WE WATCH THE STARS || stargazing / fireflies

Let's Share! has (finally) launched! Our first article is a World of Tanks Guide by Enderclaw!
Check out this announcement about a new Power Reset item being added to the Inventory Store!
  • Fireflies. Such beautiful and captivating insects. The large gray molly though she did not express it all that much had always been interested in insects... bugs... those sorts of things. Mantises, ladybugs, june bugs, walking sticks... She had even named one of her litters partially after the things. Mantis, Spider and Firefly. Firefly... that kid had been so fitting to his time. He had always been so bright... so warm, so welcoming, so innocent... He could've done such great things in the worlds but the stars, the gods, the goddesses, whatever laid and controlled the earth they walked on took him from her. Actually, they seemed to like taking kits away from her recently. Whatever laid waiting for her in the stars one day... she couldn't help but hate a bit. How was it ever fair to take the life of a child? Of such pure cats? How was it fair? It wasn't.

She supposed that was why the fireflies floating within camp were so beautiful to her... yet so sad. A constant reminder of her son Fireflywatcher, and that he was no longer here.

But he was somewhere. And she'd see him again. That is what she told herself. That is how she coped with the cost of all her kits. Fireflywatcher, Wheatbell, Astral, Wish, and Dream.

She wondered if maybe Mom was looking at for them... Maybe even Orchardbreeze...? Someone had to be.

Night comes and greets the clans once more. Stars begin to grow visible and they light up the sky alongside the moon once more. Fireflies are out and about helping them out. It truly was a beautiful night... even if the insect did make her sad at times. She tried to turn this into a positive though. So ambling out from the nursery she finds a secluded spot within camp and sits down. Bright emerald eyes look to gaze up into the night sky and a small smile forms on her face. She wondered, did the stars represent cats who were now gone? Surely if they truly did there'd be more of them? But she couldn't help but the admit that the thought of her five children all having a star of there own comforted her. It made her happy.

Though as she begins to become memorized by the stars almost as if it was envious that her awe had been placed onto the things she can see every night in the sky, a small firefly lands on the tip of her nose. With a small blink the gray molly lets out a giggle gentle enough for it to not go flying away. "Hey little guy." She purrs to it, yeah she was talking to a firefly... so what? Maybe it could understand her? Who knew? "Is my noes really a comfortable place to sit...? Over a piece of grass?" She murmurs quietly to the insect, before it begins to glow. "Does glowing mean yes? Blink twice or something if yes, stay lit if no."

Unresponsive.

Okay well, she wasn't that insane and wasn't expecting one... but hey it would've been cool if it did respond back! It probably would've been a really big coincidence though.

But really she was just trying to be silly and entertain herself.

tallowkitties.png?width=943&height=610

FOOL ME ONCE I'M ON MY OWN

THERE IS NO SECOND TIME BABY

SKYCLAN DEPUTY [★] FEMALE [★] 61 MOONS [★] TAGS [★] PENNED BY myth

• Wolfwing had been, well, chasing the fireflies. No, not like a kit! Sure, the dark cat that seems to follow her everywhere seemed to think it was childish to chase bugs. But what did Rainwhisker know? She was dead, no fun there! It's like practicing to hunt, she reasons with herself.

Though she has the sense to skid to a halt as she sees the deputy up ahead. Always wanting to impress Lavenderskies, it seems.

But she doesn't hold it long before letting out a laugh, "Lavenderskies, you look kinda funny with that firefly on your nose! It's like you've got a little sun on you!"

Played by: Northern-Skywatcher

• The gray molly continues to stare at the insect, trying to stay still so she didn't cause it to fly away. Even though the thing was up close it was still difficult to make out parts of its body like its eyes or something. These things... had eyes right? Yeah no they definitely did. However her gaze shifts over to Wolfwing as she lets out a laugh, her head turn was enough to scare off the poor insect so within a few short seconds it fluttered off. Oops. She thought silently to herself, oh well, she had been expecting it to happen. Though once she gets over the fact her newly made friend was gone a small smile tugs at her lips and she lets out a soft chuckle.

"A sun?" She echoes, "Geez... if fireflies were that bright we would've all went blind a few weeks ago." She muses with a small laugh. "The light it shone on my face though probably lit up all my imperfections. Hmph." She mumbles quietly to herself, she didn't even know why she cared about sort of thing when she was edging towards sixty one moons but oh well. She just felt older then she actually was sometimes, it seemed there wasn't many cats within the clans around her age.

"Have you been enjoying the firefly infestation Wolfwing?" She muses once more.

• Fallenkit couldn’t really sleep tonight, she was tossing and turning, trying to go back to sleep but having no such luck, as if her body was just not cooperating or that she just wanted to get up. So she did, yawning as she got out of her nest and leaving the nursery she heard lavenderskies talking, firefly? She thought, confused and intrigued she headed towards the two. Catching wolfwings and lavenders scent she didn’t seem to notice the fireflies “miss lavender, mister wolf, what’s a firefly?” She squeaked softly, not wanting to wake anyone else up.

Fallenkit- short-haired dusty gray tabby she-cat, is blind by birth, black spot on right eye, three unknown scars on each eye, lives in Skyclan. Is 3 moons old.

Pearlkit- short-haired dapple silver she-cat with dark silver stripes, gray paws, lives in no clan. Is 2 months old.

• As Fallenkit approached the scene a small smile would tug at the gray molly's features, whats a firefly? She had answered a similar question as this to Leafkit a few days back though she'd happily explain it again honestly. She glances down at the kit, "A firefly? Well its just a small insect that flies around and they light up. Usually a bright yellow color, but sometimes blue." She had almost forgotten that the child couldn't see... it made her rather sad. She must have been really confused these past few days over all the commotion about them. "Sometimes if you sit really really still one might land on you!" She purrs to the child softly.

• "Yeah, they're really fun!" Is Wolfwing's absolute not-really-helping addition to the kit's question. Because, well, no one ever accused her of thinking all that much before she speaks. "They're definitely helping to the light the way, I guess, too."

And then she's giving a snort laugh towards Lavenderskies' rather self-deprecating comment.

"Oh please, Lavenderskies. You couldn't have imperfections if you tried," Her voice is light, though the younger cat of course is on a mission to make her favorite deputy feel better. Or worse, who knows! "You got a lightning bug to land on you and everything!"

Played by: Northern-Skywatcher

• “Woah they sound really cool” the kit squeaked in amazement, smiling as she sat down, her ears twitching for any sounds that the fireflies making, hearing the faint noise of buzzing she sat still unaware that one managed to get onto her nose.

Fallenkit- short-haired dusty gray tabby she-cat, is blind by birth, black spot on right eye, three unknown scars on each eye, lives in Skyclan. Is 3 moons old.

Pearlkit- short-haired dapple silver she-cat with dark silver stripes, gray paws, lives in no clan. Is 2 months old.