NIGHTLY STROLL, PEARLPAW

Let's Share! has (finally) launched! Our first article is a World of Tanks Guide by Enderclaw!
Check out this announcement about a new Power Reset item being added to the Inventory Store!
  • Whenever she couldn't sleep she found herself walking with nowhere in particular in mind. She wasn't sure what time it was, but that didn't matter. She would eventually end up back at camp when everyone would start getting up. It was strange... Despite there being other clans she didn't know anything about them. Of the drama that was going on or the problems within each clan. Although, she supposed it made sense for her not to know an outside clans personal problems. The drama between clans was probably something she should know, but no one in WindClan knew of this or even talked about it. WindClan was isolated from the affairs of the other clans, which was fine by her. That meant that the other clans didn't care too much about them or had any grudge towards them. The clan tried its best not to get involved with others.

Even meeting cats outside of the clan other than the gathering was unusual. On border patrol it was quiet. If there was another cat from another clan there was rarely any acknowledgement. She didn't even realize that she was at fourtrees. It was then the scent of RiverClan flooded her senses. Swanfeather? He was the only RiverClanner she met, but it didn't smell like the tom. Following the scent she found a molly with numerous scars. Despite the blank face she expressed she was a little nervous around this molly. I don't want any trouble. Although, it would be worse to ignore the molly and run off. "Hi," she mumbled. What else do I say?!

Pearlgaze

MOMENTS PASS, SHATTERED GLASS, HANDS OF TIME, WHERE'S THAT CHIME?

SMOKEHAZE \ 14 MOONS \ WINDCLAN \ TAGS \ PENNED BY vincent

•  Pearlpaw’ ears flicked up as she heard a mumble of a she-cat, turning her head to look at her. She had Windclan cat scent. She blinked awkwardly a few times, “Umm... Hello?” Pearlpaw mumbled In return. She honestly wasn’t sure how to react. She wasn’t on Riverclan territory, and neither was the she-cat on Windclan territory. So at least she wasn’t likely to be very hostile? Not wanting to act weird, she tried making eye contact, “so. Umm. What brings you out here?” She asked, as she tried her hardest to try and be friendly and not start anything.

☾*: I LOST EVERYTHING BUT GAINED THE THINGS I NEVER HAD

PEARLGAZE / TRAD RC WARRIOR / SHE-CAT / 12MOONS / BIO

Art by -SWANFEATHER-

Kh0qgdB.png?1

• This certainly was starting off on the right foot. Despite the other molly greeting her in return and attempting to start conversation, Smokehaze still felt awkward through it all. She wasn't that much of a talker, and it seemed like the other molly wasn't either. "Strolling," she answered stiffly. What else am I supposed to say?! She didn't know what to do any by StarClan was this conversation a mess! There was one thing she thing, well... Actually two. One, this molly was from RiverClan. Two, she knew someone from RiverClan? Maybe I should start there? "Clanmate Swanfeather?" It was an attempt of trying to have some sort of conversation. She couldn't just go on about WindClan because there was a chance the other female didn't want to know that, nor would she have any knowledge of what was going on within the clan.

•  Same.” Pearlpaw mumbled. There was s little bit of awkward silence, before the Windclan she-cat brought up Swanfeather. “Yeah, actually... Have you two met?” She asked. It wouldn’t be a big surprise if they have. Swanfeather was always out doing something, and with Riverclan being so close to Windclan. You could always stumble across one or two.

Art by -SWANFEATHER-

Kh0qgdB.png?1

• Thank StarClan! I don't know what I'd do if we didn't have a common ground. If... If not, then we'd be stuck here awkwardly. At her question she nodded in response. It would get the message across. She had a vague idea that things weren't going well in RiverClan, but she shouldn't bring that up. She knew some cats would be upset to hear that news of their clans well fare was being spoken about. Although, now with that out of the way... What do I talk about? "He's like kitten," escaped her lips before she had time to realize what she said. Once she did, she internally cringed. Sorry Swanfeather.

•  Pearlpaw seemed to smile at what she called Swanfeather. 'He's like a kitten.' her voice repeated in her head. "Yep, he defiantly is. big goof ball. But he's a good cat." She said, her tone lightened and a little more comfortable with the conversation. "I believe i haven't introduced myself. My name is Pearlpaw, Riverclan apprentice." She introduced herself. Seeing that there conversation was likely to continue.

Art by -SWANFEATHER-

Kh0qgdB.png?1

• A big goof ball? I guess I can see it. She didn't know too much about him, but he certainly wasn't a goofball when they spoke. That made sense, because her life and his life didn't align with each other. There was going to be a lot they didn't know each other, coming from different clans and all. However, she could picture him being a goofball. "He's very shy, but a good cat." Perhaps, that was something obvious. Unless it wasn't and she unknowingly exposed the RiverClan warrior. He wasn't here though, soooo... Moving on! Pearlpaw was the fierce molly she was talking to. In truth, she assumed she was talking to a warrior with all the battle scars Pearlpaw had. Smokehaze had respect for this apprentice for coming out of these battles fine. "Smokehaze. WindClan warrior."

•  Pearlpaw tilted her head to the words that Smokehaze had said. She didn't remember seeing Swanfeather ever as shy? Maybe it was just because Smokehaze was a unknown molly? Or maybe Swanfeather liked her...? Well, at least that would explain why he would be shy.

"Nice to meet you, Smokehaze." Pearlpaw said. "So. How did you and Swanfeather meet?" She asked. Her curiosity grew, but she made sure to tell herself not to pry or anything.

Art by -SWANFEATHER-

Kh0qgdB.png?1

• Sad to say she didn't know the Swanfeather Pearlpearl or his other clanmates knew. How could she? It's not like she could ask or even go to RiverClan to see for herself. Nor did she entertain the idea that he liked her. After all, they only met for a brief moment. The conversation was going well. They had a topic which they both could speak about. It would make things less awkward between them. How did they meet? It wasn't anything interesting. "Border patrol. Near waterfall." I don't know if she wanted to meant more than that. Like what happened? Probably not? But that just seems short. Maybe she really wanted to know? AHHHHHHHHHHH.

•  "Well, I'm sure Swanfeather was happy to meet you. And i think you two got along just fine judging by your personality." Pearlpaw mewed. She seemed like a good cat. But Pearlpaw wasn't about to jump into any kind of friendship just yet.

"Do you know any other Riverclan cats?" Pearl paw asked out of curiosity.

Art by -SWANFEATHER-

Kh0qgdB.png?1

• What's that supposed to mean? She wanted to ask the molly what exactly she was insinuating, but was too nervous to bring it up. She had a feeling the other didn't mean it in a bad way per say, but who knows if they would think she was complaining. Drama was something she never sought after. One, it was too much work. Two, it could be reported between clans. Three, it could ruin relations between clans if it was extreme. She didn't want to be a burden to WindClan in any way. Any more than she was, at least.

"You," came an immediate response. SHE DIDN'T MEAN HER! AHHHH, YOU'RE STUPID! SHE'S ASKING SOMEONE BESIDES HER AND SWANFEATHER! She wanted to run by this point. I really am terrible at this. "How RiverClan?" And here she went ahead and asked. To be honest if the other molly yelled at her for asking such a question, she would understand. It was not in her place after all, but she was curious about RiverClan. Considering both their clans had history with each other. And if Pearlpaw wanted, she would share what was going in WindClan. Not important political matters, but some information.

•  Pearlpaw was a little confused when Smokehaze said 'you'. She then realized that Smokehaze seemed to be a little nervous, almost this whole conversation. Smokehaze was probably just like her friend Cliffpaw when it came to these matters.

When she asked a how Riverclan was, Pearlpaw shrugged. "Well, Its not going all that well. The River has been polluted, and Nightstar has become ill. Well, i guess it would be Nightgaze now." she confessed. She wasn't sure how things would work out with their new leader Twistedstar in charge, but hoped that they would at least be able to find a new source of water that would be able to last them until the river cleaned up.

Art by -SWANFEATHER-

Kh0qgdB.png?1

• That's what he meant by overwhelming. She couldn't help but feel a little bad, since she had been keeping Swanfeather from his duties. Then again she didn't know. How could she know? None of this information had been shared before. No one knew of this. Well... Except her. It seemed that not only was the river polluted, but there had been a change of leadership. I did say things change to him, but I didn't think it would be like that. Still, she couldn't do anything. Nor did she find it in her place or in WindClan's place to step in and help RiverClan. Only when the other clan announced they would be needing it, they would. Every clan has pride, and each clan has to respect the other clan's pride.

"It could be the twolegs. They're always throwing things away. Especially the kit twolegs." Twolegs were strange creatures that the WindClanners lived near. The clan didn't fear them per say, but they were wary. It was nice to see all the flora on the farm along with catching some mice, but it was best not to stay for too long. Once a two leg snatched you up, there was no telling what they would do. "For now things are rough, but remember that things change. Everyday there is change, even if you don't believe it. It may not be extraordinary and it may cause things to be worse, but eventually things will sort itself out. All we can really do is live in the present, seeking the future we desire."

•  Pearlgaze nodded her head to Smokehaze suggesting that the river could have been polluted by Two-legs. There was also the out brake of rats in Bloodclan, maybe the two-legs tried poisoning them, but it ended up getting in the river? Pearlgaze was unsure. it wasn't her main focus. As long as they found water, and the river cleared up.

"We know. it will be hard, but Riverclan has been through worse." Pearlgaze agreed. "Im looking forward to the day when it is all over." she added.

Art by -SWANFEATHER-

Kh0qgdB.png?1