dangerous minority (open, snake safety seminar)

Check out this announcement about new leadership limits in Agrelos
  • The world is distorted, I'll follow the footsteps

hold back the screaming within me, in silence —

If anything, Vale felt heavier than usual, with all of the snakes that had stayed with her piled onto her body, in various places, all struggling to get to their favorite spots. Eli's was the neck. Vera also liked her neck, but Eli had been quick to banish the coral snake down to her front legs, next to Ava. Felix and Ivy were trying their hardest to get as much space on her chest and abdomen as possible, parts of their long bodies hanging off her own, and Nico.... Nico was wrapped precariously around her tail. Nico didn't have to fight for his spot. Nobody wanted Nico's spot. She quickly came to a stop in one of the quieter corners of camp.

"Eli says that he noticed that some of you seemed to not really understand how he and the others act, and he says that Vale and the others would like to just go over some brief things, so that way you aren't hurt if something should happen." She called, translating the black mamba's words as he hissed them into her ear. "Ava says to call this a... snake safety seminar."

I tried my best to laugh at it

but all I did was cry

tags. | played by Mirror's Edge

• dd6rjs0-8a1fa58c-2a8f-4e25-8b1d-c5aa54dec7c4.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2NkOGJiM2Y3LTZkZjgtNDVkZC1hZGQwLTMzMjBmODVjMmQzYlwvZGQ2cmpzMC04YTFmYTU4Yy0yYThmLTRlMjUtOGIxZC1jNWFhNTRkZWM3YzQucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.GjuWJte_dyIDkbgNPIWrg-q653HA1x0BM97Z9qpQ0go

BAI-CHEN BREAK R. C. K.

VALOZIAN DRAGON / BLIZZARDCLAN / TAGS & INFO

BaiChen considered himself to be a pretty patient guy. He had a basic level of respect for all creatures that rose —or fell -usually fell- depending on certain actions a person took or presented themselves. Except for crows and ravens. He never trusted them or afforded those vile hethens any mercy. But snakes were alright in BaiChens book. He wouldn’t go out of his way to interact with them and thought they were all terribly dirty, rolling in the dirt as they did, but like all non-sentient animals he didn’t care enough to form a real opinion.

They were not worth his time.

But he was curious about this Vale girl and how she had snakes constantly draped around her every limb without any fear of the filth they carried...oh right and also they were venemous so that was a weird thing.

The dragon touched down before the female, his eyes glowing with curiosity and slight disdain. "ill listen." he said with a shrug

CAN A SINGLE PERSON OUT THE EXPLAIN IT TO ME!?

LINK / / LINK / / LINK

• if there was one thing that always made lucas happy, it would be animals. from the smallest bug to the largest dragon, lucas found himself completely enamored with them, and loved them all to bits. though snakes were not his favorite, he did take his time researching them- and while he didn't really need to attend a class on snake safety, he was happy to show up, just for the prospect of seeing the little ropes.

"oh, uh- i brought treats! for them." his face flush, looking away in embarrassment, he would nudge a bag towards vale. in the bag, of course, was dead mice for the snakes to munch on. from the smallest pinkie to the largest rat, there was a size to fit each snake, whatever they may fit. "i already know about snakes, so i, uhm... just wanted to show them that i care."

• The snakelike hybrid and her serpent friends were the first BlizzardClanners Nadia met, and to be honest, she wasn’t too fond of them. It was nothing personal, nothing to do with their character... she just didn’t like their species. They were oddly chilling, the way their eyes darted around but never closed, their forked tongues gliding over sharp fangs, scales. She hated most everything with scales.

All the more reason to be safe, she decided, choosing to attend the seminar despite her gut’s best wishes. Biting her lip to keep a snarky remark from slipping out, she settled to listen, a fair distance from Vale and her snakes.

— IF YOU'RE FEELING SINISTER, GO OFF & SEE A MINISTER —

HE'LL TRY IN VAIN TO TAKE AWAY THE PAIN OF BEING A HOPELESS UNBELIEVER

nadia hades `` iron hull `` privateer roleplayed by vanilla ∘⋅

• Like Nadia, Jonas felt his stomach turn at the sight of all of those snakes. He felt no dislike towards them - they were just dangerous creatures, and they made him uneasy. Back home, snakes had hidden in the hay bales in the barn. Once, one of the serpents had bitten his little brother, who was sick in bed for weeks because of it. Naturally, the small coyote was going to be cautious around them.

Despite his initial hesitance, he bounded over, next to Nadia curious as to what was going to be said. He pinned back his ears, head tilted slightly to the right. "They speak to you?" he asked, genuine wonder in his voice. BlizzardClan truly did have a number of... colorful individuals.

TO BE A SOLDIER WHO KNOWS HIS ORDERS —

THIS IS GOSPEL, FOR THE VAGABONDS

BLIZZARDCLAN — COYOTE — PALADIN — PENNED BY JOZI

"Ah. Treats." Vale paused for a few moments as she listened quietly to the others, before speaking once again. "They all said thank you." The hybrid translated. Her claws hooked into one of the larger rats into the bag, offering it to the green boa on her back, and allowing the rest of them access to the food, her companions dropping off of her body in order to snag a piece or two, swallowing it whole. If anything, she felt very calm, knowing that was was on her back, at least, and the others were within sight.

At Jonas' question, the hybrid gave a small nod. "They do. I translate for them when they want to say something." She answered.

"First off, I want to start by saying that while my friends don't want to hurt you, they will if you try to hurt them or threaten them, or try to remove them. They're like any animal, and will defend themselves." She started, her tail flicking as she scanned the crowd. "If they're not with me, they'll usually avoid you. Rushing them or chasing after them is bad." Vale didn't even bother finishing the last sentence, as the crowd was likely aware of what would happen if they did that. "Though, sometimes, Ava really likes to say hello to other people. She's friendly. Just doesn't like being stepped on." During her talk, the small milksnake had slithered back up Vale's leg, tongue flickering as beady black eyes watched the crowd. From what Vale could tell, she seemed relaxed, and the hybrid slowly lifted her front paw. "Ava says that if you want to, you can come closer to her." The paladin trainee translated.

but all I did was cry

• Persephone hardly had issues with any other creatures. She was often wary of other liger hybrids, given that any that shown up on the border ended up related to her in some way, but that was about it. Snakes never frightened her, even with the knowledge that they were venomous and volatile. Vale seemed in control of her pets (for lack of a better term) and Percy tried to trust the young trainee. Nonetheless, the girl approached on light paws, wings folded against her sides as she took a set beside Jonas, sharing a small smile with the coyote before paying attention to the seminar.

It seemed like the obvious was stated - don't chase an angry snake, don't pick up a snake that isn't yours, they won't hurt you if you don't hurt them. Her eyes flicked slightly as she waited for the more obvious lesson - which of those on her body were the venomous ones. She didn't fear them, since they hardly left her hybrid form, but better safe than sorry, "Is Ava the nicest one?" the girl questioned, the names of the snakes often going over her head.

Peresphone's question had Vale nodding, silently offering a closer look at the milksnake. "Nice. Very nice." The hybrid confirmed. It was true. Ava did have an even temperament, rivaling even Eli in this. The only thing was, unlike Eli, unless she was stepped on or threatened, she always seemed a bit hesitant to attack others, Vale had noticed. Perhaps she had babied the milksnake too much.

"As for the dangerous ones, I guess they're all dangerous. If Ivy got ahold of a small enough creature, she could probably strangle them. But Ivy likes to be fed instead of looking for her own food. Ivy's lazy. And if a bite was left untreated, it could become dangerous because of infection." Vale finally spoke up again, gesturing to the emerald tree boa still wrapped around her chest, treating the hybrid as though she were a branch. "As for venom, the ones that are venomous are Vera and Eli." She took a moment to point out the two amongst the others. "Vera's is less lethal, mostly because she'd have to chew on you to try and inject her venom, and she has a hard time opening her mouth that wide. I don't think I've ever seen her actually kill anybody." Vale started, deciding to get Vera out of the way. "Eli is a different story. If he did bite you, I'd say it'd take a half an hour for it to be fatal. Maybe less, depending on your size or how much you move. You'll likely die a fast, but painful death, being unable to move and struggling to breathe." Eli, though, was the most loyal to Vale. The one who had been with her longest, she'd seen him bite a few people a few times. Mostly bad people, and because she had asked him to.

"As for bites themselves, they won't bite without reason, or unless I asked them to, but if something did happen, and it was a venomous one, I would recommend staying calm and trying not to move much. Panicking will only cause the neurotoxins to kick in quicker. And try to keep the area where you were bit below where your heart is. It'll slow it down. And get to a medic." She finished, her tail flicking.

"Any questions?"

but all I did was cry

• dd6rjs0-8a1fa58c-2a8f-4e25-8b1d-c5aa54dec7c4.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2NkOGJiM2Y3LTZkZjgtNDVkZC1hZGQwLTMzMjBmODVjMmQzYlwvZGQ2cmpzMC04YTFmYTU4Yy0yYThmLTRlMjUtOGIxZC1jNWFhNTRkZWM3YzQucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.GjuWJte_dyIDkbgNPIWrg-q653HA1x0BM97Z9qpQ0go

BAI-CHEN BREAK R. C. K.

Bai-Chen remained quiet as he listened to the woman...speak the obvious. Of COURSE you don't approach and mess with a snake - just the same you would with any creature! He rolled his eyes as the lesson progressed, finding his only curiosity being how exactly this girl spoke to snakes that could only hiss and spit. Resting his head on his talons,, he waited his turn to ask his question, but then she said something he wasn't prepared for.

"Unless I tell them to"

Immedietely Bai-Chen felt like he'd just been shocked with a splash of cold water. He jerked his head up, eyes flashing. He thought rapidly as she spoke on and on about what to do when bit - but she provided no actual means of getting the venom out. His previous question was forgotten as Bai-Chen stiffened. "Do you think a medic has the means to heal if we're bitten by Eli? Or is it guaranteed we will die?" his eyes would flash and his nose would begin to twitch in the beginnings of a warning growl as a cold chill went down his spine, the eyes he had on Eli growing from indifferent to suspicious, "And has he bitten anyone before?" he'd pull his slender body closer, bunching himself up as if ready to take off as he leaned away from Vale and her suspicious, possibly extremely dangerous pets.

Bai-Chen understood snakes. Don't mess with them, and they won't mess with you. But that was when they were working within the realms of nature.

Vale herself was a unknown factor. If she deemed it, she could send those snakes after them - after Bai! Then what would he do?

Suddenly he wasn't too keen on being patient and understanding with the viper girl and her gorgon entourage. But his hard glare was directed at Vale, not the snakes. She was the danger here, not the mamba. The snakes were swords, and she the swordmaster.

Dangerous.

"Speech."

LINK / / LINK / / LINK

Vale was always somebody who loved talking about her snakes, much like a proud mother might brag about her children. When it came to her companions, she always seemed more animated and interacted with others more. However, the young hybrid was far too honest about them, she realized now, as Bai-Chen's words cut through her, almost like a knife, severing whatever confidence she had built up over the course of this talk.

"Do you think a medic has the means to heal if we're bitten by Eli? Or is it guaranteed we will die?" "Uh, m-maybe amputation? Anti-venom?" She started, well-aware that the process of making anti-venom was a long and difficult one. So yes, unless you were willing to sacrifice a limb, and fast, you were likely to die if he bit you. Even if you did sacrifice the limb, the venom could still kill you. Vale didn't know.

"And has he bitten anyone before?" If anything, that caused Vale to tense up, her eyes darting to Eli, as though looking for reassurance from the black snake. The black mamba lifted his head, tongue flickering as he made his way closer to the hybrid. "He has." She admitted, not looking the dragon in the eye. "But it was self-defense. He wouldn't do that to you guys." She paused, struggling to find the words that described what she wanted to say best. "You guys are.... are.... friends." Yes, friends. That was a good word to describe how she felt about the BlizzardClanners. "You guys are accepting, more accepting than others." Another long pause, this time, to listen to the flickering of tongues and low hisses from the black mamba. "Eli says.... he's very fond of this place. If he did something to hurt you guys, we'd have to leave, and you guys wouldn't be accepting anymore and hate us, he says. Isn't that right? N-none of us want that to happen, so I could never ask my friends to hurt other friends. Maybe somebody who would try to hurt our friends, but not friends." She managed to get out, glancing towards the others who had gathered, hoping her reasoning was sound to them.

"You guys are... important to us." She finished.

but all I did was cry

BAI-CHEN BREAK R. C. K.

Now Bai was on his feet, his tail lashing as the water around his throat spun aggressively, protectively. He eyed the snakes less like pets and more like the truly dangerous beasts they were. "And if we ever stop being important? If you decide to turn traitor - what then? Or if they confuse an order from you? Or someone temporarily forgets the dangers and tries to embrace you and gets too close? What then, huh?" his lips twitched, aggressive rippling the scales along his back, but there was no hiding the fear in his eyes. The serpentine dragon would spit severely, "We're at risk of losing a LIMB in the BEST CASE or dying at worst and the only protection we have is you're word that you wouldn't do it?" twisting away from Vale and her beasts, Bai-Chen would snarl, "I'm not foolish enough to risk that - don't you dare come near me, got it?" and with that final demand, Bai-Chen leapt into the air, more than a little eager to get far away from the living medusa herself, absolutely terrified of her.

//IC opinions i'm so sorry I love Vale Bai is just hella paranoid oof

"Speech."

LINK / / LINK / / LINK