A ~Lovely~ Journey | Private

Check out this announcement about new leadership limits in Agrelos
  • I think Lynn might catch her Dratini at Lake Verity...A really rare catch, but, I mean, it's the only one on her team I can think of unless I make a couple modifications...Actually, I think I'll switch one of her Pokémon for a Roserade. Yeah, that'll make more sense.

LYNN ALBERT

"You will remember me for centuries"

Lynn lead the group down the path towards Lake Verity. She had been several times with her mother in order to study the Legendary Pokémon who lived there. Lynn had never seen Mesprit, and neither had Cynthia. Maybe today would be their lucky day. Maybe the Legendary would make an appearance.

Sinnohan | Demisexual | Trainer

ALEXIOS CARTIER

"You can be king again"

Alexios shrugged and glanced down at Stryker. "It's really a lot more than beauty. Sure, it's important...but there's a battle portion. I have to be strong for that, too."

Personally, Alexios didn't like the concept of battling. It meant Stryker and his future Pokémon could get hurt. Not something Alexios liked to think about. It had given him nightmares the first few nights he'd had Stryker. What if his Froakie got hurt so much, it would hated Alexios? Alexios didn't want to be a bad trainer, but he wouldn't get anywhere if he didn't let Froakie train to become stronger.

Kalosian | Bisexual | Coordinator

• Levi Montgomery

"LYRICS"

Levi sensed a bit of hesitation from Alexios when he had mentioned battling. "I can help you train, whenever you want." He offered with a gentle smile. Sure, he was no expert, but he was going to try and try until he found something that worked for him, Apollo, and whatever other Pokemon he picked up along the way.

Hoennian | Bisexual | Trainer

🌹Scarlett Wilson🌹

"Here for a good time, not a long time"

Unovan | Bisexual | Cheerleader (for now)Scarlett thought about contests for a moment, glancing down at Ilya. Maybe... You'd be good in the battle portion... You like battling and looking good. Scarlett had been so set on just going out on an adventure, she didn't think she'd find something she'd like to do. And, of course, she'd love to have hundreds, maybe thousands, of eyes on her.

"Love is when the other person's happiness is more important than your own." - H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

• LYNN ALBERT

At long last, the group reached Lake Verity. Lynn moved through the thin stretch of trees separating the path from the lake and stopped on its shore. The blue of the water reminded Lynn of sapphires or a summer sky. A light breeze flowed off the lake, stirring Lynn's hair as she gazed out at the expanse of water.

"Here we are!" Lynn said with a smile, spreading her arms to encompass their destination. "Lake Verity! Home of the Being of Emotion Mesprit."

ALEXIOS CARTIER

"You can be king again"

"That...would be nice," Alexios murmured, hugging Stryker tighter. The Froakie croaked, and Alexios quickly loosened his grip. He didn't want to hurt his friend.

Alexios' attention was drawn to the lake as he stepped out of the trees. He gasped softly, taken aback by the beauty and mystical aura of the lake. A Legendary Pokémon could absolutely live here, no doubt. The lake was perfect in every sense of the word, and its beauty blew Alexios away.

"Wow..." he breathed. "It's incredible."

• Levi Montgomery

"LYRICS"

Levi was momentarily breathless as he took in the view of the lake. Although, it was a bit more than a lake though, wasn't it? Home of the Being of Emotion, Mesprit. That title carried a lot of weight. Levi wasn't that into lore and stories and such, but even he knew how important every Legendary Pokemon was. "I'm glad we came." He finally managed to get out.

🌹Scarlett Wilson🌹

Even Scarlett could take a second to be amazed by the view, but she didn't let it hold her up for too long. She glanced around, and began to wander off along the lakes edge, peering into the woods on occasion. It seemed like she just couldn't focus on anything for longer than a few moments.

Unovan | Bisexual | Cheerleader (for now)

"Love is when the other person's happiness is more important than your own." - H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

• LYNN ALBERT

As Alexios and Levi gaped at the wonders of Lake Verity, Lynn headed down to the shore. After a moment of more staring and savouring the light breeze, Lynn trotted down the lakeshore to stand beside Scarlett.

"So, what do you think? Glad you picked Sinnoh to start your journey?" Lynn asked with a smile as she joined Scarlett.

ALEXIOS CARTIER

"You can be king again"

Alexios realized his mouth hung open, and he closed it. He glanced over at Lynn and Scarlett, who had started walking further along the lake. Alexios didn't mind hanging around, and time to get to know Levi didn't bother him.

"Do you want to walk around the lake, too?" Alexios asked, gesturing with one hand at Lynn and Scarlett. At the same time, Stryker wriggled out of his grip and bounded down into the shallow water, sending droplets flying into the air.

• Levi Montgomery

"LYRICS"

Levi glanced over to Alexios as he spoke, and then nodded. "We might as well." He shrugged, fairly nonchalant now that the initial wonder had faded. "I hope we see some Pokemon." Levi was both interested in seeing Sinnoh Pokemon, and catching some of them. He already had the beginnings of a "Dream Team" set in his mind, now he just had to find them.

Apollo ruffled his feather's on his shoulder, eyes narrowing slightly at the mention of other Pokemon. He'd have to be on high alert to protect his beloved trainer, just in case.. Of course, the little Torchic was just overreacting a bit.

🌹Scarlett Wilson🌹

Scarlett was a bit surprised that Lynn came over to talk to her, but quickly brushed it aside and smiled brightly. "Well..." She took a moment, looking down at the ground. "Unova is pretty too... I'm sure there's places like this too, but yeah. Sinnoh seems great so far."

• So the first contest is in Jubilife City (I'm gonna use the anime for this). If Scarlett or Levi wanna try their hand at a Contest, it would leave less for them to do on the sidelines unless they wanna join Lynn. We could have two branching plotlines here: the contest and maybe investigating a disturbance in Jubilife caused by Team Galactic?

LYNN ALBERT

Lynn smiled. "I'd like to visit Unova one day. Sounds like an amazing region to be in. It's got almost as much myth and legend as Sinnoh! Plus, you guys have a whole new set of Pokemon I've never seen before."

Lynn tucked her hands into her pocket and gazed up at the sky. Vesuvius made a happy chirping noise and glanced over at Ilya. He waved at the Snivy, wondering (and hoping) the Grass Type from Unova would be friendlier than the Torchi riding on Levi's shoulder.

ALEXIOS CARTIER

"You can be king again"

Alexios nodded in agreement. He'd like to add more Pokemon to his team, though not before he could give Stryker a chance to gain more strength. If anything, Alexios always wanted Stryker to be his ace-in-the-hole, the Pokemon he pulled out to blow his audience away.

Silence fell over Levi and Alexios as Alexios started walking after Lynn and Scarlett. He enjoyed the quiet contemplation he could do, while at the same time wishing Levi would continue their conversation. He wanted to know more about Levi. Why he wanted to be a trainer, why he came to Sinnoh, how he had gotten Apollo. All of greatly interested him.

• Scarlett and Levi are both going to sit out, but Scarlett will start participating in contests after she watches Alexios’ in Jubilife City.

Levi Montgomery

"LYRICS"

Levi was fairly comfortable in the silence, but he figured it was best to get to know his traveling companion. “So, why’d you come to Sinnoh? I kinda just closed my eyes and placed a finger on a map...” He’d already said that he wanted to be strong before challenging his home region, so he didn’t feel the need to reiterate that at all.

There was some slight rustling in the bushes off of their side, but it ended quickly, and didn’t even draw Levi’s attention.

🌹Scarlett Wilson🌹

”That’s how I feel about here, with all of the different Pokémon that are here compared to at home.” Scarlett smiled softly, thinking back to home. “Most people have Pokemon like Purrloin and Lillipup at their homes back in Unova... But here people mostly have Glameows.”

The Snivy turned his nose up at the Chimchar for a moment, but eventually looked at Vesuvius out of the corner of his eye and gave a little wave.

• Sounds good!

LYNN ALBERT

Vesuvius made the happiest noise Lynn had ever heard, and he sprang off her shoulder to walk alongside Ilya. Lynn's eyebrows raised as she watched her partner trot happily over to walk alongside Ilya. She hadn't realized how much Vesuvius liked making friends...or maybe he just wanted attention.

"Yeah, we have Glameows as pets. Sometimes Growlithes, and Shinx are pretty popular, too," Lynn said. "My mom has a Glaceon, and that's the closest Pokemon we have to your standard pet Pokemon."

ALEXIOS CARTIER

"You can be king again"

"The myths and legends," Alexios replied. "Plus, contests. I'm hoping they'll be introduced to Kalos when I get back, and it seems that way, too."

Unlike Levi, Alexios did pick up on the rustling bushes. He glanced nervously away from the lake at the undergrowth surrounding them, wondering what had made the noise. His foot caught on an outcropping of uneven ground, and he stumbled, but not enough to fall.

"I—I think there's something out there," Alexios mumbled once he'd regained his balance. "In the trees."

• Vesuvius finally gets attention... Ilya: 1h2kbp.jpg?a434928

Levi Montgomery

"LYRICS"

Levi listened, and quickly put a firm hand on Alexios' shoulder when the other male had stumbled a bit to steady him. Then, he followed his gaze and looked into the trees and bushes. Another slight rustle, and two orange tails with cream colored tips slid out. Oh. My. God. Levi knew exactly what it was, because it's evolution was on his "dream team". "Buizel." Levi whispered in a quick, hushed tone. He went to look at Apollo on his shoulder, to summon him to battle, and then he halted. What if it has a water type move? Apollo would be done in one shot... He had one other option, his gaze drifting to Ilya ahead of them. Crossing his fingers that he wouldn't spook the Buizel, he called out. "Scarlett, can I borrow Ilya for a minute?!"

🌹Scarlett Wilson🌹

Scarlett was a bit surprised that Ilya showed any kindness at all to Vesuvius, but she focused on Lynn for now. "I don't think I've seen a Shinx." Scarlett admitted, shuffling her feet for a moment. "In person, anyway." She added quickly, before turning around at the sound of Levi's voice. She cocked her head for a moment, then shrugged. Looking down at her partner, she gave him a little smile. "Go on, and do what Levi says, okay?"

The Snivy was focused on Vesuvius at first, his eyes a bit narrowed at the overly excited fire-type. "Sni- Sni?" He had started to address the Chimchar, but was cut off by Levi, and then looked up to Scarlett in a bit of confusion. Listening to his trainer, he huffed out a breath and then ran back to Levi.

• Oh, that is a QUALITY use of a meme. You made my day. Please, have a cookie!

LYNN ALBERT

Lynn watched all of Vesuvius' hopes and dreams wither and die as Scarlett summoned Ilya. A laugh wanted to escape from Lynn's mouth, but she held it in as she scooped Vesuvius into a hug.

"It's ok. Ilya's not going too far," Lynn cooed as Vesuvius melted in her arms.

Lynn glanced up at the commotion. A Buizel had made an appearance on the lakeshore, and Levi appeared to be intent on catching it. As quietly as she could, so Buizel wouldn't run, Lynn made her way over to the rest of the team, eager to see Levi in action.

ALEXIOS CARTIER

"You can be king again"

Alexios stared at the Buizel and slowly pulled his Pokedex out of his back pocket. He pointed it at the Buizel, and the screen came to life.

"Buizel, the Sea Weasel Pokemon. It swims by rotating its two tails like a screw. When it dives, it's flotation sac collapses."

"Cool," Alexios murmured. "Good luck, Levi."

• I thought about it almost immediately XD Also... long post here we go cause' I'd hate to just have like 3 posts of Levi catching a Buizel

Levi Montgomery

"LYRICS"

The Buizel's head popped up over the bush to survey the commotion, and that gave Ilya all the information he needed to discern what was going on, and what he was needed for. The Snivy, now under Levi's command, lept between him and the Buizel. "Sni! Snivy!" He sneered out a challenge, gaining the Buizel's attention.

The Buizel leaped over the bush, standing on two paws with his arms crossed over his chest. "Bui! Bui Bui!" The Buizel responded with an air of cockiness, his body language clear.

Levi used his new Pokedex to assess what moves Scarlett's Snivy knew, and then smiled to himself. Perfect. "Ilya, use Vine Whip!" As he called out the command, he felt an unbearable heat on his ear, the result of a certain angry Torchic on his shoulder. Although, the Torchic wasn't on his shoulder for long, as Apollo leaped down, landed surprisingly gracefully, and walked towards the lake with his back toward his trainer.

In the meantime, Ilya was carrying out the command, the vines flicking out of the collar around his neck and lashing out at the Buizel. For a moment, it seemed like the Buizel would be overcome by the persistent lashing of vines, but all of a sudden he lept back and unleashed a Sonic Boom with the whip of his tails, knocking the vines back.

"Tackle!"

Ilya rushed forward, but as he got close the Buizel jumped and launched another Sonic Boom, which landed hard on Ilya, sending the Snivy flying. He was clearly hurting, but the Buizel was breathing hard too, and the hard hit just seemed to invigorate him.

"Vine Whip again!"

Ilya was ready to end it, his vines lashing out violently and beating the Buizel until it collapsed back with a cry. "Buiii!"

Levi was fumbling, pulling his pack off of his back and digging out a Poke Ball, his hands shaking. Chill! He mentally demanded of himself. Taking a deep breath, he tossed the Poke Ball at the Buizel, and it bounced off right before opening and surrounding the Pokemon in a red light before sucking him inside. The Poke Ball fell to the ground softly, rocking back in forth as the red light flashed.

Snivy honestly couldn't care about whether or not Levi caught the Buizel, and so he dashed over to Scarlett and jumped into her arms with a look of happiness and pride in himself.

And then the Poke Ball clicked and stopped rocking.

🌹Scarlett Wilson🌹

Scarlett had watched, her attention fully rapt on the short battle. She was so proud of her little Snivy! When Ilya ran into her arms, she gave him a tight squeeze and then shuffled him into the crook of her arm, so she could clap once the Poke Ball revealed that Levi had, in fact, caught the Buizel.

• LYNN ALBERT

Lynn watched the battle, absolutely riveted. Levi had played it smart by using Ilya, though Apollo did not appear to agree with his choice. As the battle raged on, an idea occurred to Lynn.

Hey, Vesuvius. Why donmt you go check on Apollo?” she suggested to her downcast partner.

Vesuvius brightened immediately and scampered down the beach towards Apollo. He skidded to a halt next to the Torchic and asked in a series of chattering noises if Apollo wanted, well, a friend. Or a berry. Or something.

ALEXIOS CARTIER

"You can be king again"

Alexios watched the entire battle with his lips parted in shock, and he only closed them again when Buizel had been caught. Indeed, the battle had been rather brutal for the Buizel. Alexios hugged Stryker close and eyed Ilya uncertainly.

Unlike his worried trainer, Stryker didn’t care. It croaked once, eyes still narrowed, and remained completely immobile.

Good job, Levi,” Alexios managed to choke out. “That really was...something else.

• Had to rush Scarlett! Sorry!

Levi Montgomery

"LYRICS"

Levi rushed over with a bright smile and picked up the Poke Ball before turning to respond to Alexios. “Thanks! It was so much fun. Although, I wish Apollo could’ve had a part in it...” Guilt began to creep in, as Levi had just caught his first Pokémon and his own partner wasn’t really part of the experience. In fact, the little Torchic seemed upset. Levi tried to shake it off, and called the Buizel out of the ball. “I think I’m going to call you Tails - are you okay with that?”

The Buizel lifted his chin, his arms crossed. Surprisingly, it let out a satisfied “Bui”, and smiled a bit as it’s tails began to spin.

Apollo chose to ignore Levi and the Buizel, glancing over at Vesuvius and trying to decide how to react. He huffed, but the Torchic could use some cheering up. Eventually, the Torchic let out a series of chirps that could be summed up as, “well, we should probably get along, shouldn’t we?”

🌹Scarlett Wilson🌹

”Aw! Tails is soooo cute.” Scarlett cooed as she returned to cuddling her Snivy.

• LYNN ALBERT

Lynn crouched down next to Tails and patted him on the head. "Pretty cute little guy. He'll definitely help you at the Oreburgh Gym. It's all Rock Types."

Suddenly, a realization came over Lynn, and she groaned, "Oh, shoot! Vesuvius us a Fire Type. He won't do much good against Roark. Damn."

Vesuvius smiled, a big grin which radiated absolute joy. He held out one hand, not expecting a handshake. Maybe a wing-shake. Or a beak-shake. Vesuvius wasn't entirely sure, but he'd seen Lynn do it before, so surely it meant the beginnings of a new friendship.

ALEXIOS CARTIER

"You can be king again"

Alexios smiled down at Tails, and then looked over at Lynn. He honestly didn't know what to say. Maybe Levi or Scarlett would have better ideas. The idea of a Gym Battle never appealed to Alexios, so he never bothered studying its finer points.

Alexions glanced over his shoulder at Apollo and Vesuvius. "I think Vesuvius is cheering him up," Alexios said to Levi. "It should be all right."

• Levi Montgomery

"LYRICS"

"Yeah, I was worrying about the Oreburgh Gym." Levi admitted, his eyes falling back on Apollo before looking over to Alexios. "Yeah, I'm sure he'll be fine." His voice betrayed him and revealed his uncertainty. Still, he tried to suck it up and believe what he and Alexios had said.

Apollo cocked his head for a moment at the Chimchar's hand, before bending over a bit and tapping his beak to it and standing back up. He wasn't nearly as enthusiastic as Vesuvius, but that was hardly seeming to bother Vesuvius.

🌹Scarlett Wilson🌹

Scarlett tucked Ilya back into the crook of her arm so that her other hand was free to play with her hair. "Well, are there any contests soon for Alexios? You guys know where you gym battle will be, so..."