better than you' sort of way. He just wanted this class to go smoothly so that he could get back to training after this. Though, it seemed like there was to be many interruptions, since Dedue came in late.

Dimitri looked over to his most trusted retainer when Dedue walked in. He was rather surprised that the man was late to class. He was usually up when Dimitri was, helping him get ready and plan the day. He looked in his direction and gave him a nod of greeting. He glanced over to Byleth, who seemed to not mind his late appearance. After all, Dedue almost never slept in. Dimitri was sure that he had a good reason. So, once everyone seemed to be settled and quiet, the teaching began.

It didn't feel like long before Byleth was done. After that, Felix gathered his items and got up. He intended on going to the training grounds, as he usually did, but he stopped by Sylvain. He felt the need to say what was on his mind. "Do you even know how disrespectful you're being? Honestly, it's like you don't even think sometimes..." he mumbled, clearly still mad with how he acted at the beginning of class.

[ Nohrian ]

• |~| I'll post tomorrow! Sorry just trying to find my muse so that way my posts aren't super short ^^;; |~|

• Sylvain jumped a bit when he heard Byleth start to lecture him about him being rude, blinking a few times before putting his mirror away, "Sorry, I don't mean to seem disrespectful, I got standards I want to uphold but I do have to learn." He says as he pulls out his notebook so that way he can take notes, "I'll pay attention now if you want to continue the lesson." He says with a small smile, not trying to push his teacher's buttons but trying to reassure her that he was gonna pay attention now. When Dedue came into class he wasn't expecting for his teacher to snap at Sylvain, though it wasn't a surprise since it was something that bothered everyone quite a bit. Looking at the pretty boy he sighs before looking back at his teacher, wondering if it will only last this class session.

Manuela was going along with her lesson, though at some point she paused on her lesson, "How about we take a break real quickly from the lesson and talk about the task we were given this month?" She asks looking at her class, seeing Edelgard and Hubert nodding their heads, "It would be a good idea even though we do have some time before we have to do it." Edelgard says as Manuela nods her head, "Then lets do it, plus I don't want to make you guys bored the entire time." She says with her traditional smile.

|~| Sorry just feel like I would be repeating the same thing over and over again XD

Plus sorry again ;^: I wanted to respond sooner but was busy and muse is still iffy|~|