OF ACHES AND PAINS || O, JOINING/RETURN

• 「 nothing ever comes without a consequence or cost 」

Cloudpaw. Cloudwatcher. Cloudcatcher. Cloudpaw, again. Cloudbounce. Halcyon.

A life of ups and downs plagued the ex-medicine cat, along with different names for different stages of his life. Changing it out of distaste, getting it ripped from him and replaced as a -paw again, renamed as a full member of Windclan, his chosen loner name when he briefly turned to Bloodclan for shelter.

Yet here he was again, on the borders of Windclan's moors. Did he belong here? Did he deserve to call Windclan a home once more? Debatable. At least he didn't smell of Bloodclan anymore. It was long enough now that perhaps no one would remember him, no one would recognize him.

Sitting at the border, the tom's fluffy tail curled around his body. Something...drew him here. If he still believed in them, Cloud could almost say that it was Starclan urging him back to his old home. There was only one way to find out if he belonged here again or not: by joining. He was more than experienced with slipping away in the middle of the night, running until his trail went cold. Huffing slightly, his sky-blue eyes glanced over the tall grass, waiting for a Windclanner to appear as he sat in silence.

"speaking." or "speaking."

TAGS (no link yet)

I THINK I'M GONNA BURN IN HELL ・゚★

—————everybody burn the house right down

• Stormfeather was one of the aforementioned cats that wouldn't really remember Cloudwatcher. Relatively speaking, her time in WindClan had been rather brief. So the former medicine cat had likely run the moors before her time here. So when she stumbled upon the unfamiliar face with the untraceable scent, she thought nothing of it. Joiners ambled by on a pretty routine basis, so this was really nothing out of the ordinary. The chocolate lynx point trotted closer to the male, waving her tail a bit in greeting. "Hello," she greeted neutrally. "How can I help you?"

"SOMETIMES I FEEL COLD" & TAGS

AND YOU KNOW YOU'RE A TERRIBLE SIGHT

Mammon / Female / WindClan / 23 moons / penned by Monahan

• Ironclaw and Haycloud were hunting out on the moors. As much as the duo bickered and argued, they made a fantastic team. Their modus operandi was simple. Haycloud, being smaller and more nimble, would herd prospective prey towards Ironclaw. who, being faster and stronger, would deliver the killing blow. It brought the two into a strange zen-like zone, knowing each other’s plans and techniques without exchanging words.

The two were in the middle of catching a rabbit when something caught Haycloud off guard. A strange, yet familiar scent. Then it hit him like a ton of bricks, and the orange tomcat froze in his tracks. Not even noticing the rabbit sprint past.

“What was that?” His former mentor trotted up to him, an annoyed look on his maw. “Why’d you stop?”

“Uh-uh-i don’t know” Haycloud stammered out a response. “Why don’t you head back to camp, I’ll catch something else on the way back.”

The wannabe medicine cat knew Ironclaw’s opinion of Cloudbounce well. It was imperative to get the former deputy away. The white tomcat raised an eyebrow before responding. “Well, alright. You better bring back a juicy piece, though!” He called as he raced away.

As soon as Haycloud knew he was out of sight, he turned and sprinted for the border faster than he ever had before. An orange blur contrasting the deep green of the moors was all an onlooker would see. “Mister Cloudbounce!” He shouted as he approached, barreling into the former medicine cat with a hug. “I’m so glad you’re back, I missed you so much!” He looked up at his idol, tears already forming at the edges of his blue eyes. “I can’t believe it’s really you!”

• Lumbering up alongside the group came the blind deputy, a soft smile playing at his features before letting it roll of his face like raindrops off a window and into a frown. The unusual scent of the loner invading his nostrils leaving a rather unpleasant odor about him, but the deputy was sure this would be for something useful. It seemed very rarely that anyone showed up at the border with any other intention aside from joining, not that he was complaining. He was excited. He wanted nothing more for Windclan than for it to grow and thrive into something powerful that he would one day, hopefully, manage to keep that way. Stopping alongside Haycloud the empty sockets of the deputy trailed towards the wannabe medicine cat. "Cloudbounce?" He questioned softly to himself as he returned his hollow stare onto the stranger, not seeing a thing. He was sure that his questions would be answered soon enough but for now he'd have to be patient.

FROM OUR TIMES, WHEN YOU'RE NEAR ME

HONEY, WHEN YOU KILL THE LIGHTS AND KISS MY EYES

I FEEL LIKE A PERSON FOR A MOMENT OF MY LIFE

rulindil - windclan - deputy - 31 moons - penned by zeis

• She had decided to tag along, but found herself at a loss. She had been born when this Cloudbounce was nine moons. Of course, she didn't know them. Only Haycloud knows them. Everyone else around here has no idea who this is. Ahh, I'm glad. I won't be the only one who's confused, but I feel bad for Cloudbounce. We can't properly welcome him back. Should I say it's nice to have you back? No, that's weird. What if he keeps talking to me? I'll have to make stuff up! or maybe he'll be frustrated with me! Maybe he's a little overwhelmed by how many cats are here?? I don't know. I should just keep silent.And that's what she did. She kept silent. The only thing she did was raise her paw to wave at this Cloudbounce.

MOMENTS PASS, SHATTERED GLASS, HANDS OF TIME, WHERE'S THAT CHIME?

SMOKEHAZE \ 15 MOONS \ WINDCLAN \ TAGS \ PENNED BY vincent

• TAGS ☆彡should he really be welcomed back like that? the former leader's voice was abrupt, and slightly cold. everyone from that time was practically gone, and out of everyone, he wasn't entirely sure that this one deserved to make a comeback. his feelings on the former medicine cat had always been wayward; he didn't outright hate the other, but he didn't particularly like him, either. perhaps he would've, at a time; but, the other was always constantly leaving windclan. leaving, betraying, mad; a combination of all three, or none. who knew what kind of cloud-whatever they'd be faced with, this go around. warily, the warrior would stand off to the side, leveling the other male with a cool stare. he wondered, painfully, if the other even knew buzzardflight was dead, or even how brutally the other died. at least he died serving our clan, he'd think grimly, unwavering in the sight of cloud.

all opinions are ic! || played by happeh

bloomed in a garden of loneliness a flower that resembles you

Cloudwatcher's heart lept into his throat as Haycloud and Ironclaw appeared, the younger of the two bounding forward with warm familiarity that he wasn't used too. He felt...warm, welcomed, but also disgusted. He was counting on everyone he knew being gone, and Haycloud was more than familiar with what the older tom had done. Awkwardly chuckling, he patted Haycloud's head gently while making it seem like he was pushing Hay away, quickly whispering "Hush. No one needs to recognize me."

Blue eyes glanced back up towards Stormfeather, his ear flicking back a little, hoping she didn't hear him. "I've heard much about these clans in my travels. I was wondering if you'd have me." Wait, they still think that his name was Cloudbounce. "However, I don't know of this "Cloudbounce". My name is Halcyon." Having to stop himself from doing a doubletake when he saw Morningfrost, the tom blinked as calmly as he could at the former leader, addressing him and nothing else. "I've been alone since I was young. I promise I can be of...use, for the clan." Yes, he sounded like every other loner trying to join a clan, but perhaps that would make him a bit less suspicious, especially with Haycloud and Morningfrost.

[ooc note for those who recognize him! cloud/halcyon is rejoining for a plot already laid out w icey/liz so feel free to dis/trust him but he needs to be accepted into the clan! :3]

TAGS (no link yet)

• Haycloud was conflicted, to say the least. The wannabe medic had always been adverse to lying, it was how his parents had raised him. But if the orange tomcat told the truth now and divulged the story of the ticks, it could ruin Halcyon’s chances of getting accepted back into the clan.

Haycloud had always viewed the former Windclanner as somewhat of a cool older brother. Someone to come to for advice, someone who always knew the right thing to say, someone who could do no wrong. Weather or not Halcyon deserved that praise was up for debate, but it was the orange tomcat’s viewpoint nonetheless.

I can’t lose him again!’ The warrior stepped away from his friend, trying his best to look embarrassed before dipping his head respectfully. “My apologies, mister Halcyon. I thought you were someone else.”

Haycloud turned to the other warriors with a hopeful gaze. “I know that I’ve no official say in the matter, but for what it’s worth, I think we should let him join.”

• OOC; TEXT HERE

IC; Sparrowpaw, as always, was a small shadow following behind her mentor, Morningfrost. The small she-cat would stand beside him as he spoke to the loner and she would flick her ears in slight interest as Haycloud greeted this supposed loner so warmly. Her gray-blue eyes would narrow slightly as this 'Halcyon' gently pushed her clanmate away and spoke as a stranger. Something about the way he carried himself felt....off to her. Her supicion grew as Haycloud apologized, and yet turned with hopeful eyes, staking his support in this loner joinging their ranks. "Strange....isn't it?..." She kept her voice low for only her mentor to hear as she looked over to their deputy.

∙∙thoughts∙∙ ∙∙actions∙∙ ∙∙speech∙∙

(c)trexgirl

Don't you ever tame your demons

( But always keep 'em on a leash )

( ✧ ) ——— ( ✧ ) —Tags— ( ✧ ) ——— ( ✧ )

• As the ebony leader passed by the area, his interest was intrigued when a multitude of voices came from the border. His eyes narrowed slightly, and he changed his direction to head towards the group. As he arrived, he had only caught the tail end of the loners words. Halcyon? That was a strange name. The tom certainly didn't look familiar to him, but maybe the former medicine cat apprentice knew more faces than he did. Were they around the same age? He wasn't sure. During his youth he didn't pay any attention to anyone besides himself.

"You say you can be of use here? What sets you aside from everyone else wanting to join?" He was curious more than anything. He had no issues with the tom joining, he just wanted to know why Halcyon thought so highly of himself.

[ TAGS ]

Lizardstar.png

WHEN ALL YOU GOT TO KEEP IS STRONG

MOVE ALONG JUST TO MAKE IT THROUGH

LIZARDSTAR — WINDCLAN — LEADER 8/9 — TAGS (6/15), PENNED BY ICEY !

Nodding gratefully as Haycloud stepped away from him a bit, Cloud-- Halcyon shrugged. Part of him was disappointed to continue holding onto his loner name, but he supposed it couldn't be helped. "It's alright. Grey and white cats probably aren't uncommon." He chuckled lightly. Hal's fluffy tail curled around his paws again, sky blue eyes glancing at Sparrowpaw with a little bit of distrust before focusing on Lizardstar.

He quirked a fictional eyebrow after he spoke. It wasn't his intention to make himself seem better than others. "Well, I can hunt well and can hold my own in a battle. I was just trying to make it clear that I wasn't going to simply loaf around here. However, I do have quite an extensive knowledge of healing, if need be." Halcyon's voice was calm, steady, and a little bit strained as he kept eye contact wwith the leader.

TAGS (no link yet)