Rippling Secrets (Joining Thread)

• Calico-cat.jpg

Quiautl|14 Moons|Female

Heightened senses and light steps were the only source that a stranger was passing through these lands, the feline keeping the river on her right as she made her way through the forest from the suburbs, Quiautl feeling uncertain as she padded towards the two-legs bridge where she could hear a rumbling that sounded almost like one of the monsters but smelled of water oddly enough. She was not a well versed feline in the ways of the world, nor an experienced traveler, but she wanted to experience the world and everything in it. As she approached the two-legs bridge, her ears twitched as the smell of water invaded her nose and then continued onto the bridge, keeping to the side of the bridge out of self preservation, knowing the monsters could easily mow an animal down if they passed by. She wasn't sure what she expected to find out within the wilderness, away from two-leg settlement, but she certainly didn't expect clans of feral cats to be out and about, making homes within the wild nature.

• Quiautl|14 Moons|Female

Well this was a pointless endeavor, thought the feline to herself as she looked around the bridge before jumping up onto the railing and sitting down, peering down into the river below. Quiautl walked along the bridge railing before jumping down and heading across the bridge to the other side where she began descending down a grassy slope towards the river proper. Once she was on level ground, she shook herself and padded underneath the bridge to rest for a bit, dipping a paw into the river.

• Silentsong sat on the bridge, watching the cat below her. Her heart skipped a beat, as she leaned a little too far. She landed in the river, spraying water everywhere.

Don't act like I'm not here.

I know what you're doing.

Don't leave me in the cold.

Zoo Escape// Small cat Rp

Spirit Animal?

Wolf

• Quiautl had only been resting for a bit when she caught sight of a form falling and landing in the water. Water shot up from the splash, more spray really, and got her wet. Quiautl hissed in displeasure for she didn't like getting wet. She was not a breed of cat that enjoyed water. The feline reluctantly got to her paws as she shook herself to get the water out of her coat, she didn't have a water-resistant coat either, and peered into the water. "What did you fall in for?" questioned Quiautl. Dumb cat, losing its balance when we're supposed to be graceful creatures. Quiautl let out a hiss of annoyance before padding into the shallow water in case the feline needed help getting out.

• Silentsong sat up and shook her fur out. She looked up, slightly confused. 'The bridge seems slippery today...' She thought, not answering Quiautl.

Spirit Animal?

Wolf

• “Don’t mind Silentsong, she’s just a mouse-brain.” Henpelt mumbled with an irritable flick of his tail before padding forwards to meet the stranger on the bridge. The chocolate tomcat carefully looked her up and down for a few moments.She doesn’t seem to be from the hollow, at least I don’t remember her. Guess it’s fine.

The schemer cleared his throat before continuing. “There seems to be more important things at play, however. While you may not be aware, you’re trespassing on Riverclan territory. Now unless you have some business with us, or want to join the clan, I’m going to have to ask you to leave immediately.” he finished bluntly, beady yellow eyes focused on Quiautl, his expression unreadable.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Shmevin ().

• Silentsong glared at Henpelt. 'You and your tongue...' She thought, rolling her eyes.

Spirit Animal?

Wolf

• Quiautl turned her cranium towards the sound of another voice as she heard the feline who had fallen stand and shake water out of her pelt, the molly not moving where she had waded into the water, the river swirling around her paws and between her legs as she stood there. "Perhaps the correct question is why are stray and feral cats living so close to man who can just as easily trap you without harm and take you someplace where you'll be provided for," quipped Quiautl in response to the foreign Tom's words that approached her. Hmmm...so that is why the feline does not speak...it is either stupid, mute or just a natural loner. The female lifted a paw and flicked some water away as she looked down at the river, her reflection against a smooth surface before lashing a paw at her reflection, causing it to blur and ripple.

Turning and darting back onto the grassy embankment, Quiautl flicked the water from each paw and observed the pair of felines, her nose twitching to take in their scents. They didn't smell like kin and the male's scent did not mark the female as his. Of course that would fade in time, it wasn't like cats mated for life after all. "Unless you are the...leader of this...female and 'territory'...what right do you have to inform anyone where they can and cannot go?" questioned Quiautl. "Perhaps living with man has hindered your judgement but cats should be free to explore and hunt as they please. We are not the bigger cousin lions who live in prides nor wolves and dogs that live in packs. Not that it is your concern but I happen to be out and exploring the countryside and as for joining...that entirely depends."

• Silentsong shook her head, then sat down. It was story time. Unsheathing a claw, she scratched a few lines into the ground, dividing them. 'Lets see... All the clans, plus BloodClan, and the Tribe... Got it.' After doing that, she put a leaf in each territory, followed by pebbles. She picked a few pebbles and pushed them to the "border". Each time one tried to cross, the leaf pushed them back into their "territory".

Spirit Animal?

Wolf

• Henpelt’s eyes widened briefly in surprise before returning to their neutral expression. This one seems more well-spoken then the mange-pelts that usually show up on our doorstep. Interesting.’

“I’ve tried the kittypet life, lady. Didn't work out. If someone doesn’t take kindly to me, I’ve got nowhere to run except back to my towlegs. And those mouse-brains are foolish enough to let the damn thing inside.” The chocolate tomcat was speaking from experience. In fact, it was the whole reason he was now with Riverclan.

His hackles began to raise at her next comment. “First of all, I wouldn’t associate with that flea-bag if my life depended on it. Second of all, my leader has entrusted me to guard this territory for the sake of the clan, that’s what gives me the right.”

His claws slid out at the intruder’s third statement. “Ooooh, I know your type. Think you’re better then everyone else, huh? Well I’m afraid that’s not how things work around here, darling.” He stopped at her last sentence, a bit dumbfounded. “Depends on what?” He growled.

• —— 🎕 He had planned to spend his morning trekking to Fourtrees, followed perhaps by a nap nested in the crevices of the massive oak roots, or a sunny afternoon of chasing squirrels. Instead, his meditative, solitary walk had been harshly interrupted by the keening of Henpelt's irritated voice. His golden eyes rolled, teeth clenched in annoyance. He hadn't spoken much with the fiery former kittypet - he seemed like the type to stir up trouble wherever he went, and Swanfeather found that kind of thing intensely draining.

Approaching the Twoleg bridge, he could see Henpelt and Silentsong facing off with an unfamiliar cat. This kind of thing happened a lot when the weather got warmer and the kittypets and loners ventured out of their dens to stumble into clan territory, and he was about to turn away from the event altogether when he noticed the glint of the sun on Henpelt's extended claws. He cursed the tom under his breath, and bounded towards the gathering of cats.

"Hey! Henpelt!" He demanded, his long stride quickly carrying up to stand beside the other tom. "What's going on here? Keep your claws away if you can help it. Warriors don't start fights unless it's absolutely necessary." He supposed he didn't know the whole story, but the unknown she-cat hadn't taken up a battle stance. And besides, while he wasn't a senior warrior, he'd certainly been in RiverClan longer than Henpelt had, and he felt that gave him some authority in the situation. It was also something of a natural tendency of his to trust his own way, perhaps shoving others aside if he felt it appropriate. That certainly was the case now.

send me up a drink

25 moons | riverclan warrior | played by midsummer

The post was edited 1 time, last by SWANFEATHER- ().

• BLUEMASK

Riverclan - Warrior - Male - 13 moons

The greenleaf sun seemed to have been bringing with it an onslaught of new faces. Sometimes, it was welcome. Depending on the cat, it could mean good things for Riverclan. Their numbers grew, they obtained strong warriors. Some came to them with a promising background, one that already offered knowledge in hunting in fighting. Others came seeking solace. Often times, the encounters ended pleasantly enough. But that didn't stop the tom's stomach from giving an unpleasant lurch whenever he smelled the unfamiliar scent of a stranger on their territory. He had never yet been reduced to fighting or unsheathed claws--maybe there had been times he had come close. So far though, it'd be unnecessary.

The lean blue point tom wasn't far behind Swanfeather, coming upon his gathered clanmates just in time to hear his words. And there stood Henpelt, claws at the ready and prepared for a fight. Cold eyes scanned the scene, regarding the stranger among them for a moment. She didn't look aggressive...At least, not physically. It likely wasn't worth any spilled blood, regardless of what the molly may have said to set Henpelt off. Bluemask snorted, gaze flickering to Swanfeather. He seemed rather easygoing...Maybe too much so, but at least he was level headed. The young warrior could certainly respect that. "Lets not do anything brash." He meowed cooly, voice both a warning aimed at Henpelt and the newcomer. Please, let this whole exchange be brief. It made his stomach churn to think of how foolish Riverclan may be coming across in this moment--snapping at clanmates to keep one another in line. Starclan, he was so tired.

UNLIKE MOST YOU DON'T MISS A THING —

Bluemask + Riverclan + Tags + penned by avery.

• "Mouse brains...and yet it is man who runs the world and has evolved far beyond a simple animal," spoke Quiautl. She glanced over at the feline named Silentsong and watched as she put several leaves and pebbles on the ground before turning back to the tom who spoke of being a former pet. "Is that so and you didn't like the safety and medical care then," mused Quiautl to herself. Quiatul flicked her tail in annoyance as she observed the two felines again though caught the sheen of sunlight on silver claws as they were unsheathed. "Oh...going to attack or kill me now are we? My, my and you expect me to join that way or anyone?" Quitul pinned her ears back against her head as she observed the sharp clawsclaws on the tom who stopped at her last comment...or maybe it was the fact that another feline showed up. A sigh escaped from Quiautl's larnax as she turned to meet this new feline.

"Henpelt? Really, you were named after a female chicken?" she questioned, her lips pulling up into a smile as she chuckled in amusement at this new bit of information. Taking in this new cat's scent, she discovered it was also a Tom. Hmmm....very interesting. "Good day," Quiuatl greeted in response to , another feline appearing and earning a twitch this time of the female's eyes in annoyance. So many visitors today to greet one lone cat. Perhaps she would sit back and watch the toms fight for amusement. It would certainly break the monotone of day to day life. "Your pet is busy acting important for his...claws and your female is clumsy as she fell into the river from the bridge above. One might wish to station permanent guards up there to prevent such a thing such as kittens from drowning." An insult to the tom with the claws out and a suggestion for the safety of the future rolled into one.

Perhaps she would do the suggestion for these cats since they seemed somewhat thick skulled or just unobservant. "Like I thought, this is a complete inconvenience and waste of time. I don't know what I was expecting on my stroll today but it wasn't this." In truth, though Quiautl appreciated the medical care and shelter by her human, she wanted to see the world and experience living in it, not be trapped in her human's home all her life...perhaps when she was old she might return or she might find somewhere quiet and secluded to die.

• Silentsong dipped her head in what would have been a growl. Her ears fell flat on her head. 'It's not my fault the bridge is slippery!'

Spirit Animal?

Wolf

• Quiautl was silent after her words though noticed that the molly that had fallen off the bridge remained silent, causing the feline’s eyes to narrow. A mute cat had no business being in the wild and should be in a human home where it could be taken care of...unless it had the misfortune of being used as a bait animal or be abused by a cruel human. Nobody seemed interested in stopping the female from leaving or even acknowledged her anymore. Perhaps she had stunned them into silence, so she began moving from the group of cats and heading towards the slope again, though she didn’t know if she would continue moving on or just go home.

• Now Nightfall had been playing in the river when a splash and a bumch of arguing words caught her attention.

She'd been stying in the brush, unseen, and would have remained that way if the cat hadn't been about to leave.

"Hey! Stop. Please?" The pitch black tabby ran over to Qiautl. "Please don't go. Silentsong is mute, she can't speak. But she is a very good queen and takes very good care of her three kits back at home. We stop kits from drowning by not letting them out of camp until they are apprentice aged and therefore able to swim. Henpelt is a bit on edge, and sometiimes jumps to brash responses, but her is an excellent senior warrior." Now the molly stopped to catach her breath. "And I just know that if you stayed, gave us a chance, you'd love RiverClan, especially if you stuck with me. What do you say, will you join, please?"

• Quiautl had moved through the other cats and had started towards the slope leading up to the bridge and road when yet another cat appeared out of the brush, this one approaching her and shouting for her to stop before bursting into a flurry of words. Quiautl turned her green gaze upon the newest feline that appeared, this one also female. Probably all knocked up by the same tomcat, she thought to herself. She knew tomcats wanderded and bred with as many mollies as possible...even mollies bred with multiple toms to make kittens. Her eyes flashed with anger at the feline who spoke a flurry of words of not going away and how they didn’t let kittens go anywhere until they were old enough. She snorted at the human terms the feline was using such as camp and warrior. Pathetic.

Quiatul hissed as she heard the mute cat was irresponsible and flicked her tail in annoyance. “Well, at least one of you is civilized,” she growled out. “Your group of high and mighty stray life doesn’t particularly interest me feline. Human life has grown boring as well though.” Both the feline’s statements were true.

• // Nightfall is too young to mate!!!!

Nightfall's face fell at the she cat's hiss.

• (Depending on how old she is, according to a vet site in Australia from a quick google search, and breed, females can mate as early as 4 months to 10 months. But she thinks all these clan cats live on primal instincts. Not sure how old your character is.)

Still...it isn’t like I have a lot to go back to. And you did want to see the world like an idiotic foolish kitten, she thought to herself, ignoring the feline’s bowed head. She was going to regret this...she just knew it. But it might not kill her to join for a little while. It was not like she would be interested enough to stay permanently. She might even grow bored of it and leave in a year or even a few days. “Alright. I will join for a short while. Don’t expect me to stay. I grow bored easily with the tedious monotone life.”

• (Well, she's 7 or 8 moons now. And Trad goes along with the idea that apprentices can't mate as far as I'm aware.)

Nightfall's head perked up. "You'll stay? I promise you won't regret it, there's always something new happening around here!"