ᴡᴀᴋᴇ ᴜᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ꜱᴍᴇʟʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏʀʀᴜᴘᴛɪᴏɴ

• miss kani

Here's my character! We can start when the two are first assigned to each other after you put your character up?

• Alrighty here we go, this was a bit rushed but whatever. And yep we can start there :)

AND HE'S GOT HIS GUN, HE'S GOT HIS SUIT ON

SHE SAYS, BABE, YOU LOOK SO COOL

cam | libra | entj | tumblr | pinterest

• //okay ^^

The young man sat in the meeting room, staying silent among the conversing agents. This was assignment day, and Flynn was not looking forward to it. He just stood off to the side, occasionally catching a different agent passing a worried and uncomfortable glance over to him. Flynn would just ignore for the time being. He wasn't sure why he was chosen for assignment day. Mostly everyone thought that if they partner someone with him, no one would see that person ever again.

The tattooed and pierced agent got into line with the others once the advisor came in, folding his arms at his chest as he watched the new agents pile in with bright eyes. Flynn watched the younger ones get assigned to different agents and stepped forward quietly once his number was listed off and listened to the name given. Klassen, Avery. He boredly looked to the newbie that was coming over and sighed very quietly. "Let's go to my office before we discuss anything," he suggested lowkey before starting to leave the room without second thought.

• Avery was elated, practically radiating with happiness. After years of hard work and extensive training he had finally graduated and was to be assigned a much more experienced partner. He didn't view it as a setback, no, he saw it as an opportunity to schmooze with the older agents and really show them what he's got.

He and the other new recruits were herded into a dull, grey room where they were instructed to wait until they were officially assigned a partner. Avery couldn't quite stay still as he waited, his hazel eyes carefully taking in the boring features of the room and each person in it. Eventually, after more than half of his fellow recruits had filed out, Avery was called, him being paired with a man named Flynn Worth. He wasted no time in making his way over to the rather intimidating looking man. Flynn, however, barely spared him a glance as he walked out of the room to head to his office. Avery frowned, but didn't let it faze him as he followed the man, quickly falling into step with him.

• Flynn focused his gaze on whatever was in front of him, soon pausing by an elevator and pushing the button. He waited for the elevator before stepping in with Avery. He hit the button for the tenth floor and watched the door slide shut. He wasn't exactly sure what to say to the younger agent. "Hi my name is Flynn Worth and I have killed at least fourteen people and half of them were with my bare hands. People are scared to partner others with me because they think I will snap their neck if they breath wrong. How's your day?" Yeah, like that would be great.

The agent soon left the elevator after it opened and started towards his office, opening the door and stepping into it. It was a rather clean and simple space, except the desk. There were folders and folders of papers. Flynn narrowed his eyes as he noticed one of the many gauge marks from a knife was showing. He moved a folder over it and sighed quietly, "I can go grab the folder with our mission information if you'd like."

• Avery was in a similar predicament; he had no idea what to say to the other man. Avery was usually a very talkative and outgoing person and had no trouble starting up conversations, but with this man, he couldn't think of a single thing to say. He wasn't even sure if talking was welcome with Flynn what with dead set he was at seemingly pointedly ignoring Avery. The brunet sighed and waited patiently for the elevator doors to open, his eyes watching the digital numbers change as each floor went by.

Eventually, they stopped at floor ten and Flynn wasted no time in exiting the elevator, Avery scrambling to follow him. He followed the other agent into his office which was nearly entirely pristine if it wasn't for the desk that was cluttered beyond belief. Even though had been keeping silent so far, he was a naturally nosy person and he instantly wanted to rummage through the whole desk. But not wanting to seem rude, he kept to the walls, observing the room from there. "Sure," Avery responded, shooting Flynn a small smile as he continued to observe the room.

• Flynn nodded and rubbed a hand over his face. "Feel free to sit or do whatever, I'll be back," he spoke before leaving the office. He walked down the hall to his superior's office aka the agent he was paired with when he first started. The agent was mainly a tech guy and mission assigner ever since the accident and was forced to retire from field work.

He knocked lightly on the door before stepping in to see the older man, typing away at his computer. Both legs were replaced with prosthetics, had salt and pepper hair, a few scars dotted along his face and glasses. "Hey, Flynn, you need a mission. I got a good one I've been saving just for you, son," the man spoke up. Flynn smiled shyly.

"What do you have for me, Mr. Arch," he asked. He watched the man type a few more things up before turning to grab the agent a thick folder.

"A criminal organization that deals with drug trafficking and illegal weapons, we need to get rid of them," the man spoke as Flynn took the folder, nodding. After some brief discussion, they parted ways and Flynn went back to his office.

• Avery had to restrain himself from flipping open every single folder as soon Flynn left the room. However, he really didn't want to make a bad first impression by being nosy so he elected to instead glance at the books that were very neatly organized on the bookcase in the corner. As ran his hand along the spines of the books as he browsed, tilting his head every so often to read the titles. Most of the books were ones he had never even heard of and some looked terribly ancient. One book caught his eye, but the golden calligraphy on the spine was faded, so he pulled the book out and flipped it open, cradling it in his open palm. He glanced at the door briefly, checking to see if Flynn was back yet, before his gaze returned to the book as he surfed through the pages.

• The book seemed quite normal in itself up until page 50. The book was cut out just enough to put a few things in. The items in there were a small picture of Flynn and a younger, blond man who wore glasses and a purple sweater. He had the same lip piercings as Flynn but that was the only resemblance between them. Then there was a little Tic Tac container but it was filled with pills instead of mints and finally there was a little green and pink friendship bracelet made out of beads.

Flynn came in quietly and looked over to see Avery.. looking through the book. He swallowed a little and cleared his throat. "What are you looking at, Avery," he asked with a raised brow as he stalked over to the other man after setting the folder at his desk. His first reaction was to yell at him and teach him not to go through his things but... Flynn took a deep breath and kept his anger in check.

• Avery, who had been staring at the items stored in the book in confusion, glanced up sharply at the sound of Flynn's voice. He hadn't even heard the other man come back in. Avery flushed with slight embarrassment and slowly closed the book, careful not to jostle any of the items. "Um, just a book," he stated as he turned on his heel to gently slide the book back into place. He then turned to Flynn watching him carefully, noting how his jaw was slightly clenched. Avery, however, had nothing to apologize for as Flynn had never specifically told him not to look at the books. If he was upset about him seeing the items it didn't matter, they meant nothing to Avery. Deciding to change the subject before Flynn murdered him on his first day, he gestured to the folder and said, "so, what's the mission?"

• "I figured it would be common courtesy to not search through people's belongings, especially if they were your superior," he pointed out as he watched him put the book away. Those items were quite important to him. Flynn looked at Avery as he changed the subject and huffed.

"Taking down a drug trafficking and illegal weapon syndicate," Flynn replied as he went back to his desk. He flipped the folder open and searched through the papers in silence. He soon found the key to the hotel they'd be staying at. Something in New York City. That was one of the perks of espionage work, you got to travel almost anywhere. He still remembered his first mission with Mr. Arch. They went off to Tokyo together. It was definitely an experience to say the least.

• Avery pursed his lips as Flynn scolded him, trying to hold his tongue. He didn't want to make his partner upset, but he also didn't appreciate being treated like a child. He would have to find some way to prove to Flynn that he wasn't some young, dumb kid. "Sorry, I guess I just thought it was a book," he mumbled, walking away from the book case and towards the desk so he could look at the file.

"Huh, drug trafficking and illegal weapons. Sounds like a party," he grinned as he peered over Flynn's shoulder at the papers in the folder. He noticed that the hotel was somewhere in downtown Manhattan and he felt a surge of excitement. He didn't travel much as he kid and he certainly had never been to New York.

• "You can't just assume things in this field, kid, it's not the best choice," he added. Flynn read over the reports and found a few pictures of suspects in it all. A young man with black hair and green eyes. A tall blond man with brown eyes. A brunette woman with a few piercings. Then a picture of a smiling man with piercings, freckles, and black hair. A picture ge actually recognized. He sighed a little and sat the folder aside.

"We'll have to get some fake IDs together before we leave tomorrow," he explained as he rubbed the back of his neck. Flynn narrowed his eyes in thought. "We need to swing by Nora's office to get them before she heads out for the day, grab you some weapons, too," he mumbled.

• Avery frowned as he glanced at Flynn, his eyes slightly narrowed. Ok, so he got the hardest agent of the bunch, but he wasn't going to let that stop him from doing the best he could. He going to be the best and in the process, prove himself. He watched Flynn flip through the suspects, trying to commit them to memory as best as he could.

"Ooh, weapons and fake IDs, hell yeah," he said, returning to his usual casual self. "Who's Nora, anyway?" He asked as he picked at loose thread on his black long sleeve. He hadn't really gotten the Welcome Tour and Get-To-Know-Each-Other spy bundle of fun.

• "Nora is a close friend of mine, she is weapons advisor and she's training to create fake IDs. Just follow me," he explain with a wave of his tattooed hand before leaving the office. He walked down the hall, adjusting his tie and stopping at a door not too far down from his own office.

Flynn opened the door and stepped in, leaving it open for Avery. In the office, there was a lovely young woman in a black pencil skirt and red blouse with red hair thrown up into a messy bun. She was quietly organizing something into a heavy duty case. She looked up once she saw Flynn out of her peripheral and smiled to him. "Hello, Mr. Worth," she purred. "Something I can help you with," Nora asked as she noted the new agent with him.

"We're gonna need some fake IDs and weapons for this guy," Flynn explain and the woman nodded. She went off to a closet and opened it, pulling a heavy case out and taking it to the table. She looked to Avery and smiled.

"You can take whatever you'd like from this case, dear, while I get Mr. Worth's ID ready then I'll work on yours," she spoke softly.

• Avery huffed quietly to himself as he followed Flynn out into the hallway and towards the office of this Nora woman. He entered the room after the other agent and took in his surroundings before his eyes landed on a rather attractive woman with red hair. He smiled at her but he didn't miss the way she said Flynn's name. Perhaps they were more than friends?

Nevertheless, he sent her his most charming smile as he approached the black case she had placed on the table. "Thanks," he said genuinely, glad someone in this building was nice. He looked in the case, taking note of the different weapons. His hand grazed the weapons, most he recognized from his training courses. His eyes fell onto a sleek handgun, the glock 26, and he smiled picking it up. Back when he was learning how to shoot a gun, he had the most luck with this particular one. He immediately grabbed it, turning it over in his hand before setting it down beside the case. Next, he picked up a knife, one that was in it's sheath and was about 4 inches long. He slid the knife out to look at it before placing it next to the gun.

• Nora nodded and went over to grab a camera while Flynn took his piercings out. He would be having the out on the job anyway. If one got caught in a fight, he could say goodbye to a good chunk of his brow or lip. He slipped them into his pocket and went over to the white wall where the pictures were often taken. Nora walked over and smiled before preparing the camera. "Give me that pretty Agent 04 smile, I know you're hiding it, Mr. Worth," she teased. The best the agent could manage was a tiny smile. Once the picture was taken, whatever smile he had was gone.

Notable went to go make up the ID while Flynn started putting his piercings back into his face. He stated relatively silent the entire time. "Mr. Klassen? Are you ready for your picture," Nora chirped and peered over to the young agent with a kind smile.

• Avery glanced up from the case of goodies and watched Nora take Flynn's photo. He watched Flynn take his piercings and pocket them, grinning to himself. He found it honestly amusing how in pain Flynn looked just by smiling a little bit. They really were complete opposites and it was beginning to make Avery wonder how they would ever accomplish this mission.

"Definitely," Avery said, making his way over to the wall and standing against it. He pressed himself against it and smiled wide at the camera, tilting his head perfectly. He definitely wasn't camera shy.

• Nora hummed and fixed the camera before taking the picture. She checked it and grinned. "Very handsome, thank you, Mr. Klassen," she spoke before going to make the IDs. Flynn watched in silence before looking away with a sigh. Nora peeked over her monitor to Flynn. "How's Dexter doing? Still in college for forensics," she asked, causing the tattooed and pierced man to look over. This time, a much more real smile passed his lips briefly.

"He's doing good, he really enjoys the campus. I just need to get him out and interacting with more people, though, I'd hate for him to hide out in his dorm all the time," he spoke quietly, seemingly more relaxed and softer when this subject came up.

"Aww, why don't you try and get him into a club he likes? That's a good way to make some friends," she suggested as she hit print on the computer before waiting for the IDs.

"He seems interested in the Nerf club they got there so maybe I can convince him," he murmured with a shrug.

• Avery grinned at Nora's compliment, dragging a hand through his perfectly styled hair. He glanced at Flynn briefly who still seemed to be about as exciting as a brick wall before his attention meandered to Nora, watching her process the photos. However, upon hearing her question he immediately looked back over at Flynn with curiosity. He listened quietly to the conversation as he absentmindedly patted his hair back into place. He watched Flynn carefully, surprised when he saw his features light up as he talked about this Dexter guy. He honestly didn't think this man was capable of even having emotions and yet here he was smiling. He heard that Dexter was in college studying forensics and couldn't help but wonder if that was the boy he had seen in the photo that was in the book.