adventures in unova(moderate/advanced, PAFP, bxg)

Let's Share! has (finally) launched! Our first article is a World of Tanks Guide by Enderclaw!
Check out this announcement about a new Power Reset item being added to the Inventory Store!
  • tumblr_p41ru5aKvG1tfcrxvo1_500.jpg

Arcanine watched with his heavy gaze. Vincenza seemed to be quiet also, both pokemon and trainer looked to be in their own thoughts. Arcanine tilted his head, seemingly offended that the Scizor would tell him his teeth would hurt, he’s crushed more resistant things than a hard shell. Before he could continue his next attack he heard his trainer. “Use Iron Tail, get that defense down” even if it wasn’t much it would help, especially over time. He quickly followed his orders, while Scizor was gaining strength his tail seemed to glow as he jumped, did and forward spin, his tail aiming for the Scizor, he continued the move a few more times before going back to his usual Flare Blitz. “Try to get Scizor burnt Arcanine, it’ll help us in the long run!” Vincenza added towards the oversized dog.

//sorry for the wait, I got home and passed out. I should be a little more organized like before now though.

the world is mad

( am i eternally destined to smile for you? )

( ۵ ) ——— ( ۵ ) ——— ( ۵ ) ——— ( ۵ )

//I am starting driver’s ed now. My mom is making me put this as my first priority. I may be slow replying for awhile, sorry, but fear not. I am not ignoring you or leaving the thread.

• //its totally fine! i completely understand

Scizor grunted as the Iron Tail repetitively hit him. "Won't stop me from raising my attack." Scizor stood up after finishing his buffing just as Arcanine was coming at him with another Flare Blitz. "Scizor - Use Giga Impact!" Scizor rolled his eyes. Apparently his trainer didn't realize that that wouldn't defeat the Arcanine. He huffed and charged at the charging pokemon. Meeting the Arcanine halfway, sand was kicked up around them as their power met.

//we should probably do some timeskip to the end of the battle, as this is probably going to take a looooooooooong time. sound okay? itll help us get back to normal roleplay

• tumblr_p41ru5aKvG1tfcrxvo1_500.jpg

Arcanine seemed to be more expressive as the battle went on. From his usual cold stare he started to show more emotions, his current emotion seemed to be playfulness twinges with slight irritation. He moved to dodge the attack, graceful like always. He jumped back after the attack meet, nothing seemed different about him, maybe his fur seemed to be a bit more wild than usual, he didn’t show tiredness. He let out a huff, “Can’t you go down already? I’m hungry” he growled before charging at Scizor, “get close to him and use close combat!” Vincenza yelled.

//I’m sorry for the wait, my family wouldn’t leave me alone at all yesterday. But I can only hope they will leave me alone now. A timeskip would be for the best probably lol.

the world is mad

//I am starting driver’s ed now. My mom is making me put this as my first priority. I may be slow replying for awhile, sorry, but fear not. I am not ignoring you or leaving the thread.

• //its all good lol i understand. family is family. and alrighto timeskip it is!

timeskip: end of the battle (few hours)

Scizor fell to one knee and held his claw up. He was panting, and at the end of his rope. The battle had gone on for hours, and it was finally over. “I... I yield. You...” He sighed. “You win.” It was obvious Scizor was disappointed in himself. This was the first time he had ever lost a battle.

Alex stood there speechless. He didn’t understand the language of pokemon, but he understood exactly what he was saying. He had been sitting down at this point, but he quickly stood up. “W-... Well then..” He cracked a smile. “Good battle, Vincenza! I gotta say, that lasted pretty long, eh?” He looked up at the sky. The sun was almost setting. “Uhh... Wanna grab dinner? My treat!”

• B0A74A30E962C6B8DCC52FE56E8C56B5222C8D2B

Arcanine was about to do another Flare Blitz when he saw Scizor stand down. He slowly canceled him attack and watched him. Listening to the other pokemon he gave a grin looking back to his trainer, signaling that they won, listening to Vincenza and Jolteon cheer he looked down at the other before nodding. “Good battle Scizor, your strong” he said before walking to his trainer accepting the treats and pets.

Vincenza was busy congratulating Arcanine, that she almost missed Alex talking. Her legs were sore from standing for so long, sitting down and eating sounded like heaven at the moment. “Thank you, your Scizor is really strong, I haven’t seen someone be able to go against Arcanine like that in so long.” She said with a smile, “as much as I’d love to go eat, I wanna go to the pokemon center first, just to get them at full health, then I can take you to this place, it’s a big restaurant and it lets you and your pokemon stay out and eat, they have really good food, I think it’s only fair if I treat you guys as well!” She rambled as she let her pokemon back in the pokeballs. “If you don’t want to go to the place, I’ll just head to the center really quick and meet up with you later?” She asked.

//my family doesn’t know personal space or quiet time at all.

the world is mad

• //heY! so sorry for responding so late i hadnt realized you responded

Alex nodded and smiled. "Sounds fun! I'm sure after a rest at the pokemon center, they'd all love some chow." He started walking with Vincenza to the pokemon center. "So. Where did you find that Arcanine? That's the first time ive ever seen anyone beat Scizor. Ever. " He grinned. "It's a bit worrisome. I think there's something special about our pokemon, but what if there are others, and some criminals have them? Thats a recipe for disaster right there..." As they got to the pokemon center, Alex signalled for Vincenza to go first. "Ladies first."

Vincenza tilted her head, trying to remember where she had got Arcanine, “I..I don’t remember, I know I had him since a growlithe though, He was my first pokemon I caught. He’s never lost a battle even against water types” She rambled as they made their way to the pokemon center. “Special? Maybe, but good guys will always win, so I’m not too worried about bad guys, a lot of gangs have risen up but have fallen, id be worried if the gang was actually strong, and new what they were doing” she continued to speak as she gave her pokemon to the lady, saying a small thank you. Waiting for Alex to finish up she sighed, “I’d love to continue this talk about our pokemon but, I’m hungry and exhausted, and I didn’t even fight” she whined, “c’mon” she said as she led them to the large, colorful building, all sorts of pokemon and trainers were seen eating. “I think we can get spots inside, I’m friends with one of the workers here!” She said excitedly as they walked in the building.

//your fine! i replied a lot faster than i usually do.

the world is mad

• //hey, sorry.. rough few days :( im gonna try and be quicker

Alex grimaced as she proclaimed her faith in the good side. The gang he was a part of reigned the streets where he was. No one was able to top them. "Uh... Yeah." He nodded before having his pokemon healed and walking out. "Sounds great!" He smiled and laughed. "I wonder how Arcanine would feel if he heard that." He opened the door for Vincenza, waiting for her to step inside first. "That's good news. This place looks too popular for it's own good."

“Arcanine would pout and ignore me for a bit. I’ll probably remember later on. My brain is fried at the moment.” She laughed as she walked in. “Don’t judge it before you try it, the food is the best, or else it wouldn’t be popular.” She exclaimed to him, her anger was half heartedly. Looking around she saw a waiter come towards them, she gave a big smile, “Kaiyo!” She couldn’t help but say a bit loud, not that anyone cared, the whole place was filled with chatter. “Kaiyo! We need a table for two, preferably in the back, also with the pokemon seats around the table too!” She told him. Kaiyo nodded before telling the front desk, she waved at the desk lady before following Kaiyo to the back, it was separated from the main area, no one was in here, she liked it like that, more privacy. She looked at the table, three in total, the middle only had two seats while the other two had four on each side, meant for the pokemon as all the seats where different sizes, but all had the same design, it looked like a mini throne. She let all her pokemon out, picking up Rufflet as the others found the spots. Truthfully Arcanine sat in one that seemed to resemble a large dog bed, he shook his fur as he sat at the end of the table, Jolteon was sitting on a chair that looked relatively normal, just a little higher than usual, Gengar was the same. Rufflet had a chair that seemed to resemble a tall bar stool, standing almost the height of the table itself. She wasn’t sure if Rufflet would actually sit down on it at all. She shrugged anyway as she sat down on her chair, before eagerly looking through the menu. “I don’t remember what I got last time, I guess I can get something new, it’ll be good either way.” She mumble dto herself. Rufflet seemed to agree as he looked at the menu.

//its fine, this week I won’t be as active anyway. Don’t worry about it! Also sorry for the bad and wonky post, I’m dead tired, I hoped it made some sense.

the world is mad

• //its all good! ill make sure to check the thread daily for a while. and good luck! out of curiosity, what instrument is it?

Alex gave a warm smile at Vincenza's enthusiasm. "I've never been picky. I'm sure I'll like it." He rubbed his lower back as they stepped in the room. "Wonderful, chairs." He gave a smile to the waiter before sitting down and thanked her. He released his pokemon after sitting down. They looked at him confused except for Scizor who found a chair, sat down, crossed his arms, and closed his eyes. Seemed he's still a bit tired. "You two find a seat that fits you and relax. We're gonna get some chow with Vincenza. The red bug pokemon seemed a little moody as well. The seat that had fit him was on the same table as Arcanine, so he wasn't happy with that. Alex struck up a conversation with Vincenza. "So, what have you been doing in Unova for the last while? Anything interesting keeping you busy?"

Vincenza gave a smile at the pokemon that came out. Watching as everyone took a seat. Looking at Arcanine’s expression she couldn’t help but shake her head with a grin. Arcanine was still showing his proudness about being the winner from the battle against Scizor, who sat across from him. She looked back to Alex when he asked his question, her smile fading a bit. “Ah, I guess you can say I’m taking a small break from family, just wanted to spend some time with my pokemon, and them alone, I have a lot of different views on pokemon compared to them” she mused as she absentmindedly petted Rufflet and looked at the expensive menu. “You said you angered people back at your home, was it family?” She asked him her eyes lazily wandering throughout the drinks and appetizers, was it too late for coffee? she wondered to herself.

Arcanine tilted his head when he watched the Scizor sit across from him, he himself seemed to be completely different, he was energetic and smiling towards the fighting pokemon. “You still upset? You can’t stay stuck on one loss forever.” He said as he shifted, before listening to his comrades squabble about the food they got last time.

//no you haven’t been abandoned! I just have been drained of energy this week, recital took it out of me, and I had a lot of threads to catch up on, still do, so sorry about that. It wasn’t an instrument, it was a dance recital lol.

the world is mad