avengers group roleplay? [closed]

Let's Share! has (finally) launched! Our first article is a World of Tanks Guide by Enderclaw!
Check out this announcement about a new Power Reset item being added to the Inventory Store!
  • here's a first go at my OC...

A POCKETFUL / "SPEECH" / OF SUNSHINE!

GENERAL INFO / ESSENTIALS

Amber Kaplan Female [She/Her]

Nicknames: ---

Twenty Four Years

Engineer/Stark Industries

Secretly Technopathic

American

RELATIONSHIPS / RULES OF ENGAGEMENT

Single / Homosexual / Unaware of her Sexuality / Not actively looking

crushing on - who isn't crushing on Natasha no one / Future - unknown

Parents: Abigail Kaplan/ Jaime Kaplan

Siblings: Peter Kaplan

Children: -

Friends with: Pepper Potts, Natasha Romanoff

Enemies with: -

Pets: Java Bean / American Shorthair [here]

HEALTH / HOME

Recruited to the Stark Industries straight out of college (thanks to her gift she was able to zoom through school and graduate on an advanced track at the age of 19) for her promise in engineering, Amber Kaplan quickly started climbing the ranks in SI's Science and Technology branch. Amber's abilities helped her learn and understand the things she was making faster than the others and when she stayed late and had the lab to herself, it allowed her to build things that should take hours in minutes. She still had to put in the work, it wasn't like the circuits could talk to her and tell her what would make her creations work, but she had an edge... An edge she kept secret.She knew that the big companies and agencies like SHIELD would be looking for enhanced to help out and the idea of fighting or being on some powered people black list was more than a little terrifying to a girl who hated dodgeball in PE. Stark Industries was much more her speed, working to solve unsolvable tasks and craft whatever useful piece of engineering she so pleased was both the most rewarding and most enjoyable job she could have hoped for so long as she didn't think too hard on what her projects were being used for or her risk of exposure. She got her big break when the Black Widow herself took an interest in her developed technology. Most of the people working in her line of work were men and didn't think about things like how to make gear slim enough to hide under a tight dress or making things suited to a more feminine perspective, but Amber did. When a Agent Romanoff took a liking to Amber's work Amber had no idea she was talking to anyone but a curious mind from legal but when the smoke cleared Romanoff revealed herself and offered Amber a job working for SHIELD. She wanted to say no, but the Black Widow could be very convincing and by the time the events of Avengers, Amber had become Black Widow's primary connection in SHIELD's Sci/Tech division. No one ever approached her about her abilities but she had gotten more than a few side eye glances from Hill when the woman stopped by. When SHIELD went down she followed Natasha and Maria Hill back to Stark Industries in order to continue her work and the ability to supply Romanoff with gear and weaponry custom to her needs. At this point she started to work more directly with the woman herself (depending on the RPers of other Avengers, reasonable to assume she would help Stark with general Avengers gear too) rather than through memos or the various different red tape of SHIELD and felt close enough to Nat to confess her abilities... That's how she ended up with this crew after Ultron. Something she's less than thrilled about.

Health: 95%

Wears contacts

Astraphobia

Scar on her upper arm and probably a lot of bruises because she's far too clumsy

BEHAVIOUR / PERSONALITY

Amber was blessed with a sharp intellectual mind, puzzles come easily to her where social interaction doesn't always. Amber is usually described as kind but tends to trip over her words when she jumps into the conversation. She can be incredibly witty when she isn't committing a social faux pas and as such most people are surprised at the shift when they first stumble upon her working. Amber is a very task oriented woman and takes her job seriously. She gets sucked into her job and reverts to grunts and a blunt and sharp attitude when she's focusing on a task, just as likely to tell someone to get out as she is to completely ignore them until she's ready to talk. Fiercely loyal, Amber looks out for her friends and has a heart too large for the business she is about to find herself in.

POSITIVE: excitable / friendly / witty / intelligent / authentic

NEGATIVE: rambler / workaholic / easily manipulated / socially obtuse / easily frightened

QUOTES:

"Just a minute!"

"That sounds... dangerous..."

"I didn't mean it like that, I swear!"

"Anyone want to join me for dinner?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Or, crazy thought, we could skip that and go to the movies like normal people."

"Anything I can do to help?"

"That wasn't suppose to be a suggestion!"

"Hey have you seen my keys?"

"Ice cream makes everything better."

"That was different- it was for science!"

OTHER / FUN FACTS

Is Roman Catholic, or maybe not anymore, she's not sure

Likes to go running

Allergic to carrots, addicted to Ben and Jerry's

Adores her kitty and will adopt any animal on sight. No joke.

Is prone to spouting out innuendos accidentally

Swears a lot

Just wants a hug and to do her job

Can shoot a target with crazy accuracy but seems to loose any ability to take care of herself outside of a lab test

face claim: Maisie Richardson-Sellers

• kdiggy that's completely fine! I've been there before so no worries

Bumble Bee I'd say the youngest being 18 and the oldest being around perhaps 25?

my timezone: pacific daylight time [pdt]

I AM IN HARDCORE SCHOOL MODE SO I MIGHT DROP OFF THE FACE OF THE PLANET FOR DAYS OR EVEN WEEKS AND I SINCERELY APOLOGIZE FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART FOR MY INTENSE INACTIVITY

side note: im a hella night owl so im on a lot at night checking notifications. im almost always on when im not busy

tumblr_p2bhm9VRhc1u4s87to1_500.gif

" remember what i said

boy you was battle born "

• wip

I AM IN HARDCORE SCHOOL MODE SO I MIGHT DROP OFF THE FACE OF THE PLANET FOR DAYS OR EVEN WEEKS AND I SINCERELY APOLOGIZE FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART FOR MY INTENSE INACTIVITY

side note: im a hella night owl so im on a lot at night checking notifications. im almost always on when im not busy

" remember what i said

The post was edited 2 times, last by bees?! ().

• The post was edited 3 times, last by Nohrian ().

• finally have a computer again! i'll probably end up taking a canon character as well, but for now I'm just gonna work on my oc C:

The post was edited 6 times, last by kdiggy ().

• I'm excited for this!! LMK if any of the characters would benefit from having an engineer/scientist making and/or servicing their gear 'cause Amber needs someone to work with other than Natasha lol

• i've decided to also take thor as my second character if that's alright! my oc should be done, let me know if you want me to change anything for the sake of plot

• kdiggy I'll put in thor as taken for you! Your character is fine, also!

Bumble Bee my character would most likely benefit from such

I'll try to get my character done today but no promises as I've been stuck on a phone for the past few days

" remember what i said

• oooohhh I love all these characters! :) all that's left is mine

Couldn't get it done today but I'll definitely be finally able to get access to my laptop tomorrow!

" remember what i said