FOUND YOU ON THE RIGHT SIDE — joiner

Let's Share! has (finally) launched! Our first article is a World of Tanks Guide by Enderclaw!
Check out this announcement about a new Power Reset item being added to the Inventory Store!
  • Responsibilities were something that Arizonacircle had never been good with. Keeping up with relations and expectations simply to fit in with those around him was, in his own eyes, a tiresome and needless endeavour. If no one could care for him in his naturally crass and snarky state then why should he be expected to shift himself around to make anyone else feel better about themselves? Regardless of what he thought of the whole thing, however, it did not stop him from eventually getting too settled. Becoming far too comfortable and forgetting himself, forgetting the walls that he had put up and the tough face that he wore to keep others out so that he would not feel any obligation or loyalty to anyone. It was only then that those oh so hated responsibilities, promises and whatnot that he swore to hold true to his heart even though he knew he would never truly be able to keep them, began to worm their way into the woodwork of his life. Once those warning signs of complacency and trust began to form, those small roots growing underneath him to bind him to the region that he resided within, he knew better than to stick around.

Nothing was truly left for him in the Sanctuary anyways, at least not as far as he was concerned nor as far as he could remember. Chica was no longer around (or at least that was what he had believed since he had been too stubborn and impatient to wait around for her return) and Val no longer had the time for him what with his own busy schedule. Outside of those two, who had he really had to care for there? No one. So those roots were severed in a motion that he would say was a painless one though surely his heart would scream otherwise, and he moved on. Perhaps one day he would return there to his home sweet home, once he was in a better place with his mind and himself. But for now, it seemed that the best course of action was a different location with different face. Ones that he hoped he had never seen before and in turn hoped that they had not had any prior encounters with him.

Travelling had always been something that he enjoyed doing, constantly on the move from place to place as a child when his father had still been alive and kicking. So, it was no wonder that Arizonacircle had opted to embark off on a bit of a detour before deciding to actually settle down somewhere. Journeying over unclaimed and uncharted lands had moulded him both physically and mentally, almost as if it had been a healing process for him. Now the scent of his origins were extremely difficult to place, all but washed entirely from his red merle coat after months of wear and tear, traipsing through field and forest for a month or so doing as he had hoped to peel away layer after layer of unwanted memories and emotional baggage. Feeling refreshed, almost as good as an entirely new individual, Ariz could confidently state that he was happy with himself or at least moreso than previously.

Change of scenery seemed to instantly do him a world of good, newfound smile spreading wide across his features into the beginnings of his signature mixture of a grin morphed slightly into a smirk as he neared the distinct borders to foreign land with a variety of brightly coloured snapdragons bursting and blooming delightfully in his wake where his paws touched the earth. The array of colours seemed to have no significant correlation to his mood though a keen eye could at least take note of the fact that the floral path behind him consisted of extremely bright yellow with mixed pale peach and purple. Typical telltale signs of his emotions presented so clearly in the vibrant colour palette of his snapdragon flowers snapping at his heels though he highly doubted that anyone would be able to decipher their code. Not yet, at the very least.

"Yo! Hi, hello!" Bold voice, dripping in honeyed pride and the sparkling gold of seemingly genuine confidence, rings out loud and clear into the early summer air. First impressions were everything, he could acknowledge and respect that even if he personally had never been too good at giving great initial images of himself to others. He was like the living embodiment of marmite to these agrelosian dwelling groups. Either, individuals would absolutely love and adore him or hate his very presence. Yet did he have to identify some kind of a middle ground between those that he had interacted with thus far in his life. So, in a way, it was easy for him to disregard the need for a good impression. He was not here to make people like him, he was here to be himself and try to help out a bit too if the occasion for his aid happened to arise.

Sucking in a slow deep breath, one that is calming to him in an odd way as the expansion of his chest acts to clear his mind, the australian shepherd pressed on, hoping that someone nearby would hear his words and lend a hand. "The name's Arizonacircle. This is Wind Haven, right? I've never been here before so I wouldn't know if I were in the right place. Fuckin' shame if I'm in the wrong place and if that's the case then just point me the right way and I'll be on my way."

no! i can't take another night on my own

need another body here to keep warm

• He knew what it was like when his head said yes and his heart said no. Viktor had faced that reality when he finally left his mother and his siblings to start a new life of his own. It was bittersweet, in a way that it should have been. He loved his family with every fiber of his soul, but knew that it was for the best. Over the span of a few days had he simply chatted about the idea of leaving, and must to his family's dismay, they all understood. On an early Sunday morning as he left with nothing more than food and water rations and a head full of happy memories.

It had taken almost a month for Viktor to find Wind Haven, and there was a time in the start he had second thoughts. He missed his mother, but soon found himself taking on the role of a healer. Now, he found himself well off, happy with his new life. Even if he was content now, he knew things would change one day. Nothing ever stood still, but that was the beauty of life, and it were the changes he would challenge with a smile. It kept him on his toes, always guessing what new things the new day would throw at him. Even today does he still think about his family, hoping them all well in their own new lives.

The journey he had shouldered while coming here had been an interesting one. He had faced danger, made new friends, and helped those he could along the way. During that month had he learned a lot about not only himself, but the world around him. It had been many valuable lessons that he carried with him to this day. Only after joining here had he begun to turn those lessons into action and began to evolve day after day, obtaining new knowledge and elaborating on what he knew already.

"Seems you've come to right place then," spoke the brown and white tabby as he appeared before Arizonacircle, hazel eyes gazing curiously at the other. There had been quite a few strangers here as of late, and he welcomed the needed activity to keep him up and about. "My name is Viktor. Is there anything I can help you with?" he asked with a gentle and kind tone, tail flickering to and fro.

• Declan sauntered over and sat beside Victor, offering an amiable smile to the foreigner. "I'm Declan, it's really nice to meet you." Her remark was reserved in comparison to Victor's, but still rang sweetly.

First impressions didn't suit her. She didn't like feigning confidence, or feeling like she'd inadvertently scared people away. It wasn't that she felt awkward or anything. It was just less of a nonchalant situation to her than most people - a confidence issue.

Despite how felt, Declan genuinely was glad to meet the Australian Shepherd. On any occasion, it was beautiful to see a new face. Especially to Wind Haven.

[ TAGS ]

- tell me love is endless, don't be so pretentious▪•

mobile 24/7

• Being in Wind Haven has given Ninja the chance to really start over. But starting over was hard when all you could think about was the past. He'd jump at the chance to go back to the days when it was just him and Swedishfish and Mark and Willow and Jasper and his friends. His family. But going back wasn't possible, and the unicorn is trying every day to move on. And he was. And even though it was so hard, he was getting there one step at a time. Wind Haven was good. It was stranger, but still... good.

The tall magical equine approached with a small smile tossed Arizona's way. "Ninjasexparty, at your service~" he hummed. "Can't do too much to help, but ah, if you want an impromptu tour I can give it. Can't promise we won't get lost though.""

"SPEECH"

LIVING IN THE LIMELIGHT

THE UNIVERSAL DREAM

"PRINCE MERRY-GO-ROUND" — WIND HAVEN MEMBER — TAGS

PENNED BY Sympathy

• Head saying yes. Heart saying no. A conundrum Arizonacircle was overly familiar with, the reverse being even more so known to him. Far too many times in his life had he allowed himself to be lead by his heart's wants instead of his head's needs, that being the primary reason as to why he was here now. Because logic fell on entirely death ears when spoke unto himself, listening to advice being rare for Ari as he found that regardless of what was said to him, scarcely would he pay attention. Bold, brash, and overly apathetic. He did what he wanted, when he wanted, with no care for how anyone else would feel about it. The most dangerous and frustrating kind of asshole.

Leaning back slightly, he was glad to see that someone had heard his cry for attention and given him what he wanted. Visibly and shamelessly, Ariz takes a moment to briefly regard the stranger in front of him through lazily curious eyes, gaze half-lidded and searching as they sweep over the tabby. Committing face and form to memory alongside the sound of the man's voice, he proceeded to mentally log that information away under the name that the feline provides. Viktor. It's nice. Got somewhat of a sharp crack to it that appeals to Arizonacircle as he states it within his mind and since it's not something a name that he has been greeted with before, it makes him more likely to be able to successfully recall it.

Eventually, idle ruby eyes find their way to the male's face and it is at this point that a faint smile-smirk has surfaced on the canine's maw. So this is the right place? That's probably the best news that he could hear and it manages to put him in a mood that is even better than how he had felt a few minutes ago. "Thank fuck for that. I love a good walk as much as the next guy but I think another trek would have been too much." Airy laughter breezes out, intertwined with the words that form on his lips and it causes his facial features to crinkle up slightly in amused expression. To tell the truth, he was not actually in the best of health. When he had set out he had not been well and now was certainly no exception, he knew that from the way that his head retained that familiar, frustrating dull ache and the way that old scars screamed phantom pains seared into his body. Health-wise, Arizonacircle was far from the ideal state of being fit and well though he'd never admit it aloud.

"Pleased to meet ya, Viktor. I was hopin' to join and I've heard good things about this place which is why I was looking for it." Explanation rolls light and quick from him as he pushes away any negative thoughts about his current state, instead focusing on the present moment for what it was and not for what was seemingly eternally burdening him. Amongst honest words, his lazy gaze seemed to brighten a tad, twinkling in a revitalised manner that makes him look a bit more like his young age instead of some grumpy old man. He's tired, it's undeniable, but he has been tired for a long time now. It's etched into his features, some never-ending exhaustion that plagued him. Maybe here, he will be able to fix things a bit. That's the dream, at least.

As he speaks, it seems that another havener has stumbled upon them to chip in her own two pence, the australian shepherd's attention briefly captured by the appearance of Declan. "Ah, yeah. Lovely meetin' you too, Declan." His expression melts into something much more sweet and innocent, a genuinely happy look offered in exchange to the amiable smile shot his way. He was always quick to adapt to the different personalities belonging to different individuals that he came across. Although he was far from a social butterfly, Arizonacircle was certainly no stranger to giving people what they wanted, even if he didn't necessarily mean it. In this instance, however, he was being sincere with his looks.

Quirking brows up briefly, the canine glances between the present duo before ultimately coming back to focus on Viktor whom had asked more of him. "This isn't my first tango with a peaceful group." Pausing briefly, trailing off almost as quickly as he had started talking, his mind drifts into dangerous territory as he contemplates his previous position of power as a kind of peacekeeper in his former home. Someone who had sworn to protect those who he lived with. And, what a wonderful job he had done of that. Pathetic. "So, I can definitely pull my weight around here." Without so much as missing a beat, he continues, winking at the pair lightly to punctuate his words to show that he meant business. Because, he sure as hell did mean business. Unlike the past, he did not intend on messing things up. Not again.

Not long after he finishes speaking, someone else shows their face and steals the spotlight from the prior pair, Ariz's sharp red gaze snapping onto the unicorn. Hanging onto every last syllable, Arizonacircle finds himself thoroughly entertained with the introductory words provided by mystic equine. This guy, he likes him already. Boisterous grin splits Ariz's features apart as delicate chuckle sounds, the male shaking his head lightly in amused gesture. "That's a fuckin' cool name you've got there dude. Doesn't scratch Arizonacircle but it's definitely up there." Even as he speaks, his mind seems to interject quietly. Uh oh, shut up Ari, your narcissism is showing. He can't help it, compliments are still difficult for him to dish out when he's not even used to receiving them himself, spending a lifetime giving them to his reflection in a 'fuck it, I'll do it myself' mindset. "Wouldn't mind a tour once I've got a bit of rest and something to drink. Bold of you to assume I'd mind getting lost." The shepherd laughs, looking from face to face once more with conclusive delight aglow in fiery gaze.

Living here, in Wind Haven... this was a good decision. He was sure of it. He was sure that he would not regret it.

no! i can't take another night on my own

need another body here to keep warm

• A chuckle came from the male at Arizona's first remark as Viktor could relate. After joining Wind Haven had he slept almost two entire days, making up for the energy he had lost on his journey. It was too soon to say he wanted to go back home for a visit, so he planned on sending a few messages in place of his absence. Overall, a message was better than nothing at all, leaving his family to guess what had happened to him. With each and every message sent was their a longer a and longer wait, signaling that even his own family was busy with their new lives. While Viktor did miss talking to them, he understood for he was quite busy nowadays himself.

"Excellent. A new face around here is always welcome," he meowed, ears angling forward. "You're welcome to join, of course. I am one of the healers here, so if you need something to relax or would like a checkup, feel free to come to me or any of my colleagues." A journey took a heavy toll on a body, and medical attention was usually best. Thankfully, the only issues the tabby faced himself were sore paws, dehydration, and a small case of the sneezes. It all cleared up after about a week and he as good as new.

• He was into Arizona right off the bat. He couldn't help but flash a smirk right back at the other male. He sounded like fun, and the unicorn was hooked. "Arizonacircle." He tested the name and nodded his head, neon blue curls bouncing as he did. "Gotta agree with you there, my man. Name's so cool I think you're giving me chills." The words rolled off his tongue faster than his brain could process. Not that he minded. And if Ar wanted a tour a la ninja, he'd be happy to give it. Getting lost always had advantages. Who knows, maybe they'd discover some obscure landmark on their way? "Welcome aboard."

"SPEECH"

LIVING IN THE LIMELIGHT

THE UNIVERSAL DREAM

"PRINCE MERRY-GO-ROUND" — WIND HAVEN MEMBER — TAGS

PENNED BY Sympathy