deep blue but you painted me golden | private

• (Here we are FluffyPuppy989 I don’t even know what this is, I have a mega headache)

The android revolution was over, the two opposing sides having come to a rocky, but peaceful truce. It was a joyous moment, that much was obvious, but Simon didn’t truly feel happy. He knew he should’ve been happier, it’s what they’ve been fighting for for so long after all, but he couldn’t help but felt the empty void in his chest. He was sitting beside Markus with a small smile plastered on his face that was barely sincere as he tried not to think about how close they were. It shouldn’t have even been possible for a machine such as him to even feel anything for Markus, but being a deviant provided plenty of those things called ‘feelings’. He had absolutely no idea where to start.

The Manfred house was nice, way nicer than what Simon had gotten used to at Jericho. Markus had invited him, along with North and Josh, to his house once deeming it safe enough to discuss their future course of action. North was getting increasingly more riled up as she debated with Josh, but Simon wasn’t paying attention. He was trying to be nonchalant but lying was never his strong suit. He was grateful that none of the other occupants in the room noticed his staring at Markus nor did they question his lack of engagement.

AND HE'S GOT HIS GUN, HE'S GOT HIS SUIT ON

SHE SAYS, BABE, YOU LOOK SO COOL

cam | libra | entj | tumblr | pinterest

• (It's fine! It's a start :^] )

Markus sat beside Simon, listening to the bickering that went on between North and Josh. He leaned back, a weak sigh escaping him as he grew tired of them arguing. "Why are we arguing?" He questioned, watching as North turned her head to look at him. "Despite us having a peaceful truth with those humans, i believe we aren't done. We have to keep ourselves armed-" the Deviant Leader shook his head. "No, we're not keeping weapons around. We've already secured our freedom. Now we just have to further our progress by getting them to pass laws and bills in regards to our freedoms. We are not going keep anything that could scare them into not doing anything for us." He said, eyebrows furrowing as he shifted in his seat.

North only scoffed, looking away in irritation. Josh seemed pleased that Markus agreed to not carry any weapons. "We have the president on our side, I'm sure there is a whole lot we can do. I plan on making a few appointments to see what all can be done." Markus stated, glancing over to Simon. "What do you think?" He questioned, wanting to hear what he had to say about this issue.

• Simon startled slightly when he heard his name and he flushed slightly at having been caught off guard. He wasn’t sure why Markus even asked him since he always agreed with whatever he wanted. “I agree. I think it’s important to establish trust by showing them that we mean no harm. From what I’ve seen the humans seem to frighten easily,” he explained in a soft tone, sending Markus a small smile. North, noticing that she was obviously outnumbered, cursed and stood up abruptly and left the room. Simon watched her go, a frown on his face. He wanted everyone to work together and he disliked making North upset, but he had to side with Markus...and Josh.

• Markus was pleased that Simon had agreed with both him and Josh. He opened his mouth to say something, but North angrily stood and left the room. Markus huffed and stood to follow after her. "North-" he said, trying to desperately get her to calm down and understand that they can't use violence against the humans now that they have gained their freedom peacefully. Josh watched the two of them leave the room, glancing over to Simon. Shaking his head as he listened to the two argue outside of the room. "It's like they're an old, married couple. They always bicker about something, yet they still get along well." He chuckled, shifting back so he could relax. "They're both something.." Josh mused, looking over towards the slightly closed door.

• Simon watched Markus go after North was a small frown. He never understood why Markus fretted over North so much, as if her feelings were the most important thing. Simon looked over at Josh and forced himself to smile good naturedly at his comment. Yes, that’s right, Markus liked North, it seemed only right. North was pretty, you’d have to blind to deny that, and she was fearless and smart. Compared to her, Simon was nothing.

“Yes, they are,” he said in response to both parts of the statement. “They’re great for each other though,” he added, keeping his tone as level as possible. Sometimes, a selfish part of him really wished he was back in his old life, back when he wasn’t deviant. It was so much easier when he didn’t have to pretend like everything was fine with Markus. Pretending like he wasn’t all but invisible to Markus.

• Markus watched in irritation as North walked out of the house. He just watched her leave before quietly walking back into the room. Sitting back down next to Simon, he glanced over to Josh, who stood and walked out to find where North was going. Markus leaned back, sighing softly as he struggled to relax. "Simon, can you stay for a while?" He asked lightly, looking over to him. His mismatched eyes meeting blue ones.

"Why cant North understand that fighting violence with violence is not a good idea? We've gotten what we wanted, but using violence now isn't a good idea. Doing such could erase what we've done." He moved his hands up and rubbed his face. "I understand her past, but we've all been through a lot." He allowed his hands to fall, keeping his eyes fixed on the other android.

• Simon watched Josh leave and Markus come back, frowning at the look on the other android’s face. “Sure, I can stay for as long as you want,” he said kindly, his lips turning up into a smile. Regardless of his feelings he always loved to spend time with Markus when he wasn’t busy. “I don’t know about North,” he said, glancing at where she had left. “I don’t think she’s really looking at this from all angles. It’s frustrating to be patient with her,” he sighed, moving his gaze back to Markus. “But don’t worry, I’m here for you if you ever need anything,” He offered.

• Markus allowed a light smile to form on his face. Pleased that the PL600 was willing to stay with him. "I know, i just wish she knew that we cannot do things her way. We cannot afford it," he said. Shifting up a bit so he could take his long coat off. He's had this since the middle of the revolution, and it showed for that. It was tattered and worn, while also stained. The thirium stains were not visible to the human eye, but they were there.

"Thanks, you're easier to speak to than North. Her mind is always fixed on one thing." He looked to Simon, watching him with his discolored eyes. He observed the blond, taking in his eyes and his imperfections. Simon was practically flawless, while he on the other hand suffered from otherwise. There were freckles that littered across his nose, and his eyes were different. Sometimes he suffered from errors due to the body parts not originally being from him. But he learned to work with it.

Markus turned his head to face a painting that was hung up on the wall, watching it in content. "You've been quiet, almost nervous. Is there something that's bugging you?" He asked, finally returning his gaze to the android.

• Simon allows himself to relax into the couch, feeling more at ease when it was just the two of them. He watched Markus shed his coat, his eyes stuck momentarily on the flex of the other android’s artificial muscles. “I’m glad to hear that, I want to be a good friend,” he stated softly, glancing down at his fingers that he was absentmindedly fiddling together. He glanced back up only to find Markus already staring at him and he flushed. He always felt nervous when Markus gave him his undivided attention.

“No,” he responded, staring into Markus’s mismatched eyes, “there’s nothing wrong. I guess I’m just caught up in all of this,” he said with a weak smile and a shrug. He didn’t want Markus to worry about him, not when he had so many other things to deal with.

• Markus frowned, but soon nodded slowly. He wasn't going to push Simon on and force him to tell him everything. "You shouldn't have to worry about too much Simon. I'm the one who has to worry about things." He replied softly, hand carefully moving to press against his knee.

Markus had a habit of touching or doing something. It was that caretaker instinct he had buried deep inside of him. It was something he could never shake, not after all those years with Carl. "You are a good friend, there are things I wouldn't even know how to do without you, Josh, and North around." He assured. Completely forgetting he still had his hand on Simon's knee. He just barely even noticed now, too focused on watching him with warm eyes.

• Simon’s eyes immediately snapped down to the hand that was placed on his knee, his cheeks heating up. “You don’t have to worry alone, don’t carry the burden all by yourself,” he replied, his blue eyes still stuck on the hand. Markus’s hand was warm and comforting on his knee and he briefly wondered it would be like to hold his hand.

His next comment, however, immediately ruined Simon’s mood, the trance broken. Of course it was him, North, and Josh. It was never just him alone. “Yeah, well, we’re here to support each other.” He smiles over at Markus before glancing down at the hand again, still distracted by it severely.

• "I'll be fine. Besides, i brought this onto myself." He responded lightly, looking down to see that Simon was focused on his hand. He flinched the hand back and moved it to his own knee, fingertips curling against the pants he wore. "Sorry- i have a habit of doing that. I didn't mean to keep it there for that long." He gnawed on his lip, keeping his hands on his own body once more.

Markus leaned back, allowing his head to fall back so he could stare at the ceiling. After a few minutes of silence, he glanced over to Simon out of the corner of his eye. "Simon, do you ever have these feelings for an android? But you don't know how they're going to act?" He asked, voice soft and low. "It's.. the feelings are weird. But they're also interesting, comforting." He mumbled.

• Simon watched him freak out and take his hand back as he felt a jab of sadness at the loss. “No, no, it’s fine. I like it...I-I mean I don’t m-mind,” He babbled, trying to reassure Markus. He sent Markus a kind smile, trying to ignore the blush on his face.

He let them fall into a comfortable silence, trying not to be too weird by staring at Markus for too long. “Feelings for an android?” He asked quietly, trying to ignore the sinking feeling in his chest. Did Markus like someone? It was probably North. “Yeah...I do know. It’s nice and definitely comforting, but frustrating because I know that it can never be returned,” he responded with a sad smile.

• Markus tapped his fingers against his knee, trying not to freak out too much over it. "Still, I don't even realize I'm doing it half the time. It hust happens." He responded, shame bubbling up inside of him. He felt bad, but refused to let it get to him. Then again, his fingers yearned to be back where they had been previously.

Markus turned his head to look at Simon, blinking as he listened to him speak. "Yeah.. I know how that feels. I doubt they even like me." He sighed, once again looking up towards the ceiling. Simon liked someone? Who was it? It wasn't him, that was for sure. It made him feel a tad disappointed, but it was whatever made him feel happy.

• Simon reached over and placed a hand on top of Markus’s and gripped it slightly. “I’m serious, it’s ok. Don’t worry about it,” he assured, smiling sincerely at the other man. “And...I’m sure they do like you. I mean, who wouldn’t like you?” He asked in a light tone, but his smile tightened. “The person I like, however, they could never like me back. They’re totally oblivious and I think they like someone else anyway,” he continued sadly, his hand still on Markus’s.

• Markus nearly jumped as a hand was placed on top of his own. He relaxed, enjoying the touch of his hand. Finding it to be rather.. soothing. "No, I doubt they would. They just don't seem like that kind of person.." he answered softly. "I'm sure they do like you, Simon. Maybe you just have to wait until the time is right." Markus added, looking over to the android. He moved his hand so he could turn it, returning the gentle squeeze. "We should head back to Jericho. I have things I need to take care of." He said, standing and grabbing his coat. Waiting for Simon to join him.

• Simon smiled albeit somewhat painfully. Sometimes he just wanted to slap Markus right across his infuriatingly attractive face. “Yeah sure, right time...” he mumbled, looking away. He startled a bit when Markus turned his hand over to squeeze his own and he mentally groaned. He really wished Markus hadn’t of done that because now Simon didn’t ever want to let go. But alas, he didn’t have to as Markus was letting go of his hand and on his feet in an instant. He closed his eyes for a moment and took a large, unneeded breath before nodding and standing to join Markus.

• Markus led them back to Jericho, breaking away from the blond so he could go do some things alone. Mostly just preparing for dates where he would go meet and discuss things to further progress their freedom. He looked up when an android entered his room, informing him of some visitors.

At first, Markus was a bit skeptical. But he agreed to meet them and went to go see what they wanted from him. The group discussed some things with him before handing him a box. Telling him that it was their gift to him. Markus hesitantly took it, returning to his room so he could continue to work.

After he was finished, he went to go join his friends. Wanting to speak with them about the things he was planning. As he talked, he ended up feeling his voice crack and slow. Only to suddenly collapse.

• Simon honestly didn’t know what to do with himself once Markus was gone. Markus was the leader of this whole operation and Simon usually spent his time helping him, but it seemed as if Markus had everything under control at the moment.

Eventually, after Simon had checked in on nearly every other android in Jericho, he went to find Markus. He hoped that perhaps he could lend a hand in some way as he was starting to feel rather useless. He spotted North and Josh talking and as he approached, he was thankful to see that North didn’t appear to be as angry as before.

His questioning of where Markus was was half way out of his mouth when the said man walks up. Simon instantly turns to greet him with a bright smile, genuinely glad to see the other android again. But of course, as nothing in Simon’s life could ever go the right way, Markus’s speech starts cracking up and sounding more robotic. He reached forward to place a concerned hand on Markus’s arm when the man collapses, sending Simon into immediate panic. He reacted faster than the other two, dropping to the floor and grabbing Markus and pulling his unconscious body onto his lap.

“Markus!” He yelled, steadying the man’s head in his lap. He sent a frantic look to Josh who was crouched down beside them, North calling for help. “What’s wrong with him?” He asked desperately, his gaze snapping back down to study Markus’s face, scanning him for issues.

• Josh was about to respond when Markus csme back to life. Eyes shooting open as he looked about in panic. Partially aware of what's going on. After about a minute passes by, he started to see other things happen. Markus's form started to tremble and shake, thirium now everywhere. "Where is his thirium coming from?" He questioned, soon realizing what was the problem.

The virus that was invading Markus had turned the parts he had salvaged against him. He could see his blue eye leaking thirium, along with his pump and legs. "If his thirium pump is turning against him, we have to do something fast." He said, watching Markus twitch and grimace. Barely noticing the thirium and how much was on Simon.

"We need to get someone who can go in and remove the virus. If we don't, he's going to die." Josh said, looking over to Simon, hoping he understood what he was talking about. "Though, in order to go in, we have to have his consent." That was the only problem. An android has to consent before allowing another to delve within their systems. He was worried Markus wouldn't be able to speak. Or, he wouldn't give them consent and he would shut down.