TAKE NO PRISONERS ( o + POKEMON MYSTERY DUNGEON AU )

Let's Share! has (finally) launched! Our first article is a World of Tanks Guide by Enderclaw!
Check out this announcement about a new Power Reset item being added to the Inventory Store!
  • UPON HEARING ITS EERIE HOWLS — 229.png

They awaken to sunlight streaming through an open window, carved into walls of dirt. Illuminating each of their rooms with brightness. They lie on beds of straw, and there's few other furniture in their rooms - a wooden log for sitting, a few clay pots which they keep their items in. Their surroundings are humble, but immediately they are filled with a sense of warmth and happiness as they slip out of their clouded dreams and return to their real world. They are members of Haven Guild, a wonderful and homey place where Pokemon from all walks of life can find safety, shelter, and most importantly return the favor. The members of the Guild take part in rescue and exploration missions, finding lost Pokemon in danger like they themselves once were, and returning them to safety. All is well in the Guild.

An alarm echoes through the rooms of the dirt building, summoning all of the explorers to the main hall where the Guildmaster waits. The leader of this establishment, who gives all the explorers their missions and provides them with this place to call home. A large Houndoom, sinister in appearance, covered in recent wounds - what appear to be clawmarks and bitemarks. Fresh with blood. But her expression is calm and seemingly unfazed by her injuries. A small smile graces her red snout as she watches her beloved members of the Guild enter the hall, woken from their slumber. She nods at them all, before her expression grows more serious.

"I imagine you're all wondering why I've woken you up so early," Aradia begins, her voice prim and polite as always, but her face always somewhat.. unsettling, most Guild members would agree. "I have received news of an extremely alarming situation. Multiple Pokemon have disappeared, and we assume that they have been abducted by a mysterious Pokemon or group. It is our job to rescue these captives immediately, wouldn't you agree?" she smiled, red eyes glinting in the sunlight. Glancing down momentarily at her blood that dripped onto the floor.

But the Houndoom just as quickly lifted her head again, returning her unwavering gaze to the explorers before her. "I would like you all to gather your supplies and prepare for a journey to where it is believed the prisoners were taken - the peaks of Kodiak Mountain. It will be dangerous. But more dangerous will be rescuing the Pokemon from their captor." Aradia finished her speech with another smile. She always seemed to smile at the mention of danger, of violence. Perhaps the explorers were imagining it, though. They could never be sure.

*:・゚✦ — BUT I WAKE UP TO BROKEN GLASS

2hriekm.jpg

The post was edited 1 time, last by ARADIA A.C ().

• Dusk was a fairly adept explorer - he liked to think so, anyway. A veteran of a great many rescue missions, he could get the job done quickly - maybe that was why the Guildmaster kept him around. This particular mission though - Kodiak Mountain - did not sit well with him. Awoken from his slumber, the grovyle sat amongst the others in the group listening to their houndoom guildmaster. Something very evil was afoot, he thought.

"Do you have any more details than that? Quite a vague request, don't you think - though I suppose we've heard vaguer here..." Dusk muttered, scratching his head with a green talon. "And anyway - I don't like the sounds of it at all. There's rumors a legendary Pokemon lives atop that peak," Dusk added pointedly. Would a legendary Pokemon kidnap innocents...? The idea of it all made him uneasy.

/ hfsjdkljhjHSJFKDL sorry for the garbage rushed post but im HYPE for this au and i wanted to reply before work lol

& you were dancing with the storm.

duskmire / wh warrior / played by weiss

retired vicar - casual posts only!

icon art by effy

• Ninja was somewhat of a new recruit to the guild. Somewhat. He never did much adventuring, as battling never seemed... quite his forte. In all honesty the pokemon was awful at battling. Too aloof. Too unaware of risks and dangers. Unable to properly control his powers. Those were but a few of many gripes his previous teachers at school had with him. How he had managed to even get into a nice an explorers guild as Haven Guild was a mystery. His role here was a simple role; a secretary of sorts. He sorted through help wanted posters and aided in pinning them up on the bulletin boards and helped in getting groceries for the chef. And that was the scrafty's life. Boring. Utterly boring. He wanted to go out and explore with the others. he wanted to take part in expeditions and missions and meeting pokemon from all over the world. Maybe that's why he was so quick to tumble out of his nest and scurry to the meeting Aradia had called. And oh boy it sounded as awesome as he had hoped. The scrafty looked to Dusk with a glint in his eye. "Wouldn't you want to meet a legendary pokemon? How cool would that be?" he commented eagerly. Ninja would kill to be able to meet one of those guys. The top dogs. The big baddies and practical overlords of their world. And yet still an enigma very few have witnessed and come back alive to tell the tale.

LIVING IN THE LIMELIGHT

THE UNIVERSAL DREAM

"PRINCE MERRY-GO-ROUND" — WIND HAVEN MEMBER — TAGS

PENNED BY Sympathy

• Viktor had done many rescue missions before, recusing those lost at sea and even those trapped upon mountain tops. His large wings allowed him to travel great distances in a short span of time and even dive into the darkest depths of the ocean. With a large body, he was able to even transport those he recused upon his back. The lugia quickly awoken and made haste to the call, joining the others who had arrived before him. A mountain rescue seemed perfect for him, but he hoped those missing were not injured or in too much distress. "If ya want to see a legendary Pokemon, look no further," rumbled the creature with a smile. Sure, he was no Giratina or Dialga, but close enough. Maybe a sub-legendary? Still, he, too, was curious as to see who this legendary was. "If things get too dicey, everyone is welcome to hitch a ride with me."

• Ninja was new, yes, but Dusk was a fan of the Scrafty. He seemed pretty capable and he had a sense of humor; that was all anyone really needed to be a cool Pokemon in Dusk's book. The grovyle shrugged in response to his question. "Well, in my experience legendary Pokemon are kind of a crapshoot. They're either giant monsters with some kind of insane kidnappy-agenda or they're - " He stopped, cut off as the answer to his sentence came into the large room. Viktor.

" - or they're Viktor," Dusk finished with a grin, looking up at Lugia with a smile. He had no idea why that guy stuck around with them. Their guild had earned a lot of fame for harboring Lugia, true, but Dusk just couldn't understand why Lugia - Viktor - would want to stick around a bunch of tiny, mortal little Pokemon like them. Didn't he have more important things to do, like all that stuff with the legendary birds...? And the, uh, ocean or whatever? Dusk trusted he had it all under control, he was just... amazed, that was all.

"I suppose if Viktor's willing, though, we may as well go," the grovyle sighed finally, crossing his arms. Vik would protect them all, at least.

& you were dancing with the storm.

duskmire / wh warrior / played by weiss

retired vicar - casual posts only!

icon art by effy

• UPON HEARING ITS EERIE HOWLS — 229.png

"Unfortunately, that is all the information I have been given. Turns out that not many are brave enough to head up the mountain and find out who is behind the captures," Aradia replied to Dusk bluntly, rising to her paws and heading over to the gathered Pokemon to stand amongst them. She never considered herself their leader, only the owner of Haven Guild. When it came to the explorers, she was instead an equal to them, as everybody else was as well. There was never a hierarchy of any sort in the Guild, though some might respect Viktor more due to his legendary status. In any case, with Aradia as the founder of the Guild, some might wonder why someone so ominous and downright creepy would want to create a Guild based on rescuing and safety. They never really did get an answer.

"That is why we are the last hope for the prisoners. We're the only ones capable of this mission," the Houndoom went on, glancing at Viktor with her red eyes glinting. "I should mention that the dungeons where the captured Pokemon are likely being held are deep within the Kodiak Mountain. Your flight will likely not save us then," Aradia said intently to him, a smile beginning to pull once again at the corners of her mouth.

She then broke her gaze and returned to looking at all the gathered explorers in front of her. "What will save you is your skill, as well as supplies. Food, medicine, berries, anything that will help us along the way. Lack of supplies in the dungeons are a deadly mistake." Another smile of glee, not so well hidden. "Get prepared."

*:・゚✦ — BUT I WAKE UP TO BROKEN GLASS

2hriekm.jpg