The Trail We Blaze (Two lost WindClanners, open)

• "Come on, Chillybreeze, surely we're somewhere by now..." Blossompool whined, backing up against her striped friend. If they were in WindClan territory, she wouldn't be so afraid. But they weren't anywhere near anything that even remotely looked like WindClan. Heck, who knows what WindClan looked like by now thanks to the swirling cloud that stomped through it? In her impatience, she tried to help, taking deep whiffs of the salty air. There were no cat scents carried on the breeze, and that made her bristle more than the prospect of them walking into a rogue gathering. At least they'd have some company...

"P-please be patient..." Chillybreeze tried every sense he had, his ears and nose high. He also hopped up on anything taller than him to have a look around. "That terrible cloud...it got me all turned around!" He lamented, scratching at the ground in frustration. At this point, he'd even prefer being recaptured by his Twolegs, just to know he and Blossompool were somewhere. Somewhere other than these starved and desolate meadows. At least nobody else was lost along with them, WindClan didn't deserve any more pain. "Surely there's at least food around here. Let's try...over here!" Worst case scenario, it was just a rabbit burrow. Best case scenario, it was one of WindClan's tunnels.

• Stumbling slightly the deputy gasped a bit as he nearly toppled over himself. Okay, there was a hole there. Remember that. Lifting his head back to stare emptily around the fourtrees he called, "Blossompool! Chillybreeze!" There were no other clan cats around that they could ask. All he could think to do was call their names and hope they were here because he was slowly but surely running out of hope that they may find them. And that thought scared him.

// Daisyfang.   morningfrost-   FLUXPAW   MINKPAW.

sorry this took so long ;d

FROM OUR TIMES, WHEN YOU'RE NEAR ME

HONEY, WHEN YOU KILL THE LIGHTS AND KISS MY EYES

I FEEL LIKE A PERSON FOR A MOMENT OF MY LIFE

rulindil - windclan - deputy - 31 moons - penned by zeis

• This time, it was Blossompool's ears that picked up something. Someone out there knew their names. Her heart trembled with hope, and she turned around, her tail high. She didn't see anyone, but maybe they saw her. "Hey!" She yowled with all her might. Nothing called back except for the rustling of leaves, making her tail flop on the ground. Great, now she was starting to hear things.

Chillybreeze carefully removed himself from the tunnel, annoyed. "Blossompool, what are you yelling about? Nobody's out there." Just in case he was wrong, he looked behind his shoulder.

• There was nothing that the feline could do. The cream tom cat moved within the edges of windclan, traveling through. Of course, Ces did not know if he was anywhere near the fourtrees. It was rather confusing on what he wanted to do. Honestly, being a warrior.. or daylight nonesense. The whole thing confused him. SkyClan was a thing, but yet he wanted to meet more. Ces did not meet any rude characters before hand, other than his snobby sister. Ces' ears perked once the seal point heard a voice.

Rather confused, he moved towards the voices. The noises of rustling of leaves were heard, and scents of felines were noticeable. Of course, he never took off his collar--not that he cared. He couldn't take it off. The bell was chewed a few times before a faint jiggle was only heard. One of those elders told him to remove the bell or, he will go hungry. Not to worry, he can always go home.

To the town, and it was always in the distance. Easy to spot of the light population.

noisy crescendos behind closed windows

the floor is a ceiling, i can't find the feeling

-- thread hub --

• Blossompool's frantic ears quickly picked up a new sound. It sounded like...kittypet tags. "Your nose is better than mine...do you smell anything you recognize?"

"Heh?" Chillybreeze's nose twitched. It was definitely kittypet tags they heard, just like the ones he used to wear as Nutmeg. Could it be that his Twoleg had found a replacement, and that cat was coming to gloat? "I smell it over this way. It doesn't smell like any kittypets I knew...fortunately."

"But...those voices..." Blossompool padded away from her striped companion, nosing to where she'd heard them. "I don't like saying this, but we should split up. You can follow the scent, and I'll follow the sounds."

"Good plan." Chillybreeze smiled. "You sure you can follow your ears?" The tortoiseshell nodded, filling them both with confidence. The two cats then padded their separate ways.

• Ces couldn't possibly have heard the two talking, but they did seem rather close. He did not any motives, which meant that he was basically wondering around. No one really stopped him since SkyClan. He knew that his kind would understand if he disappeared for a few days because he always came back. To Hailey. Maybe the unease of the humans haunts his prewarrior self.

"Hello?" He chirped, unsure if both or one has heard him.

-- thread hub --

• Chillybreeze let his belly rub against the grass, his eyes hard and focused, just on the off chance that it was the collar of a rogue Blossompool heard. He wasn't going to let himself die to a rogue. He'd fight the cat off. For Blossompool, if not for WindClan. But the prospect still frightened him, since he never actually fought another cat before, with the exception of his mentor. For all the things that surprised him, it was never a rogue. And he was so light, so thin, that he could be reduced to a pile of crowfood by sunhigh. But he prepared himself to die fighting, up until he locked eyes with another feline, one who seemed to expect his presence as much as Chillybreeze expected to find him.

"Hi...?" He responded to the other cat, his raised hackles struggling to go down. Did rogues say "hi"? He dared not make any comments about the cat's collar; it didn't seem right, picking on a kittypet when he was one himself.

• He didnt mean to scare or wanting to harm the warrior in no means. Heck, did he know that he could fight? He had scraps with his sister but, that was ages ago. Ces did no know what a rogue is, so could he be one? The seal point didnt do much.

"Didnt expect to meet anyone else out here.. Clan? Which one are you from?" He asked, unsure what to ask.

-- thread hub --