imitation gold | enjolras

• Dracula hadn't intended on straying so far from the desert, but he'd been on the outskirts of the territory when his pursuit of a fleet-footed jackrabbit ultimately brought him into unclaimed land. He was on the shore of a large river when he finally pounced on his prey and killed it with a swift bite to the neck, and upon doing so he rose to his full height and looked around with pricked ears. The rushing water was jarringly loud, a stark contrast to the still desert. It was warm, given the season, but still much cooler than back home — at this point in the day, it would be sweltering. He'd never minded the heat, having grown up in a similar landscape, but he figured it would be nice to get away for just a little bit and eat here. And so he crouched by the river, cooled by the droplets of chilly water that splashed him every now and again, and tucked into his meal.

enjolras h.

HOLD ME IN THIS WILD WORLD

SANGUINE RUINS — MELANISTIC SERVAL — TAGS

• ★ ★ ★ He had been doing a simple border patrol when he had gotten side tracked (as always). An Oropendola had been hopping around on the jungle floor, chirping softly and pecking at the ground. Of course, Enjolras was not going to hunt it, as was the ideals of the clan, but he had no problem chasing it for fun. Plus, it kept him in shape. So, he crouched low and slowly got closer and closer until...pounce! He landed just short of the bird and took off after is as it soared through the trees.

He was too caught up in his chase with the bird to realize how far out he had gotten, until he caught another scent on the humid breeze. He skidded to a halt, watching as the bird landed just above his head, clearly just as exhausted as he was after the chase. He took deep breathes before looking around, trying to locate where the stranger with this scent was coming from. He followed it towards a tumbling river and immediately spotted another serval. He cautiously approached, head cocked to the side in interest. "Uhh, salut!" he called as he got closer. "Who might you be?"

𝐍𝐄𝐂 𝐃𝐈𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐌 𝐀𝐂𝐂𝐈𝐏𝐈𝐓 𝐂𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐈

enjolras harbringer . volary flights - daimyo . male . serval . biography

• When a voice suddenly met his ears, Dracula looked up in surprise to see a young serval approaching. He sniffed experimentally, but couldn't recognize the scent that clung to him. Not that this said very much — he'd been a loner since before the shift to Agrelos, and as such wasn't familiar with any of the clans these days, save for the Sanguine Ruins of course. Scents changed with the territory one resided in, and he'd done his best over the past couple of years to avoid the clans altogether.

The kid seemed friendly, albeit a bit guarded. He sat up and looked down at the other, deciding that he wasn't a threat. "Dracula Harbringer," the first tier introduced himself with a tip of his head. "You need something?" This seemed like a bit of an odd place to approach a stranger, but maybe that was just him; after living alone for so long, it was difficult to shake the mentality that came along with it.

• ★ ★ ★ Another Harbringer? He had only known his father as a Harbringer, and for such an extensive family it had seemed that he was destined to know only one other with that family name. Regardless of how closely they might actually be related, he was actually quite excited. He a wide grin split his maw and he had to keep himself from jumping. So much for being guarded. "Ah, I'm Enjolras Harbringer! Oh, I 'aven't met another Harbringer before. This is wonderful!" Enj quickly cut himself, lest he ramble on too much and scare Dracula away. "Oh, uhm, I don't need anything! I just didn't recognize you is all. Where do you come from?"

• Surprise colored his features as Enjolras introduced himself, and he was quick to relax upon hearing the boy's surname. "Ah, shit, it's been a while since I've seen another Harbringer around myself," he replied with a smile. To be fair, that was more his own doing than anything else, but he digressed. He couldn't say he was able to match the other's excitement, but this was a pleasant surprise. The Harbringers had been such a tight-knit family in the old days, he recalled, but as time passed they'd all grown apart. He supposed that's what one could expect when so many people from all over the continent were linked by a surname alone — it was easier to forge bonds when everyone lived in the same clan. "Nice t' meet you, kid. I live in BloodCl— the Sanguine Ruins." How long would it take for him to get used to the new name? It was so fuckin' annoying. "What about you?"

• ★ ★ ★ Enjolras immediately stilled. That's what was familiar about Dracula. Currently, his clan was at a ceasefire with them. He didn't know the details, but he still felt he had to tread carefully now. "I'm from the...Volary Flights," he said hesitantly, shuffling a paw before stopping himself. Best not to look too scared about the situation. Plus, family over clan, right? Right? He shook his head slightly and forced himself to make eye contact with Dracula. "I 'ope that doesn't get in the way of anything."

• "Volary Flights?" echoed the serval with a tilt of his head. His yellow eyes narrowed slightly. "They used to be HawkClan, right?" Despite his almost... irritated tone, there was no sign of hostility. The Sanguine Ruins had been enemies with that place a couple years ago, when he'd last been around; they'd been a pro-clan. But a lot had changed since then and although he hadn't bothered to keep close track of clan politics during his extensive time as a loner, he'd been back long enough to familiarize himself with his home's current political standings, even if he didn't know that much about the recent conflict that had Enjolras so worried. After a long moment of silence, he shrugged. "Nah, no worries. Family's family, and our clans aren't at war right now, yeah? Besides, Volary Flights is a neutral clan now, so it could be worse." Now there was a note of teasing humor in his tone, but it wasn't a joke. He wasn't sure how well he'd've responded if Enjolras had admitted to residing in a pro-clan. The thought of a Harbringer living with those pansies was almost laughable to him.

• ★ ★ ★ He let a breathy laugh. "Oui, it was...and I guess it could be." He was glad he wouldn't have to fight Dracula just because they lived in different groups, but it seemed to him that they both had different ideas of what made a good home. He wanted to ask, but having just met someone else he was apparently related to, he didn't want to start any family drama. So, Enj opted for a different line of questioning instead. "Do you 'ave any ideas what happened to the Harbringers? If family is family, what happened to all of us?"