FAMILY JEWELS [blightblitz]

Check out this announcement about new leadership limits in Agrelos
  • THE CITY'S OURS UNTIL THE FALL ——— TAGS

The drone of insects humming started the usual routine of awaking dawn. Slowly, the forest came alive with the layers of sounds echoing in the cold morning air. Little frogs croaked under large, broad leaves. The webs were stringed with delicate drops of morning dew, glistening in the first shards of sunlight. Early morning mist began to clear, dew laying upon grass and cobwebs, a rising sun casting orange and pink onto a thin layer of cloud as the dawn chorus emerged out of the silence.

The fawn molly would yawn silently whilst stretching all four limbs, legs built for agility, slender muscles formulated over moons of climbing practice forced upon her both by her mentor and the free will to do so. Emeralds as eyes blinked gently upon scanning the somewhat camp, triangular ears subtly flicking atop her skull as Lynxflight slowly adjusted to waking up, now ready to depart for a morning hunting patrol. Given the fact that the leaves would start falling soon (which meant prey would be scarce by the days) Lynxflight figured now was the right time to start stocking up on prey supplies to support their ever growing clan.

Spotting Blightblitz, the vivacious molly would approach him with a warm smile illuminating wheat-hued facial features, offering him a wave of her tail as a way of greeting. "Morning! Care to come on a hunting patrol with me?"

BLIGHTBLITZ  

• blight has always found himself to be an early riser. each morning he slipped from his den when the sky was still the richest of indigo and the stars glittered with all their might. this was, in his opinion, the most peaceful time of day. yesterday was gone, and the upcoming day had yet to begin. it seemed like a moment of limbo, where there were no responsibilities, no worries. just the faint hoot of an owl, and the scratchy song of crickets.

his muscular body was curled within the roots of the tree that supported their new camp. he still wasn't too sure about how he felt about the move. the warrior understood that it was needed, but he was always rather uneasy about change. his tail twitched at his side, being the only movement from the warrior as sluggishly the sun peaked over the horizon and woke the forest. he was in the process of washing his forepaws when lynxflight approached.

her voice was like birdsong, welcoming and sweet. blightblitz could almost taste the honey that dripped off her tongue. once his light gaze fell upon her delicate features, the tom was not quite able to suppress the smile that stretched across his speckled face. "lynxflight! goodmorning!" he purred, pushing himself into a seating position as a streak of electricity jolted through his chest. "i'd be honored." he mewed, running his tongue over his lips before he stood and gave a mighty stretch. "where in the territory did you have in mind?"

THE BITTERSWEET BETWEEN MY TEETH

TRYING TO FIND THE IN-BETWEENS / FALL BACK IN LOVE EVENTUALLY

YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH / CAN'T HELP MYSELF BUT COUNT THE FLAWS

BLIGHTBLITZ | SKYCLAN | TORTOISESHELL POINT W/ BLUE EYES | TAGS | PENNED BY GOOEY

If Lynxflight was aware how the tortoiseshell male felt about their change of scenery, then she would be comforted knowing that she was not the only one who felt slightly uneasy about it. Of course she understood that it was necessary, and she appreciated her mother's efforts in finding their clan a new home, as well as bring in favour of the beautiful camp that they now called home. But there was a certain stubbornness radiating from Lynxflight, a headstrong molly who found it difficult in letting things go, regarding the move. Nevertheless, she knew that there was no choice but to simply move on. So long as SkyClan was safe, that was all that matter, didn't it?

"Great!" she could not help but smile enthusiastically, excited at the prospect of going on a hunting patrol, something that she found great enjoyment in especially when in the company of another. At his question, the fawn femme was admittedly stumped, triangular auricles flicking with thought. That was a good question. Blinking gently at Blightblitz, she parted slender jaws to speak once about. "How about somewhere we haven't explored yet? I haven't checked out the northern border yet, have you? It's...taking quite a while to become familiar with our new home"

• of course he had. his mind had refused to let him sleep until he had scoured every inch of this new, strange place. to him, knowing what surrounded him as he hunted birds in his dreams made falling asleep at the end of the day much easier. it felt like fleas crawling about his pelt, to not know. but there was such excitement in her tone that he just couldn't bear to extinguish that flame within her. his teeth glinted in the morning light as he flashed them in a smile. "i havent gotten around to it yet..." blightblitz stated, flexing his claws against the worn ground below. "but it'd love to check it out, as you're the one accompanying me." whoops, too bold of a statement. "i mean, who else could save my tail if something bad happened?"

BLIGHTBLITZ | SKYCLAN | TORTOISESHELL POINT W/ BLUE EYES | TAGS | PENNED BY GOOEY

Lynxflight could not help but visibly blush, carved cheekbones accentuated with a slight crimson at the bold statement. She wasn't witty when it came to responding to such comments, nevertheless purring with amusement before shaking her head as if to say 'oh, Blightblitz'. "What, you can't fight for yourself?" teased the fawn molly with her own grin, thin lips parting to reveal flashing pearlescent incisors. With a gentle flick of the tip of her tail to motion the tortoiseshell to follow her, on agile paws at a slow trotting pace, she would set off towards the camp exit that marked the entrance to the woodland they now called home.

"I imagine it'll take us quite a while to get there" Lynxflight added with a frown, slightly tipping her onyx nose into the air to inhale the plethora of scents that danced around them. Coming from the the right side of her was the scent of the lake, which was eastwards, confirming to the senior warrior that they were going in the right direction - forward for North. "So do tell me a bit about yourself since we have plenty of time"

• a playful scoff left him. ”pfft—of course i can. it’s just good to know that you’ll be around if it’s too much for me to chew. you weren’t made a senior warrior for nothing.” blight stated with a purr, following closely after the fawn kissed fae. his steps fell in line with hers, matching the lackadaisical speed as they continued forth through the woodland realm. he couldn’t help but agree with her statement, nodding silently as his puddle gaze danced through the shadows. he too could smell the cool, crisp scent of water. or rather, not the water but the damp earth that it touched, and the thick greenery that grew at its banks. her next words caught him off guard, and yet another smile crossed his onyx lips. ”ain’t much too exciting to tell.” blightblitz mewed with a shrug, flicking a nicked ear. ”but, i’ll tell you a secret you can’t tell anyone.” there was a mischievous tone to his words. ”despite living in skyclan, where we’re all about trees and stuff—i’m really not all that much of a fan of heights.” another shrug came from the tom as he walked. ”it makes my legs get all shaky, and shaky legs are never fun when you’re more than halfway up a tree. but—what about you? what are your deepest, darkest secrets?” the tortoiseshell point added with a chuckle, turning upon her delicate features with a gentle grin.

Again, she would blush, this time with...well, she wasn't quite so sure. Any mention of her promotion to senior warrior made her gush with both pride and excitement, humbly. "Alright then, I suppose so" she chuckled lightly through parted lips, emeralds as eyes fixed straight ahead at the path laid out in front of them. The path twisted and turned, snaking around the ancient trees that grew in SkyClan territory, their roots criss-crossed, gnarled and uneven. "You can count on me to have your back" And the same would be said for anyone else, really. Lynxflight would not let harm come to her clanmates if it was within her power of preventing it from doing so.

Triangular ears flicked with interest as the male spoke, though she hid her surprise at his revelation. Lynxflight hadn't expected him to admit a fear of heights. In truth, he didn't seem afraid of anything. Nevertheless she felt rather honoured to know, albeit it was a minor secret. "Well I could always help you with that" she suggested with a slight shrug, before continuing. "I won't tell anyone your secret if you keep quiet for me, too" She wasn't sure why she was telling Blightblitz, but she figured he could be trusted, right? "It's like your secret, but a bit different. I'm fine with trees but...not water. It's not a deep and dark secret, but I can't swim"

• in that moment, as her words left sugared lips, he was hers. not in the intimate, sucking faces type of way. but all of his attention rested within her paws. her perfectly pitched tones enthralled him like the song of a siren, just with less death. "well i could always help you with that." oh boy oh boy. could she see the flames that ignited within his mottled cheeks? blight prayed to starclan that she couldn't, but his smile was much harder to try and hide. "iuh..." he seemed at a loss for words. "i'd like that." the tom finally managed to state, ears perking once again as she continued.

can't swim?

a soft chuckle left him. "water is for riverclan anyway." blightblitz mused with a teasing smile. "i cant say that i know how to either... ive never been in water that was deeper than my belly." his tail waved like a banner behind him, curling ever so slightly at the tip. "whats it like, being the leaders kid?" blight inquired suddenly, icy irises back upon the lithe shecat.

She had helped her mother with climbing, and figured why not offer her services to someone who required the same help? Besides, being a senior warrior hadn't changed her schedule - she was still just as busy, and just as free, as she had been before. If anything the promotion only meant she had more pressure upon her shoulders to keep doing what she was doing, not that it was a problem, though. Lynxflight enjoyed hunting, patrolling, whatever had to be done. Keeping busy kept her mind occupied.

She chuckled lightly at his comment, that water was for RiverClan. That was true, she had seen them swim, and it was fascinating in truth. But, such activities did not interest her. There was little water in and around SkyClan's territory, so what was the point? His next question had been just as unexpected, emeralds as eyes widening into surprised circles. "It...doesn't feel any different, to be honest" Lynxflight confessed, glancing at him, to the side. "It's just nice knowing I have my parents around. What about you?

• "what about you?"

his ears twitched, as if he had to fight the urge to flatten them while it seemed that every nerve in his body winced at her inquiry. when it came to family, blight had no one. his parents were both kittypets, assumingly, but he'd only ever known his mother. her name was tuna, she was a chocolate point with his own icy blue eyes. he'd always thought of her as the prettiest cat in all of creation. he had three siblings; jitterbug, quincey, and chickpea. as far as he knew, they were all still living comfortable lives as kittypets. a life that was never for him. as soon as he no longer relied on the precious elixir that was his mothers milk, he'd left the twoleg nest with the thought that he could survive on his own. blight had found out pretty quickly that he'd bitten off way more than he could chew.

three weeks later, he was found by a tortoiseshell tom by the name of pooch. pooch seemed to take him under his wing without a blink of an eye. he taught him how to hunt, how to fight, how to survive. so blight grew into an even more skilled rogue than his mentor, being more quick and agile than the more heavier set tom. they became pretty good friends, until it all was cut bitterly short by a set of dogtooth claws. blitz had never quite understood what had provoked the bloodclanner, he just recalled stumbling upon pooch arguing with the ivory shecat. then, like lightning, her paw struck out and tore fatally into his throat. pooch was dead before his body hit the concrete. he couldn't recall a time he'd ever ran so fast in his life.

the next couple days were a blurr, almost as if they hadn't really happened. but somehow he found himself at the mercy of skyclan. and they took him in with open paws.... blightblitz blinked, having realized that he'd let the silence roll on a little too long. "err." he began, swallowing the lump in his throat. "i never really knew my family. i left my mother when i was old enough to live without her milk." quit choking on your words, pull yourself together. "i was raised by a rogue, until i was about 7 moons. he, uh, passed away." the warriors voice was so small... it'd been so long since his mind had wondered down a path he tried so hard not to stray down on. he sometimes still had the nightmares.

you could have saved him.

pooch is dead because of you.

because of you.

Lynxflight was quick to catch the vibe that was coming from the male beside her, a rather uneasy one, almost as though she had touched a soft spot. Feeling rather guilty for asking him something so personal in the first place, the fawn molly could now only listen, quietly, emerald visionaries fixed straight ahead, triangular ears perked tall atop a well-shaped cranium. Thankfully she was not familiar with family tragedies or losing loved ones, apart from her sister, for which Lynxflight blamed BloodClan for. Perhaps if Wheatbell had never fallen in love with that meddling guard then just maybe she would still be alive to this day, to tend to her children. Lynxflight hoped such another day would not come anytime soon.

"I'm sorry to hear that" she murmured softly, whiskers twitching when her lips parted to speak solemn words, gently touching his shoulder with the tip of her voluminous tail as reassurance. Well...things had taken a rather depressing turn, hadn't they? "What was it like, living the rogue lifestyle?" She, admittedly, imagined the unlimited freedom was fun, but what did clan-born and bred Lynxflight know?

• it felt like a flame ignited where her tail touched. not an unpleasant burning, but rather one that was similar to the heat he felt within his cheeks. blightblitz turned his sleek cranium towards lynx flight and gave her a small, but genuine smile. ”it’s alright. i don’t particularly regret the events that lead me here.” the tortoiseshell point stayed with a shrug. her next inquiry sparked interest within him. ”it was fun.” blitz mused, waving his serpentine tail. ”there were no rules, no code, no borders. you could go wherever and do whatever as you pleased. the sky was the limit.” all traces of his previous discomfort had faded away as he spoke about the freedom that was the rogue life. ”you could walk for days and days and never be stopped, unless you chose to. in a way, I felt like the world was mine—that not a single soul could tell me how to live my life.” the warriors eyes were sparkling, and the smile that played upon his rubbery lips stretched from ear to ear. ”you belonged to no one, you were your own cat free to make your own choices.”

He made it sound like an absolute utopia, for Lynxflight could only imagine the infinite freedom he had experienced as a rogue, and almost envied it. Not that she despised rules - she strictly followed the warrior code, and other laws her mother had enforced within the clan, supporting them no doubt, but with rules came worries and perhaps even conflict when said rules were broken. As a rogue, there were no worries but survival, and to her, that was exciting. Still, she was happy here, and SkyClan was exactly where the senior warrior wanted to be and intended to stay. She had a duty to uphold, responsibilities, friends and family. Together they gave her a sense of purpose. "Do you miss it?" she inquired with a flick of the ear, tipping her head to side as she further questioned Blightblitz. "It sounds like you do, a little bit" Lynxflight admitted, before continuing with what was now a cheeky grin laced upon her fawn maw. "But don't go leaving SkyClan anytime soon, else I'll be the one you'll need protecting from"

• ”sometimes.” blightblitz replied cooly, peering at lynxflight in all her beauty. ”i miss not knowing what my day would consist of. here in skyclan, everyone has got a bit of a routine. on my own, i wasn’t sure what exactly i was going to face.” his paws matched her each and every step, almost as if they were two bodies linked to one brain. ”but i was lonely. everyone i met was hostile and aggressive—no one just wanted to chat. skyclan gave me what i was missing. for a sense of friendship and family that i’d lost when i lost pooch.”

her next statement drew a soft, yet deep throated laugh from the tri-colored feline. ”as long as you’re here, i’m not going anywhere.” such a bold statement. as his sky mirrored gaze turned fully upon the pale shecat, blightblitz neglected from assessing his surroundings properly. his paws stepped too close to the edge of a small drop off, causing the once elegant animal to tumble and slide awkwardly down its sandy side and into a particularly thick bushel of brambles. a whining groan left him as blitz scrambled to his paws. vines of thorns seemed to reach out and wrap themselves around him, trying their hardest to keep him trapped within their prickly grasp. ”ah great starclan—“ the mottled tom hissed under his breath before raising his voice to lynxflight. ”lets not speak about this to anyone!”

She supposed that was what she liked so much about being a clan - as the social butterfly she was, Lynxflight craved interaction on a daily basis. She enjoyed talking to others, getting to know them, having the company of both friends and family, and imagined life would be pretty boring if one were alone for most of the time, nothing and no one to stimulate their mind. Thus it did not come as a surprise to Lynxflight to hear that Blightblitz was lonely as a rogue. "Well...I don't plan on going anywhere either so it looks like we'll be here forev-"

Her words were suddenly cut off as the fawn molly skidded to a halt, curvilinear claws immediately unsheathing themselves to dig into the soil in an attempt to prevent her from toppling over like Blightblitz. Of course, she was concerned that the mottled tom had managed to hurt himself, but she had to admit it was a rather funny sight. Lightly biting her salmon pink tongue to prevent herself from laughing out loud, whiskers twitching with amusement, she cautiously made her way towards him. "Need any help?" Lynxflight taunted in an innocent manner, reaching out to use her claws to gently rip the vines apart in an effort to untangle him.

• *rises from inactivity*

his pale gaze fell upon her instantly, watching her smooth movements as she carefully picked her way down towards him. a sheepish grin crossed his features and boy, did his cheeks light aflame. despite the annoying, and slightly painful prickling that seemed to cover his entire body, she was his only focus. "brambles one, blightblitz zero." the mottled tom mused, turning his head so he could pull at a vine that draped over his shoulders. with her help, he was out rather quickly. any injuries he had, they were just minor flesh wounds that didn't even bother to bring blood. the tom was actually surprised that by the end of it no one had gotten a thorn stuck in their paw. "i hope i didn't scare the prey away." he joked, shaking off the remaining tendrils and slithering beside lynx.