til we sink to the bottom of the sea | o, gardening

Let's Share! has (finally) launched! Our first article is a World of Tanks Guide by Enderclaw!
Check out this announcement about a new Power Reset item being added to the Inventory Store!
  • After Jeri had returned to his life, Duskmire had found his interest in gardening and farming renewed. He'd never been terribly good at it, but he figured as long as they had a garden here - and, to his knowledge, the most talented living gardener (Jeri) - they may as well take advantage of it. That said, Duskmire had been out in the Garden of 'Eden' all day, picking weeds and re-arranging things. He'd amassed a burlap bag of various seeds for planting and carried some tiny wood pails of water here from the river; he was ready to get to work. He was digging, currently, both paws in the mud, to plant a little apple tree sapling he was relocating; but his quiet work was an invitation for others to help. Tiring of doing all this himself, though, he wouldn't stay quiet.

"Hey - anyone want to help me plant more carrots over there? I also have some of them I already uh, harvested over there with some radishes - if someone wanted to run a basket or two to some of our allies that couldn't hurt either," Dusk called out to anyone that was bothering to listen as he continued to dig. Two paws on the tiny tree he'd dragged over, Dusk arranged it in the pit he'd excavated and began kicking dirt over the roots. Maybe his specialization as a guardian would be farming or something; this wasn't half bad. He felt useful, for once - like he had something to contribute.

his laziness built the pyramids

& his solitude was a knife.

duskmire / wh advisor / played by weiss / tags

• GOD I MISS YOU LIKE HELL, I WAS WRONG I CAN TELL...

-- Approaching Duskmire, Lisette's face was stricken with confusion. He was planting vegetables? This was peasant's work, and yet he had introduced himself to her as a Guardian, which sounded like someone to be admired. Clearly not, however. "Do you not have serfs to do this work?" She gazed at the basket of radishes. And that was when it struck her-- this was what she was going to be eating for the foreseeable future. Oh god. The border was so close, she could always escape back home...

No, that wasn't necessary. What good was she if she couldn't eat a couple dirty carrots and a few acrid radishes? Not any good at all. These people could do it, so she could as well. In fact... "Duskmire, I will gladly take this basket for you. Where does it need to go?" Interacting with allies would hopefully give her a more in-depth view of the political climate down here. She reached down to grab a basket by the handle in her maw, looking toward Dusk and awaiting instruction. There was a good chance she would get lost, but she wouldn't feel badly in the slightest if she had to drop the basket halfway there and turn around. Her safety was more important than a basket of carrots and radishes.

...FOR THE HEART CAN BE BLIND AND FROZEN!

Lisette de Castellane

| samoyed | two years | wind haven |

• There was such an interesting contrast between Lisette and Dusk; they were both royals, but from very different backgrounds. Lisette seemed to have grown up privileged in some way - whereas Dusk, though he'd been a prince as a very young child, had never gotten to experience any of royal life. Mucking about in the dirt and hating himself was just a day in the life. "Ha!" He laughed, crawling out of said dirt. "No way. The line between serf and noble does not exist here, my friend." That was certainly true. It was like that in many groups; it certainly had been in the Ruins, too. "Gardening is fun. You should try it sometime!"

As for the basket, he glanced over at the vegetables and smiled. Lisette was interesting, but she was a go-getter, and he liked that about her. "Oh, thank you! Let's see... how about you take some to BlizzardClan? One of their ambassadors was just here, it would be good diplomacy to visit back. Ask 'em how they're doing and everything too, some intel would probably be - " Duskmire stopped himself, smiling sheepishly. Oops. The spy in him just slipped right out sometimes. "Well. You don't have to drill them for information. Just see what's up, that's all. And thank you, Lisette." He winked and tossed her a radish. "Here, try a radish on your way out. Garden fresh."

his laziness built the pyramids

& his solitude was a knife.

duskmire / wh advisor / played by weiss / tags

• Jericho is already headed in the direction of the garden when Duskmire's call is carried across the gentle spring breeze. It makes sense that, since joining, he's found himself here more than anyone else. His favorite place in all of his previous homes was his own garden, and the one that's already here serves as a sort of comforting constant, a place to be near while he's settling in. He still thinks he might make his own garden, though. One of these days. He rather misses starting one from scratch, having to scrape up the earth and plant seeds and tend to them day in and day out, the feeling of satisfaction once they grow from knowing that all of it is his creation. For now, though, the Garden of Eden (that's what they call it, isn't it?) will do just fine.

The sun rests warmly on his ginger fur, setting it aglow in sunlight as the tabby pads lopsidedly forth. Jericho scents the air, taking in the damp, homey earth's smell and that of sickly-sweet flowers and fresh vegetables. He knows it all so well, and a small, loving smile pulls at his lips at the soothing simplicity of farming. "I'll help, of course," he purrs softly. Blind amber eyes flicker between the space in which he hears Dusk and his other clanmate, and he dips his head in a sheepish kind of acknowledgement. Lisette's comment elicits an amused twitch of an ear — Jericho can't imagine having serfs, nor delegating such a task as gardening to them. Then again, Jericho has never been known to give up a chance to garden. The tom inches forth to sniff at the carrots and radishes, and though Jericho's mouth waters he decides to wait until they've finished before he has a snack, for his paws itch to meet the dirt. Wordlessly, only brushing lightly against Duskmire's pelt both in greeting and to orient himself, he picks his way over in the direction the other feline had indicated and begins to garden.

/mobile H

look at you, strawberry blond!

fields rolling on, i love it when you call my name

• — Heartypup hadn't ever gardened. She hadn't even seen one before.

But she was already confounded by the task, especially that Duskmire seemed to be doing it... for fun? Now growing food to feed the Clan, she could understand that. That made sense. But rearranging plants for aesthetic value, digging and planting purely for the enjoyment of it? That she could not grasp. So she decided to state this confusion "why would you do this for fun? this doesn't seem fun at all. i'd rather be sparring with someone." Of course, her definition of 'sparring' was mostly just rolling around in the dirt with the other children. But they weren't to know that.

//ic opinions!

• "Different strokes for different folks, Heartypup." the Vicar General's voice was casual as he approached, belying the line of tension in his shoulders. For some reason, being around Jericho and Duskmire made him unhappy: he suspected that this was related to the assertion that his mostly-broken memory had offered, that he was deeply attracted to the Advisor. He had felt secure, happy in that attraction, even hopeful, as if there was reciprocation - but now the cream tabby appeared to be fully besotted with the blind Prior. English was not quite sure how to feel about it, but he didn't like it: that, at least, he knew. Nonetheless, personal relationships (or the lack thereof) certainly did not warrant rudeness to his hard-working Clanmates, nor excuse a lack of participation in day-to-day life on his behalf.

So he would be here, and be as content as he could; though, admittedly, slightly agitated.

Dark eyes found Lisette's face and he laughed a little in surprise. "Serfs? No, no. Like he said - serfs and servants aren't a concept we abide by, not here. Besides; I find that any work that involves you in nature is worthy of a nobleman. What could be better?" this was a genuine question, and he aligned himself over the row of soon-to-be planted carrots, sinking his paws into the soft, fertile soil and beginning to dig. "But if you could stop over and see the BlizzardClanners, that'd be great. Such a powerful Clan - I'd very much like to keep them on our good side." he reminded himself that he needed to visit them himself, in his role as leader of both Wind Haven and SkyTribe, before starting back slightly. How did he remember this, how did he know this? You must've learned it and then forgotten. he reasoned. Fair enough, but if I remember this political miscellany, why don't I remember anything about who I am?

your eyes are open,

so never close them

• GOD I MISS YOU LIKE HELL, I WAS WRONG I CAN TELL...

-- Laughing at her? The samoyed's eyes widened slightly, her expression growing tense. She place the basket back down on the ground. Why were they laughing? That was... that was ridiculous. She didn't say anything wrong. Lisette simply exhaled, nostrils flaring slightly. "I could think of a few people who would make lovely serfs..." She would speak quietly to herself, shaking her head. The radish hit her in on the side of the nose, though she hardly flinched. She picked the basket back up, scooping up the single radish as well as she walked off. They wanted to stay on their good side, huh. She had half a mind to stroll right over to that place and completely sabotage their relationship. But, that wasn't going to help. Lisette decided that the opposite was the course of action-- act so well that she would be perceived as an excellent stateswoman. Blizzardclan... which way again? She would remember eventually. With nothing more than the flick of an ear, she strode off toward her destination.

...FOR THE HEART CAN BE BLIND AND FROZEN!

Lisette de Castellane

| samoyed | two years | wind haven |