Friends in Unlikely Places (role-play thread)

• Blazefrost pressed the leaf over his eye on tighter with his paw. "I haven't been in a clan since... Well, since my father was around. Back then, the clan was horrible. I'd love to have a fresh start." He turned to Legendstreak. "Also, I've endured much worse wounds than this and still emerged victorious. I could probably go down right now and kill another two foxes!" He stopped, scenting the air. "But not now. I'd suggest we move someplace more sheltered."

Don't act like I'm not here.

I know what you're doing.

Don't leave me in the cold.

Zoo Escape// Small cat Rp

Spirit Animal?

Wolf

• the molly could merely stare in awe at blazefrost, taking down a fox on his own? she couldn't even imagine--well she could, but with her extremely basic knowledge of fighting it probably looked odd. primrose tipped her head with a smile as her name was called, sort of like an attendance. as cloverslam spoke, she listened strangely attentively wondering how the two will take to the question.

primrose nodded at blazefrost's suggestion, and for once, she had an answer. "i saw a small den nearby, now that i think about it i'm not sure if it belonged to someone but it felt pretty abandoned." she mewed, thinking back on the small cave. "it looked a little small, i think we'd all fit."

• Legendstreak smiled at Blazefrost, "well that's good, we'll need strong warriors." Her ears twitched to what Primrose had said. She paused thoughtfully after the kittypet's words, "I believe that would make a fine temporary home. But in the long run we will need something better if the clan grows. But, yes, that sounds like a fine idea. We'll have to go and investigate it." Cloverslam watched them all happily, finally they would have a home. He missed having a home. He turned to Galaxyhawk, "so how 'bout it? Will you join us?"

Psalm 46:1-3

God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble.

Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains

fall into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam and the

mountains quake with their surging.

lilpupin's Character Storage

Second character storage

• Galaxyhawk listen silently to them talk, mauling over the pros and cons of joining them and being in a group again. His last group wasn't one that held many good memories for him and he doubt that this would either, but he could give it a try. Besides, he was getting quite old and likely wouldn't be able to do may things himself in a few years. The old cat watch Blazefrost curiously as he pressed a leaf to his face and, from his words, came to the conclusion that whatever he had survived likely had to due with that leaf, or more accurately, what it was hiding. Hear words from next to him, he turned his head to the grey tom. "Yes, I think I will, but I doubt in a few years that I will be much help. I am quite old as it is. And concerning a home it would be better to go see about that shelter first before we tangle with any foxes. It would be a good idea to have a place to return to, especially if any of us gets injured, which is a very strong prospect."

• Blazefrost saw Galaxyhawk watch him with his leaf. He shifted his paws a bit. He wasn't ready to move it yet. Not while his father still walked this land. He stretched and scented the air again. "Well, let's go find this cave. I think we all could use a bit of rest."

Spirit Animal?

Wolf

• Cloverslam's tail twitched happily. "That's fine, every clan has elders, if you don't think you're out up to be a warrior any more one day then we would gladly take care of you." Legendstreak stood, Cloverslam following her actions. " alright then, " she said. "Lead the way, Primrose."

Second character storage

• the molly grinned, she felt quite useful for once as she led the way. it wasn't too far from their current location, a few minutes at best. her tail swung excitedly behind her, she had new friends! she could finally sleep in peace.

once near enough, she considered small-talk, but decided against it. she noted there were plants growing in abundance just nearby, though of course, she didn't know their uses, might even be dangerous. "well, here we are." she mewed, taking a seat by the entrance of the den, it seemed ancient at best.

speaking in #e08fcd

• Through the tall deep green grass a some what tall ghostly cat like form moved with ease. Long white fur brushed against the tall stalks leaving behind strands of shedding coat and his distinct scent one of deep forest moss and a summer mist. The gentle wind played in his coat twisting its cooling fingers through the feather soft fur that bounced with each elegant step. Deep red colored eyes set on his path in his mouth a fat young rabbit whose blood stained his chin and neck in a fresh ruby tone that stood out against his natural color. Cautiously he made his way back to the forest pausing when he heard felines passing near by swiftly he took off into the depths of the woods leaving only bits of his coat abd scent behind him. Many knew the story of the cat VermillionWinter though most thought him only a legend or myth used to keep kits from wandering off while their parents went to hunt supposedly hecnever left a trace behind him and was only seen in glimpses. Yet as the weather warmed with the rains gone his coat was shedding out and his scent was more noticeable abd easily distinguishable from the rest of the area making hiding a far harder challenge than before.

• Wren skunk through the underbrush, twisting her way through branches and past thorns. She stood still as she heard the soft thump of pastels heading in her direction. She crouched down, watching as a white figure quickly came closer and closer. What could they be running from, she pondered. She scented the air, not finding any thing concerning. She waited to find out what would happen and who was coming.

Second character storage

• VermillionWinter paused for a moment sniffing the air. His ears turned about noticing the silence around him. Though birds chirped lively the crickets abd small animals were silent. Smoothly he dipped low running along the tree trunks slinking out across a open meadow. He lifted his head looking behind him. Before settling towards the indented center where the tall grass would hide him. Once there he settled down nkt knowing there had been a set of eyes watching him more interested in tearing into the plump rabbit before him.

• Wren startled as the white cat ran past her, flattening to the ground. She smelled rabbit and so followed after the tom, hoping to get any of the prey that he may leave behind. Although she could just as well catch her own she was interested in an easy meal, which she hadn't had for a while. He followed the tom, keeping distance, crouching in the grass to watch.

Second character storage

• Demon_Eyes_by_Mz_Kitts.jpg

VermillionWinter-4yrsold-rogue

White fur was quickly stained red as Vermillion ate satisfying his hunger leaving nothing left but bone, fur, and the inedible bits. He was a big tom after all and large cats had large appetites. He dug a shallow spot under the moss putting the remains in their and covering it as to not attract a street dog or worse. For his coat, face abd paws he used the dew like moss on the large rock to clean off the red before finally addressing the animal he knew would be nearby. Flicking a ear he slowily withdrew from the thick grass his deep red eyes settling on the smaller Manx. “If you’ve come for a fight I must decline. If it’s food your after you should have spoken sooner rather than sit back like a crow watching a wolf eat.” The tall toms tail moved lazily side to side in motion with his hips as he turned away from her expecting her to run off like every other cat did to tell her friends about the scary monster. “Though I suppose a wolf would have atleast left something for the bird to peck over. Geuss I am just not that kind am I?” He looked over his shoulder to see if she’d left yet or was ready to speak.

• the molly grinned, she felt quite useful for once as she led the way. it wasn't too far from their current location, a few minutes at best. her tail swung excitedly behind her, she had new friends! she could finally sleep in peace.

once near enough, she considered small-talk, but decided against it. she noted there were plants growing in abundance just nearby, though of course, she didn't know their uses, might even be dangerous. "well, here we are." she mewed, taking a seat by the entrance of the den, it seemed ancient at best.

speaking in #e08fcd

small bump ;;

• (Woops, sorry about that!)

Legendstreak's eyes darted to and fro, examining the den and its area. She made a soft hmm noise to herself and smiled at Primrose, "he's this will do just fine for now. She quickly darted into the tunnel and back out, "there's plenty of room for all of us, too. We'll probably expand more later, but this will definitely suit is well for now." Cloverslam grinned happily, "great job, Primrose!" Legendstreak looked about her at the group of cats gathered before her, "alright, I suggest we gather bedding for the night. If these lands were really as wet as it sounds they once were, there should be plenty of moss, but I'm sure there's plenty of other stuff we could find. Maybe some leaves? Then we could figure everything out after we're settled."

~

When pressed herself to the ground, concerned herself of a fight. She had never been a particularly good fighter, hadn't needed to be. But now she might need to. "A shame," she thought. "To journey so long and hard, for my search to end here, just because I was too lazy to catch my own food." She stood, glaring into the tom's red eyes. "No, I suppose you're not," she said as a growl echoed behind her words. "And I'll have you know that although I have no intention of fighting, if you dare strike then you will regret every word you just said, and every action you took." She decided to conjure bravery, to pretend as though she did not fear lifting a claw against the tom who seemed more than able to fend for himself.

Second character storage

The large white tone looked her over with disinterest. *hmphm* “Laziness killed the hungry coyote kitten.” He turned away with a sigh looking up at the darkening sky. “It’s getting late you should get home I am sure your mom will have a vole or something waiting.” His ears flicked as he started walking he had no desire to fight her he never wanted to kill unless he had to abd just looking at her he knew she was weaker than himself. He paused again looking back. “For future advice don’t steal its not worth the trouble it brings.”

• Wren scowled at the white tom, her fur prickling as her claws sank into the dirt. She had never met a cat that got on her nerves so greatly. "Bold of you to assume I'm some helpless kit," she said flatly. She began to think of attacking the Tom just to satisfy the rage growing in her chest. The more she entertained the idea the better it seemed, but she restrained herself. She let the fur smooth on her back, taking a calm step forward. "Hmm, and you seem to speak from experience. We're you desperate enough to steal at a time just to be deeply punished?"

Second character storage

“No my sister and older brother had been.” He smoothly turned towards her letting his height and muscle loom over her the late day sun making his eyes all the darker and vibrant. “They were killed over a rats carcass... nothing but bone, fur, and a tiny scrap of meat. A carcass isn’t worth dying for.” He looked at the sky again then to the some what scrawny molly. “Come on I’ll get you a meal.” He moved away from her towards the darkening woods.

• seen stated after him, stunned. Was he showing kindness? Without much to go off she thought the red eyes tom was rude and rather mean. She made after him, "I don't need you to get something for me, I'm more than capable of hunting for myself." Her voice kept hints of annoyance, her brow burrowing in confusion. The white cat seemed to mean one thing then say another, and she'd rather leave to find her own food than stick around for a free meal with a side of doubt and misunderstanding.

Second character storage

Those dark some what unsettling eyes looked back at the cat behind him before looking back to where he was heading. “Then why were you willing to settle for scraps?” His ears twitched as he suddenly turned towards the sound of running water slow but there. As he slipped between the tree roots and grass he slowed until he stopped entirely. His eyes grew narrow as he started into the sprouting reeds along the waters edge. Just as minutes began to feel like hours he lunged forward partially disappearing as the grass shook violently a long green scaled body flashed into the air and then settled just as quick. From the brush he came back dragging the long thick body of a headless gardener snake that had been prowling for voles and frogs only to find herself as a meal. He tossed the still writhing body to her paws setting down to clean himself. “It’s not normal I know but the meat is good and will give you more strength than a hare or vole could.” He wasn’t sure why he decided to show her kindness perhaps it was the fact she didn’t try for his head upon sighting him or run off screaming cursed one or crying for help. His eyes looked out at the water contemplating on where to go from here. He could leave her but then she might get into trouble not that he cared to much though he could send her off to that cat clan that was making a mark in the same woods where he lived.

• Blazefrost poked his head out of the cave and looked around. "I have an idea to expand this." He mewed, searching through the underbrush. "We could make tunnels, and hide those tunnels. That would make the entrance more secure. But before we start digging, we need to figure out where those tunnels will be, and after we do that, we need to make sure that the tunnels can't collapse. My suggestion for that would be to press clay on the walls." He sat up and rolled back twelve sticks. "To start, we should plot out where the tunnels will be. We can use these sticks to mark it."

Spirit Animal?

Wolf