Take it all but you never give || p; sabotage

Check out this announcement about new leadership limits in Agrelos
  • Put you right back on your feet
    Just so you can take advantage of me

tags

shadows crept across the ground as dawn approached fast. steps were careful, crossing through the territory of bloodclan. tiny pawsteps left imprints in the mud, her fur caking despite the heavy rain pouring from the sky.

golden optics glowed in the dark, shimmering with disappointment. Her silhouette dragged, walking from darkclan as the golden tyro approached the city once again.

It seemed she wasn't the only one though, a hissing noise startling venice and causing her to let out a cry. A large white rat looking creature came out of the bushes, her babies hanging on branches behind from their tails.

Red eyes met her golden, and a dangerous look crossed the white rats face, approaching her. The small kit flattened her ears to her skull, backing herself into a wall as the possum furthered her in it.

Her tail wrapped around her leg anxiously as she made herself look small and hidden. The submissive manner mattered not to the mother, lunging foreward to take a chunk out of venice, causing a scream quickly muffled so others would not confront her about being gone.

But she needed help, rolling onto her side to try to throw off the possum, rather recieving a worst feeling of meat tearing off her shoulder from the rats grip.

Tears ran down her cheeks as she tumbled backwards into the mud puddles, and the rain beating hard on her opposite side. A loud sob could not be helped as the possum approached to still try to scare her away.

"HELP!"

SABOTAGE

"Found you when your heart was broke

I filled your cup until it overflowed" -- [tags]

Venice | female | 5 moons (real age) | bloodclan | daughter of nate |

roleplayed by deidre

• 5LwJ4IR.png?1

—S A B O T A G E—

—— The beating rhythm of rain matched the slamming of rocketing paws against the unyielding, unforgiving concrete of the city. His bones were shards of ice lancing mercilessly through shivering flesh; the fire of his golden eyes reduced to a wavering, uncertain candlelight by sky's assault. Pelt awash in reflective silver, slicked down to meet the taut skin encasing his lean form, he resembled a fish flickering through a sunlit current. A restless urge of aimless energy screamed in his dark paws, driving his body forward to no end but the thrill of movement itself; the cold ecstasy of rain whipping against his eager face. He could outrun his doubts, fill his head with every one of the world's sounds and sensations -- and not a single thought.

A note was out of place. A single discordant tone hidden in a symphony of discordant melodies. The terrified screech of a little girl, coming into sharp focus and ringing out clearly over the chaos of other, meaningless sounds. Instantly his momentum took a new course, mind returning from its place in the thunderclouds. In another heartbeat he was there, watching the ghostly beast terrorize the child, then feeling his teeth clamp down over its neck and his mouth fill with bristles, tasting blood on his tongue. He went through the motions without hesitation, as if it were the only possible course his body could take in that moment. As he stood over the cowering kitten and the corpse of the creature, he was aware all at once of how he'd grown over the past moons, his legs tall and corded with hard, lean muscle, his pelt rippling with new strength. His willowy body would no longer break in the wind, but bend. Adapt. Resist.

He knelt down close to Venice, eyes welling with concern as he gently searched the jagged mess of her shoulder. The faint scent of Nathanos lingered about her, a nightmarish perfume, so out of place when paired with the image of the gentle child. He wondered whether he was hallucinating. "Venice?" He murmured, as if he were unsure she was really there. And if she were, why? He had too many questions, none of which could be asked as her blood still dripped onto the pavement, to mingle with the rain-puddles gathered there. "Come, we need to get you home, tigryonak. Can you walk?" Little tiger. It had been so long since he'd used those old words. Perhaps, some part of him had decided that they would grant her strength.

//sorry for the essay lol

tags

I'M A MOLOTOV COCKTAIL

★ 8 moons ★ bloodclan head guard ★ played by midsummer ★

tags

No problem it's a beautiful essay//

The cries into the sky seemed to have saved her, a body appearing into her vision as the mother seemed to lunge again. a reddish brown form tore through the possum, and she looked away, her eyes watching the little movements in the bush, frantic and scared as the squeaks and growls. she didnt want to know if sabotage killed her or not, her mind worried on that and the kids before her shoulder.

When sabotage gained her attention to take her home, her golden eyes looked up to the ever fast changing brute. He was getting a lot bigger than she remembered, scrunching her face in confusion, but changing it as quickly as it came. She glanced over at the bloodied shoulder her ears flattening back against her skull as blood oozed out of it and down her leg. Pressing her paw down and shifting around, she let out a Yelp of pain, her eyes welling with tears.

She was weak, letting pain overtake her. Not only did tears well from pain, but remembering her recent encounter with her father. How strange it had been, how much it hurt to see he didnt care. Her head slumped and she took her paw off the ground. "I can make it, sir," she mumbled, pushing herself to her three paws, and wavering from unbalance.

She just didnt want to seem weak, but she forced a smile at the nickname. Tigronak. It sounded pretty, and thinking about it, her smile turned real. The strength he intended seemed to let her relax, and she attempted to move to let herself rest against his leg for support. "Thank you, sabotage."

roleplayed by deidre

• 5LwJ4IR.png?1

—S A B O T A G E—

—— The touch of the battered girl against his leg brought a small, sad smile to his face. He didn't know what she had endured, why she was out here all alone on this dark day. But from the scents of Nathanos and DarkClan still lingering in her pelt, almost washed entirely away by the rain, he could guess. She'd seen her father, that was certain. Surely, it hadn't gone well. In a way that was good -- that she would have no delusions about him, perhaps could come to realize the evil burning in the beast's heart. But that made her suffering no less heartbreaking. He wondered what it must be like to love someone so much, only to receive nothing in return. He'd never had a family himself, been careful with his trust even since joining his new clan, but even trying to imagine what she felt brought on a cold, heavy knot in his stomach. Pain. Fear. Humiliation. Self-loathing. And sadness, so much crushing, gray-tinged desolation, woven into all the others and wrapped up into an inextricable mess. If he lived in Venice's paws, he wasn't sure if he could stay standing under that kind of weight.

The numbness of those borrowed emotions suddenly began to burn away, eaten hungrily by his fire. How dare he? How dare Nathanos do this to his own daughter? He was not surprised that the tabby had again shown the barrenness of his heart, but rage boiled in him nonetheless. A part of him whispered to calm down, to forget his anger until he had all the facts. But he knew he was right, he had to be. Another reason to hate him. Another reason to want the beast's blood on his teeth, when the time came.

His gray muzzle met the top of the kitten's head, with a touch as light as the beat of a butterfly's wings. He had heard the yelp of pain as she had tried to walk, heard the wounded determination in her voice as she insisted she could. Nathanos was a cat who valued strength above all else -- and a love based on that was one doomed to eventually fail. "You're hurt," he said softly. "It is okay not to be strong all the time. Let me help you." They were simple words, but enough to expose the great rift between himself and Nathanos. Cats were not machines; times of weakness were inevitable. A true bond between friends, family, and clanmates meant support. It meant trust in the other that better times would come.

If she let him, he would pick her up gently by the scruff of her neck, to be taken back to camp. He had questions waiting for her there; about her father, about their relationship, and of course, about how she was dealing with it all. But his thirst for knowledge could be satiated later. Unlike Nathanos, he knew when his needs shouldn't come first.

tags

I'M A MOLOTOV COCKTAIL

tags

she did not hate nathanos. she was just heartbroken. she was just alone. she had nobody here in bloodclan- ignored, walked over, and just a kid to others. but in honesty she was used to it. she was used to being alone, her thoughts clouding her, pulling her asunder in a fight of strength and weakness. She wanted nothing but to help and to help and to help, and was treated as weak, being laughed at or pitied as she always had been.

but yet, nathanos came along and showed her she had someone, amused her, for the time until his departure. And of course she had a choice, to join with him, or to stay here, and she should've taken that chance to move, but bloodclan was all she knew. She didnt know darkclan like she knew bloodclan. he said hed care for her, he said hed walk with her, but she grew angry, allowing her loneliness to take into that anger and be a disobedient brat towards her father, letting him walk away. Letting her show herself as weak, just like he knew she was.

It was her fault, in the end.

Sabotages muzzle touched her head in such a sympathetic way, his words melting into her brain, engraving into her mind. Its okay to not be strong all the time.that was wrong to her simple mind. She was never strong. If she was, she would've made nathanos proud. Tears welling in her bright eyes, saddened with grief, she grew limp, letting the reddish brown gaurd pick her up and take her home.

roleplayed by deidre

• 5LwJ4IR.png?1

—S A B O T A G E—

—— They'd made it back to camp all right, even if he was struggling a little catch his breath after carrying Venice home. His muscles were structured for speed, not strength, but that wouldn't stop him from making sure the girl wouldn't tear her wounds open any further by walking on her own. Then he was quick to call for their kind-hearted healer, relief washing over him with the knowledge that she would soon be tended to by capable paws.

Now that the danger in the air had ebbed away, he found himself wanting to fill it with something new. His curiosity, a hunger for outrage, and his intuition all guided him to begin probing the kitten for more information. "You went to DarkClan," he stated evenly, not in accusation but in simple acknowledgement of her actions. "And you saw your father, no?" He paused for a moment. The scent of the beast on her fur had been undeniable. "Did anything happen you... want to talk about?" He could guess at any number of terrible things that may have transpired between father and daughter, but he couldn't know for sure unless Venice decided to confirm his suspicions. Of course, she could always choose to lock away that information, keep her sadness guarded in her little heart. It was what he would do in her paws.

tags

I'M A MOLOTOV COCKTAIL

• just got off, my reply will be soon! Im starting it, but I'm about to drive as soon as my boyfriends done with his deal

Edit; sorry for the essay I had a boost of muse and used it.

roleplayed by deidre

The post was edited 1 time, last by Venice. ().

tags

she did not expect him to be able to carry her as far as he did. He wasn't much older than she was, but she was quite small for being 6 moons, still having quite the kitten appearance to her short but soft fur. At this point, blood was drying to her golden pelt, as well as her fur, yet the pain was seeming to get worse. Not only where the bite had been, but from when she stomped her foot in arguing with her father. The adrenaline from the fear and anger was ebbing away and her heart had finally started to settle.

As the air settled, and her small form was set down, venice let out a breath of air, a sigh. They were in the safety of the cavernous church, quite dry but her soggy coat was still quite heavy.

And then, the questions came. You went to darkclan. How did he know? Her eyes dropped, and her ears flattened, her longer than normal tail wrapping around her side tightly. She remained quiet. and you saw your father,no? Her first instinct was to lie, but you cant lie the truth. She did, and a small swallow was her only reply. How did he know? Was it that obvious? She was gone a few days, but she figured that she could just pull it off that shed gotten lost since she just became a tyro. But he knew. And it scared her how he knew. did anything happen you... want to talk about?

Maybe it was in her face when sabotage first caught sight of her. Maybe something that he had caught- her scent. That's what it had to have been. It had to have been her scent. It confused her, her small teeth biting into the side of her cheek in the uncomfortable silence. Her marigold eyes would refuse to look at the green interrogating her. A shaky breath escaped her jaws as she slightly opened them to speak, before shutting her mouth.

Should she tell him? Knowing that Nathanos did not like sabotage, she did. Quite frankly, sabotage was a great friend, there when she was calling her father for her nightmare when he was not. There when shed gotten attacked when he was never. A pained expression crossed her gaze and tears welled at the edges of her eyes, closing them to hide her weakness. Its okay to not be strong all the time.

It's okay to not be strong.

It's okay.

The child's heart raced, her brain raced, her lungs couldnt breathe as she recollected everything that happened with her father the few days prior. Her paws itched with a feeling she didnt know, her tail strung tighter to her side, before she finally blew.

"I made him mad, because I was selfish. I wanted him to be proud, but I put myself in danger because there were bears on the territory. And I dont know how to hunt so he was right I was quite hungry. He wanted to walk me home but I was scared he was going to die because Bune said he should. I made him mad, and he was going to leave me..." her voice trailed off into heavy breaths from air she had to take from speaking faster than ever. Her voice spoke fast and the next thing the child did was start sobbing, her chest hurting from the pain of feeling alone.

Nathanos was all she had. No one cared about a scrap of fur like her. He was the first to pick her up and acknowledge her existence after her parents died. And he was gone. He cared, but she ruined it. Between sobs, and shaky breaths between her paws where she had laid her head, a jumbled mess came out. "I miss him."

roleplayed by deidre

• this threads giving me quite a bit of muse lmao u busy midsummer ?

roleplayed by deidre

• Ooc knowledge she may have been thinking about and just not telling : sheo offered her to take her to darkclan to join but she had to think about it and afraid to leave bc. but she misses her dad cause hes all she had. So shes torn also because she can go see him and be with him or here where shes only really got sabo and she doesnt know him well.

roleplayed by deidre

• 5LwJ4IR.png?1

—S A B O T A G E—

—— The gravity of Venice's words was too much for the delicate tendons lining his pointed skull, soon dragging them down into a knitted frown. I made him mad. I made him mad. More words, more terrible sadness and lies that hurt to hear spoken in the voice of a child. I miss him. A simple phrase, but one that struck him with the shattering weight of a boulder. Irrationality, the madness displayed by cats like her father, irked him. It was a phenomenon he understood in a logical sense, but one he, ironically, still struggled with the existence of on an emotional level. Irrationality begot more irrationality; it drove him to passion and anger, and now an urge was already shooting through his forelegs to grab her by the shoulders and shake until she understood that her father was wrong. Evil. Uncaring. Narcissistic. Potentially -- psychopathic. That Nathanos had fed her subconscious lie after lie, until the entire toxic mass had wormed its way into her heart to take root. But he knew that would do nothing to help her, and so he tried to keep his voice level and his eyes clear of the violent storm brewing deeper within as he spoke.

"I'm sorry, my dear," he said softly, encircling Venice with his scruffy, too-long tail, permitting her to come closer if she wished but still leaving space if she did not. "That must have been terrible." He gently stroked her back with a velvet paw as she burst into convulsing sobs, sitting by patiently as her body transformed her pain into keening wails; emotion so physical and visceral he almost felt sick to hear it. "But listen to me now, even if you won't believe me at first. You are not selfish, little tiger." He paused. "It is not selfish to want your father's love. A good family should love and find love in return." Sabotage wasn't speaking from experience. His own mother and father had always been unknown to him, lending the words a bitter passion as he uttered them. They espoused an ideal he'd come to cling to in the absence of his own family, a reason not to blame himself for his abandonment -- and so also, a reason to resent them.

There was something else he could say to complete this logic, a statement hanging markedly unsaid in the gloomy air. But your father isn't a good man. How would she respond to that? Perhaps if she were an adult, he'd be more eager to drag her into the world of his politics, to rouse another enemy of the old warlord Nathanos. But it was a broken child he was now trying to piece back together, not the scattered parts of a toy soldier he wished to deploy in his games. Yes, he thought it would be best for her to eventually realize that it was not her, but her father, who was at fault -- but that was her conclusion to come to, even if it would take moons.

tags

I'M A MOLOTOV COCKTAIL

tags

something she couldnt quite decipher, was what was truly evil and what wasnt. She knew the wrongs and rights, but as a child, it wasnt something she would truly understand. Good was being good. After all, she was in a clan titled, Bloodclan, and honestly, that put an edge on her mind that they were supposed to be bad. As far as she knew, blood was bad so why would a clan named bloodclan be good? It was set apart from other clans she knew, especially since they held victims from clans like riverclan. Or did the other clans do that too? So if everyone did it, was there truly a good and bad?

Nonetheless, the sobbing kit tried her best to quit the crying, as she tried to listen to the head gaurd. But the truth was, when ones emotions were worked up as far as hers were, she couldnt say she was truly listening. She never had a family, her family was gone. She didnt know what Family was. Good or bad, when there was family to comfort her, she was too little too remember. And when it was her mother, she had never heard, family. Because that was the thing. As soon as she was born, her siblings all died, and the family was broken as she in turn changed to a ghost child.

A ghost child is a child born after a dead one, and she was the second to last of a litter of five, born with a heartbeat the others would never have. She was never told, but at this age if she were, she would call herself selfish just as she had just done.

But her family was good at disappearing, her father never there and her mother dying, she supposed she was used to others disappearing, just the same as so many others. So nathanos disappearance was expected, but still broke her frail heart. Like two paws crushing a glass bottle into a million pieces. The girl knew she had a choice, she could leave everything she knew behind and go to darkclan, where she supposedly had a family that would be there for her, and more than she had here, or stay here, where shed have to visit her father.

The sobs were not quite as loud, but still there, catching her breath from speaking on something she couldnt understand, pressing her forehead to sabotages shoulder as his fluffy tail wrapped around her, and her own tail wrapped around her hind leg. It was only a moment shed never had before. A moment to break, a moment where afterwards she may be able to built back, as long as some pieces were still there of the large puzzle. And as the sobs came to a close, where her tears were now only dried to her soft cheeks, Venice remained where she was. Her body felt defeated, her eyes burned from the dryness they now felt, but she strained to remember what sabotage said. "I guess." It was all she could pull herself to say. She wanted to say more, give sabotage a decent conversation, but she didnt know how to.

"How did you find me?" She asked, in an attempt to change the conversation.

roleplayed by deidre