HELLRAISER GUIDE | UPDATED 10/22/19

• Hellraisers_banner.png

HELLRAISERS

The Hellraisers are a loose band of vicious rogues brought together for one reason and one reason only: Revenge. This group isn't disorganized, no, with there being varying levels of torturers, assassins, mercenaries, and scholars, this group is a pure hell hole with business on the side along a neutral alignment. Everyone is protecting eachother and their own with an allegiance to their leader, The Law, and held under control with twisted games of pit fights and attacks. Everything in this guide has been developed-and is in development-by Echoeye, so any questions, suggestions, or concerns can be directed to them.

And remember, don't rise to another's level.

Drag them to ours.

territory ✦ religion ✦ traditions ✦ ranks and titles ✦ foreign affairs ✦ threads ✦ FAQ ✦ request an HP

discord

• territory ✦ religion ✦ traditions ✦ ranks and titles ✦ foreign affairs ✦ threads ✦ FAQ ✦ request an HP

RULES

TENETS

• The Law's word is final. Any mutiny or disobedience can lead to becoming Expired or killed at the hands of The Law.
    • No killing your fellow Guildmates. We're not family and you don't have to like eachother, but you may need the other in battle later on. Take any beef to the Pit.
    • Rape is not allowed by any means or form, neither is sexual harassment. Serious consequences will happen if you break this law.
    • No one under six moons are to get harmed or captured. Doing so will result in death.
    • No child under six months of age are allowed to take part in a raid.
    • Wanna start trouble with an enemy? Host a raid, capture someone, go ahead and start trouble yourself. Just remember: an eye for an eye!
    • Receive an invite? Accept them! No need for a high position unless you feel it's necessary.
    • Don't disappear for weeks or days at a time! Let us know if you're going to be away if you're a high position.
    • Don't touch The Law's family.
    • Have fun

OOC RULES

• Follow the FeralFront Terms Of Service.

• We have an auto-acceptance policy! All newcomers are automatically accepted, unless given IC suspicion to deny them.

• Be friendly with your fellow roleplayers!

• Don't feel like you need to post 24/7! Development is more important than activity.

• Gonna be inactive? Leave a note so we know to give you an activity pardon. Have fun!

TERRITORY

According to the codex, The Silent Marsh is:

"These marshlands are a sticky, wet place with reptiles and insects in great abundance. Those with a great tolerance for being sopping wet and breathing humid air are best suited to live in this area. There are small patches of dry land situated throughout the marsh, but they are hard to find."

In reality, the land is barren, few trees popping up in the land and most of it covered in strips of long, tall grass seperated by stripes of still, brackish water. The only large foliage are the circle of seven, large trees that surround the camp. The mud is thick and the grass covers most of the dry and wet land, making it difficult for anyone who isn't a Hellraiser to trek through it and many getting stuck in the thickest of it, doomed to suffer at either the hands of the crocs that patrol as viciously as the bandits that live there, or to die of thirst in the salty, brackish water.

RELIGION

Due to this clan having characters from anywhere and different viewpoints, there is no set religion, making this a very free religion clan and pretty balanced on morals and idealogy but, due to activities, they lean more pure neutral than chaotic or lawful overall. The religion will, of course, change as leaders change, but it should mostly be pretty open to faith due to the clan not caring for miniscule things such as that.

TRADITIONS

The Culling

Despite the name, The Culling is an innocent tradition where the group will all get drunk and party until the sun sets than they run rampant throughout Agrelos, doing "mock raids" to Neutrals and Allies where they throw gifts and booze and food at them, more of a prank than anything.

Silent Strikes

The Hellraisers use their home to their advantage, tending to hide in the mud should they ever be raided and blend into the land before they attack. They use this on other fields aswell, decorating their pelts in whatever foliage, mud, anything the can find and their powers to blend in before they rain hell down on their targets.

Thicker Than Water

This is gifting in winter months. The more innocent members will tend to host this for it is actually the more innocent tradition. Complete with feasts, parties, and, of course, gifts of whatever degree.

The Seven Trials

The Seven Trials are held once a month to test the Fresh-Meat and offer Expired the chance to prove themselves. In the tradition, Seven Guildmates, including the Fresh-Meat's own mentor, give the Fresh-Meat and Expired seven tasks to challenge them either physically or morally. Those tested have seven days(seven threads) to prove to the Law that they hold loyalty to Hellraisers and their higher ups and that they are ready to become a full blooded member of the Hellraisers. If a task is too simple, the Law takes over deciding all seven of the trials and make them excruciatingly difficult so to deter from having members who are not prepared for the harsh living of the clan. Can be skipped if the Fresh-Meat/Expired does an extraordinary show of loyalty(ex. saving the Law's children, risking themselves in battle to save another Guildmate, etc)

Brotherbranding

Brotherbranding-as the name suggests-paints a Fresh-Meat or Expired as a full member of the group by offering them a hand crafted necklace as a reward for completing the trials and a deep scar into any part of the body the Fresh-meat/Expired indicates, painting them forever as a loyal member of the Hellraisers. If they break a law and have been found to be exiled or killed, the necklace is either destroyed-scar remaining-or sliced through by the Law to paint the offender as a traitor. If a traitor is found on the land, they are killed on sight, no excuses.

Marriage

Due to mixed culture of religion, the fine details of marriage are different to whatever religion, beliefs whatever to each group. But, ceremonies are held in the Peacetalker's Floating Garden, the place more of a beautiful flower garden with moss and foliage decorating the island-one of the larger islands-and then afterwards is feasts, parties, and-upon request of the couple-a pit fight in theyre honor where they may sit upon the Bone Throne. Then, the pair is treated like royalty for the remaining night of their wedding, gifts, bowing, and even the ability to have their own home built by The Law and Circle.

• territory ✦ religion ✦ traditions ✦ ranks and titles ✦ foreign affairs ✦ threads ✦ FAQ ✦ request an HP

CURRENT RANKS

HIGH POSITIONS

Law

Leader of the group. They hold meetings, allow members to join, decide winners of pit-fights, promote members, and deal with alliances.

Icilia Marinus, roleplayed by bastet

Judge

Second in Command, they can do anything the leader can do except deal with alliances and promotions.

Character Name, roleplayed by Username

The Circle

Advisors to the Law and Judge, able to plan events and advise the leader and judge in discussions and huge over-arcing issues. Tend to deal with the majority of the clan than the Law since they're usually just watching. Individual jobs talked more in the Faction Guide

[Exalted]Twistedtongue, roleplayed by Dreavyn

[Courier]Lucifer, roleplayed by Spudbob  

[Lector]Character Name, roleplayed by Username

[Magistrate]Character Name, roleplayed by Username

War Heads

Leaders of WarHounds, apprentice to Exalted.

Affiliates

Leaders of Peacetalkers, apprentice to Courier

Reapers

Assistant Informers, apprentice to Lector/Leaders of the Rippers

Archons

Leaders of Scholars, apprentice to Magistrate

SEMI-HIGH POSITIONS

Grave Knights

Secret Service almost. Work as guards of the hp and semi-hp. Can take control of any faction in time of war.

NORMAL POSITIONS

Guildmate

Bulk of members. Been here for over the limit and has gained considerable trust

Fresh-Meat

Apprentices. Train beneath Guildmates in rightful factions. Must be in this role for one month and pass their test of loyalty

Expired

Traitors and prisoners of war. Used in Pit fights for fights to the death and can earn honor back by winning the pit fights or showing promise to the Law

ALLIES AND ENEMIES

Allies

The Exiles

The Gothic Empire

Neutrals

Any group not listed

Blizzardclan - Tense relation but otherwise friendly

Enemies

The Cartel, Volary Flights [NOTE: Not allowed to attack or antagonize any of them currently. Must have permission by The Law to come after these clans.]

Sanguine Ruins[open season]

Solaris Kingdom[open season]

THREADS & LINKS

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

HOW/CAN I JOIN? — Of course, we’d love to have you! You can join in one of two ways: you can make a joining thread, and have your character request permission to join, or make an introduction thread, to introduce your character to the group, as if they have always been part of the tribe. Whichever one you do is completely up to you, and what you feel the most comfortable with.

DO I HAVE TO ROLEPLAY A CAT? — Not at all! Feel free to roleplay any animal you’d like from a flying raccoon, to an aquatic lemur! All animals are welcomed here. Just be sure that your character is allowed with the rebuild rules.

CAN I BE A HIGH POSITION? — Not immediately, no. However, if you are active, interact with everyone, and provide ideas and such, you will be noticed and considered for promotion.

WHAT IF I HAVE A QUESTION OR SUGGESTION? — If you're confused about something or have a great idea that you want to try out, great! Feel free to make a labelled private thread tagging the leader and/or high positions to have your character explain their ideas.

WHAT ARE THESE 'SHOUTOUTS' THAT ARE HAPPENING AT MEETINGS? — A shoutout is basically saying that your character has been noticed as doing a good job in the Hellraisers, whether it's coming up with ideas; being friendly to newcomers; or being an overall positive influence. Perhaps they're not going to get a promotion just yet, but if you get a shoutout, you're definitely on the right track.

WHY AM I NOT BEING PROMOTED? — There are many things that can factor into why your character is not being promoted despite being active. Before a meeting is put up, the leader and HPs usually discuss who is worthy of promotions and who deserves a demotion that week. Some things that can be a 'make it or break it' for promotions are if you're sporadically active, cliquey or exclusive oocly, etc. Those who are promoted deserve it for their OOC inclusiveness and helpfulness as well as their IC actions!

*Credit to some of these F.A.Q responses to the writers of the Shadow Veil guide.

• track.

coming for that judge rank

bet

my name is worthless like you told me i once was

MY NAME IS EMPTY 'CAUSE YOU DRAINED AWAY THE LOVE

GALAXY DIRE WOLF | ENGAGED | GODDESS | PENNED BY VELVYN

• Track because I am an assassin at heart and need to find out if wolves are allowed

Don't act like I'm not here.

I know what you're doing.

Don't leave me in the cold.

Zoo Escape// Small cat Rp

Spirit Animal?

Wolf

• any animal is welcomed as long as they are feralfront approved.

so, yes wolves are aloud bby

• Ah, thanks! Now I just need a rank and a name

Don't act like I'm not here.

Spirit Animal?

Wolf

• Ah, thanks! Now I just need a rank and a name

If you are just joining you will have to start out as fresh meat and just make a post on Other Territories to have a guildmate accept you. once accepted you just have to be active in the hellraisers posts/the board i linked you to with your own posts, to become a guildmate yourself!

AHH! I want to join, do I need a form?

no you don't. just like any other clan, you just making a joining thread Other Territories on there and someone will accept you as the fresh meat roll!

• bring your best, bring your worst. they will all love it here! <3

• Don't act like I'm not here.

Spirit Animal?

Wolf

• I have a character that I think fits, but she probably won't like having to start at the bottom. Hmmm...

Wandering Ronin Spud is... Writing!

tumblr_muy3uoMraF1skd41vo1_1280.png

• since the group is new, fresh-meat is, for now, void until the group is bigger-unless they are like 6 months

4bnKCna.png

YOU'RE FUCKING WEARING ME OUT

YOU'RE ALWAYS DRAGGING ME DOWN

Lucantine Wyres + Law of Hellraisers + Ex-Prisoner/Underboss of The Cartel + Storage + Chaotic Neutral + Wrathful Angel + 20 Moons + Hellraiser Guide