• (♦ i'm an "old newbie" to the site,,, hopefully this is the right place for this but tbh i'm not sure ;0;

♦ i'm winging all of this and it's just a basic idea to get used to rping group rps again. if you've got suggestions for how to run it or just general ideas for plot/ceremonies/territory, i'd love to hear it :0

♦ post the filled out form and after the first person joins i'll start the rp and you can hop on in whenever after i've noted you down? you can take any empty positions!)

WELCOME TO DUSTCLAN

SUMMARY

This is a Clan that lives within an old abandoned town where most of the buildings are falling apart and far far from modern. They live within a crevice of the Earth that hides them from the heat of the sun. These Clan cats don't remember anything beyond living in this dusty place, but they do remember a few things that leave them searching for a way to reach their long lost ancestors and knowledge of their past... Traditions tend to be important here, as often they're seen as related to keeping their Clan safe and comfortable.

RANKS
    Diviner: Geckofoot

Medicine Cat: Daypetal,

Rookie Medicine Cat: 1 available

Sheriff: 1 Available

Deputy: 1 Available

Elders: -- unlimited --

Explorers: Cloudfall, Prickletail, -- unlimited --

Patrol-Guards: -- unlimited --

Rookie: -- unlimited --
    Caretakers: -- unlimited --

Kits: -- unlimited --

RANK INFORMATION

Diviner - They're in charge of the spiritual ceremonies and is the leader of the Clan. Trusted to read how the Clans Above feel about what the Clan is doing through symbols and signs, as they can't have prophetic dreams without a moonstone equivalent.

Sheriff - Supports the Diviner and is the second highest in the command. They can never become the Diviner, though they are in charge of disciplining and making sure it's followed through and making sure everything is going well for the Clan. They often go through the Clan and check up on everything. Reports back to the Diviner to let them know what is up and they work together to figure out what to do next.

Medicine Cat / Rookie Medicine Cat - They're a Diviner-In-Training, or waiting to take over as Diviner. Their connection and ability to understand the Clans Above is generally considered untested and they're usually to talk to the Diviner, who will then filter everything for them to the Clan even if they've completed their training as a rookie. Typically they also have a Rookie to train but it's not an immediate requirement. They wait until it seems necessary or a rookie offers. If they've completed their training, they're capable of running the Clan as Temporary Diviner when needed or requested.

Deputy - Helps to make sure everyone knows what they're doing and also checks up on the Clan as well. Not in charge of punishments but typically reports them to the Sheriff. Supports the Sheriff and becomes the next Sheriff. Cats are promoted to Deputy when they prove themself, generally the Sheriff picks out who is the next Deputy.

Elders - They typically aren't required to do any work, although some may choose to do so. Usually sought after for advice quite often and passes down stories and knowledge of the Old Ways of the Clan. This is how some cats can be named after things that aren't usually existing within hot dry places, but the meaning might've gotten twisted.

Explorers - In charge of exploring the Outer Reaches for possible places to hunt and for their way to contact the Clans Above. Sent on expeditions sometimes but normally takes up the work of hunting nearby when they aren't.

Patrol-Guards - They're usually just chilling at the base to protect the camp, sent out to patrol the edge of clan territory and the Outer Reaches as body guards of sorts.

Rookie - Young Explorers and Patrol-Guards, usually one is a Rookie Medicine Cat though!

Caretakers - Pregnant cats or those who permanently watch over the kits.

Kits - Lil babies.

THE CLANS ABOVE

SunClan - Worshiped due to how the Sun influences their life more than how they're related to their ancestors, they believe the Sunstar, the leader of SunClan, is a harsh and strict cat with good intentions.

CloudClan - Worshiped due to how the Clouds influences their life more than how they're related to their ancestors, they believe the Cloudstar, the leader of CloudClan, is a patient and mysterious cat that can be bargained with for fresh water and cooler weather.

NightClan - Worshiped due to how the Night influences their life more than how they're related to their ancestors, they believe the Nightstar, the leader of NightClan, is a cold and cruel cat that stalks the Clan at night for victims.

As they don't have a current connection or knowledge of their past and ancestors, they've not an idea who or what "StarClan" is but a few of the older cats may still use the phrase. The leader, also, doesn't have a way to get Nine Lives and therefor doesn't have the suffix "star".

CEREMONIES AND THINGS

(temporary names, i'm uncreative rn. suggestions for ideas are highly welcome!!)

the RAIN CEREMONY - A small flower is placed in the Clan Offering-Pile. It is supposed to plead Cloudstar to bless them with rain.

the NIGHTLY CEREMONY - The Diviner says a small prayer and the Clan exchange headbumps to friends and family to protect them from the cold of night.

the EXPEDITION CEREMONY - The Clan gathers to wish them a safe journey, and for the Explorers to get blessed by the Diviner with the juice from a Bloodfruit with a safe travel and fruitful finds.

the HEATWAVE CEREMONY - A cactus or a, hopefully, good enough alternative is set in the middle of the Clan that the Explorers can find from the Outer Reaches.

the SUNSTONE CEREMONY - Every cat has their own Sunstone, given it upon becoming an Explorer or Patrol-Guard with the Diviner. Afterwards, these stones are usually set somewhere outside to "be blessed by Sunstar's gaze" and taken in by their owner each night.

the OFFERING-PILE - Cats can usually offer whatever they want to whomever and whenever to any of the Clans Above, but this is also used by the Diviner for the ceremonies.

the MEETINGS - They gather only if there's big issues to figure out. It can be called as needed. They take votes amongst themselves and discuss what things they could do. Generally the Diviner is like three votes while the others who partake in the voting (ending at Elders,) all count more as one. If they can't agree, they ask the Clan to vote as well.

TERRITORY

(feel free to suggest ideas. i'm super tired when i wrote this x'D)

Base Camp - Their base camp is within an abandoned town. Each den is within a "Formation" (or building) and there are other ones as well that are unused.

The Outer Reaches - This is a common place for explorers to travel to. It's generally any area that is outside the general territory, which isn't super big.

FORM

NAME - doubleclick

GENDER/PRONOUNS - doubleclick
    ORIENTATIONS - doubleclick

AGE - doubleclick

RANK - doubleclick

LOOKS - doubleclick

PERSONALITY - doubleclick (optional)

MY CHARS

NAME - Geckofoot

GENDER/PRONOUNS - Male , he/him

ORIENTATIONS - To be determined

AGE - 36 Moons

RANK - Diviner

LOOKS - Tan with brown spots and bright golden eyes, he has a bit of white on his paws and a scar across his leg.

PERSONALITY - A little bit jumpy and scatter-brained, as well as occasionally unconfident, he is probably not extremely well suited to be leader... However, he means well and is trying his best.

NAME - Cloudfall

GENDER/PRONOUNS - Non-binary , he/him or they/them

ORIENTATIONS - Demi-Bi/Pan

AGE - 25 Moons

RANK - Explorer

LOOKS - Light grey with darker points with pale blue eyes and thick fluffy fur.

PERSONALITY - Quiet and curious, generally kind-hearted.

• Hello my friend~

NAME - DayPetal

GENDER/PRONOUNS - Female. She/her

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ORIENTATIONS - Straight~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AGE - 13 Moons

RANK - Medicine Cat

LOOKS - Rich Orange Short fur, Darker orange/brown fur on the tip of tail, Slightly darker red stripes along back to mid tail, white underbelly and neck markings. Ember eyes. Long tail. No scaring.

Breed: Abyssinian and tabby mix.

PERSONALITY - Not confident in her abilities though tries her absolute best, loves the time between night a day whether it be sunrise or sunset, is afraid to ever leave the camp, puts other cats before her self,

NAME - PrickleTail (also know as prick)

GENDER/PRONOUNS - Tom. He/Him

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ORIENTATIONS - Bisexual slightly more towards toms~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AGE - 15 moons

RANK - explorer

LOOKS - Short Medium grey fur with a few black strands speckled in along his back, legs, cheeks, and tail. A light sprinkle of white strands in the inside of ear and around eyes. Long tail. Pale green eyes. Two small scars on front right leg from walking into a cactus on accident.

Breed: Shorthair?

PERSONALITY - Can be a awkward dork and a show off at times, curious, tends to stray from the group without noticing himself, is serious when needs to be, tends to get in trouble alot while exploring though loves his rank/role.

• OOC:

pizza_chan0412 hello friendy!!! if pricklepaw is an explorer then he's already gone through the ceremony to get a second part to his name, he wouldn't keep "paw" as his suffix afterward. also as a note it seems unlikely that anyone would actually call any cat anything other than their names because they trained very heard to get them and they're sort of personal, i imagine? just as a note ;0;

y'know i forgot abt the fact med cats generally need herbs.. i suppose the explorers could be in charge of goin out to find 'em since i imagine there isn't many in the dry land, unless the abandoned town was growing them??? idk which sounds more fun though!! ??? bc then the medicine cats have to garden? but more excuses to send out explorers?

but i've jotted down your chars!! and we could probably get away with starting this now and just be sneaky abt avoiding the fact we don't yet have sheriff and deputy pft.

IC:

Geckofoot shifted as he woke up, the fogginess of sleep lifting as his mind began filling up with thoughts that soon churned quickly. Tumblepelt had disappeared... He'd been their Diviner for so long.Geckofoot rolled over to get sucked deeper into his thoughts but in a much more comfortable position. Now he was leader, and he wasn't even sure he was ready. Was he supposed to do something to explain how he'd vanished? That was nearly impossible though! There was no evidence of an attack and not even a fresh scent of him leaving the Clan's camp It was suspicious, and for those who were already scared of Nightstar... Well, it just wasn't good. He'd kept quiet about the lack of evidence that Tumblepelt had just abandoned them, even if it meant the whole Clan was probably blaming Tumblepelt for leaving them when it wasn't true... Geckofoot startled as he heard other cats beginning to wake up and he shuffled around for a moment, trying to calm and distract himself. It was no good to spend so long on this when he now led the Clan and was responsible for them. The tom nodded to himself, confirming that he could manage just fine, and headed towards the hole in the side of his den. The the feline padded outside and looked along the dusty path between the different dens, gazing around to take note of who was awake so far.

Cloudfall was slow to wake up, opting instead to sleep in for a bit. After they woke up they yawned, stretched, and headed outside. The heat was awful with their thicker fur, so Cloudfall often preferred staying indoors, but it felt too crowded inside today. Instead the openness of the outside was preferable, so they headed towards a shadow near the middle of the camp from one of the tall square ancient dens to stretch out and finish waking up under.

• OOC:

Changed pricklepaw to prickletail to fit better. hope thats better my bud?

Ic:

DayPetal groggily from where she slumbered. She was used to being up earlier though was unable to bring herself this morning for it was harder to sleep last night after everything. it was still alot to take in...Where tumblepelt had gone and why so suddenly just to leave her mentor Geckofoot to take up their role as not only diviner but, leaner of the clan...so suddenly and without a word. it was so much.....to be promoted to medicine cat her self so suddenly..when she didnt think herself to be ready. she closes her eyes once again with a sigh knowing she couldnt be this way. putting the weight of her thoughts in the back of her mind Daypetal reluctantly opens her eyes again and stands from the ground with a small stretch of her back. She really wasnt used to waking with the full of the sun already up in the sky and it was quite strange to go against her habit of getting up for the sunrise. Daypetal's paws lightly trudge against the ground of the medicine den as she made her way for its entrance, stopping just outside. Her ember eyes turn up to the bright glowing sun though dont stay there long of course before turning to glance around the camp. Another sighs comes from her nose. It felt so different without their previous leader...changed though nothing at all really had on the surface.

Prickletail mewed in his sleep, a habit like muttering he had picked up since young. His tail lightly sways against the floor behind him though his stomach was face up in the air. A smile come to his muzzle(?). Prickle was being as carefree as always and subconsciously knew he should get up though didnt try to fight the embrace of sleep.

• OOC: I noticed :D and yes! thank youu! i've updated his name in the listing i think, i'll double check after this pft

IC:

Geckofoot's gaze immediately caught sight of both Cloudfall already having been off in their corner of the shade and a moment later his previous apprentice stepped into view. He glanced around for a second, checking for the deputy and sheriff since he still felt like he should be going over things with them, before he headed towards the former rookie. "Daypetal," He greeted her. His second glance he met eyes with Cloudfall, and since they were still too far apart to hear each other without yelling, he dipped his head in greetings.

Cloudfall watched Daypetal walking out of her den, returning Geckofoot's nod, before settling their head back down on their paws, swishing their tail around lazily. The air was still rather hot out and they knew they were going to need a drink soon... and to go try to find some prey eventually. Luckily, however, since the Clan had enough prey, it wasn't as much of a necessity since today was more of a "take a second and let the news soak in" sort of day. They still wanted to go out and hunt, though. Their paws twitched at the idea of staying in the camp all day long doing nothing but laying around even if right at that second they were enjoying it.

• Day petal looks to geckofoot whom calls to her. "Geckofoot. Good Morning." she greets him with a small polite smile though she wasnt really feeling it.

Prickletail his tail continues to sway against the explorer's den floor before the growl of his stomach finally overpowers his want for food more to sleep. He grumbles before opening his pale green eyes and squinting at the ceiling.

• Geckofoot returns her smile, albeit his ears twitched and you could see the nervousness in it. "How are you doing? With the, ah.. New position?" He asked, his wording unsure. He wanted to check how she was handling the transition. She'd finished the training even if she hadn't had the extra experience she should've had he was sure she would do fine... but he also knew how it felt to be unsure about that.

Cloudfall rolled onto their side, stretching out farther as they slowly began preparing themself to get ready to go get breakfast and a drink before heading out to get some fresh-kill for the Clan. They didn't want food to run out, even if they were doing rather okay for the second. Besides, they did want to get out of the base for a while... It was nice out there, being in the quiet expanse, even if it was rather hot out... and dusty. They wrinkled their nose up at the memory of how awful it is cleaning up after a really long trek out there, even if they were somewhat used to it it still took a good while sometimes and the taste is still awful.

• Daypetal's ears lower slightly. She didn't want to admit to her mentor of whom she looked up to when she was young that she felt unsure if she could do her job...she felt so unprepared. "Its...a big change." she admits while looking down to avoid the gaze of her mentor, her ears now partially lowered to her head. "one that happened so suddenly." she adds quietly so only he can hear.

PrickleTail: He yawns from where he still laid on his back before turning onto his side and standing with a deep stretch. he smiles as he stands up to height and looks around. Most of the explorers have already gotten up to start the day except for the few who were either chatting, sleeping, or moping around. He glances between those cats, his smile saddening when he remembers that their previous diviner had gone without a word....prick turns to leave the den and the sad cats. He always enjoyed looking on the brighter side of things. well at least he tried to. it was easier for him.

• Geckofoot nodded, letting out a small sigh. "I understand, no worries... I'll still be here," He offered, giving her a small nudge. Then he frowned as she mentioned the sudden change. "I know," He said, the worry lacing his voice. "I'm not sure what to make of it, or what to say to the rest of the Clan," He paused there as he realizing just how stressed he was already starting to get at mentioning it. Geckofoot shuffled his paws awkwardly as he focused his attention on them instead of the worry... He didn't want to incite panic about Nightstar, but how else could Tumblepelt have gone missing without a scent of his leaving the Clan's base?

Cloudfall's gaze turned to movement from the den to find Prickletail leaving and heading out for some prey. They thought for a moment before slowly getting up with one last stretch before they trotted over to him. He wasn't sure that, despite feeling overly crowded and wanting to get out, that he actually wanted to be alone entirely... Cloudfall stepped into the same gait as Prickletail as he finally spoke. "I'm going to go hunting after bit," Cloudfall started to offer, he paused for a second, "if you would like to as well?"

• DayPetal looked up to her mentor again after he gave her a small nudge. She quickly realizes that all of this must be hard on gecko foot, to suddenly pick up such an important position suddenly...to keep each of the cats calm under any sudden circumstances... especially of the disappearance of their former leader. "Thank you geckoFoot." She says after a moment, giving him a small thankful smile. She was great-full to know he is there for her even when he had so much going on. "Even if this...everything may be hard from here on and after...im glad for you to be here." she says honestly while touching her nose to his cheek to show she really was glad he was here.

Prickletail: Prickle turns to Cloudfall, lighting up instantly at his offer. He was always happy to leave the clan though after many instances from the air-headed cat. many of the other explorers had silently agreed he mustn't go off alone. not that he listened all that often. He smiles, a natural expression for him to have. "Yeah." he began ecstatically with a happy sway of his tail. "i would like that." he continued to walk while he says this.

• Geckofoot sympathized with her. "Well, I am sure we will all figure things out," He said a moment later, although you could tell from his wavering voice that he wasn't really so sure. "For now, let's just... take a few days to adjust." He advised.

Cloudfall blinks, a little surprised by his excitement. He didn't think many liked to do much with him because he was a rather quiet cat at times... Ah well, Cloudfall gave Prickletail a small smile rather than a real response. "I'm going to eat and head to the Water-Circle first," He announced after a second later.

• daypetal: Daypetal gives him a small nod in agreement before turning her head to the side to watch as cats woke up and continued their day as always though it was clear many didnt feel up to it...the news of their leader leaving was still raw for all of them. "yes...that seems best." she says quietly.

Prick: "Ill join you then." he states simply. He follows after the other cat with a silent smile, his tail lightly swaying behind him as he did. He didnt know Cloudfall well though both were explorers nor he didnt know much about him. Well prickletail had to admit that he didnt know many of the other explorers in the first place...usually on the job he would wander off with out realizing, his curiosity getting the better of him and when he was in the den he somehow found himself going about his own business. He didnt mind any of the cats though. but, for now he was more excited to go out of the camp. away from the gloom.

• Geckofoot looks around as well, his ears and tail drooping ever slightly. He really wished he knew what to do right now... but the most he could do was just freak them out about how the leader disappeared. Honestly, no one else but the Sheriff even knew. He sighed after a moment, remembering their leader and how Tumblepelt would've known what to do... "We should hold a ceremony for him," He thought outloud to his former apprentice.

Cloudfall nodded, accepting his offer. "Okay," He finally says, and pads off towards the fresh-kill. He walks slowly, observing the Clan as he walks, and then stops to study the fresh-kill pile. He picks out a lizard after a moment, one that looks perfectly filling enough, and begins to eat.

• Day: She stays quiet for a moment and after a minute...give him a small nod. "yes..." she began quietly before turning to him. "It will be nice to..." she trails not wanting to say 'to remember him' or 'honor his time here' when he no longer is. she mentally shakes her self out of it. she had-NEEDED to keep her head high. even if their leader is gone they still needed to go on. to care for the rest of the clan and do what is best for THEM. "They need it." she says after a moment, looking up to her mentor. "we all do"

Prick: He just watches Cloudfall quietly for a moment from slightly behind at his side before also going up to the pile and picking out a small lizard. it was smaller the the one cloud had picked. Prickle picks up the lizard in his mouth before sitting down where he stood to eat it. he curls his tail around his feet as he ate, lizards had a familiar taste for him from eating it for so many moons at a time. Their were many many they went out and was a main source to their diet. he quickly finishes the lizard, always having been a fast eater. it made it easier to sneak away from the other cats on a journey to explore. He looked around for a moment as he licked his paw clean. Some of the cats had the same look as the ones in the den, he knew it was to be expected...he missed the leader too just as they did....he turns from the gloomy cats to look to cloud not wanting to think about it.

• Geckofoot nods. "I'm just not sure what to do for it, it's not like he's..." He paused, panic in his eyes as he realized he wasn't really sure what he should even say. Everyone knew Tumblepelt had disappeared though, right? That he didn't just die? "He's not dead. I imagine it'd be bad luck to do a ceremony like he is," Geckofoot finally finished. In reality, he was worried it might just invite whatever had fallen upon their leader to them as well.

Cloudfall took more time to eat his, enjoying the fillingness of it. Afterward he also cleaned up a little bit, before looking over at his new temporary travelling companion to estimate how he was doing. Seeing he'd already finished made Cloudfall feel just a little bad that he'd taken slightly longer to eat, but he didn't say much beyond flicking his ears backwards in guilt. Cloudfall instead got up, asking "drink?" and looking back as he began to pad towards the Water-Circle.

• Daypetal: her ears lower to her head as she goes quiet. "Then...we wont do it for his disappearance....but, for safe travel on his journey." she starts quietly 'What ever it may be....' she watches her mentor's reaction, wondering how he will take to her idea. "it will give them some hope." she adds oh so silently.

Prickle: He tilts his head in slight confusion to cloudfall's demeanor after he had looked to prickle though says nothing about it as he stood to follow cloud to the water circle for water, he watches the other cat from the side of his eye as he walked next to him. Prickletail knew he didnt talk to cats too often so he had no idea if he had done something to.....was it him watching cloudfall? did he feel put off by it? his mind ran wild with ideas to whatever it could of been, even going to the crazy idea that prickle had somehow scared him by how he ate or spoke...didnt speak? sat? breathed? his imagination ran wild.

• "That is a really good way to phrase it," Geckofoot praises, "it's the perfect ceremony to have. I'll make the announcement later tonight and try to prepare for having it tomorrow." He nods mostly to himself, trying to think of whether it should be similar to the one they often did for their own explorers to have safe travels?

Cloudfall paused ever so slightly as he waited to see if Prickletail was coming, before returning to keeping on his path. His need for a drink was far too strong to have a lot of patience, even if he felt he was being a tad impolite. He carefully stepped up to the edge of the Water-Circle's stones, pawing the small stick that brought up the Circle. He carefully began taking a few gulps of it down, thankful for how cool it was since the sun was so hot.

• Daypetal: A small smile comes to her muzzle at her mentor's praise before she also gives him a small nod. She was glad to of been of help to him. She knew geckofoot better the most cats from the years he had trained her and knew he did better sometimes when he had something to keep his mind on or paws if he needed. it made him the great medicine cat he was..at least to her. "if you need help preparing please let me know." she said with a small smile.

Prickle: He stops just behind Cloudfall, unconsciously just watching him drink from the pool. he tilts his head slightly once again. "I dont seem weird to you do i?" he asks suddenly, unable to help his crazy imagination. He wasnt really worried but, more so curious...

• Geckofoot nodded, "I will be sure to. For now, I think I have it under control," He told her. Or more accurately, he thought to himself, he wanted to at least make sure he seemed like he did to everyone else. He couldn't afford to sit around doing nothing. "Alright, I'm going to try to figure this out! I'll talk to you later," Geckofoot told his former apprentice before scurrying off towards his den. He wanted the quietness of it to figure it out a little more. Maybe even plan his speech?

Cloudfall paused as soon as Prickletail asked him and stared intently at him for a moment, thinking. He couldn't recall many times they'd ever hung out nor anyone saying anything memorable about him but surely that was also a good sign? The only thing he could remember was how he had a curiosity that led to leaving groups when they travelled that seemed many were either worried or fed up with. "I don't believe so," Cloudfall finally told him, genuine. "I don't really know you a lot," He pointed out, "but there's nothing bad or 'weird' enough to give me a reason not to."

• Daypetal: she watched her mentor leave with a small smile before turning back to her medicine den. 'might as well check on things myself...' she thinks...she remebered how nervous she was about her new and sudden role. it was so important...maybe not as important as leading...or maybe it was just as important..no it definitely was important. she quickly grew more nervous. Geckofoot really was a great medicine cat...how could she live up to it..? at that thought she slugged over towards the den quietly, not at all confident in her abilities.

Prickle: He just stared back as cloudfall seemed to go into serious thought about his answer which when finally given makes him relax, unknowingly to himself having gone rigid in suspense to his reply. a smile comes to prickletail's face once more. "well thats good~." he agrees before standing and walking over to the hole for a drink. he looks down to his reflection in the water, his pale green eyes being the first thing he sees. "and its true." he began before lowering his head to the water. "i dont really know you either." he takes a few gulps of water which he was really great full for. he still wished the explorers could find a way to tote it with them when going off..especially if they eventually get sent to go find the last leader which he himself couldnt help but, think to be coming.