Let me live || Ambrosia

• WHAT MOTIVATES ME - HATRED OR IS IT LOVE? —

An Exile but still a hoarder, the lion trotted into the trade center, Basil around his neck and a belt of pouches full of gold and other trades jingling on his hip. He paused, inhaling deeply with pale, ghostly blue eyes twinkling in his excitement. He had gotten a message that a rare book was here somewhere amongst the merchants and hopefully for sale for less than most of his books. A few merchants were busy with customers, their faces hidden by shadows of designed clothing, masks, and other assortments-tailors if you will-with lines of people to their stalls, looking at the rare silks, expensive fabrics, and overpriced handkerchiefs. The lion snorted and straightened his shoulders, pushing through one of the crowds with black ears perked for the sound of rustling pages, the soft voice of a typical bookseller, anything he had learned amongst his travels. But there was nothing but the speaking of others, whirring of air elemental street performers, and the shouts of sleazebags selling overpriced items. He sighed, ignoring a persistant reptilian creature as it tried to sell him... eyeglasses? The lion snorted, making his way to a shaded portion and sitting, downtrodden and... frankly disappointed. It had been a day's travel to reach here from the canyon and his fucking paws hurt so bad. He laid back against the stone, hitting the side of his head a couple of times in his stupidity.

AMBROSIA A. !

— WHAT'S MORE WRONG - THAT I TOO WISH TO BE GREAT OR MY MOTHER WISHED SHE'D HAD A SON?

MY NAME IS BRUTUS AND MY NAME MEANS HEAVY —

aldritch terentius varro + american lion + tags + pinterest

• —— AMBROSIA AETERNUM ——

Ill believe it all, there's nothing I won't understand

The reason why Ambi was here was...well, she didn't really know actually. As of late she'd been sorta robotic - doing the barest necessities before napping all day or holing herself away in her home. Soon though she'd begun to be pestered by concerned clan-mates, and not being one to enjoy explaining her emotions, she was quick to throw off an excuse before taking off. Now she was here in the trade center, dragging her way through the crowded market and occasionally distracting herself with glances here and there at the carts. But none caught her interest for long and she was off walking again.

Before she realized it, though, her paws had begun to ache and protest her long trek. rolling her ankles, she'd sigh and look around for a place to rest and treat her aching pads. Coming over to a shaded region, she was just about to settle down when a large lion appeared. She backed away, giving him enough room to slump down. Her plan was to shrug and leave, grateful in her dark coat for keeping her disguised in the shadows and out of reach of conversation, when she heard the loud thump of a head hitting painfully against rock.

Forgetting her plan to avoid social interaction, the feline would blink in concern at the large lion asking, "Ouch buddy, you ok?"

"Speech"

thank you Keda for the amazing profile picture!

And thank you everyone for the amazing memories <33

Leaving

• WHAT MOTIVATES ME - HATRED OR IS IT LOVE? —

He perked his black ears, stopping as he heard a voice. A pretty, sweet... naive voice. The lion opened his ghostly eyes, the round pupils dilating then retracting as they finally landed on a black feline. His voice was a slightly annoyed growl, gutteral and gravelly with a deep pride set into them, closing his eyes again, Fine just- I've had my time wasted and this really was not the day for it. He sighed, going quiet again before opening his eyes again, looking at the small cat before him and he laid down, massive black paws-almost as big as the cat's head-pushed forward until they were inches away from her own, looking at her. But, better asked question, who am I in the honor of being in the presence of? He asked, a smirk twitching upon the saber's jaws as he looked her up and down. She was pretty, smooth, beautiful black fur, dazzling eyes, and a voice that only made him want to hear more.

— WHAT'S MORE WRONG - THAT I TOO WISH TO BE GREAT OR MY MOTHER WISHED SHE'D HAD A SON?

MY NAME IS BRUTUS AND MY NAME MEANS HEAVY —

aldritch terentius varro + american lion + tags + pinterest

• —— AMBROSIA AETERNUM ——

Ill believe it all, there's nothing I won't understand

The pale grey of his eyes leaves her breathless for a moment. Like a a cat's eye gem bleached utterly of color, yet radiating a purity not seen in it's umber and gold compatriots. Oddly enough, she suddenly feels insecure about her own chocolate and lemon eyes, but she quickly blinks away her momentary lapse. She rolled them a moment later at his response, her gaze now glittering with slight amusement, but also not a little bit of relief "Yeah alright," she was about to say her good-byes but...well, let's call it Spiritcaller intuition but her gaze would fall down his form, examining him for any signs of wounds. Of course, she was left not a little bit flustered when she caught herself admiring his snowy white fur and the impressive muscle beneath his ebony clad arms and...She blinked when, as her attention fell on his paws, he suddenly moved forward, pushing them right beneath her nose. Thankfully her ebony fur hid away the fact that red immediately bloomed across her cheeks. It didn't help that when he spoke, his voice was so much more kinder, and the intrigue in those spectral eyes of his left her oddly shaken. But not...in a terrible way...

She swollowed and smiled, bowing her head politely, "Ambrosia Aeternum, midnightbringer and spiritcaller of the Shadow Veil, good to meet you- oh!" while her gaze was down, she finally noted his paws - or rather, what was beneath them. Coming closer, she took his hand in hers, before flipping his paw over to investigate his pad. "You've been walking quite a while, you're completely scuffed up" she would observe , looking back up at him, "I've got a good remedy for that, " flipping open her satchel, she pulled out a nice little container filled with a herbal concoction perfect for sore pads. She had packed it expecting the walk and knowing she'd probably end up not a little bit on the hurt side, but it would seem she's not the only one. "What do you call yourself?" she'd ask as she twisted off the cap, completely uncaring of whether he wanted the remedy or not.

"Speech"

thank you Keda for the amazing profile picture!

And thank you everyone for the amazing memories <33

Leaving