A New Life- Joining

• The young kit carefully jumped from branch to branch, finally reaching the floor. She lifted her head and sniffed the air. I have to hurry, they’ll notice my scent soon. Where to go? She caught onto a loud noise. I think I know where to go. She raced to a river surrounding a large piece of land and stood by the side, looking down at herself. The kit’s thin silvery white fur ruffled in the wind, cooling her pelt. Her light misty eyes stared up at her, showing just how bad the past few sunrises has been. Then she tilted her muzzle to the sky and let out a cry. Mira, I promise I’ll never forget you. Mist gazed across the river as she thought this. It’s time to start a whole new life...

“I’m joining a clan”

Mystery, Supernatural, Gang rps, Adventure/Action...

The Empire dynasty is still alive and well. We live among the shadows, planning and plotting.... Under a new name. Brace yourself for change, and be ready for tyranny.

• Ravensong seemed to always be up and about. The restless queen of RiverClan could be found far beyond the camp, constantly tasting the wind for prey, predators, or intruders. RiverClan was a bit too welcome, but she didn't mind. After all, the diverse personalities that could be found throughout the camp brought life into a seemingly mundane schedule. It also became more common to find outsiders hoping to join their Clan during the warmer seasons. "This is RiverClan territory. What brings you all the way out here, young one?" She announced softly, hoping to not startle the kit as she made herself known.

"speaking in #0081ff"

- tags -

DESTINATION DESOLATION

‧͙ ⁺ ˚ * ・ ༓ ☾

☽ ༓ ・ * ˚ ⁺ ‧͙

⋇ ⋆ ✦ ⋆ ⋇

( TELL ME WHEN YOU REACH THE BRINK OF LIFE )

ravensong | riverclan senior warrior | melo-crisis

• Mist looked up to see an older cat watching her. She brushed down the fur by her ears nervously and met the cat’s eyes. “I-“ she said flicking her tail “I was wondering if I could join”. The moment the words came out of her mouth she looked back down at the rushing river. This time instead of her own reflection stood Mira. Her sister’s calm blue eyes meeting hers. She stood in front of Mist, her blue-grey pelt shimmering in the light of an invisible moon. Mist jumped back in surprise, her eyes opened wide in alarm. Had she imagined that?

The Empire dynasty is still alive and well. We live among the shadows, planning and plotting.... Under a new name. Brace yourself for change, and be ready for tyranny.

• —— 🎕 It was a hot afternoon, the kind of day that just begged one to blow off their responsibilities and pad off alone to do StarClan-knows-what. So he had, abandoning his attempt at hunting to wander through the farthest reaches of the territory, lost in a meditative trance that had left his attention to his surroundings far behind. It shouldn't have been a surprise, then, that the scents of cats around him had gone completely unnoticed. A marshy clearing before him held the sudden sight of Ravensong with an unfamiliar kit, and he debated joining them, unsure if the intimidating older warrior would chew him out for leaving his duties behind. Well, whatever -- if it happened, it happened.

"Ravensong?" He said, his soft voice seeming loud in the still air. "Who's this you've found?"

// for next time, dianemu: you might've realized this already but this is the OOC board, rp threads go on the main board

send me up a drink

25 moons | riverclan warrior | played by midsummer

• Mist turned to look at the other cat who had approached, still shocked by what she had seen. So the cat’s name is Ravensong. She’s named after a bird just like Mira. She calmed herself and gave a shy smile. Mist answered, “My name’s Mist and” she looked back at Ravensong “I was asking if I could join.” She brushed the fur by her ears again, and studied the cat. Realizing that the cat would probably see the pressure of the past sunrises in her eyes, Mist turned away and looked past the cat into the unfamiliar territory.

// Sorry, I’ll make sure to put it on there next time

• Well, Ravensong couldn't refuse a kit. In fact, that's how she became the mother of RiverClan. Saying no was too hard. She wanted to ask a few questions though. It would be unfortunate if the kit's mother came looking for her, and then accused the Clan cats for stealing her child. "A stray kit." She murmured to Swanfeather. Turning back to Mist, she asked, "It's nice to meet you, Mist. Before I let you in, I have one question: Where is your family?"

//I could ask staff to get this thread moved to the ic board if you want?

"speaking in #0081ff"

- tags -

DESTINATION DESOLATION

‧͙ ⁺ ˚ * ・ ༓ ☾

☽ ༓ ・ * ˚ ⁺ ‧͙

⋇ ⋆ ✦ ⋆ ⋇

• Mist looked behind her, she could feel tears forming in her eyes, but she was able to explain a reason for where they were. “My parents decided that they wanted to trade in their lives as loners for lives as kittypets” she felt pain creep into her voice “I didn’t want to so I left before they could force me to come with them. The rest is a bit confusing.” she said, turning back to look straight into Ravensong’s eyes. “I left a few sunrises ago” she murmured. At least that’s easier to say than the full story.

//Thanks that would help a lot

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dianemu ().

• She understood why the kid would want to hold on to the life of freedom. It was a decision that brought hardships with it, but it could never compare to the dull life of a kittypet's. Forgive me for asking such a personal question. I understand your pain. Come with me, I'm sure the rest of RiverClan will grow to love you." She decided, glancing at Swanfeather to see if he had a different opinion. To leave the kit here, homeless and exposed, was to break the code they upheld. Should any of her Clanmates find reason to hate Mist for her origin, Ravensong was prepared to scold them for their immature views.

"speaking in #0081ff"

- tags -

DESTINATION DESOLATION

‧͙ ⁺ ˚ * ・ ༓ ☾

☽ ༓ ・ * ˚ ⁺ ‧͙

⋇ ⋆ ✦ ⋆ ⋇

• Mist smiled and flicked her tail in excitement. “Thank you so much! You can’t imagine how much this means to me” she cried.

• —— 🎕 He gritted his teeth slightly at the kitten's tragic story. So young, and already abandoned. He was glad Ravensong was here, the nurturing mother of what seemed like half the clan, since he would never be able to muster a loving, parental tone so easily. It wasn't that he didn't ache for the child's pain, but emotional words had difficulty forming on his tongue in even the best of times. Instead, he gave Ravensong a quick nod and a small, tense smile, silently thanking her for taking charge. "There are many cats in RiverClan who aren't clanborn. I think you'll fit in just fine," he offered to Mist. It was more of a statement of fact than an empathetic reassurance, but it was the best thing he could come up with. Hopefully, the young one would be able to take solace in those words.

send me up a drink

• Mist nodded thankfully to the other cat. “Uh-sorry I didn’t get your name” she said, brushing down the fur by her ears.

• —— 🎕 "Oh! Um, I'm Swanfeather," he said, stuttering slightly. It was a bit of a ridiculous name, considering his dark fur, but he supposed there was such a thing as a black swan. Whether or not his mother had known that, though, was up for debate. "We should get back to camp now, huh?"

send me up a drink

• She smiled at the name, yet another cat named after a bird. Maybe while she was here she would find a way to remember Mira for who she was. “Yea, um, should I come too?”

• It was strange. This seemed to be a kit around the age of his litter wasn’t it? Knowing speaking to Rootlegs, they’d probably be able to adopt the kit although if not he would solely be the father. “Mist huh?” He said softly, a smile on his maw. “It’s a beautiful name.” He nodded.

// sorry for responding so late!

• // It’s fine. When does Ryecatcher enter?

• Sky ran across the green grass to Mist yowling, “Mist, how long has it been since I last seen you?! I’ve been looking everywhere for you!” Sky’s green eyes glowed with her white pelt shining with excitement to see her long lost companion.

• Mist turned to look at Sky, her kin’s green eyes glowing in excitement. Just seeing Sky was enough to make her smile. Mist brushed her fur against Sky’s as a sign of affection, “I missed you!” she turned to Ravensong and Swanfeather “this is my kin, Sky, I think that she’s also here to join.”

//When she says that they’re kin, she means that they’re cousins

• Sky nodded. She had been wanting to join a clan lately, and today was the day that she had been waiting for. To find a clan to join, and to find her kin entering the same one. She hadn’t been this happy in a very long time.

• Horizongraze sleepily lumbered through the reeds to the cats gathered at the border. "Hello there." He offered.

His paws and face were still bandaged after a torture by Bloodclan, but he never really acknowledged them.

"Who are these two cuties?"

• Mist turned to the cat who had just approached and widened her eyes to see the bandages on it’s pelt. She pounced toward it and brushed her pelt against the other cat, “Are you alright?” she meowed, nervously. She then turned to Sky and said, “I’m Mist and this is Sky, we were looking to join.”