FINE AND MELLOW — REJOINING

Check out this announcement about new leadership limits in Agrelos
  • God, what was it that always drew her back to this place? It was starting to piss her off.

Was it the memories? Twilight always had a problem with letting go of the past. Or did the dreariness of the territory speak to her? Probably both. Either way, the molly found herself stumbling upon the Shadow Veil’s territory yet again. In all honesty, it was a wonder that she didn’t just go back to the Cartel. She had more ties to that hole than anywhere. But she was hesitant. Every time she would walk into that camp, all she could see was Bill’s sneering face. Yeah, Twilight has failed pretty miserably as a leader. Her only accomplishment was that she got everyone to hate her, to the point where that little bitch - Betty, was it? - tried to take over, and eventually, Twilight got poisoned and died. That was pretty painful. But then she came back. Why the hell would anyone want her back?

It was clear that she was drunk. Twilight’s dark grey marble fur was ruffled, while heavy circles ran under her ghoulish eyes as she took unsteady steps. She looked absolutely awful. For her age, she might’ve still been pretty, but it was evident she hadn’t slept in quite a few days. Instead, she’d been staying up all night drinking. Her dad had left once again, and she had been trying to find them again to no avail. Why did she even try at this point?

Wheezing slightly, Twilight’s gaze moved across the territory. Oh yeah, she had to wait at the border, not cross it. Almost forgot about that. Flicking her ears, she backpedaled a few steps so she was behind the border. There we go. Man, was that her who reeked of booze? In this tipsy state, she really could not tell, nor did she particularly care. Wrapping her tail around her paws, Twilight sat down, head bowed ever so slightly. Her oddly-colored eyes stared straight ahead, focused on nothing in particular. She let them go out of focus, and was too lazy to try and refocus them. She was oddly...mellow. Literally every time she appeared at a border, she would announce her presence loudly. But not today. She looked very off, but maybe it was the alcohol. Twilight knew exactly where she was, but could barely process why she was here in the first place. All she knew was that she had to wait.

"speech."

hello kitty, why the long face? —— tags.

AND THE WORLD WILL FALL AND COLLAPSE, BUT WE WON’T.

TWILIGHTZONE BREAK — 41 MONTHS — THE SHADOW VEIL — PENNED BY ZYACINTH

• /HH

Mercy had been trying so hard to let go of the past for years now, but always to no avail. As time dragged on, she feared that it would never cease to haunt her, that the trials she'd suffered through and the crimes she'd committed would forever lurk in the shadows of her memory. A constant reminder of all she'd lost.

For a while it had somewhat faded into the background, nothing more than a quiet hum in the back of her mind. Still there, but... muted. It had lulled her into a false sense of security, leading her to believe that maybe, if she poured herself into HawkClan she might be able to put it all behind her. But then one thing led to another and she'd found herself back on Shadow Veil's border, and that had been the end of that. Being forced to stay here had been a nightmare at first; it brought the memories of her childhood and the way they'd been brutally stolen from her, along with her innocence, crashing back to the forefront of her mind. This combined with the discomfort that came with knowing that Sango and anyone who'd been close with her would execute Mercy on sight if she were still around had resulted in a very harrowing reintroduction to the place she'd once loved so dearly.

Things had miraculously grown easier with time, and while guilt and fear still plagued her, Mercy couldn't see herself leaving anytime soon. As wrong as it felt to admit it, she'd grown deeply invested in the Veil and in her work, though she always remained on high alert just in case something managed to get out about her less than pleasant history with the clan. She wasn't by any means thriving, but at least she was getting by.

Having accepted the fact that things were different now, that virtually everyone she cared about was gone, it naturally came as a massive shock to see her old lover sitting forlornly on the border.

"Twilightzone?" she breathed, disbelief coloring her features. The molly approached in quick strides, eyes widening beneath the shadows obscuring them as she drew closer. It is her. "Oh my god, Twilightzone!" She broke into a run, inky black tears swathed in shadow already streaking down her face. Grinning from ear to ear, she flung herself at the other molly, wrapping her in a tight embrace. "I didn't think I'd ever see you again."

YOU ARE A MURDERER, NO MATTER HOW BELOVED

SHADOW VEIL LEADER — DOMESTIC FELINE — TAGS — PENNED BY MERCURIAL

• / henlo :’^)

Holy shit. Was she hallucinating? Twilight blinked fiercely as a familiar figure came into view, using a paw to rub her eyes before letting them slide open again. No, she was still there. She would recognize that beautiful woman anywhere. Even in her half-drunken state, the shadows swirling around her body almost whispered to her that it wasn’t a dream. When the feline uttered her name, Twilight’s heart soared, finding her way to her paws with wide eyes.

"Jesus Christ," she breathed, mostly to herself. "Mercy!" Her joyful cry was slurred slightly, a lopsided grin spreading across her features. Tears began to well up in her gaze, but she pushed them back when she saw that Mercy was crying already. She stumbled as the other molly jumped on her, but laughed gleefully, wrapping her arms around her fluffy body. "Merc, I-I can’t believe it’s you!" she said, attempting to brush away the feline’s tears. This was too good to be true, and yet it was really happening.

She...she didn’t think she would ever see her again? Oh god, this was all her fault. Smile faltering, Twilight gently drew away and placed her paws on Mercy’s shoulders. "I’m so sorry for everything," she started, her voice clearer that t had been previously. "We've been separated so many times...I don’t wanna lose you again." The tears pooled in the corners of her eyes again. Slowly, hesitantly, she pressed her nose to Mercy’s forehead. "I-I really love you, ya know? And I can’t tell you how relieved it makes me to see that you’re okay."

"speech."

• Oh, what a cute little reunion, he thought. He kept his own jealousy deep inside, wondering why weren't the Gods gifting him with a reunion like that. At this point, he was sure all his past friends and family just assumed he was dead. Perhaps it was for the better, he could pick up the pieces and start a new life. He was trying, but every day was just more bullshit.

The wolf approached the group with a beaming smile on his face. He didn't do much as a lazy boy, but greeting newcomers wasn't hard. He dipped his head to Mercy, giving her a nod of acknowledgement before fixing his eyes on Twilight. "Yo, welcome back, I guess. I'm Lucien." Twilight hadn't been around when Lucien was, as far as he knew. He didn't recognize her a bit.

tumblr_mzf5koiIzw1rjvlpro1_250.giffierce wolfdog wearing metal spiked collar.

11 month grave knight of hellraisers

based off of blue from wolf's rain.

• She leaned into Twilightzone's touch as her paw gently brushed against her face, sniffling. Her laugh was infectuous, and the molly started to giggle herself, resting her head against the other and exhaling a contented sigh. "I missed you so much," she murmured.

A frown crept onto her face as the other feline pulled away, and heart heart twisted at Twi's apology. "No, no, don't apologize," insisted the Spiritcaller. The last thing she wanted was for her to feel guilty, especially since Mercy had been in her position at one point. "I'm just so glad you're here." She'd given up on reuniting with any of her loved ones long ago; seeing her here, touching her... it really did feel like a dream. Mercy stared at her in intent silence, taking it in. As Twilightzone leaned forward, she let her eyes fall shut, smiling at the contact. "I love you too."

When Lucien spoke up, she turned to him with a bright look on her typically gloomy face, a silent greeting.

• Everything Abbi ever had was here, in the Veil. Sure, some things, some people, were gone, some were missing, some were dead. But they were last here. Not here last year, not here the year before that - not anywhere else. He figured, with time and development, he would be in a similar situation to Mercy, where a lot of his past would be shrouded in shadows and scattered across the lands. But until then, he was content knowing that everything he needed was still here and everything he ever had was in the clearest light these dim pines could offer.

Abbi approached shortly after Lucien, having heard the proclamations of love and apologies. He didn't know why he came closer, as almost as soon as he did, he felt awkward, misplaced. He stared at them with his lips pulled into an awkward smile, before whispering to Lucien, "I feel like I'm intruding," and yet, he didn't leave. It was one of those weird things where he simply could't turn and walk away. Maybe he was in far too deep, or his curious undertones were out to play. Either way, he lingered nearby, grasping for something to say.

"Y-yeah, you're welcome to stay," he hummed, ears tilting back. He debated whether or not to say 'home,' since Mercy lived here before, so therefore Twilightzone had too, but he figured that was too much of an assumption to take on.

• At least Mercy was also glad to see her. She would never understand why this sweet girl always forgave her, but it certainly wasn’t unwelcome. She refused to mess this up again. Her ecstatic grin returned to her tired face, smile crooked as ever. Twilight couldn't describe with words how happy she was right now.

"Hey Merc, would you want to...try the whole girlfriend thing again?" she asked tentatively. "For real this time?" Wait, wrong choice of words. "N-Not that it wasn’t before, but like...ah, you know what I mean." There were only a select few that could fluster her so effectively without even trying - Lirim, some of her children, and of course, Mercy. Before she could make herself look even more like a fool, she heard voices. Her head turned to face Abbi and Lucien, feeling slightly embarrassed. Great, people were watching? Well...alright. It was kinda unavoidable anyway.

Twilight offered the two of them small smiles, dipping her head. "Thanks. I’m not planning on leaving again," she added with a smirk in Mercy’s direction. She meant too much to her.

"speech."

• Ver had no deep underlying past in any clan, she was new blood just a loner who’d gotten herself to tier up in clan affairs. It felt like a millennium since she joined the Rogues, since she first intruded upon the pines. It felt primordial thinking of the times that had passed by, thinking of deaths and bitter hatreds she didn’t think herself capable of. Or the friends, the semblances of relationships she had that was even more of a shock to her. She’d always just been on her own without nothing else but her own skin to keep defended. She knew not of what it would feel like to be born into it, to be raised in a world surrounded by people and always stricken with some sort of dispute. She felt she would’ve turned out better, but that was all a useless hypothetical. She wouldn’t know. She hadn’t been that pup.

She’d been brought on by the scent of alcohol, and expected to come across some drunkard intruding on the borders. The smell taking her back a few months, making her brain twinge with both shame and pride. Alcohol made her make many mistakes however for this unfamiliar women evidently not considering Mercy was draped over her. She’d only recently saw that there was more to the woman and as intrigued as she was the scene immediately wanted to make her back off. She didn’t play with taken women, she wasn’t about to risk being lynched. She frowned only for a minute before forcing an easy grin. ”You know we have plenty of rooms for you two to settle into to get your... uh things sorted out. no need to get all clingy out here surrounded by the kiddies right?” she’d bark intrusively a tease to her tone as she came up besides Abbi, flicking her tail towards him to further enunciate what she meant.

”I’m Ver by the way. Current Midnightbringer. If you ever need me just scream my name and i’ll hopefully help you out if I’m not busy” she’d add in more as an afterthought.

”speech”tags

• She tilted her head as Twilightzone stumbled over her words, brow quirked. "Yeah," she said breathily, "I know what you mean. And of course I do." Her tone was colored with affectionate amusement, her expression one of ecstasy as she gazed lovingly at the other molly. She was about to say more, but stiffened when a familiar voice cut in.

Her cheeks grew warm as she turned to see Ver standing with the others, and was once again grateful for the shadows concealing her eyes; although she was naturally quite an expressive person, it was much easier to mute some of her more exaggerated reactions when the most important part of one's face for emoting was obscured. Even so, a mixture of surprise and guilty discomfort could be picked up on as she pulled away from Twilightzone and lowered her gaze. "I– yeah, you're right. Sorry." She looked back up at Ver, searching her face. Was she annoyed? Disappointed? All Mercy could think about was their medical lesson and the thinly veiled flirting that had taken place, and how she'd pushed aside the memories of Twi to enjoy doing so. But now Twi was back, and so soon after, and shame began to creep in as her mind raced. Was this some sort of sign? Why did she even care so much? It didn't matter. They'd just been messing around. It didn't matter. It didn't matter. It didn't matter. But an odd, vague sense of disappointment lingered.

"I sleep in the infirmary with my students," she spoke up, turning back to Twilightzone and doing her best to keep her voice strong and steady. "You can stay there with us or find somewhere else to sleep in the ruins if you want more privacy — it's up to you."

• Sunpaw approached, curious what all the commotion was about. For once, he didn't stand at the feet of his mentor and instead meandered his way between Abbi and Ver. He looked up at both of them curiously before he turned to examine the stranger for himself. Abbi seemed to feel out of place and Ver seemed - was that annoyed? jealous, even...? - so Sunpaw was very interested to see who this person was. Twilightzone, he heard - Mercy's girlfriend?

Also feeling too awkward to intrude, Sunpaw simply watched with the others. His mentor seemed thrilled to see this girl again - and that much warmed his heart and eased his nervousness. If Mercy loved this girl, then she was good in his book, too. "Welcome home," Sunpaw chipped in quietly, his amber gaze slowly getting used to the sight of a new face. He had a feeling he'd be seeing Twilightzone a lot, given the amount of time he spent with Mercy. "I'm one of Mercy's students. And um - she's right, we'd be glad to have you with us. I can get a nest ready for you in the den..." he trailed off innocently. Sun was not usually shy, but he had no idea what to say to his mentor's long lost girlfriend.

beloved of john, i get it all wrong

i read you for some kind of poem

sunpaw aeternum / played by weiss

• The past always had a way of coming back to him, but nothing good ever did. It was only the nightmares that haunted him that chose to rear their ugly head whenever he was least expecting it, and at first even Genji's appearance had done nothing good for his health. It was only after months of reconciliation that his return had become something more than simply bearable, and just when things had started to look up he had disappeared once more. South wanted to hope that he was still alive somewhere, that he was simply biding his time to return once more... but history had a strange way of repeating itself, and he feared that it was simply not the truth. His brother wasn't coming back. His friends weren't coming back.

He wasn't coming back, and as much as he yearned to finally look up at the man who had helped him so much and tell him something that he couldn't even admit to himself out loud, South knew it was not meant to be. He didn't deserve anything good in this life, and Jesse? Jesse had been more than just good. It was enough reason for him to suspect that the man was gone from his life forever, taken either by time or burning in a blaze of glory til the end, or simply wandering as South had first met him. He had no right to feel jealous, not many reasons to feel sad, either, given that he had never been his. And yet he had hoped. He had wanted to be strong enough to admit many things, but that one phrase had been impossible to force past his jaws until it was too late, and his whispers felt empty in the cold night air when he had no one left to talk to.

It was no wonder, then, that when he arrived it was with a grim disposition, staring down both Mercy and Twilightzone with something not quite like contempt but obviously lost deep in thoughts better left alone. Try as hard as he might to push them away, he could fool only others that a small flicker of bittersweet hope fluttered in his chest, caged and clipped but there. Hope, but envy too, for hope was not the same thing as actual flesh and bones to hold on to when the nights got dark. "Welcome." the word sounded forced, rendered even more bitter by the distaste written clearly upon his features, too caught up in his own head to attempt to disguise it. "I see you have already made it home, so I will leave you to it," introductions could be saved for another date, when he felt in the right mind to offer them, but now he needed to forget, to get to work doing anything physically to forget about things that should have been left alone ages ago.

• Yep, Twilight was officially the luckiest woman in Areglos. She didn’t deserve Mercy’s forgiveness or even to date her again, but she was going to anyway. This was a great day. Maybe alcohol brought her good luck. Before she would respond, the voice of Ver reached her ears. She turned her horned head to see the other woman, and tilted it curiously as she watched Mercy’s reaction. Almost...uncomfortable. A brow raised as she responded, "Sorry about that, Ver, but I’ll keep that in mind," letting a laugh escape her maw. This chick seemed pretty cool. She gave her a nod of acknowledgement at her introduction. Her first instinct had been to call her Midnightbringer, in all honesty. But she wasn’t in the Cartel anymore, even if it still haunted her.

Next, she flicked her gaze over to Southwind and Sunpaw. "Thanks," she said to Southwind first, ignoring the stiffness of his words. And wait, this Sunpaw was Mercy’s protege? Awww! "Hey, kiddo, nice to meet you." Twilight usually reserved that “nickname” for her own children and grandchildren, but this one was cute. Her girlfriend spoke again, and her ghoulish gaze returned to her. "Of course I’ll sleep with you," she said, a note of humor in her voice. "It sounds nice."

"speech."

• What a nice, sweet reunion. At least, she would be thinking that if the scene wasn't ruined by the repugnant smell of alcohol.

With a scrunched-up nose, Strat padded over to the gathering group of Veilers at the border. She didn't have such strong feelings about the Veil; she wasn't bound to the Clan, she was bound to her family. Sometimes she almost felt stuck here. But she remained nonetheless, out of dedication to her siblings, to her surviving mother. How could she just leave them all, after so many of them had left already and never come back? What would she have to gain from that? She had to protect everyone. She didn't know what exactly she had to do to live a full life, but she knew if she wanted to figure it out, she had to keep what she still had so that they could be there when she found out.

"Welcome back," the girl said plainly, looking over the vaguely familiar Twilightzone and the much more familiar Mercy. "You... Probaby don't remember me, but I'm Stratopaw, one of Lastbastion's kids. I think... I've seen you around before." She fidgeted with her paws. She too felt like she was intruding.

"speech"

I'M THE NARRATOR AND THIS IS JUST THE PROLOGUE —— tags.

• She should’ve just walked the other direction before she could make a dick out of herself but her impulses demanded to do something wrong to prove a point perhaps and make her decisions just a little bit easier. Making women hate her was just as easy as getting them to bed to her. But she wouldn’t, she didn’t know what had brought up that thought of being so cruel to Mercy and her new-old girlfriend. Twilightzone seemed nice, perhaps she’d come to be a friend. If only Ver could knock away that gross instinct of viewing her as competition. The fuck was wrong with her? She’d get over it quickly, she just needed to get to know Twilightzone first before acting hastily.

She shakes her head at the apology keeping her smile plastered to her face. ”No need. Just trying to make sure the little ones keep their innocence intact” rich coming from her, she’d been yelled at in the past for going way to far nearby to children. It’d just been a throw away joke, nothing hostile. She was just being horribly weird. She’d shift uncomfortably before beginning to make her way away casting a glance back a more wry look on her face. She’d caught the comment and assumed it be suggestive she hadn’t meant to say anything more ”Just try your best to not be loud later Mercy, some of us need to get some sleep” she’d wink at the couple before padding off. Wings pulling closer to her sides as soon as she was out of sight. For once disgusted at one of her own comments.

”speech”tags

• She watched in silence as Twilightzone offered Ver a reply, mildly surprised by how well she took the comment. But then again, maybe Mercy was just being unreasonable. Why did she always have to overthink everything? She smiled nervously and then shifted her attention to Sunpaw as he introduced himself. Watching her girlfriend interact with him actually did make her feel considerably better, though her student's bashfulness came as a surprise. She quirked a brow, shooting him a quizzical, yet amused, look.

Her expression turned into one of curiosity as Stratopaw spoke. They knew each other? The thought of her past meshing with the present in any way was disconcerting, but then it occurred to her that the girl was fairly young; they had to have met after Mercy and Twilightzone had been separated. That was an odd thing to think about, but at least there was no danger in it.

A huff of amusement escaped her at Twilightzone's response to her offer. "It is," she assured her. "The infirmary's in better condition than most of the other buildings, and—" She cut herself off when Ver's voice reached her ears. She turned to look at the canine with a scandalized expression as she spoke. "Excuse me?" But she'd already vanished into the shadows of the forest, and Mercy could only stare after her.

• While Ver Million had retreated herself away before making a to much of a scene out of this reunion Yuuka on the other hand wouldn't. She was a very blunt person to the point of honesty and she had a mindset of a child and right now she felt this dislike over this new women for the way she talked to Mercy, over the past relationship they seemed to have. It didn't settle well for her. Yuuka didn't liked the attention Twilightzone was giving Mercy or the way Mercy looked at her. It was an look Mercy never had given her and possible never would. For her it was a threat because Yuuka loved Mercy and didn't wanted to share her with anyone. Yuuka couldn't tell apart the different meaning behind love after all and so thought all of them meant the same. " Mercy-san dosen't want to sleep with you." she said bluntly as she suddenly appeared up beside the molly so close like she was actually clinging to her, and the Baskerville's hot pink orbs glaring at the half vampire and half ghoul with a disliking look. " Mercy-san is sleeping with Yuuka." A complete lie of course but Yuuka was a very stubborn and naive girl not to mention a horrible lair. But she didn't cared seeing nothing wrong with to lie possible because her papa was the biggest lair on earth. But if this lie could help her to prevent Mercy to have some alone time with this female she felt not guilt at all to lie. If Mercy even wanted to Yuuka would love to sleep with her!. She could just have asked her!.

I AM GONNA MAKE YOU MINE.

YUUKA BASKERVILLE BIGENDER 'LOVE DEMON' THE EXILES TAGS

• /HGJKFDHGJKDFHGJ SEINA IM CRYING

Mercy's eyes widened at Yuuka's sudden interjection, and she turned to look at the caracat in surprise as she pressed up against her and addressed Twilightzone with a startling amount of spite. The change of attitude was quite jarring; she'd always known her violet-hued clanmate to be an exceptionally cheery person. She could somewhat understand why Ver was agitated, even if she was being unreasonable. But why in the world would Yuuka have a problem with Twilightzone? Mercy almost looked hurt, but her expression immediately morphed into one of immense shock as the winged feline continued. "What?!" She took a small step away from her. "Yuuka, what on earth are you talking about?" What had gotten into her?! She shot Twilightzone a desperate glance, a silent way of assuring her that this was not at all the truth.

• Twilight couldn’t say she remembered Stratopaw, but she smiled and dipped her head to the girl nonetheless. It was nice that someone around here knew her. She did consider herself to be pretty infamous, after all. At Ver’s comment, she offered her a weak smirk, watching the other female walk away. What was that all about? Well, better play it off like it was funny. She preferred to hide her true feelings under humor, anyway.

"Then I’ll stay there with ya," she said after Mercy spoke. The closer to her girlfriend she could be, the better. It had been so long since they had been together, she wanted to make up for it. Maybe Twilight could surprise her with late-night cuddles. Yeah, that sounded great. And the building was in good shape, so she could get some luxury treatment. Aha, she made herself laugh.

Yuuka’s presence was very unexpected, and honestly, she wasn’t a fan of her already. Twilight’s lip curled at her comments, a single brow arching. "I didn’t mean that kind of sleep in the first place," she said, forcing the words through her teeth. What the hell was wrong with this bitch, anyway? Twilight was very used to people hating her, but no one made up things about Mercy. She assumed this, because of her reaction and her look towards her. Slightly horrified, the grey feline narrowed her eyes towards Yuuka. "What’s your problem, anyway?" she asked, trying to keep the anger out of her voice as she rose up to her full height, her seeming drunken state forgotten. Aside from that, the only person Mercy had slept-slept with was Twilight, at least as far as she was aware.

/ IC OPINIONS OMG THIS IS SO FUNNY

"speech."